what is the scoop on Rockzen and

4/24/2014 3:54am
jamma10 wrote:
He was second in the points until that disasterous race at Indy where he went down with RV off the start and then crashed again making...
He was second in the points until that disasterous race at Indy where he went down with RV off the start and then crashed again making his way through the pack. He bounced back to finish second to RV at Daytona but then he had that weird mechanical DNF in Detroit the very next week, which scuppered any chance he had of clawing back the points he'd lost in Indy. That must have been a real kick in the teeth and it could be that his motivation dropped slightly when he realised he was well out of contention in a flash.

It didn't help matters that those two DNFs coincided also with Barcia and Tomac starting to find their groove and now of course Canard is back in the mix too, so it's a lot tougher to finish top 5, let alone on the podium.

1st - A1
6th - Pheonix
3rd - A2
6th - Oakland
2nd - A3
3rd - San Diego
6th - Arlington
1st - Atlanta
DNF - Detroit
2nd - Daytona
DNF - Indianapolis
5th - Toronto
4th - St. Louis
3rd - Houston
7th - Seattle

He's hardly dropped off a cliff as some people seem to think, and he's still 'best of the rest' behined the three seasoned 450 guys that everyone expected to be 1,2,3 at the end of the season. Even after two DNF's!
Kenny is doing great. Take out the two DNFs and he would be the (Rookie) talk of the town. RV said "he is going to be good" and I trust his opinion. As far as his performance falling off. Let's see how he does in the last two. A week off might be just what he needed.
shredder22
4/24/2014 4:10am Edited Date/Time 4/24/2014 4:15am
adamdf wrote:
Dungey is the man to watch, ....however roczen will contend for wins no doubt
Dungey is the man to watch? Uhhh okay… Kenny is just tapping into his potential and has so much room to grow and win races and titles. He is only 19 and has many bright years ahead of him. Not to mention Kenny won races without needing all the other top guys to crash on the first lap. The only race RD won, Kenny, RV and JS all crashed on the opening lap and started way back. How many guys have we seen RD pass? How many guys have we seen Kenny pass? RD is older, and will not win a championship unless RV retires, James crashes out and injures himself, etc. Kenny, ET and a few others will take over once RV and JS retire. Dungey has already won all the championships he is going to win (unless others are hurt.)
shredder22
4/24/2014 4:13am
Kenny is doing great. Take out the two DNFs and he would be the (Rookie) talk of the town. RV said "he is going to be...
Kenny is doing great. Take out the two DNFs and he would be the (Rookie) talk of the town. RV said "he is going to be good" and I trust his opinion. As far as his performance falling off. Let's see how he does in the last two. A week off might be just what he needed.
x2
mmain62
4/24/2014 7:08am
shredder22 wrote:
Dungey is the man to watch? Uhhh okay… Kenny is just tapping into his potential and has so much room to grow and win races and...
Dungey is the man to watch? Uhhh okay… Kenny is just tapping into his potential and has so much room to grow and win races and titles. He is only 19 and has many bright years ahead of him. Not to mention Kenny won races without needing all the other top guys to crash on the first lap. The only race RD won, Kenny, RV and JS all crashed on the opening lap and started way back. How many guys have we seen RD pass? How many guys have we seen Kenny pass? RD is older, and will not win a championship unless RV retires, James crashes out and injures himself, etc. Kenny, ET and a few others will take over once RV and JS retire. Dungey has already won all the championships he is going to win (unless others are hurt.)
I support this message!! Trust me not one dude on Vital could hold a stick to Dungeys skill. Dude is honestly badass but even though its getting old as heck to say it he just dont have the nuts to punt someone off the track , ok hes done it twice this year big whoop. If he wants to win which I think he can, he needs to get mean. Roczen is 19 hes still trying to be a kid while others are boring and robotic I think its cool that Kenny is out having fun and taking pics with other people in the industry. I havent read his contract from KTM but im sure it doesnt say " As long as youre a part of Team KTM you are not allowed to speak with outsiders" right? Id say he is the rookie of the year hands down hes a bad dude.

The Shop

4/24/2014 7:44am
jamma10 wrote:
He was second in the points until that disasterous race at Indy where he went down with RV off the start and then crashed again making...
He was second in the points until that disasterous race at Indy where he went down with RV off the start and then crashed again making his way through the pack. He bounced back to finish second to RV at Daytona but then he had that weird mechanical DNF in Detroit the very next week, which scuppered any chance he had of clawing back the points he'd lost in Indy. That must have been a real kick in the teeth and it could be that his motivation dropped slightly when he realised he was well out of contention in a flash.

It didn't help matters that those two DNFs coincided also with Barcia and Tomac starting to find their groove and now of course Canard is back in the mix too, so it's a lot tougher to finish top 5, let alone on the podium.

1st - A1
6th - Pheonix
3rd - A2
6th - Oakland
2nd - A3
3rd - San Diego
6th - Arlington
1st - Atlanta
DNF - Detroit
2nd - Daytona
DNF - Indianapolis
5th - Toronto
4th - St. Louis
3rd - Houston
7th - Seattle

He's hardly dropped off a cliff as some people seem to think, and he's still 'best of the rest' behined the three seasoned 450 guys that everyone expected to be 1,2,3 at the end of the season. Even after two DNF's!
Pretty fine stats for any racer in that class IMO, never mind a damn rookie!
gt80rider
4/24/2014 7:51am
Most "high end" rookies don't make it out of their rookie season uninjured... I see krocs results as more of a smart move/slash learning experience than anything...
4/24/2014 10:06am
If Bobby says his performance is falling off, then I’m calling for a top 5 and a podium to finish the season.Cool
Dsigner
4/24/2014 10:07am
I'm sure RCH will be fine with K-Roc's 2014 race record.
4/24/2014 10:11am
Dsigner wrote:
A couple strong finishes will certainly further enable some leverage at the contract table.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
4/24/2014 10:14am
hartebreak wrote:
My opinion is that things over under the KTM tent are very tense and not very enjoyable. I'm sure Roger is not happy at all that...
My opinion is that things over under the KTM tent are very tense and not very enjoyable. I'm sure Roger is not happy at all that A. Kenny is leaving, and B. that it is already out that he is leaving. Seeing Kenny hanging out and posting pictures with basically everyone on the planet (even Tony Alessi for Christ sake) other than his team tells me that he is now the red headed stepchild over there. I should expect that he is simply "over it" with the Orange Team and is mailing it in at this point. I bet once next year rolls along and he is well underway with his next team we will hear just how bad things got. It really bums me out though cause Kenny really could have brought the orange bikes to the next level.
rebus wrote:
Where are you getting all these wonderful insights from?
Yeah, I was kind of wondering the same.
4/24/2014 10:22am
adamdf wrote:
I totally agree that the 450 season is longer and takes a toll...but its likely that with a trainer like Aldon Baker his problems arent physical...
I totally agree that the 450 season is longer and takes a toll...but its likely that with a trainer like Aldon Baker his problems arent physical but mental
RV's first year with Aldon was kinda rough by the end of SX. People saying he looked gaunt and pale(er)...and recall that once MX started he picked up the nifty nickname "One Moto Poto."
oshow
4/24/2014 1:39pm
oshow wrote:
Sounds about right. But to me the training he is doing should offset that, or maybe it takes a full year for the fitness to set...
Sounds about right. But to me the training he is doing should offset that, or maybe it takes a full year for the fitness to set in.

I guess we will see next season
JW381 wrote:
Seems like you can train "all you want", but there's no real substitute for actually racing the main event laps. Look at Deano at Daytona. His...
Seems like you can train "all you want", but there's no real substitute for actually racing the main event laps. Look at Deano at Daytona. His training with Ryno is paying off, but what do you really do to prepare for 20 laps on a gnarly track against the world's greatest?
You do exactly what Ken did at the first part of this season you win and get on the box. seems like Aldon's training would have a plan for Kenny's firast seaon on the 450's and the extra races. he sure knows how to race against the world greatest, he has been doing that for awhile.

Dean is another story, his problem isn't fitness.
oshow
4/24/2014 1:41pm
Dsigner wrote:
Yes they will. But I guarantee they will want to improve on it for 2015.
TeamGreen
4/24/2014 2:00pm
"Mailing it in"

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Really, K-Roc mailing it in?

Pulllllllease.

Post a reply to: what is the scoop on Rockzen and

The Latest