why all this secrecy over team/ manufacture changes?

51xc
4/18/2016 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/20/2016 3:19pm
The title pretty much says it, i originally followed motogp since i know how to turn on a tv and over the years i gotten more and more into mx. today was announced by yamaha and ducati that current champion jorge lorenzo will race for ducati for the '17 and '18 season. motogp is only 3 races in to a 18 race season and there seems to be no conflict or problem in making this kind of information public this early in the season.

so, why is mx/ sx so careful with making information public? i'd imagine the riders would like to have it more straight forward so they can concentrate on the actual racing rather than keeping secrets.
|
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/18/2016 8:12pm
They're already pretty good at concentrating on racing, and as much as it'll disappoint you, they likely don't spend a lot of time worrying what you think.
newmann
4/18/2016 8:21pm
51xc wrote:
The title pretty much says it, i originally followed motogp since i know how to turn on a tv and over the years i gotten more...
The title pretty much says it, i originally followed motogp since i know how to turn on a tv and over the years i gotten more and more into mx. today was announced by yamaha and ducati that current champion jorge lorenzo will race for ducati for the '17 and '18 season. motogp is only 3 races in to a 18 race season and there seems to be no conflict or problem in making this kind of information public this early in the season.

so, why is mx/ sx so careful with making information public? i'd imagine the riders would like to have it more straight forward so they can concentrate on the actual racing rather than keeping secrets.
Because it's motocross and hundreds of dollars are at stake.
S.Loyer
4/18/2016 8:23pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2016 8:24pm
Because I am sure Brand X would like Brand Y/Rider to respect their contract and let the riders represent Brand X until the contract is over.
hvaughn88
4/18/2016 8:26pm
S.Loyer wrote:
Because I am sure Brand X would like Brand Y/Rider to respect their contract and let the riders represent Brand X until the contract is over.
"If you don't wear X brand, you won't win!"

The Shop

JB 19
4/18/2016 8:27pm
51xc wrote:
The title pretty much says it, i originally followed motogp since i know how to turn on a tv and over the years i gotten more...

newmann wrote:
Laughing
h&m_cycle
4/18/2016 8:28pm Edited Date/Time 4/18/2016 8:29pm
Damn, I loved watching MotoGP, can't believe it's not on FS1... There's truth in what Newman said...
langhammx
Fantasy
323rd
4/18/2016 8:30pm
GuyB wrote:
They're already pretty good at concentrating on racing, and as much as it'll disappoint you, they likely don't spend a lot of time worrying what you...
They're already pretty good at concentrating on racing, and as much as it'll disappoint you, they likely don't spend a lot of time worrying what you think.
Awesome response. LaughingLaughing
newmann
4/18/2016 9:02pm
GuyB wrote:
They're already pretty good at concentrating on racing, and as much as it'll disappoint you, they likely don't spend a lot of time worrying what you...
As noted by the numbers of empty seats in the stadiums this year.
51xc
4/18/2016 9:07pm
GuyB wrote:
well, lucky i (and a lot of others) think about those kinda things otherwise you wouldn't have the job you are having. you are welcome.
4/18/2016 9:50pm
newmann wrote:
That made my night! Hahaha.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/18/2016 9:54pm
newmann wrote:
There are times when I wonder if you still like racing.

Now is one of those times. Smile
4/18/2016 11:27pm
51xc wrote:

I'll take a guess....

MotoGP are prototypes. The moment a rider signs a new deal, he stops getting the latest upgrades and he's no longer part of the development process. In MotoGP the mfg's apply the pressure to a guy like Jorge to sign right away so they give really early deadlines to sign so in Yamaha's case they now know they have to start leaving Jorge in the dark on a lot of stuff moving forward.

MX is a production based series. And the race teams have ZERO input on the development process in Japan. Roczen can sign with Honda and it doesnt affect what Suzuki or RCH is doing at all. The RCH RM-Z is as developed as it's going to get already for this season. There are no secrets to hide for next year.

Ive seen PR clauses in contracts that prevent a MX racer from making an official announcement before the year is up. This is to protect the current brand for as long as possible. I dont think MotoGP has the same restrictions because the said outgoing brand has to explain why a rider isnt getting upgraded parts and the results start to slip.
Jrewing
4/19/2016 4:08am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 4:08am
newmann wrote:
Hahahaha. Goddam that's funny!
newmann
4/19/2016 4:16am
newmann wrote:
GuyB wrote:
There are times when I wonder if you still like racing.

Now is one of those times. Smile
Waiting for the outdoors!Smile
IWreckALot
4/19/2016 4:54am
newmann wrote:
Jrewing wrote:
Hahahaha. Goddam that's funny!
Comment made my morning also. Too funny. Newmann on point in this thread.
hillbilly
4/19/2016 5:22am
51xc wrote:

Bristol was empty this weekend,its all racing,nobody has any money cept for the 47 percent that has it one day a month.
hillbilly
4/19/2016 5:25am
51xc wrote:

JL better find a thick set of leathers,the next 2 years will be spent wearing the seat out on tarmac.
mxb2
4/19/2016 6:04am
None of our business ,like their salary. Lol.
ATKpilot99
4/19/2016 6:04am
GuyB wrote:
51xc wrote:
well, lucky i (and a lot of others) think about those kinda things otherwise you wouldn't have the job you are having. you are welcome.
Dezerted
4/19/2016 6:27am
51xc wrote:

newmann wrote:
GrinningGrinning
Mini Elsinore
4/19/2016 7:00am
I never understand when businesses abuse their own customers.

Grieby54
4/19/2016 7:05am Edited Date/Time 4/19/2016 7:06am
mxb2 wrote:
None of our business ,like their salary. Lol.
This.

We're talking about contracts for people's livelihoods here. Why in the world should we be privy to that before they're ready to announce it?
4/19/2016 7:33am
newmann wrote:
Possibly Thousands....
newmann
4/19/2016 7:58am

^^^^ fan appeal does sell product. Now take a number and get in line for your autograph.Laughing
newmann
4/19/2016 8:00am
It's good to see that some of you guys have a sense of humor. There is hope.Smile
Mini Elsinore
4/19/2016 9:48am

newmann wrote:
^^^^ fan appeal does sell product. Now take a number and get in line for your autograph.Laughing
...and only post things that are comfortable for TPTB! Laughing
Underdog999
4/19/2016 10:04am
51xc wrote:

Because people like you who don't know how to use capital letters don't deserve to know.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
4/19/2016 11:50am
Why? In a lot of cases, teams try and respect each other during the season, and not pre-publicize a switch. Riders may or may not tell you what's going on.

In some cases, there might be a letter of intent signed, but a contract's not done yet.

There are always tons of rumors. Some of them turn out to be true, and some don't. I could float more stuff out there, but it's kind of useless, other than for bench racing purposes. But if it turns out to be incorrect, that's not always a good look.
davistld01
4/19/2016 11:53am
51xc wrote:

newmann wrote:
Laughing Almost spit my lunch all over my desk...

Post a reply to: why all this secrecy over team/ manufacture changes?

The Latest