Villopoto speaks the truth

roost251
10/19/2011 11:38am Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 5:51pm
Instant gold when poto says on matthes monday show that "no one will ever be as smart as the man behind the computer screen and keyboard". Great to hear his take on the situation where he states that "everyone" hates the canned dungey style interview and when he does a different more open and loose kind with matthes the know it all's are upset at that and how its informal.
|
500guy
10/19/2011 11:40am
Who gives a shit ? Fans spend money that's all he needs to know, alienating them won't help his cause.
MXR
10/19/2011 11:41am
It's Villopoto .
Matthes
10/19/2011 11:48am
500guy wrote:
Who gives a shit ? Fans spend money that's all he needs to know, alienating them won't help his cause.
Got it Jay but put yourself in his spot. He does an interview with me and gets criticized for it but if he does one like Dungey does most of the time, he'll get criticized for that like RD does. Then he's got idiots spewing rumors about his chick, his training (with providing absolutely zero proof) and eventually what he'll do is just turn into this guy that doesn't want to talk for fear of people slamming him. Then we can just call him James Stewart because that's what I believe happened to James, he just doesn't want to deal with anything anymore. He's tired.

People can spend their money anyway they wan to but they aren't "owed" an explanation or for a rider to act the way they would which happens all too often around here. If you don't like a rider then don't support them with your (virtual) cheers. The sense of entitlement by "fans" simply amazes me sometimes.

AND once again, for the 983rd time, let me once again reiterate that the industry cares way, way too much about what people say on here.
Mx4life320
Fantasy
2761st
10/19/2011 11:49am
MXR wrote:
It's Villopoto .
Correction Villopodium

The Shop

500guy
10/19/2011 11:54am Edited Date/Time 10/19/2011 11:55am
AND once again, for the 983rd time, let me once again reiterate that the industry cares way, way too much about what people say on here.

X100
10/19/2011 11:58am
500guy wrote:
[b]AND once again, for the 983rd time, let me once again reiterate that the industry cares way, way too much about what people say on here...

X100
Agree with you 500guy. Wow!
I don't think Romo gives a crap what a bunch of no football playing guys say about how his interviews just tow the line for the sponsors etc. In the end, there's less people on this forum, than at one race. Just sayin...
Cygnus
10/19/2011 11:59am
The best thing any pro rider could do is stay off the Internet motoboards. Tell Ryan to send the check to Olympic MX for the advice.
sc961
10/19/2011 12:01pm
Those top riders understand no matter what they do, someone is gonna complain. Doesn't matter which rider, or what the situation, someone out there is going to think they should have handled it differently.

Respect your fans, don't worry about keyboard cowboys, and be better prepared than your competition. That also seems to work well for those top guys. Some just learn later in their careers than others.

Every race is straight up..
-eagle-
10/19/2011 12:02pm
I thought this was going to be about his closing comment.
Not this mickey mouse shit.
peelout
10/19/2011 12:03pm
MXR wrote:
It's Villopoto .
Mx4life320 wrote:
Correction Villopodium
Millopoto

RV1-000,000
10/19/2011 12:28pm
500guy wrote:
Matthes wrote:
Got it Jay but put yourself in his spot. He does an interview with me and gets criticized for it but if he does one like...
Got it Jay but put yourself in his spot. He does an interview with me and gets criticized for it but if he does one like Dungey does most of the time, he'll get criticized for that like RD does. Then he's got idiots spewing rumors about his chick, his training (with providing absolutely zero proof) and eventually what he'll do is just turn into this guy that doesn't want to talk for fear of people slamming him. Then we can just call him James Stewart because that's what I believe happened to James, he just doesn't want to deal with anything anymore. He's tired.

People can spend their money anyway they wan to but they aren't "owed" an explanation or for a rider to act the way they would which happens all too often around here. If you don't like a rider then don't support them with your (virtual) cheers. The sense of entitlement by "fans" simply amazes me sometimes.

As much as the industry seems to slam Vital- they are really the ones that have given this place legitimacy.
When I am reading Racer X and I see something about stuff that was posted on Vital- I just get a little depressed. It's a very incestuous relationship. An entire industry reacting to the complaints of a small group of people, and reporting it week after week as the "public sentiment."
Like "so and so rider's decision really lit up the message boards." I would wager that every reader of Racerhead also reads Vital. It's a small group of people reporting on what a small group of people think-- a report that is then read by the same small group of people. It's like a tiny, incredibly repetitive vortex of negativity.
Titan1
10/19/2011 12:35pm
500guy wrote:
Matthes wrote:
Got it Jay but put yourself in his spot. He does an interview with me and gets criticized for it but if he does one like...

As much as the industry seems to slam Vital- they are really the ones that have given this place legitimacy. When I am reading Racer X...
As much as the industry seems to slam Vital- they are really the ones that have given this place legitimacy.
When I am reading Racer X and I see something about stuff that was posted on Vital- I just get a little depressed. It's a very incestuous relationship. An entire industry reacting to the complaints of a small group of people, and reporting it week after week as the "public sentiment."
Like "so and so rider's decision really lit up the message boards." I would wager that every reader of Racerhead also reads Vital. It's a small group of people reporting on what a small group of people think-- a report that is then read by the same small group of people. It's like a tiny, incredibly repetitive vortex of negativity.
Yup! X2

If the industry really hates this message board as bad as they claim, then they need to stop talking about it. Everytime a rider mentions it, or its mention in a magazine, or an interview it legitamizes us, and we talk louder.

Matthes is right, the entire industry cares way to much about this place. If RV didn't read the message boards (and there is no logical reason why he should), then he wouldn't know-or care-what we think about his interviews. It's not like people are going to go up to him in the pits, or at the track or on the street and tell him they hate his interviews.

Riders need to stop caring about this place, do things how they (and their camp) feel is best and live and let live. They'll never make 100% of the fans happy....so stop trying.
Brent
10/19/2011 12:36pm
Are we still talking about racing dirt bikes?

For a second I thought I was on the TMZ web site...
hasko158
10/19/2011 12:37pm
500guy wrote:
Matthes wrote:

Who needs people like Matthes when you can just log in here and see what all of the "experts" have to say. There are a lot of people on here who actually have educated and appropriate things to say, but for every 1 of them there are 5 who probably ride with their visors all the way down and their goggle strap around their kneck...or don't even ride at all and have nothing legitimate or worth while to say. It's sad then when I open a thread I actually now look for certain peoples posts because you know they are saying something worth while.

While I am not a fan of RV I agree with Matthes in that no matter what someone is going to say something. Far too many people just say nothing now and you don't get to know a racer like you do with other athletes in other sports. Too many riders get up on the podium or in an interview and they sound like a robot.
downandup
10/19/2011 12:48pm
Why do people care so much what a rider sounds like on the podium anyway?

Do you think you are going to get some riding tips from him or something? lolBlink

Any rider who cares what the people on the boards (here) have to say about them needs to harden up. For every 10 who whine and complain about a racer(and I'm guilty), there are probably 100 who have good things to say, but don't.
10/19/2011 1:01pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2011 1:02pm
Someone got their question on here answered about him praising the Lord if he won the million. Inquiring minds just want to know.
jeffro503
10/19/2011 1:14pm
500guy wrote:
Matthes wrote:

I just wanted to say.........."Steve....that was an awesome post!"......and approved by Jeffro503.

Carry on..........
Switch
10/19/2011 1:17pm
Brent wrote:
Are we still talking about racing dirt bikes?

For a second I thought I was on the TMZ web site...
THIS
Kawirider138
10/19/2011 1:20pm
RV1= fastest guy out there who cares what he says in interviews. did anyone else see the look on his face at the starting gate? pure determination, he didn't even look human.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
10/19/2011 1:20pm
Sure the riders should ignore the idiots on here, but it isn't always that easy. There are people out there dumb enough to believe what the idiots say, very few but they're out there and are like sheep. I think all the riders know they are trying very hard to do what they think is right for themselves, and then some overweight, out of shape idiot that has never accomplished anything in the sport can blast them from their computer chair. The bright side is I think they know the world is full of idiots, and the internet is the only place they can get attention. I would bet most of the time RV and JS and any other top pro just read certain peoples posts, shake their head and say ~ Damn people are dumb.
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
10/19/2011 1:43pm
If I was going to break it down by board participant, it would probably look something like this:

5% of posters who actually know what's up. They also generally post the least, usually only when they actually have something to say.

45% of posters are the vocal majority who are pretty sure they know what's up, and post frequently.

10% include a vocal minority who are pretty sure they know what's up, but generally post how they think things should work, rather than how they actually work.

10% have no clue whatsoever, but post like they think they do.

5% just want to stir up crap and cause trouble.

25% read, but don't post.

You have to pick and choose what you read, and who you believe. There are nuggets of good stuff scattered amid the...uh, rest of it.
englishman
10/19/2011 1:46pm Edited Date/Time 10/19/2011 1:52pm
500guy wrote:
Matthes wrote:

It's always been the same except now we have the internet so instead of having to write your inane ramblings in a letter , post it to a magazine and hope they print what you think you just come here slap away on the keys and "Voila" you shoved your opinion down everyones throats.
Matthes
10/19/2011 1:49pm
GuyB wrote:
If I was going to break it down by board participant, it would probably look something like this: 5% of posters who actually know what's up...
If I was going to break it down by board participant, it would probably look something like this:

5% of posters who actually know what's up. They also generally post the least, usually only when they actually have something to say.

45% of posters are the vocal majority who are pretty sure they know what's up, and post frequently.

10% include a vocal minority who are pretty sure they know what's up, but generally post how they think things should work, rather than how they actually work.

10% have no clue whatsoever, but post like they think they do.

5% just want to stir up crap and cause trouble.

25% read, but don't post.

You have to pick and choose what you read, and who you believe. There are nuggets of good stuff scattered amid the...uh, rest of it.
I'd love for you GuyB to tell us the one poster that whenever they put something up as fact is wrong the most times. The one guy that you see his name, read what he writes and is off every. single. time.

(please don't say me)
10/19/2011 1:53pm
Matthes wrote:

I don't get the entitlement by the moto fan and I definitely don't understand being star struck. They are just dudes like the rest of us. They will do stupid things they will make mistakes just like all of us. People seem to forget that most of these guys are just kids.
fader418
10/19/2011 1:56pm
Matthes wrote:
I'd love for you GuyB to tell us the one poster that whenever they put something up as fact is wrong the most times. The one...
I'd love for you GuyB to tell us the one poster that whenever they put something up as fact is wrong the most times. The one guy that you see his name, read what he writes and is off every. single. time.

(please don't say me)
Me! But I am the 2011 PulpMX Outdoor Fantasy Champ and thats all that matters!
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
Matthes wrote:
I'd love for you GuyB to tell us the one poster that whenever they put something up as fact is wrong the most times. The one...

(please don't say me)
The ones that are fishing are generally wrong...though even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while.

Heck, even I'm wrong on occasion. Though I try and minimize that. Smile
mxpunk
500guy wrote:
Matthes wrote:

englishman wrote:
It's always been the same except now we have the internet so instead of having to write your inane ramblings in a letter , post it...
It's always been the same except now we have the internet so instead of having to write your inane ramblings in a letter , post it to a magazine and hope they print what you think you just come here slap away on the keys and "Voila" you shoved your opinion down everyones throats.
i agree

if he knocks up his wife and she leaves him after a few years he'll regret not taking the yearly payout.

RV doesn't seem like a dummy-- as we all know many of his peers are boneheads but marrying that chick was the WORST thing he could of did.

These girls are gold diggers to the max, however..ill be honest..if I had that kind of loot and worked that hard i'd want to slay top shelf pussy too.
10/19/2011 1:57pm
As a rider, you have two choices.

You can either embrace this place (ala DV), or totally completely ignore it. Thats it. Any half thing here or there, will just wear you down.

But as a pro rider, here is something EVERYONE needs to know straight up and its not a choice... you better hike up your big girl panties, cowboy the fuck up, and get some thick skin to go with that 6 figure salary to do what you love to do. Thats the price and we have far far far to many riders that are too big of a ... puss... for their own good much less the sports.
pummel
Fantasy
528th
10/19/2011 2:05pm
I love Vital. I think people need to take it for what it is and not take it so seriously. I'll admit sometimes total BS rumors can sometimes be fun- just ask Chad reed.

Post a reply to: Villopoto speaks the truth

The Latest