unreported side effect of nerve block surgery

FCTRY
Edited Date/Time 3/22/2014 4:14pm
I have now hit myself in the face thrice, when my limp lifeless forearm swung right in and clocked me in the nose. It's kind of like having a giant nun-chuck on you shoulder that you think you can control, but you can't. Surely this is an epidemic. In less funny news, I broke my scaphoid and my mtb and moto seasons are pretty much kaput.
|
edgo897
3/22/2014 4:12am
Wait til the constipation sets in. Go buy some prune juice now.
bullpen658
3/22/2014 8:39am
They recently gave me that nerve block thing too (for a minor shoulder surgery related to a broken humerus back in 2012) and all I could think was "WHY DIDN'T YOU GIVE ME THIS WHEN I ORIGINALLY BROKE MY ARM AND WAS CRYING FROM THE PAIN??????" I felt NOTHING. It was kind of scary to me though because when I originally broke it, I had severe nerve damage and couldn't feel or move it for over 6 months. Luckily, the nerve block thing wore off about 28 hours after.
Sandberm
3/22/2014 8:58am
Is that the limb you wipe with?

With our recent culture shift don't be embarrassed if you give yourself a prostate exam by accident.
Highsider
3/22/2014 9:01am
edgo897 wrote:
Wait til the constipation sets in. Go buy some prune juice now.
Seeded prunes are like candy and work well, too.

The Shop

FCTRY
3/22/2014 9:52am
It's my dominant hand, which sucks because i'm in school and have to write a lot. Also, a few months ago I lost parts of two fingers and cut the tendon in my thumb on my left hand, so it's not that useful either. I had just gotten back to where i could hang on for more than a few laps from that injury. That one was really painful, got super clogged up from the narcotics that time.
WeiserGuy
3/22/2014 11:17am
FCTRY wrote:
It's my dominant hand, which sucks because i'm in school and have to write a lot. Also, a few months ago I lost parts of two...
It's my dominant hand, which sucks because i'm in school and have to write a lot. Also, a few months ago I lost parts of two fingers and cut the tendon in my thumb on my left hand, so it's not that useful either. I had just gotten back to where i could hang on for more than a few laps from that injury. That one was really painful, got super clogged up from the narcotics that time.
That one was really painful, got super clogged up from the narcotics that time.

Been here more than once and isn't very fun. Piss on eating prunes. Go buy some coolrite pills at any pharmacy and they will fix you right up.
FCTRY
3/22/2014 1:13pm
I took some laxatives that time, which worked but put me through 30 minutes of pure agony on the bathroom floor in the process
WeiserGuy
3/22/2014 1:36pm Edited Date/Time 3/22/2014 1:37pm
Coolrite isn't a laxative. It's a stool softener and works like a charm. A family friend that was terminally ill with cancer recommended it and I couldn't thank her enough.
3/22/2014 1:44pm
I had a tri-malleoular fracture of my right ankle/leg on Tuesday night and I had a nerve block as well when I went into surgery for it. After having a plate and 9 screws put in my leg, Im glad I had it. When it wore off, it was an 11/10 in terms of pain and it happened FAST.

3 days later, Im off pain meds other then 4 Tylenol a day to help try and keep inflammation down, and a blood thiner to prevent clots in the leg.
DA498
3/22/2014 4:14pm
FCTRY wrote:
It's my dominant hand, which sucks because i'm in school and have to write a lot. Also, a few months ago I lost parts of two...
Just had index finger tip (pad) torn off, required skin graft, bumming me out missing these early spring ride days. Sorry to hear of your injuries. Heal up soon.

Post a reply to: unreported side effect of nerve block surgery

The Latest