trading my quad for a dirtbike

huck
6/2/2010 7:40am
mckell wrote:
hey guys! so im trading my 2007 outlaw 525irs and my flatbed trailer for a 2006 crf450r. tell me what you guys think about this deal...
hey guys! so im trading my 2007 outlaw 525irs and my flatbed trailer for a 2006 crf450r. tell me what you guys think about this deal. he also said it comes with extra set of plastics, 3 different sprockets, and most of all the stock spare parts.
Photobucket
Photobucket
ENGINE:
10 hrs on a COMPLETE rebuild, oil changed every ride, or every 5 hrs, whatever came first.
BRI modified head with beryllium valve seats
PR2 modified cylinder
Coated top end parts
Coated transmission
Hinson clutch with akadized plates

SUSPENSION:
BRI fork revalve and set up
BRI shock revalve and set up
Machined fork internals
“DLC” fork tube coating
Factory Connection lock rings
Factory Connection bladder cap
Factory Connection oil lock collars

Chassis:
Welded frame tabs
Upgraded engine mounts
RG3 20mm offset triple clamps
BRI hubs
Pro Wheels
Renthal bars
ARC \ Sunline breakaway levers
Billet aluminum throttle tube
Titanium footpegs
Carbon \ titanium Yoshimura exhuast
Oversized left radiator
Oversized front brake rotor (270mm)
Hammerhead brake lever
IMS shifter
Work Connection “Pro”perch with hot start
Works Connection skid plate
Works Connection engine guards
Works Connection radiator guards \ braces
Works Connection master cylinder cover
Works Connection engine filler caps
Works Connection holeshot device
Renthal Sprockets
MeritCarbon fiber shark fin
Twin Air aluminum air filter cage
Michelin starcross front and rear tire with heavy duty tubes
Everything is safety wired
And stopped every 5 hours to change the oil... lol
Klutch
6/2/2010 7:54am
looks like you got a 2006 Blackfoot Honda race bike!
Devil1nNj
6/2/2010 8:08am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:17pm
hey guys! so im trading my 2007 outlaw 525irs and my flatbed trailer for a 2006 crf450r. tell me what you guys think about this deal. he also said it comes with extra set of plastics, 3 different sprockets, and most of all the stock spare parts.

yeah im just fuckin around too haha, im sooo stoked about getting this bike!!! idc what anyone says. thanks!!

This made me chortle.

Enjoy the new ride. If you are the slightest bit mechanically inclined, you can easily check your valve clearances, compression, and inspect the heads, and cams for wear. If not at least drop the $75 on that. A $75 investment there, can give you an idea where you're at.

I would also buy a hot cams shim kit, if the motor has mods done. Like I said before, if you don't know how to check valve clearances, learn, or make friends with someone who can. Smile

Good luck and enjoy, I doubt you'll regret loosing 2 wheels. Plus, your dad will be stoked to find out your not gay. LOL jk
Jabjr222
6/2/2010 8:51am
mckell wrote:
yeah well actually this guy who has it now traded it from his friend for a really nice sprint car, and i wouldnt imagine his friend...
yeah well actually this guy who has it now traded it from his friend for a really nice sprint car, and i wouldnt imagine his friend screwing him over. and actually he said the suspension is set up for a 180lbs rider (thats how much i weigh) and its set up for track, and dunes and that kinda shit. this guy has a kids and a family and a business, i just dont feel like he's trying to screw me over.
Please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't assuming the guy was screwing you over. I mean, these things are sold brand new with ZERO warranty. The factories themselves know they could blow at any second! Just kidding. Kind of....

Track and dunes are totally different unless your track happens to be built in a sand dune...

And while weight has something to do with suspension set-up, ask yourself this, what level of 180 pound rider was it set up for? A newbie would need a soft set-up while a fast and aggressive rider would need the total opposite.

What I would do is find one that someone bought and sat in the garage because they were either scared of the bike or got hurt on the bike. I would never invest my money in a used 4t that was obviously ridden hard.

Totally not trying to be an internet smart guy, just talking to you like I would a friend looking to buy a used bike. Bottom line is that I am just happy you are ditching the couch!

The Shop

mckell
6/3/2010 2:45pm
Klutch wrote:
hey!! thats actually what the guy was talking about, what do you know about this?
mckell
6/3/2010 2:47pm
Devil1nNj wrote:
[i]hey guys! so im trading my 2007 outlaw 525irs and my flatbed trailer for a 2006 crf450r. [b]tell me what you guys think about this deal[/b]...

yeah im just fuckin around too haha, im sooo stoked about getting this bike!!! idc what anyone says. thanks!!

This made me chortle.

Enjoy the new ride. If you are the slightest bit mechanically inclined, you can easily check your valve clearances, compression, and inspect the heads, and cams for wear. If not at least drop the $75 on that. A $75 investment there, can give you an idea where you're at.

I would also buy a hot cams shim kit, if the motor has mods done. Like I said before, if you don't know how to check valve clearances, learn, or make friends with someone who can. Smile

Good luck and enjoy, I doubt you'll regret loosing 2 wheels. Plus, your dad will be stoked to find out your not gay. LOL jk
yeah i was planning on doing that when i get it. and the guy says it has a hotcam in it. my dads dead or else im sure he'd be proud of me
mckell
6/3/2010 2:49pm
Jabjr222 wrote:
Please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't assuming the guy was screwing you over. I mean, these things are sold brand new with ZERO warranty. The factories...
Please don't misunderstand me. I wasn't assuming the guy was screwing you over. I mean, these things are sold brand new with ZERO warranty. The factories themselves know they could blow at any second! Just kidding. Kind of....

Track and dunes are totally different unless your track happens to be built in a sand dune...

And while weight has something to do with suspension set-up, ask yourself this, what level of 180 pound rider was it set up for? A newbie would need a soft set-up while a fast and aggressive rider would need the total opposite.

What I would do is find one that someone bought and sat in the garage because they were either scared of the bike or got hurt on the bike. I would never invest my money in a used 4t that was obviously ridden hard.

Totally not trying to be an internet smart guy, just talking to you like I would a friend looking to buy a used bike. Bottom line is that I am just happy you are ditching the couch!
actually this guy rode it for about 30mins before he traded his sprint car for it, he rides trails and he has other bikes. he told me that he was scared of it, and rode it about 5 or 6 of the 10 hours that are on the new engine. so i guess thats good. he said it was basically sitting in his garage for a year.
Adam43
6/3/2010 3:26pm
Klutch wrote:
mckell wrote:
hey!! thats actually what the guy was talking about, what do you know about this?
It's one of the factory-supported race teams in Canada. Their equipment is the best in the series and they're extremely successful.

2006 was the last year they ran Hondas. What you have is likely an old race or practice bike. If its been well cared for by the second owner, you've got a hell of a machine.
mckell
6/3/2010 9:44pm
Hey so I just got done looking at this bike and it die on me 3 times, wouldn't start, choppy throtle, bogged down in low toms, and back fires a lot. We drove two hours for this.
PaleBlue
6/4/2010 12:28am
Shame, I could tell you were really up for it! Anyway,it's better to find out BEFORE it's paid for. Don't give up ,there are lot's of good bikes out there.

Will you be changing your Avatar pic?
SMITH201
6/4/2010 4:15am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:18pm
RonSkj wrote:
Remember, you'll also need to get a shirt and helmet..
and he will now have to actually use goggles rather than fake Oakley sunglasses Laughing
Matt Fisher
Fantasy
1117th
6/4/2010 9:31am
mckell wrote:
Hey so I just got done looking at this bike and it die on me 3 times, wouldn't start, choppy throtle, bogged down in low toms...
Hey so I just got done looking at this bike and it die on me 3 times, wouldn't start, choppy throtle, bogged down in low toms, and back fires a lot. We drove two hours for this.
Almost hate to ask- out of gas / petcock turned off?
mckell
6/4/2010 12:28pm
mckell wrote:
Hey so I just got done looking at this bike and it die on me 3 times, wouldn't start, choppy throtle, bogged down in low toms...
Almost hate to ask- out of gas / petcock turned off?
well i had a feeling that he started it and warmed it up before he showed me it. and he thought it was the spark plug cable. or the carb(which it probably was). but its hard to trade someone for a non running dirtbike that i can't even start. ye know.
mckell
6/4/2010 12:30pm
RonSkj wrote:
Remember, you'll also need to get a shirt and helmet..
SMITH201 wrote:
and he will now have to actually use goggles rather than fake Oakley sunglasses
and he will now have to actually use goggles rather than fake Oakley sunglasses Laughing
i have magneto pro sig. spy's haha, pre fancy for a quad rider huh. hahaha

Post a reply to: trading my quad for a dirtbike

The Latest