Amsoil ?

Suzuki7
Edited Date/Time 3/19/2016 5:05am
Hey guys I'm 26 year old, I just brought my first back last summer. (99 125 rm) and I did a complete rebuild on top and bottom end. I want get use to riding, but I want try and race in Amsoil, can someone let me how I would get started?
|
colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
2/29/2016 4:30pm
I'm not trying to crush your hopes and dreams. But no way in hell you're doing arenacross anytime soon.

Maybe next year you can do the am day. But really a better bike is recommended. And in the mean time you need to learn basics, clutch control, when to shift, where your body should be, etc etc. Have you ridden the bike yet?
Suzuki7
2/29/2016 6:32pm
colintrax wrote:
I'm not trying to crush your hopes and dreams. But no way in hell you're doing arenacross anytime soon. Maybe next year you can do the...
I'm not trying to crush your hopes and dreams. But no way in hell you're doing arenacross anytime soon.

Maybe next year you can do the am day. But really a better bike is recommended. And in the mean time you need to learn basics, clutch control, when to shift, where your body should be, etc etc. Have you ridden the bike yet?
What's the am day? And I haven't ridden yet I plan to when the weather breaks, I know I'm nowhere near ready for are across though man. I just wanted to the steps I would have to take in order to get there, just want a idea of what to work towards.

The Shop

colintrax
Fantasy
2342nd
2/29/2016 10:48pm
I used Am for amateur. The amsoil arenacross series holds the pro race saturday, and I believe they knock down the whoops and jumps a little come Sunday for anyone to ride on.

The steps to getting there, is lots of practice. Watch Gary Semics videos, watch these guys https://youtu.be/Oa7NvKau0bg
And anyone else's videos you can find. And ride! Nothing beats seat time. Like I said, you might be able to ride the AX track next year, I'm not sure what your experience is with motorcycle or bicycles. Nor do I know how athletic you are. So take that as a general guess. Might be several years. Might be a couple months. I'd advise you to go watch a pro race first though.

Good luck!
Suzuki7
3/1/2016 6:33am
Thanks for the sound advice appreciate and I'm giving to get it my best shot!
hookieman24
3/18/2016 2:07pm Edited Date/Time 3/18/2016 2:08pm
I highly highly advise against running even the amateur day without some sort of racing experience and a newer bike. It takes some technical ability. It's not outdoor. If you can't use your front brake you are in trouble
You have guys come from all over the country to race that day because you can qualify to race the championship round in Vegas.
There is a beginner class. I recommend if you decide to race it only race the beginner class at first. Pay attention in the riders meeting because jumping and passing on yellow flag is allowed
Here are a few pics of a guy crossing over into my boys line while my boy was in the air. It could have been bad

NHtoWA421
3/19/2016 5:05am
newer bike isnt necessary, but i would definitely spend a lot of time at the local practice track, sandpits, or orv park and get used to that bike, learn the skills on the bike (clutch work, balance on the bike, in the air, how to jump, corner aggressively, etc) you may have so much fun with that, that you will never line up to an arenacross race, but you will have fun, get new experiences, adn become a well rounded rider. you can also take a class. Im 25 years old, and the best money i spend each season is taking a lesson with one of the local riding coaches in the area. it keeps the sword sharp, you meeet new people, and you learn something EVERY time.

Its the best money you can spend in this sport

Post a reply to: Amsoil ?

The Latest