250 2 stroke or 250 4 stroke ?

Hi.

I have started the search for a change bike wise.

The alternatives for me is: sx250 or a sxf250 (2017)
i would like som opinions on why too buy either bike, pro`s and con`s.

To this day i ride a 2015 crf250r who lacks of power, but the 450 just feels too heavy for me, i have never riden a 250 2 stroke, only 125. (143lbs 24 years intermediate rider)
There are literaly no options too get to test the 250 2 stroke, very rare in Norway.

i only ride mx (no trails) and purely for fun and local races in open class in norway.

sorry for the bad english..
|
6/24/2016 10:13am
Have you considered the 350 SX-F? This could be a good option if you're looking for a 4 stroke while still balancing the power/weight aspects.

Alternatively, if you're looking for strictly power then the option is simple between the SX250 and SX250F. The SX250 will be lighter than the four stroke alternative as well as much more power than the SX250F. But as you know with a 2 stroke, all your power will be in the powerband and not a full range of power.

The decision is yours, but I would try to go to the dealer and test all 3 bikes out and see which one feels best at the time.

Best of Luck!
6/27/2016 1:24am
Hi and thanks a lot for the reply.

I have considered the 350 yes but for some reason it fell away becuase i have gotten the impression that the two others are more playful bikes.

The easiest way of saying what i am looking for it is pure fun, i want as much fun is i can have and the two stroke screams at me but i am afraid it will be me screaming afterwards..

not sure how managble the power is on the twostroke..
6/29/2016 1:23pm
cosworth92 wrote:
Hi and thanks a lot for the reply. I have considered the 350 yes but for some reason it fell away becuase i have gotten the...
Hi and thanks a lot for the reply.

I have considered the 350 yes but for some reason it fell away becuase i have gotten the impression that the two others are more playful bikes.

The easiest way of saying what i am looking for it is pure fun, i want as much fun is i can have and the two stroke screams at me but i am afraid it will be me screaming afterwards..

not sure how managble the power is on the twostroke..
Do you have the opportunity to go test out each of the bikes at a dealer? If so, test each of them out and see which one feels best to you. Otherwise, "pure fun" (and not screaming) tells me you're looking for a 250 4 stroke but that will sacrifice power/weight.

In the end, the only way to know what's going to work best for you is to test them out and buy the one that "feels" the best to you.

The Shop

7/19/2016 9:49am
Bumping a month old thread:

Which 450 feels too heavy for you? Have you looked at the CRF450 or SXF450?

If your truly to the point that a 250f is too slow a 450 would be the only thing I would move up to.

Also consider parts availability. I assume KTM parts are easy to get in Norway...not sure about the Big 4.

Post a reply to: 250 2 stroke or 250 4 stroke ?

The Latest