who would win the 450 championship if...

Edited Date/Time 8/24/2014 5:57pm
a whole new MX outdoor series were to start next week for 8 or so rounds and a healthy and fit Villipoto and Barcia were back along with a physically and mentally healthy Stewart..

Canard and Tomac were really strong at the end of the series and Dungey was a solid and consistent as ever. Roczen had a confidence check towards the end of the series that just finished. I would guess that Villipoto would have trouble keeping in front of the top 3 guys and unlikely to regain his dominance in outdoor MX, but remain a top 4 or 5 finisher.

I don't think Roczen would win it and perhaps my money would be on Canard, but he probably wouldn't dominate every race. Dungey, Roczen, and Tomac would be battling for 2nd and 3rd and hard to say who would finish 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at the end of the new series.

mike
|
bd
8/23/2014 7:19pm
My money is on Villopoto. I do believe the Stew and the "Fast Four" would be a lot closer than 2013.
8/23/2014 7:22pm
If Stewart was physically AND mentally healthy... He would eat em up.. with the new superstar Canard rite on his ass, possibly even putting moves on him for the pass..
If it wear all the players in they're prime...Stewart would smoke em..
mxandy963
8/23/2014 7:22pm
If's don't calculate in moto.Too many variables.If you are not at the gate then you are not a factor.Injuries etc. equate to the variables.In my minds eye, KRoc had this series defined from the start.Nobody was to stand in his way.And that is why he is the champ.

The Shop

ChrisB10
8/23/2014 7:26pm
RV would of slaughtered everyone like he did last season. Go to promotocross.com and watch last year's archives. The guy was a men among boys.
jwhite66
8/23/2014 7:35pm
If it's and buts were candy and nuts and nuts everyday would be like Christmas .............RV
8/23/2014 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2014 7:43pm
Yeah but the op's original scenario is nothing but a big if question..And Stewart is almost untouchable when he is physically and mentally healthy. Unfortunately for us ( the public) and him as well, he hasn't been physically and mentally healthy in a long time. Becuz when he is he wins...easily.. And anybody in their rite mind who thinks any of these guys can beat Stewart when he's On is lying to himself..
8/23/2014 7:57pm
Now if you brought Carmichael from 8 or 9 years ago into the scenario. Then all bets are off. Ricky usually beat stewie when they matched up head to head..
zook11
8/23/2014 8:10pm
Dumb question RV easily.
rcm406
8/23/2014 8:24pm
zook11 wrote:
Dumb question RV easily.
you mean like he did 2009, and 2010, and 2011, and 2012, and 2014, and......Laughing yep, he really dominated those years!Laughing
jeffro503
8/23/2014 8:25pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2014 8:27pm
Yeah but the op's original scenario is nothing but a big if question..And Stewart is almost untouchable when he is physically and mentally healthy. Unfortunately for...
Yeah but the op's original scenario is nothing but a big if question..And Stewart is almost untouchable when he is physically and mentally healthy. Unfortunately for us ( the public) and him as well, he hasn't been physically and mentally healthy in a long time. Becuz when he is he wins...easily.. And anybody in their rite mind who thinks any of these guys can beat Stewart when he's On is lying to himself..
Let me get this strait.....for a championship....8 race series....you think Stewart would not only beat " but smoke " guys like RV , RD , Kenny , Eli and Trey? You say when James loses , he's not " on"........so do you give that same credit to the other guys when they don't win?

When any of those guys I mentioned above are " ON ".......Stewart didn't really have much for them in the outdoors. Indoors / SX.....when James is on.......I can see your point. But it's almost always a 1 - 2 race streak per season....nothing really consecutive.

I've always said James is a great wildcard to win single events every now and then......but championships....That era passed 5yrs ago. Amazing rider to watch for sure......but you never know if he's going to finish.

So my question to you is.........what have you seen in the past 5yrs that would give you an indication that he would smoke everyone in a 8 race series? Where has he been 8 races into the nationals the past 5yrs?
8/23/2014 8:59pm Edited Date/Time 8/23/2014 9:05pm
When the others are off they loose just like Stewart, but when everyone's on equally, Stewart wins c.uz
he's faster. I assumed he meant healthy for the entire 8 round series , not just the start of if..
But yeah if we're judging off past history, then Stewart's lucky if he finishes the first race. But that wouldn't be a physically and mentally healthy Stewart would it.
jock
Fantasy
1st
8/23/2014 9:02pm
Now if you brought Carmichael from 8 or 9 years ago into the scenario. Then all bets are off. Ricky usually beat stewie when they matched...
Now if you brought Carmichael from 8 or 9 years ago into the scenario. Then all bets are off. Ricky usually beat stewie when they matched up head to head..
And IF you bought Hannah, Johnson, Ward, Stanton and co back, what a series. Woohoo

Like an old saying, If your aunty had balls, she would be your uncle.
8/23/2014 9:19pm
Yeah but Hannah, Johnson, Bailey and all the tops from the 80's still couldn't compete with carmichael, even on modern bikes and at there prime.
Stewart is not my favorite rider, mGarth is, then carmichael, then Johnson, but Stewart is the fastest....when he's healthy.and yes that's a big WHEN..
dirtnapper
8/23/2014 9:41pm
This is, quite possibly, the stupidest thread I have ever read on this forum.

wow123
8/23/2014 9:53pm
dirtnapper wrote:

even seems stupid to replyBlush

a better thread would be, better as in even more stupid:

"who would win if they ran the series in mexico?"

Grinning
8/23/2014 10:05pm
They would have to bring him out of retirement but Pedro Gonzolas haha. He has the homecourt advantage..
mgtkr1
8/23/2014 10:11pm
jwhite66 wrote:
If it's and buts were candy and nuts and nuts everyday would be like Christmas .............RV
if my grandma had a pair of balls she'd be my grandad
jock
Fantasy
1st
8/24/2014 2:46am
dirtnapper wrote:

An even more stupid thing is, we replied. Sad
jock
Fantasy
1st
8/24/2014 3:01am
Yeah but Hannah, Johnson, Bailey and all the tops from the 80's still couldn't compete with carmichael, even on modern bikes and at there prime. Stewart...
Yeah but Hannah, Johnson, Bailey and all the tops from the 80's still couldn't compete with carmichael, even on modern bikes and at there prime.
Stewart is not my favorite rider, mGarth is, then carmichael, then Johnson, but Stewart is the fastest....when he's healthy.and yes that's a big WHEN..
You sure about that? What about in their day on the bikes they rode. It's hard to compare riders and bikes from different era's. RC is the goat, but did he have the competition that was around in the 1980's and now? Be honest.
TMV
8/24/2014 3:11am
a whole new MX outdoor series were to start next week for 8 or so rounds and a healthy and fit Villipoto and Barcia were back...
a whole new MX outdoor series were to start next week for 8 or so rounds and a healthy and fit Villipoto and Barcia were back along with a physically and mentally healthy Stewart..

Canard and Tomac were really strong at the end of the series and Dungey was a solid and consistent as ever. Roczen had a confidence check towards the end of the series that just finished. I would guess that Villipoto would have trouble keeping in front of the top 3 guys and unlikely to regain his dominance in outdoor MX, but remain a top 4 or 5 finisher.

I don't think Roczen would win it and perhaps my money would be on Canard, but he probably wouldn't dominate every race. Dungey, Roczen, and Tomac would be battling for 2nd and 3rd and hard to say who would finish 2nd, 3rd, and 4th at the end of the new series.

mike
Rookie year for Roczen. First time in his life he had to enter 17 SX races plus 12 Outdoor races.

Dungey and him had to race the 2 complete series and you want them to enter a third championship in a row against guys like Tomac, Canard and Villopoto that didn't do the entire SX or Outdoor championship or didn't even compete a single Outdoor race? Yeah, fair enough...

IWreckALot
8/24/2014 3:19am
Haha. Did the OP really suggest that Barcia would be in the mix? Haha.
8/24/2014 7:25am
Yeah but Hannah, Johnson, Bailey and all the tops from the 80's still couldn't compete with carmichael, even on modern bikes and at there prime. Stewart...
jock wrote:
You sure about that? What about in their day on the bikes they rode. It's hard to compare riders and bikes from different era's. RC is...
You sure about that? What about in their day on the bikes they rode. It's hard to compare riders and bikes from different era's. RC is the goat, but did he have the competition that was around in the 1980's and now? Be honest.
Yes, I'm sure. See there's a natural progression of athletes, and the racers of today are faster than the race of 30 years ago, just like the baseball players or football players or track and field competers are better than the athletes in those sports from a few decades ago. In 1984 your average baseball pitchers fastball was in the low - mid 90's, and there were exceptions, but that was the average. Today's pitchers average baseball speed is upper 90's to 100mph. Just like the top speed of Olympic runners of 25 yrs ago is 3-4mph slower than the top speed runners of today. It's a natural progression of human beings. The athletes have gotten faster, stronger, and smarter( you could argue the smarter) haha. And the mx racres 25 years from now will be(on the average) faster with more stamina than the racers of today..
downard254
8/24/2014 8:13am
dirtnapper wrote:

BAM!

Right there with ya Napper.
SquidBro
8/24/2014 8:20am Edited Date/Time 8/24/2014 8:23am
Whilst we're in the 'what if zone'

Who would win if a shark (non laser model) and a polar bear duked it out?

Oh, and Everts would smoke 'em all BTW.

Bradford155
8/24/2014 2:31pm
K-Roc proved he was the best, so how are you going to bet against him? Dudes worst finish I think was 4th.
Pretty insane for a rookie if you ask me.

Post a reply to: who would win the 450 championship if...

The Latest