what happened to DM18?

hillbilly
Edited Date/Time 2/8/2016 4:26pm
A bunch on here said he was washed up,didn't deserve to be a batter dipper at waffle house,was still waiting on parts.

That part he was waiting musta been a bike that would wheel tap a reverse dragonback .
|
dirtnapper
2/7/2016 8:33pm
Was the part he was waiting for in the locker the whole time?? Huh

Tongue
zehn
2/7/2016 8:43pm
Not sure why he was the only guy doing it?
moto455va
2/7/2016 8:44pm
zehn wrote:
he wasn't

The Shop

zehn
2/7/2016 8:49pm
zehn wrote:
moto455va wrote:
he wasn't
He was the only guy consistently doing it all night. I thought I saw a 250 guy (Webb I think?) uncork one at some point, but I haven't gone back and watched any of the races yet.
stewie94
2/7/2016 8:56pm
dirtnapper wrote:
Was the part he was waiting for in the locker the whole time?? Huh

Tongue
lmao
2/7/2016 10:59pm
Makes thread specifically to stir shit up.

I almost like your style. What happened to Davi? Injuries and Illnesses. DERP.
TeamGreen
2/7/2016 11:06pm

Drastically Complicated corrective surgery to Straighten and Lengthen his leg.
APLMAN99
2/8/2016 12:19am
Millsaps has had several runs in his career that probably prove the "haters" right more than anything else.

The guy could have been a title contender for most of his pro career, but really hasn't been. Probably been a mix of physical ailments with desire issues. He's obviously got plenty of ability when he's healthy and when he wants it badly, but those two elements don't seem to exist at the same time very often.

For a guy with the ability that he has, I think only finishing in the top 10 3 times in the first 5 races would be a bit of a disappointment and with depletion that's already occurred any finish out of the top 10 would be a huge disappointment.

I'd really like to see that kid challenge for a title again before his career is over. He's suffered plenty for sport, it'd be a shame if he never got to stand on top of the box at the end of the year, but it's not looking like that will happen anytime soon.
hillbilly
2/8/2016 7:54am

TeamGreen wrote:
Probably caused by a radiologist doctor misreading the xray.

mxb2
2/8/2016 8:08am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Millsaps has had several runs in his career that probably prove the "haters" right more than anything else. The guy could have been a title contender...
Millsaps has had several runs in his career that probably prove the "haters" right more than anything else.

The guy could have been a title contender for most of his pro career, but really hasn't been. Probably been a mix of physical ailments with desire issues. He's obviously got plenty of ability when he's healthy and when he wants it badly, but those two elements don't seem to exist at the same time very often.

For a guy with the ability that he has, I think only finishing in the top 10 3 times in the first 5 races would be a bit of a disappointment and with depletion that's already occurred any finish out of the top 10 would be a huge disappointment.

I'd really like to see that kid challenge for a title again before his career is over. He's suffered plenty for sport, it'd be a shame if he never got to stand on top of the box at the end of the year, but it's not looking like that will happen anytime soon.
27 is not a kid, he has had a decent career. Title chances in the future, none.
TeamGreen
2/8/2016 8:42am

TeamGreen wrote:
hillbilly wrote:

I'll ask; 'cause, I thought it was from simply healing wrong after multiple injuries to the same leg starting when he was young...but...I'm realizing I'm not quite sure.

Others talking about his "desire" don't know about other injuries that we're getting in his way.
For example: his "back ailments" while at Kawasaki were waaaay worse than most folks knew about; yet, he tried to ride through it. That flies in the face of any "desire" opinning goin' on in here.

He seems to be rejoining the fray after not having a full season since '13. And in that time, the class has gotten even faster...but...Davi's still running with'em and...get this...he's still developing his speed and capability. He's STOKED about his team, his sponsors and even his mechanic.

My favorite thing about the guy: he's all about having his family with him. When his wife and kids are with him at the races, he's all smiles.
Superdave19
2/8/2016 8:51am
-Give him a few races to get back in the groove- He'll be on the podium soon enough.
hillbilly
2/8/2016 8:56am
APLMAN99 wrote:
Millsaps has had several runs in his career that probably prove the "haters" right more than anything else. The guy could have been a title contender...

mxb2 wrote:
Very few have title chances,

Very few have heat race win chances.

He came out of LLs in 800s shadow,now,,,,,
Excaliburbmx
2/8/2016 8:59am
If he was doing everything right he wouldn't have got dropped by Kawasaki. They stuck with will till the contract runs it course. For that not to happen with Davi tells you something.
mxb2
2/8/2016 9:05am
APLMAN99 wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
Very few have title chances,

Very few have heat race win chances.

He came out of LLs in 800s shadow,now,,,,,
True, #18 is a solid 5-10 dude. now , nothing wrong with that. Just reality.
Zaugg
2/8/2016 10:35am
What happened to DM18? He got 5th last weekend in Glendale wasn't as fast as 1-4 but faster than 6-22.

2/8/2016 10:47am
BTO is a solid team. I think the added pressure of being the top guy at Kawi didn't do Davi any favors. He looks pretty damn good out there and I hope he continues to build.
2/8/2016 11:52am Edited Date/Time 2/8/2016 11:56am

TeamGreen wrote:
hillbilly wrote:

LOL.

It seems like his biggest issue was the sickness from all the strain on his immune system from surgery after surgery. Trying to train at such a high level and having no real recovery time. Davi's success comes from talent and ability on a motorcycle, it's only a matter of time until he's physically capable of exhibiting those traits again.

He's on a great bike, with direct development from Factory KTM. A Great team, which has the resources and the right attitude to help him achieve his potential and it seems like physically he's finally in a good place. Imagine what he could have done if his success on the Suzuki had kept on going? Absolutely could have been a title contender. He's one of the few you could say that about.

Post a reply to: what happened to DM18?

The Latest