BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 2/2/2012 11:07pm
I love you man....Smile
|
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/1/2012 12:38pm
I'm tired and trying to remain sane. That's not easy in this world and on this board. But I like to talk moto. The trick is staying away from the "I-bitch-about everything-in-this-sport" and "let's-shit-on-this-rider" crowds.
TerryK
2/1/2012 12:40pm
I'm tired and trying to remain sane. That's not easy in this world and on this board. But I like to talk moto. The trick is...
I'm tired and trying to remain sane. That's not easy in this world and on this board. But I like to talk moto. The trick is staying away from the "I-bitch-about everything-in-this-sport" and "let's-shit-on-this-rider" crowds.
ding ding ding! This is what I try to do, but I have to read as much as I can so I'm kind of stuck with it lol.
BobbyM
2/1/2012 1:16pm
I'm tired and trying to remain sane. That's not easy in this world and on this board. But I like to talk moto. The trick is...
well i will see you in san diego.,..charge it to mofo.com

The Shop

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/1/2012 1:34pm
TerryK wrote:
ding ding ding! This is what I try to do, but I have to read as much as I can so I'm kind of stuck with...
ding ding ding! This is what I try to do, but I have to read as much as I can so I'm kind of stuck with it lol.
Right. That's why sometimes when people say, "Why didn't you clean up that 17-page thread about ___________ rider?"

It's because I didn't read it.
BobbyM
2/1/2012 1:37pm
GuyB wrote:
Right. That's why sometimes when people say, "Why didn't you clean up that 17-page thread about ___________ rider?"

sometimes you lose sight of the fiorest through the trees...or something like that.

when is that pay per view throwdown with the hog gonna happen? Wink
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/1/2012 1:45pm
BobbyM wrote:
sometimes you lose sight of the fiorest through the trees...or something like that. when is that pay per view throwdown with the hog gonna happen? ;)...
sometimes you lose sight of the fiorest through the trees...or something like that.

when is that pay per view throwdown with the hog gonna happen? Wink
No, it means I'm smart enough to skip some threads. Smile

I've learned to skip hanging out with hogs. I don't need to be down in the mud.
M-M
2/1/2012 1:54pm
Did I miss a..

?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/1/2012 2:01pm
It was a pre melt down time to step back for a bit.

The meltdown would have been unleashing thoughts about some people here which in time I would not have felt great about saying even if though it would be true. There are some f'ing idiots here that spoil the place at times, and I don't envy the mods.

Now this thread should be parked.
newmann
2/1/2012 2:11pm
FTE just needed to go to the garage and spend a little time with the Fox project.
TerryK
2/1/2012 2:24pm
TerryK wrote:
ding ding ding! This is what I try to do, but I have to read as much as I can so I'm kind of stuck with...
GuyB wrote:

Its amazing how many people think that you (and the rest of us) can actually read every post in every thread. It's impossible.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/1/2012 2:26pm
Joe, that helps for sure.

If you get tired of wading through shit, it's time to find a different path. MX is supposed to be fun. No one sticks around a party when red-assed whiners and/or simple assholes start to dominate.
newmann
2/1/2012 2:35pm
Joe, that helps for sure. If you get tired of wading through shit, it's time to find a different path. MX is supposed to be fun...

If you get tired of wading through shit, it's time to find a different path. MX is supposed to be fun. No one sticks around a party when red-assed whiners and/or simple assholes start to dominate.
No kidding. But this place is pretty mild compared to being stuck in the middle of a customer and an insurance adjuster if you can understand that.
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/1/2012 2:51pm
Joe, that helps for sure. If you get tired of wading through shit, it's time to find a different path. MX is supposed to be fun...

newmann wrote:
No kidding. But this place is pretty mild compared to being stuck in the middle of a customer and an insurance adjuster if you can understand...
No kidding. But this place is pretty mild compared to being stuck in the middle of a customer and an insurance adjuster if you can understand that.
No doubt, but that's not optional, that's the life we have to live. Moto is supposed to fun, an escape.
Motoxtombo
2/1/2012 4:25pm
Welcome Back Mike! I knew you couldn't stay away from here. Smile
DrSweden
2/1/2012 4:36pm
I'm glad you are back as well, Smile but I totally missed what happened... Huh
Smitch
2/1/2012 6:35pm
Were you gone?

Welcome back old timer.
wawazat
2/1/2012 6:54pm
If you guys would look at what stays a hot topic, you would understand things better. You can post a heartfelt topic about a rider doing something totally unselfish and it will get under a thousand looks. Talk trash about anyone and that's what sales, just the way it is life and on a message board. People don't watch TMZ for the feel good story. This place is a lot lik that. So GuyB, where were ya Monday, Chipotle, At&t, or checkin out the new Jenny Craig in Santa Ana?
FreshTopEnd
Fantasy
4231st
2/1/2012 7:34pm
I understand things fine. I don't watch TMZ and don't want to be in a place in my life where trashing people is entertainment. If that's what is going to drive this place, it's out of my life just like the other crap that I eliminate. What a waste that is.

A couple of weeks ago that was the right choice. I figured out a long time ago how to stay out of threads that are obvious idiot threads. It's harder when you're in a decent thread talking moto with reasonable people and some jackass with an agenda hijacks it. I
wawazat
2/1/2012 7:54pm
I understand things fine. I don't watch TMZ and don't want to be in a place in my life where trashing people is entertainment. If that's...
I understand things fine. I don't watch TMZ and don't want to be in a place in my life where trashing people is entertainment. If that's what is going to drive this place, it's out of my life just like the other crap that I eliminate. What a waste that is.

A couple of weeks ago that was the right choice. I figured out a long time ago how to stay out of threads that are obvious idiot threads. It's harder when you're in a decent thread talking moto with reasonable people and some jackass with an agenda hijacks it. I
Back when it was Motodrive, the board policed itself and the bs threads didn't last as long. When they did last the op didn't. We need more of that. I go to a lot of message boards, softball, baseball, hair metal and so on. Not of of those boards are as bad as this place. I think some treat this place like a game, and just create different screen names and see how far they can take it. Is what it is, can't go back now and change the demo of the board.
Sully
2/1/2012 8:12pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2012 11:38pm
I understand things fine. I don't watch TMZ and don't want to be in a place in my life where trashing people is entertainment. If that's...

I'll be the jackass with the agenda that hijacks this thread then: Post updated pics of that sweet FOX CR you're building!
EastFlorida
2/1/2012 8:31pm
With all due respect to FTE, what I don't get is how BobbyM can be such a D@*# to so many others on here but buddy up with a select few. Not everyone has 200+ years moto experience and he seems unwilling to cut anyone any slack but rather he attacks them instead.

Newbies come on here, ask questions and they are attacked, yet most simply are are learning and want to understand what's going on... If we only show some small amount of respect to those guys just getting into this great sport, it will continue to grow and we'll all benefit...

FTE and a few other have earned respect for how they deal with newbies that may ask questions which seem silly/obvious to many others. Just because you were "somebody" back in the day doesn't mean you are due respect today. I'm glad FTE is back from wherever he went to for whatever reason and I think a little more tolerance around her would be good for everyone.
wawazat
2/1/2012 9:11pm
Here is my next thought on the subject.... The board mods have lost their sense of humor. When Worm, and Swap were mods, I feel the board reflected their personalities. Now the mods call people names, bounce topics cause they don't agree with the take. I get that Guyb has to deal with the people who get trashed here, and I'm sure its weird to try and be taken seriously when the person your talking to knows where what he or she says is going to be reported. Give people enough rope and they will hang themselves, or the board will take care of it, just let things run its course.
dkg
2/1/2012 9:29pm
wawazat wrote:
Here is my next thought on the subject.... The board mods have lost their sense of humor. When Worm, and Swap were mods, I feel the...
Here is my next thought on the subject.... The board mods have lost their sense of humor. When Worm, and Swap were mods, I feel the board reflected their personalities. Now the mods call people names, bounce topics cause they don't agree with the take. I get that Guyb has to deal with the people who get trashed here, and I'm sure its weird to try and be taken seriously when the person your talking to knows where what he or she says is going to be reported. Give people enough rope and they will hang themselves, or the board will take care of it, just let things run its course.
Hmmm.. I don't agree with your implications of some hidden agenda. Frankly, some of the stuff/participants that get monitored deserved it a lot sooner than when it actually took place. So, I think they actually do hang themselves or rather run the course.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
2/1/2012 9:33pm
There are bitchslappers and bitchslapees. Didn't they teach you that in law school,slapper? Wink

Welcome back to the drive.
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4408th
2/1/2012 9:34pm
With all due respect to FTE, what I don't get is how BobbyM can be such a D@*# to so many others on here but buddy...
With all due respect to FTE, what I don't get is how BobbyM can be such a D@*# to so many others on here but buddy up with a select few. Not everyone has 200+ years moto experience and he seems unwilling to cut anyone any slack but rather he attacks them instead.

Newbies come on here, ask questions and they are attacked, yet most simply are are learning and want to understand what's going on... If we only show some small amount of respect to those guys just getting into this great sport, it will continue to grow and we'll all benefit...

FTE and a few other have earned respect for how they deal with newbies that may ask questions which seem silly/obvious to many others. Just because you were "somebody" back in the day doesn't mean you are due respect today. I'm glad FTE is back from wherever he went to for whatever reason and I think a little more tolerance around her would be good for everyone.
How many national gates have you lined up on?
2/1/2012 11:17pm
Leash free posting is what i'm all about.....just like len.

Now its all spam and hatred for the colonel click as well as support for 9 year olds in the 7-8 class and sandbagging overall.
tydog
2/2/2012 5:36am
FTE is an acronym for "class act". This place is much better with him.
Glad to see you back and hope to see you soon.

Post a reply to: welcome back FTE

The Latest