trading my quad for a dirtbike

mckell
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 3:39pm
hey guys! so im trading my 2007 outlaw 525irs and my flatbed trailer for a 2006 crf450r. tell me what you guys think about this deal. he also said it comes with extra set of plastics, 3 different sprockets, and most of all the stock spare parts.
Photobucket
Photobucket
ENGINE:
10 hrs on a COMPLETE rebuild, oil changed every ride, or every 5 hrs, whatever came first.
BRI modified head with beryllium valve seats
PR2 modified cylinder
Coated top end parts
Coated transmission
Hinson clutch with akadized plates

SUSPENSION:
BRI fork revalve and set up
BRI shock revalve and set up
Machined fork internals
“DLC” fork tube coating
Factory Connection lock rings
Factory Connection bladder cap
Factory Connection oil lock collars

Chassis:
Welded frame tabs
Upgraded engine mounts
RG3 20mm offset triple clamps
BRI hubs
Pro Wheels
Renthal bars
ARC \ Sunline breakaway levers
Billet aluminum throttle tube
Titanium footpegs
Carbon \ titanium Yoshimura exhuast
Oversized left radiator
Oversized front brake rotor (270mm)
Hammerhead brake lever
IMS shifter
Work Connection “Pro”perch with hot start
Works Connection skid plate
Works Connection engine guards
Works Connection radiator guards \ braces
Works Connection master cylinder cover
Works Connection engine filler caps
Works Connection holeshot device
Renthal Sprockets
MeritCarbon fiber shark fin
Twin Air aluminum air filter cage
Michelin starcross front and rear tire with heavy duty tubes
Everything is safety wired
|
slowvet
5/30/2010 9:05am
Have fun, ride the dog chit outa that thang.
RonSkj
Fantasy
131st
5/30/2010 9:09am
Remember, you'll also need to get a shirt and helmet..
jamma10
5/30/2010 9:09am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:13pm
mckell
5/30/2010 9:12am
RonSkj wrote:
huh?

The Shop

mckell
5/30/2010 9:12am
so are you guys saying that this is a good trade on my part or what? haha
JB65
5/30/2010 9:17am
It's a bike thats been ridden hard,
do some research on that rebuild beforehand,
It's a used 4T which is always a ticking gift wrapped box.
teggers
5/30/2010 10:01am
RonSkj wrote:
I damn near spit out my coffee.
MotoBill51
5/30/2010 10:07am
RonSkj wrote:
teggers wrote:
X2! But still funny.Wink
mckell
5/30/2010 10:18am
RonSkj wrote:
teggers wrote:
can i ask whats so funny?
MotoBill51
5/30/2010 10:44am
RonSkj wrote:
teggers wrote:
mckell wrote:
That would be the common misperception that Quad riders spend their weekends riding around with a can of beer, cutoff jeans, shitkicker boots, no shirt and a John Deere cap while jumping wrecked cars in their backyard.

Most quad riders I know do clear the triples, have better gear than most bike guys, and generally have hotter girlfriends. I can't explain the girlfriends part.
Sparkalounger
5/30/2010 10:56am
teggers wrote:
mckell wrote:
MotoBill51 wrote:
That would be the [b]common misperception[/b] that Quad riders spend their weekends riding around with a can of beer, cutoff jeans, shitkicker boots, no shirt and...
That would be the common misperception that Quad riders spend their weekends riding around with a can of beer, cutoff jeans, shitkicker boots, no shirt and a John Deere cap while jumping wrecked cars in their backyard.

Most quad riders I know do clear the triples, have better gear than most bike guys, and generally have hotter girlfriends. I can't explain the girlfriends part.
i happened upon a quad race about a month ago and noticed the hot girlfriends thing... really left me dumbfounded.
MotoBill51
5/30/2010 11:00am
i happened upon a quad race about a month ago and noticed the hot girlfriends thing... really left me dumbfounded.
No Chit. One of the great mysteries of life I guess.
mckell
5/30/2010 12:11pm
teggers wrote:
mckell wrote:
MotoBill51 wrote:
That would be the [b]common misperception[/b] that Quad riders spend their weekends riding around with a can of beer, cutoff jeans, shitkicker boots, no shirt and...

misperception?! fuck no thats how all quad riders are!
Jabjr222
5/30/2010 12:20pm
McKell,

Here is the problem, that bike may have a lot of extras and what not, but all that fancy suspension isn't set up for you. It's not set-up for your weight, your riding style or probably not even for where you will be riding.

And why would someone do a total rebuild to turn around and sell the bike? Because it blew and they know it will again. Soon.

But hey, sure, spend your money on it and then come back and ask us where to get it fixed after it blows up on you too.

Just my 2 cents.
oldx
5/30/2010 12:26pm
Looks like a good bike to do a backflip on. Tried it yet?
mckell
6/1/2010 11:37pm
Jabjr222 wrote:
McKell, Here is the problem, that bike may have a lot of extras and what not, but all that fancy suspension isn't set up for you...
McKell,

Here is the problem, that bike may have a lot of extras and what not, but all that fancy suspension isn't set up for you. It's not set-up for your weight, your riding style or probably not even for where you will be riding.

And why would someone do a total rebuild to turn around and sell the bike? Because it blew and they know it will again. Soon.

But hey, sure, spend your money on it and then come back and ask us where to get it fixed after it blows up on you too.

Just my 2 cents.
yeah well actually this guy who has it now traded it from his friend for a really nice sprint car, and i wouldnt imagine his friend screwing him over. and actually he said the suspension is set up for a 180lbs rider (thats how much i weigh) and its set up for track, and dunes and that kinda shit. this guy has a kids and a family and a business, i just dont feel like he's trying to screw me over.
TriRacer27
Fantasy
47th
6/1/2010 11:47pm
Suspension set up for a track and dunes? Sorry but those are two completely different setups for most people.

But the important part is that if you are going to enjoy riding it more than the quad, then it was a good trade. Just have the shop take a look at it and check the valves, carb, bearings, plug, spokes, etc to be safe. Also have them set the sag for you if you don't know how.

Quick story: my little cousin broke both arms one time riding a new bike he bought from a friend. He said it had only been ridden once on the new race engine, however that one race was a mud race and it must have still had some water somewhere in there because it bogged hard on like the 2nd lap of practice and, well, the rest is history. Moral of the story: have it checked by a pro no matter how much you want to trust the guy.

Have fun though and welcome to the the world of real motorcycles.
mckell
6/1/2010 11:57pm
TriRacer27 wrote:
Suspension set up for a track and dunes? Sorry but those are two completely different setups for most people. But the important part is that if...
Suspension set up for a track and dunes? Sorry but those are two completely different setups for most people.

But the important part is that if you are going to enjoy riding it more than the quad, then it was a good trade. Just have the shop take a look at it and check the valves, carb, bearings, plug, spokes, etc to be safe. Also have them set the sag for you if you don't know how.

Quick story: my little cousin broke both arms one time riding a new bike he bought from a friend. He said it had only been ridden once on the new race engine, however that one race was a mud race and it must have still had some water somewhere in there because it bogged hard on like the 2nd lap of practice and, well, the rest is history. Moral of the story: have it checked by a pro no matter how much you want to trust the guy.

Have fun though and welcome to the the world of real motorcycles.
thanks bud!! and over here mechanics cost 75 bucks an hour and looking threw all that stuff would prbably be 2 hours, thats 150 bucks minus parts that it might need.
DanDunes818
6/2/2010 12:09am
RonSkj wrote:
Lmao ... Nothing like great advice on vital.. Allot of quad riders need to take that advice..
DanDunes818
6/2/2010 12:13am
teggers wrote:
mckell wrote:
MotoBill51 wrote:

Motobill you forgot to mention that the hot girl is usually a cousin or sister.
mckell
6/2/2010 12:14am
RonSkj wrote:
Lmao ... Nothing like great advice on vital.. Allot of quad riders need to take that advice..
yeah quad riders are bitches!!! haha like dustin wimmer! fuckin redneck honky bitch
DanDunes818
6/2/2010 12:18am
RonSkj wrote:
mckell wrote:
yeah quad riders are bitches!!! haha like dustin wimmer! fuckin redneck honky bitch
I'm just fckin around Mckell. I would have to say the quad racers are the exception more then the rule though. It's just kind of a tradition on here to pitch quad riders shit and I'm not one to fck up a good tradition..

Glad to see you're making your way over to the two wheel side though.. Welcome..
mckell
6/2/2010 12:22am
yeah im just fuckin around too haha, im sooo stoked about getting this bike!!! idc what anyone says. thanks!!
crf250pilot
6/2/2010 1:51am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 11:17pm
teggers wrote:
mckell wrote:
MotoBill51 wrote:

in other words

huck
6/2/2010 6:07am
JB65 wrote:
It's a bike thats been ridden hard,
do some research on that rebuild beforehand,
It's a used 4T which is always a ticking gift wrapped box.
WTF is a 4T?

huck
6/2/2010 6:09am
oil changed every ride, or every 5 hrs, whatever came first....

This makes absolutely NO sense... Unless the guy was in the garage, changing the oil every 5 hours of the day...

chrisbuehler
6/2/2010 7:04am
mckell wrote:
MotoBill51 wrote:

in other words

HOLY FUCK! No helmet! Are you f-ing kidding me!?
user760a
6/2/2010 7:07am
teggers wrote:
mckell wrote:
MotoBill51 wrote:

this is , sadly, not a misconception here in the south...very very few quad riders wear helmets. most have snorkels on their machines so they can literally drive them through rivers and ponds. quad riding around here is like pool or shooting darts: a drinking game of sorts
uk125250
6/2/2010 7:11am
huck wrote:
[i]oil changed every ride, or every 5 hrs, whatever came first....[/i] This makes absolutely NO sense... Unless the guy was in the garage, changing the oil...
oil changed every ride, or every 5 hrs, whatever came first....

This makes absolutely NO sense... Unless the guy was in the garage, changing the oil every 5 hours of the day...

He probably did WERA races on it.

Post a reply to: trading my quad for a dirtbike

The Latest