when is AC's contract up with PC?

Outlaw815
Just curious. Lot of good guys in the 250 class since he turned pro. I hope this isn't a contract year with the way his results have been
|
cali11
6/25/2016 4:09pm
Outlaw815 wrote:
Just curious. Lot of good guys in the 250 class since he turned pro. I hope this isn't a contract year with the way his results...
Just curious. Lot of good guys in the 250 class since he turned pro. I hope this isn't a contract year with the way his results have been
He has 2017 left on his contract. Cut the guy some slack he is just comming back from a bunch of injurys. Dude will be at the top again, he is 19.
oshow
6/25/2016 4:11pm
Outlaw815 wrote:
Just curious. Lot of good guys in the 250 class since he turned pro. I hope this isn't a contract year with the way his results...
He will be fine.

And he will win.

Just wait.
CrGuy2T
Fantasy
3719th
6/25/2016 4:15pm
He's gonna be fine. Seems to be getting it together. Sx he will be a monster!

The Shop

6/25/2016 4:34pm
He's doing exactly what he should be doing, getting stronger and stronger each week, and just riding his own race. Yeah a few mistakes have hindered him from better finishes, but he is finishing and is healthy which I think to be the most important part, I wouldn't be surprised to see a win out of him closer to the end of the series.

I think he's tried to come back from injury and be right where he has been prior too quickly and ultimately ends up hitting the deck and getting set even further back. Good to see him still out there and improving!
Outlaw815
6/25/2016 4:45pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2016 4:45pm
Oh don't get me wrong I'm a fan and I want him to be successful, and I agree he's doing what he should be. I'm just concerned he will end up on an inferior bike/team to some hot new rookie. He's only 19 and has plenty of time
Outlaw815
6/25/2016 4:46pm
Seems like these 250 teams don't give priority to any rider who hasn't won a title or is an up and coming rookie
bobby397
6/25/2016 4:49pm
im a fan of the kid, but it is his 3rd year outdoors. i believe kyle peters got kicked off star after his first season.
wfo4ever
6/25/2016 4:52pm
I hope he can show his true potential. I have always really liked AC.
Phillip_Lamb
Fantasy
2362nd
6/25/2016 4:57pm
after watching the behind the scenes stuff here is my take on AC.

the kid is good. he has very good technique and he has speed.

he wants to be back on top and he needs to keep that goal in sight but he's trying to get there too soon and i feel this is why he is crashing. He's pushing, and so he's making mistakes and hopefully things will even out before he gets injured again.

if he had backed it down a notch today he mightve finished with a solid top 5 position.

again this is just observations, he might've been staying within limits and just made a mistake.

but i think he is trying too hard and he's too wound up and needs to get back into the swing of things. He's just coming off of an injury and has yet to finish a single series

mxjon454
6/25/2016 5:11pm
Outlaw815 wrote:
Kyle peters did get dropped after his one year with star. But he didnt have the amateur career that AC and didnt sign a long term deal. He also didnt have a podium in his first outdoor season, AC did at utah. He also didnt win his first SX ever and win 2 more and have the points lead before getting hurt. He also dodnt have a podium finish last year at any of the outdoors and AC did. I know AC has been hurt a lot but he has the potential and hes only 19 still. No comparison with him and kyle peters.
machine
6/25/2016 5:21pm
He's just trying too hard is all. If he can find a way to just have fun again, it will come. I'll keep rooting for him, truly a nice well spoken kid that's good for the sport.
jonesaustin
6/25/2016 5:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2016 5:24pm
Outlaw815 wrote:
oshow wrote:
He will be fine.

And he will win.

Just wait.
oshow said it right
Crush
6/25/2016 5:33pm
AC's little tip overs are interesting to me... I kinda had a similar thing where I went from average height to my current height in little over a year, it was a massive and quick change... and I noticed my bike balance changed dramatically... I wonder how much he's fiddling with basic setup... his upper body seems twisted in a lot of ruts and corners and all these crashes are tip overs...
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
6/25/2016 5:38pm
At least he's finally showing those flashes of brilliance you want a guy with his potential to have. Baby steps.
USMCMXer
6/25/2016 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2016 5:52pm
The team managers all say you can work with speed. He has that. Fastest qualifier today and was running great. 2nd fastest race lap of the day as well. I am with Crush in that he grew A LOT while injured. He'll get it together. I just hope it happens before his confidence or all these little crashes take their toll mentally and physically. The class is stacked, but at age 19, AC is just fine. J-Mart turned pro after he was 19, just to give some perspective.
JRT812
6/25/2016 6:14pm
Pulling for AC. He looked great today other than his tip overs. I feel like it's coming together for him
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
6/25/2016 6:23pm Edited Date/Time 6/25/2016 6:32pm
Outlaw815 wrote:
I think this is a fair assessment. He'll get there. As long as he has been riding, he is in new territory.
gt80rider
6/25/2016 7:44pm
Things are coming around for him... staying away from injury should be the only thing he cares about the rest of the season... if he stays injury free, watch out next year....
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
6/25/2016 11:01pm
Outlaw815 wrote:
They all do.
cali11
6/25/2016 11:30pm
Outlaw815 wrote:
Did Kyle win 3 or 4 SX races his first year?
IceMan446
6/25/2016 11:41pm
I know he is coming back from injury, but he isn't in shape and I don't think he will do much this year.

I don't think he has the heart of let's say, Cooper Webb. Nor the confidence to get though the rough times.

He has won his entire amateur career, never faced adversity like this, and I don't know if he has the heart/tenacity to come back and be the guy.

Supercross might be his saving grace. If he can win in SX, he might get that confidence back. If not, I don't think he will ever be the same.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
6/26/2016 12:06am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2016 12:10am
IceMan446 wrote:
I know he is coming back from injury, but he isn't in shape and I don't think he will do much this year. I don't think...
I know he is coming back from injury, but he isn't in shape and I don't think he will do much this year.

I don't think he has the heart of let's say, Cooper Webb. Nor the confidence to get though the rough times.

He has won his entire amateur career, never faced adversity like this, and I don't know if he has the heart/tenacity to come back and be the guy.

Supercross might be his saving grace. If he can win in SX, he might get that confidence back. If not, I don't think he will ever be the same.
I agree with just about everything you said. However, I think he has shown a lot of heart by coming back over and over again from year ending injuries. Especially since these have been uncharted waters for him.

Next year or two could be make or break for him. Personally, I think he will get there. Time will tell.
IceMan446
6/26/2016 12:35am
kzizok wrote:
I agree with just about everything you said. However, I think he has shown a lot of heart by coming back over and over again from...
I agree with just about everything you said. However, I think he has shown a lot of heart by coming back over and over again from year ending injuries. Especially since these have been uncharted waters for him.

Next year or two could be make or break for him. Personally, I think he will get there. Time will tell.
I truly hope he can make his mark. I really do. Such a likeable kid and very good for the sport. Not to mention he is damn funny.

The episode that just came out where his dad was berating him and he said he was going to lose it, made me think just how fragile the kid is. Mentally. I don't know if the situation with his dad helps, but he has to be able to make a change if necessary, for him and his career. A la Kenny Roczen.

He has shown the heart to come back from injuries, but time will tell if he has the heart to be a champion. Which only a very select few have in this sport.
Crush
6/26/2016 12:50am Edited Date/Time 6/26/2016 1:13am
Just to point out something...

If anyone else, read anyone who hadn't dominated as much through amateurs, came back after a broken wrist, two dislocated shoulders requiring surgery, not to mention salmonella poisoning, to qualify fastest, pull holies, run up front and lead laps, everyone would be swinging off said rider's nutsack.

It's only the regard that he is held that makes people think this is disappointing, but he's still showing why he has that ride and what he can do despite having very little time under his belt...

He just needs to keep going, keep finishing, and he'll win, too talented not too.
cali11
6/26/2016 1:01am
Also eveni if his contract was up this year, no way Mitch would let him go. I heard a BS rumor he was going to Starr. Dudes contract is not even up. Who makes this shit up?
IceMan446
6/26/2016 1:33am
Outlaw815 wrote:
Mike Alessi was just as talented at one point in his career.

Never quite lived up to the hype.

I hope at some point AC isn't in the same conversation.
kzizok
Fantasy
2068th
6/26/2016 2:41am
kzizok wrote:
I agree with just about everything you said. However, I think he has shown a lot of heart by coming back over and over again from...

IceMan446 wrote:
I truly hope he can make his mark. I really do. Such a likeable kid and very good for the sport. Not to mention he is...
I truly hope he can make his mark. I really do. Such a likeable kid and very good for the sport. Not to mention he is damn funny.

The episode that just came out where his dad was berating him and he said he was going to lose it, made me think just how fragile the kid is. Mentally. I don't know if the situation with his dad helps, but he has to be able to make a change if necessary, for him and his career. A la Kenny Roczen.

He has shown the heart to come back from injuries, but time will tell if he has the heart to be a champion. Which only a very select few have in this sport.
Yeah, I saw that episode. Personally I think AC has a lot of self imposed pressure. Seems like a smart kid to me. Can you imagine what probably goes through his head right now? Im sure he reflects on the work and dedication it took to have such a stellar amateur carreer that got him to his/their goal of the pro ranks and probably feeling the clock ticking, somewhat. Gotta be a new stressful situation that would be difficult for anyone to deal with. Let alone a 19 year old kid. I think we see that sense of urgency through his recent tip overs.

Post a reply to: when is AC's contract up with PC?

The Latest