vid stu crash

sozo
Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 11:30pm
|
sozo
5/22/2016 9:35am
Sorry if it was posted... I didnt see this in the broadcast ???
dirtnapper
5/22/2016 9:36am
Blink what??!

Just my uneducated opinion - but it didn't look like he had any intention of making that corner, like he wasn't even turning..............

Just seemed like he went straight over the berm. Just me??
IceMan446
5/22/2016 9:37am
dirtnapper wrote:
:blink: what??! Just my uneducated opinion - but it didn't look like he had any intention of making that corner, like he wasn't even turning.............. Just...
Blink what??!

Just my uneducated opinion - but it didn't look like he had any intention of making that corner, like he wasn't even turning..............

His hand came off the bars.
kkawboy14
5/22/2016 9:39am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 9:39am
dirtnapper wrote:
:blink: what??! Just my uneducated opinion - but it didn't look like he had any intention of making that corner, like he wasn't even turning.............. Just...
Blink what??!

That's what it looked like.

He is brain fading for some reason! Pastrana started doing the same thing in races, do they have the same medical issues?

The Shop

dirtnapper
5/22/2016 9:42am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 10:56am
dirtnapper wrote:
Blink what??!

IceMan446 wrote:
Ok.
Please don't take it the wrong way, I am by NO means saying it was purposeful, it just seems so bizarre that coming into the corner, he passes the inside line, passes the outside line, and doesn't even look into the corner, just straight ahead over the berm. But I guess if you can't steer your bike ( hand off bars ) you'd be looking ahead toward your landing area, not the race track.

My comment was just my first knee jerk reaction........
kkawboy14
5/22/2016 9:44am
dirtnapper wrote:
Blink what??!

IceMan446 wrote:
That makes sense, he hangs on pretty loosely
TDeath21
5/22/2016 9:46am
I said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too. Obviously you can only tell so much from just an onboard, but anyway ...

That looked like something you'd see at a local C class race. You NEVER see a professional rider get tossed like a rag doll over the berm like that. They are always skilled enough to prevent that, whether it be ensuring they crash before the berm, jumping over the berm in control, etc. It honestly reminded me of Brandon. No way should that have happened. Just look up C class helmet cams on YouTube and you'll see similar mishaps like this one.
MaicoJC1
5/22/2016 9:48am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 9:49am
During the end of that clip thought Langston was going to say, "that is effed up" -- but caught himself before he did...Well, it was effed up...Can't begin to grasp what's going through his head (and body, for that matter) these days. Nonetheless, hope he figures it out, one way or the other.
IceMan446
5/22/2016 9:49am
dirtnapper wrote:
Blink what??!

IceMan446 wrote:
dirtnapper wrote:
Ok. Please don't take it the wrong way, I am by NO means saying it was purposeful, it just seems so bizarre that coming into the...
Ok.
Please don't take it the wrong way, I am by NO means saying it was purposeful, it just seems so bizarre that coming into the corner, he passes the inside line, passes the outside line, and doesn't even look into the corner, just straight ahead over the berm. But I guess if you can't steer your bike ( hand off bars ) you'd be looking ahead toward your landing area, not the race track.

My comment was just my first knee jerk reaction........
The video does it no justice, but the amount of speed they carry down that straight into the sharp right handed is crazy. And that is one of the roughest sections on the track.

If his hand came off he wouldnt have time to do much of anything. Let alone look to where the corner should be going.

I would have to assume it was his throttle hand for him to not really slow down before going over the berm like that.

sozo
5/22/2016 9:53am
looks like the bike bucked him over the bars....
jeffro503
5/22/2016 9:54am
TDeath21 wrote:
I said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too. Obviously you can only tell so much from just an onboard, but anyway...
I said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too. Obviously you can only tell so much from just an onboard, but anyway ...

That looked like something you'd see at a local C class race. You NEVER see a professional rider get tossed like a rag doll over the berm like that. They are always skilled enough to prevent that, whether it be ensuring they crash before the berm, jumping over the berm in control, etc. It honestly reminded me of Brandon. No way should that have happened. Just look up C class helmet cams on YouTube and you'll see similar mishaps like this one.
Dude really? That happens at all skill levels....even the top guys. That was a shitty deal for James , but others have had that happen as well. Some save it , some can't. Comparing James to Brandon? I don't know what else to say here.
IceMan446
5/22/2016 9:56am
TDeath21 wrote:
I said this in another thread, but I'll say it here too. Obviously you can only tell so much from just an onboard, but anyway...

jeffro503 wrote:
Dude really? That happens at all skill levels....even the top guys. That was a shitty deal for James , but others have had that happen as...
Dude really? That happens at all skill levels....even the top guys. That was a shitty deal for James , but others have had that happen as well. Some save it , some can't. Comparing James to Brandon? I don't know what else to say here.
i thought he was joking in another thread but I guess not!
TDeath21
5/22/2016 9:57am
TDeath21 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
Dude really? That happens at all skill levels....even the top guys. That was a shitty deal for James , but others have had that happen as...
Yes. Really.
bvm111
5/22/2016 10:40am
TDeath21 wrote:

jeffro503 wrote:
TDeath21 wrote:
Yes. Really.
Really.... Tongue
abn166
5/22/2016 10:40am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 10:57am
dirtnapper wrote:
Blink what??!

It looked like he had no he had no intention of making the turn? Really? Really? So you are saying that James intentionally went over the berm at that speed on purpose to what, hurt himself? Come on, you can't even begin to figure out what went wrong from that video. His hand could have come off of the bars and/or he hit a bump wrong and rode the front end and could not use either brake.
dirtnapper
5/22/2016 10:42am Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 10:43am
dirtnapper wrote:
Blink what??!

abn166 wrote:
It looked like he had no he had no intention of making the turn? Really? Really? So you are saying that James intentionally went over the...
It looked like he had no he had no intention of making the turn? Really? Really? So you are saying that James intentionally went over the berm at that speed on purpose to what, hurt himself? Come on, you can't even begin to figure out what went wrong from that video. His hand could have come off of the bars and/or he hit a bump wrong and rode the front end and could not use either brake.
"intention" was a poor choice of words.
Obviously you did not read my second post in the thread..........

* oh, and its "reaLLy".....
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
5/22/2016 10:52am
Like Iceman has said that is a very high speed section and it get nasty breaking bumps That is one section on that track that I struggle with I tend to let off the gas to early there . I can't claim to know what James thinks like a few in here Whistling but I am certain he did not do that on purpose . You know what I would really like to see ? I would like to see a lit pro of James vs say Kroc . Just to compare speeds and lines To really see how far James is off
sozo
5/22/2016 11:15am
He had the same issue during practice, in the same place, but did not wad up in practice.
5/22/2016 11:28am
The worst wad-up I ever had was when my left hand came off the bars at the end of a fast and rough straight into a right hander. The worst part is you're draped over the bars unable to let go of the throttle. That's when things get real ugly.
OR Racer46
Fantasy
843rd
5/22/2016 11:28am
You think he was practicing his exit ?
IceMan446
5/22/2016 1:20pm
sozo wrote:
He had the same issue during practice, in the same place, but did not wad up in practice.
Not the same issue. He tucked the front end in practice, his hand came off in the race.

Different issue.
Starcrossed
5/22/2016 1:29pm
sozo wrote:
Sorry if it was posted... I didnt see this in the broadcast ???
You must have missed it. The GoPro video was shown during the TV broadcast.
TDeath21
5/22/2016 1:29pm
I know this is what would fit your agenda, but it's not true. Carry on though. It's entertaining. Also, you might want to work on your reading comprehension a bit. I never called James a C class rider.
5/22/2016 3:05pm
I would like to see the other times he and other riders went through that corner. Looks like he hits that braking bump abnormally hard.
5/22/2016 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 5/22/2016 3:28pm
@TDeath21
Obvious troll is obvious. You're right because you talk to James on a regular basis, so I would think you know what you're talking about for sure. Give us updates on his shoulder when you talk to him tomorrow morning. Grinning
Travis_Hudson
Fantasy
997th
5/22/2016 7:17pm
That section is tough when it gets rough, I've let go of the bars for s split second through there before, and you are going damn fast there too.
slipdog
5/22/2016 7:45pm
Not sure if it's the same turn but he missed a berm at press day as well. It's the first clip in this video: http://youtu.be/qb1iJjIRre8
Not sure if it's the same turn but he missed a berm at press day as well. It's the first clip in this video:
http://youtu.be/qb1iJjIRre8
Yes that's the same berm and in the GoPro you can tell he gets bucked the exact same way just as he's entering the corner and then just goes straight off the berm.
5/22/2016 9:02pm
Before people freak out and say I'm an idiot, remember this is just speculation. But is it possible stew needs aderall to race?

Post a reply to: vid stu crash

The Latest