who builds tean geicos motors

iudi2006
Fantasy
312th
11/1/2010 7:43pm
It's Pro Circuit. I don't know where to find it but the commentators on Speed have mentioned it more than once.
morning_stiffy
11/1/2010 7:45pm
I thought it was factory connection? Wouldnt that be why they call the 2 powerhouse teams Pro Curcuit vs Factory Connection?

I dont see why Pro Curcuit would build motors for geico, seeing as geico is really the only rival Monster/Pro Curcuit/Kawi has.
onenastynotch
11/1/2010 7:47pm
the engines are from pro circuit and then tweaked by the in house engine builder to suit each riders needs...it was in a artickle from mxa or transworld a few months ago

The Shop

DL
11/1/2010 7:51pm
Few PC parts but mostly in house at FC......... They work their butts off to make their own motors..... and they run Renegade fuels. PC is stuck with VP.
Dozer
11/1/2010 8:23pm

This guy builds them. It is actually pretty easy......
MotoGUY
11/1/2010 8:47pm
The motors are ported and done by PC they are more than likely assembled by the team itself not PC but they are built using PC Parts.
Rooster
11/1/2010 8:50pm
Dozer wrote:
[img]https://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/images-2/geico-caveman.jpg[/img] This guy builds them. It is actually pretty easy......

Could a caveman do it?
jmar
11/1/2010 8:57pm
Dozer wrote:
[img]https://scrapetv.com/News/News%20Pages/usa/images-2/geico-caveman.jpg[/img] This guy builds them. It is actually pretty easy......

I was told from a reliable source that it's the lizard that does all the motor work.

Rizzo
11/1/2010 9:14pm Edited Date/Time 11/1/2010 9:15pm
FHKRacingZ wrote:
Me and a friend where arguing over who builds the team geicos motors. He swears they are ported and parts from pro circuit and assembled in...
Me and a friend where arguing over who builds the team geicos motors. He swears they are ported and parts from pro circuit and assembled in house. I say the team has an engine builder and does the whole works in house. Can anybody fully verify this
Based on this, you are both kinda right. Kibby is the motor guy that works for the team. The specifics, well, thats for Mitch to answer, but PC provides the platform and Kibby takes it from there. FC and Kibby do not take them from start to finish though, sorry to ruin your bet. Who's buyin me beer by the way?
blair125
11/1/2010 9:49pm
PC does the head porting, the rest is done in house by Kibby.
JB 19
11/2/2010 1:36am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2010 5:08am
Trey thanked pc more than once during the outdoors last year. Pretty classy by Mitch if you ask me.
11/2/2010 5:46am
JB 19 wrote:
Trey thanked pc more than once during the outdoors last year. Pretty classy by Mitch if you ask me.
I believe that Mitch does several teams engines, but with his track record he should, and he is in the business of building engines.
Roscoe33
11/2/2010 6:59am
I thought it was factory connection? Wouldnt that be why they call the 2 powerhouse teams Pro Curcuit vs Factory Connection? I dont see why Pro...
I thought it was factory connection? Wouldnt that be why they call the 2 powerhouse teams Pro Curcuit vs Factory Connection?

I dont see why Pro Curcuit would build motors for geico, seeing as geico is really the only rival Monster/Pro Curcuit/Kawi has.
Pro Circuit sells motor work

Geico sells insurance
moto314
11/2/2010 7:15am
PC also does Rockstar Suzuki.
jeffro503
11/2/2010 7:24am
You know....call me crazy , but when I was attending the national up at Washougal this year....Metty's and Hahn's bikes sounded better than Dungey's and Shorts bikes. They had a slightly deeper "growl" to them and sounded extremely strong! Either way.....none of them "sounded" weak....But Metty's and Hahns sounded incredible!
JerseyFresh
11/2/2010 7:25am
I've always thought it was a bit of a conflict of interest with PC doing the basic motorwork on the FC bikes. Considering that PC also has a competing suspension business, I'd think that someone like a Yoshi would be a better fit but what do I know.
Torco1
11/2/2010 8:41am
jeffro503 wrote:
You know....call me crazy , but when I was attending the national up at Washougal this year....Metty's and Hahn's bikes sounded better than Dungey's and Shorts...
You know....call me crazy , but when I was attending the national up at Washougal this year....Metty's and Hahn's bikes sounded better than Dungey's and Shorts bikes. They had a slightly deeper "growl" to them and sounded extremely strong! Either way.....none of them "sounded" weak....But Metty's and Hahns sounded incredible!
You're crazy.
DL
11/2/2010 8:42am
moto314 wrote:
PC also does Rockstar Suzuki.
Not for 2011.... Yosh.
11/2/2010 8:48am
I've always thought it was a bit of a conflict of interest with PC doing the basic motorwork on the FC bikes. Considering that PC also...
I've always thought it was a bit of a conflict of interest with PC doing the basic motorwork on the FC bikes. Considering that PC also has a competing suspension business, I'd think that someone like a Yoshi would be a better fit but what do I know.
You guys need to listen to the Mitch Payton Matthes podcast. In it Mitch says:

(summarizing)... "Yes we build motors for other teams because building motors is our business. We do the best job we possibly can on their motors... now do our motors have more r&d time put into them? yes. Do our motors sometimes get experimental parts that have not been thoroughly torture tested to highenough standards to put into a customer like Geico/FC? Yes, and the reason for that is that I may spend a little more time developing special parts for my team... I'm not gonna pout some prototype, unknown durability variable into a customers(Geico) engine, but will I try it out on my own guys to push the HP envelope? Yes, and after we know it works we will put it in the Geico motors."

His words not mine Wink
gotwings
11/2/2010 9:33am
blair125 wrote:
PC does the head porting, the rest is done in house by Kibby.
What's with the green bike?
Mini Elsinore
11/2/2010 10:40am Edited Date/Time 11/2/2010 10:40am
I've always thought it was a bit of a conflict of interest with PC doing the basic motorwork on the FC bikes. Considering that PC also...
You guys need to listen to the Mitch Payton Matthes podcast. In it Mitch says: (summarizing)... "Yes we build motors for other teams because building motors...

(summarizing)... "Yes we build motors for other teams because building motors is our business. We do the best job we possibly can on their motors... now do our motors have more r&d time put into them? yes. Do our motors sometimes get experimental parts that have not been thoroughly torture tested to highenough standards to put into a customer like Geico/FC? Yes, and the reason for that is that I may spend a little more time developing special parts for my team... I'm not gonna pout some prototype, unknown durability variable into a customers(Geico) engine, but will I try it out on my own guys to push the HP envelope? Yes, and after we know it works we will put it in the Geico motors."

His words not mine Wink
This sums up perfectly MItch's prudent business model. And, this also explains why his approach has proven sustainable over the long haul, whereas some others have gone away over time.
jndmx
11/2/2010 1:22pm
You guys need to listen to the Mitch Payton Matthes podcast. In it Mitch says: (summarizing)... "Yes we build motors for other teams because building motors...

His words not mine Wink
This.....
dunn2500
11/2/2010 2:15pm
didnt read any posts but its a pc motor with FC tuner tweeking it a bit
mxr102
11/2/2010 2:29pm
DL wrote:
Few PC parts but mostly in house at FC......... They work their butts off to make their own motors..... and they run Renegade fuels. PC is...
Few PC parts but mostly in house at FC......... They work their butts off to make their own motors..... and they run Renegade fuels. PC is stuck with VP.
X2
Jake-247
11/2/2010 2:42pm
jeffro503 wrote:
You know....call me crazy , but when I was attending the national up at Washougal this year....Metty's and Hahn's bikes sounded better than Dungey's and Shorts...
Dungey and Short use Yoshi pipes

Metcalfe and Hahn use Pro Circuit Pipes.

Post a reply to: who builds tean geicos motors

The Latest