who's speed impressed you the most at GH

teggers
5/29/2017 3:56am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 3:57am
What really surprised me was how quickly the riders are getting on the gas in the corners. It is the easiest (and safest) way to decrease lap times, but damn, those guys were hitting it really early, way before the weight transfer.
Motofinne
5/29/2017 4:00am
teggers wrote:
What really surprised me was how quickly the riders are getting on the gas in the corners. It is the easiest (and safest) way to decrease...
What really surprised me was how quickly the riders are getting on the gas in the corners. It is the easiest (and safest) way to decrease lap times, but damn, those guys were hitting it really early, way before the weight transfer.
That made me think of Grant at the USGP 2 years ago.

deluxeman
5/29/2017 8:25am
Webb surprised me with how slow he was. Maybe they should have cut his brake line

The Shop

Park Boys
Fantasy
39th
5/29/2017 8:31am
Rockinar wrote:
Tomac. Moto 1 he got faster as everyone else got slower. He's the guy to beat in 450.
and he also ran pretty much the same laptimes as the frontrunners in the second moto without a front brake......at Glen Helen! French Dungey ain't gonna...
and he also ran pretty much the same laptimes as the frontrunners in the second moto without a front brake......at Glen Helen! French Dungey ain't gonna want none the rest of the summer
I expected him to be stronger, RD would be having a field day with these circumstances right now and Roczen would be gone. He's not moving up fast enough for a rider of his caliber. No one should be close to him and he should be gong from 13th to 1st by mid Moto. I expect much more from him obviously the brake was not his fault.
philG
5/29/2017 9:05am Edited Date/Time 5/29/2017 9:15am
I think we should be looking at who underperformed, when you think of all the guys that weren't there , Millsaps, Reed , Brayton, Alessi, Canard, Mookie, what is an acceptable result really?

Dylan Epstein who qualified 26th made a 12th in Moto 2.. im sure he is a decent rider, respect to him, but those guys like Bogle, Tickle and the like need to step the hell up, a top 10 used to be a result, now its a minimum requirement, guys paying their own bills are filling out the top 20 . There were 8 guys in that race i never heard of... not didnt know , never heard of. Thats no disrespect to any of them , they paid their money, and they they sat behind the gate , and they got in the race, and fair play to them, but when you look at the guys that are sitting at home, or going to Canada , anyone left has to raise their game.

Edit .. Tickle was actually ok in Moto 2, Barcia got starts and faded back , he isnt going to be bagging a big $$ contract unless he pulls his finger out.

5/29/2017 10:30am
for me it was colt nichols and christian craig until he had a crash. I knew ferrandis would do well because of how aggressive he is
brimx153
5/29/2017 10:35am
philG wrote:
I think we should be looking at who underperformed, when you think of all the guys that weren't there , Millsaps, Reed , Brayton, Alessi, Canard...
I think we should be looking at who underperformed, when you think of all the guys that weren't there , Millsaps, Reed , Brayton, Alessi, Canard, Mookie, what is an acceptable result really?

Dylan Epstein who qualified 26th made a 12th in Moto 2.. im sure he is a decent rider, respect to him, but those guys like Bogle, Tickle and the like need to step the hell up, a top 10 used to be a result, now its a minimum requirement, guys paying their own bills are filling out the top 20 . There were 8 guys in that race i never heard of... not didnt know , never heard of. Thats no disrespect to any of them , they paid their money, and they they sat behind the gate , and they got in the race, and fair play to them, but when you look at the guys that are sitting at home, or going to Canada , anyone left has to raise their game.

Edit .. Tickle was actually ok in Moto 2, Barcia got starts and faded back , he isnt going to be bagging a big $$ contract unless he pulls his finger out.

Tickle was OK in moto 2 ,is the understatement of the year !!! he stalled in moto 1 too last alot of time . plus only back from injury
rider41
5/29/2017 12:17pm
avidchimp wrote:
Just got a chance to watch the race again from home. I think Jody, MX Sports, and everyone else involved impressed me the most. Best Glen...
Just got a chance to watch the race again from home. I think Jody, MX Sports, and everyone else involved impressed me the most. Best Glen Helen I've seen in a long while. Great, SAFE track that made for some good racing.
Safe? As Dean Wilson said, "maybe next year they will install a shark pit" . GH is the most unsafe track on the circuit.
cbuehler767
5/29/2017 12:40pm
philG wrote:
I think we should be looking at who underperformed, when you think of all the guys that weren't there , Millsaps, Reed , Brayton, Alessi, Canard...

The second time I've heard someone reference Reed as "one of the guys who isn't out there." The only guys that should be happy that Reed isn't out there are the 12th-15th place guys where Reed would be finishing, this isn't SX. Mookie? He can't even hang for 20min on a SX track, what do you think he's gonna do on a whupped out man's track for two 35min motos? We all love Canard but let's be real, when he can actually stay on the bike it's pretty much an abberation. How about we appreciate the guys who are out there
MX Guy
Fantasy
727th
5/29/2017 12:44pm
deluxeman wrote:
Webb surprised me with how slow he was. Maybe they should have cut his brake line
Coop needs probably like 15lbs cut from it let alone the front brake
mx317
5/29/2017 12:55pm
Christian Craig looked good and was a pleasant surprise. Get well soon and continue to get better.
philG
5/29/2017 3:25pm
The second time I've heard someone reference Reed as "one of the guys who isn't out there." The only guys that should be happy that Reed...
The second time I've heard someone reference Reed as "one of the guys who isn't out there." The only guys that should be happy that Reed isn't out there are the 12th-15th place guys where Reed would be finishing, this isn't SX. Mookie? He can't even hang for 20min on a SX track, what do you think he's gonna do on a whupped out man's track for two 35min motos? We all love Canard but let's be real, when he can actually stay on the bike it's pretty much an abberation. How about we appreciate the guys who are out there
You think Reed would have nothing for Epstein then ??

5/29/2017 3:28pm
I also wanna add Mosiman to guys who impressed me, he was up there for awhile in the 2nd moto and faded back a bit but I believe he had two top tens which is pretty good. Kid's got skill
doghouse
5/29/2017 3:37pm
I though ferrandis would show.out, that didn't surprise me. I also said a lot of people are sleeping on Anderson.

Craig surprised me a little though. I thought more too ten speed, his was like top three!
rongi#401
5/30/2017 10:20am
everybody in san bernardino has speed.Whistling
Johnny Ringo
5/30/2017 10:46am
philG wrote:

Why focus on the negative? Can't we have a positive thread?
Stuntman949
5/30/2017 10:56am
Impressed with myself. Got a good spot by the exit and hauled ass out of the parking lot
philG
5/30/2017 11:27am
Impressed with myself. Got a good spot by the exit and hauled ass out of the parking lot
Almost the best type of win.
c0ncEpT
5/30/2017 11:51am
Craig - Got the starts and ran up front in both motos without throwing out the anchor.

Ferrandis - Expected him to do well outdoors but wasn't expecting him to walk away from Osborne like that.

Post a reply to: who's speed impressed you the most at GH

The Latest