the whole RJ hampshire hype?

zippy895
Edited Date/Time 8/12/2014 1:53pm
why are some twisting his words into a "punk status racer" .read brian swink dogging him and some of the racerx comments from this interview.. http://racerxonline.com/2014/08/04/monday-conversation-rj-hampshire
|
8/11/2014 8:25am
On the broadcast they said that he said he expects a podium in the last two rounds and if he pulls a holeshot then he can win.. They made him out to be a little cocky in my opinion, that's seems a little far fetched for a rookie unless you're Eli tomac.
Dirty Mike
8/11/2014 8:28am
On the broadcast they said that he said he expects a podium in the last two rounds and if he pulls a holeshot then he can...
On the broadcast they said that he said he expects a podium in the last two rounds and if he pulls a holeshot then he can win.. They made him out to be a little cocky in my opinion, that's seems a little far fetched for a rookie unless you're Eli tomac.
No one knows that he can't be an Eli Tomac. I say good for him, he's a racer, if he doesn't think he can win that's a problem.
hvaughn88
8/11/2014 8:32am
I think it's awesome that he feels that way! He's gonna be one of the guys I'm pulling for next year, simply because of his background and attitude. I'm a huge baseball guy (really all sports) so I love that he's well rounded in other disciplines. Can't say that about too many guys now.

The Shop

zippy895
8/11/2014 9:03am
well,fwiw,the broadcasters once told viewers that ac46 was racing some outdoors this year and people took it as truth.but was far from the truth.why they say this shit all of a sudden..for added hype? leads me to wonder if rj said anything of the sort about a guaranteed podium result..
ML512
Fantasy
54th
8/11/2014 9:09am
zippy895 wrote:
well,fwiw,the broadcasters once told viewers that ac46 was racing some outdoors this year and people took it as truth.but was far from the truth.why they say...
well,fwiw,the broadcasters once told viewers that ac46 was racing some outdoors this year and people took it as truth.but was far from the truth.why they say this shit all of a sudden..for added hype? leads me to wonder if rj said anything of the sort about a guaranteed podium result..
There's a piece of that Racer X article missing where he did state that he felt he could run up in a podium spot or even win a moto with the right start.
trailhopper
8/11/2014 9:12am
at the 1:15 mark it seems as though Steve makes a comment referring to what was said earlier.
jndmx
8/11/2014 9:19am
Show me a racer that doesn't feel like they can podium or even win if they grab a holeshot and I will show you someone that isn't on the line in a pro national.

They asked RJ what he expected out of himself and he expects that he should be doing well....that's a good thing.
zippy895
8/11/2014 9:21am
at the 1:15 mark it seems as though Steve makes a comment referring to what was said earlier.
^that's probably what triggered swinks remark and others.just don't know if it came out as a tony alessi believe the hype style or other.
mxb2
8/11/2014 10:12am
jndmx wrote:
Show me a racer that doesn't feel like they can podium or even win if they grab a holeshot and I will show you someone that...
Show me a racer that doesn't feel like they can podium or even win if they grab a holeshot and I will show you someone that isn't on the line in a pro national.

They asked RJ what he expected out of himself and he expects that he should be doing well....that's a good thing.
Great in theory, but not reality. ex.- if wey pulls a holeshot, he will never win a moto or get on rhe box, probably 7-10 dudes can win a moto or get on the box., not hating , just talking reality.
GuyB
Fantasy
1215th
8/11/2014 10:14am
I have no problem with him setting the bar high.
brocster
8/11/2014 10:30am
sad that he would get the same comments from the same people had he said just the opposite...
jndmx
8/11/2014 10:33am
jndmx wrote:
Show me a racer that doesn't feel like they can podium or even win if they grab a holeshot and I will show you someone that...

mxb2 wrote:
Great in theory, but not reality. ex.- if wey pulls a holeshot, he will never win a moto or get on rhe box, probably 7-10 dudes...
Great in theory, but not reality. ex.- if wey pulls a holeshot, he will never win a moto or get on rhe box, probably 7-10 dudes can win a moto or get on the box., not hating , just talking reality.
No worries....just different opinions.

I understand what you're saying about the reality of situation but you're also talking about riders on very different ends of the career spectrum with that analogy. No disrespect to Wey but I think RJ is on the upswing of possibility while the window is closing on the 27.

Clearly you have to have the skills to make it happen but I think you have to believe in yourself and try to make that be the outcome.

Visualization....first you think it, then you see it in your head, then you do it.

We got some good new kids that round, Alldredge did well and so did Renzland
mxb2
8/11/2014 10:59am
jndmx wrote:

mxb2 wrote:
Great in theory, but not reality. ex.- if wey pulls a holeshot, he will never win a moto or get on rhe box, probably 7-10 dudes...
jndmx wrote:
No worries....just different opinions. I understand what you're saying about the reality of situation but you're also talking about riders on very different ends of the...
No worries....just different opinions.

I understand what you're saying about the reality of situation but you're also talking about riders on very different ends of the career spectrum with that analogy. No disrespect to Wey but I think RJ is on the upswing of possibility while the window is closing on the 27.

Clearly you have to have the skills to make it happen but I think you have to believe in yourself and try to make that be the outcome.

Visualization....first you think it, then you see it in your head, then you do it.

We got some good new kids that round, Alldredge did well and so did Renzland
true, wasnt picking on wey, but some riders in general.. the sport will be fine, it has some good talent now and coming up.
8/11/2014 11:33am
what was that about Brian Swink dogging him?
Maybe bad blood between Brian and RJ's dad Ricky?.. Back in the 90's Rj's dad was part of a fast Florida group of riders, that always seemed to slam the shit out of each other during moto's, and drawing a crowd back in the pits as tempers flaired after the race was over..Back then, the factory riders would just randomly show up at DCMX, and then proceed to get their asses handed to them by the fast locals (Hampshire, K. Yoho, Pocorroba, etc)
machine
8/11/2014 12:43pm
What I can't stand is the dudes who are a waste track space out there and that are beat before the gate even drops. I will take a cocky rider who at least thinks he can win over the other any day.
seth505
Fantasy
1271st
8/11/2014 12:44pm
kaboom645 wrote:
Maybe bad blood between Brian and RJ's dad Ricky?.. Back in the 90's Rj's dad was part of a fast Florida group of riders, that always...
Maybe bad blood between Brian and RJ's dad Ricky?.. Back in the 90's Rj's dad was part of a fast Florida group of riders, that always seemed to slam the shit out of each other during moto's, and drawing a crowd back in the pits as tempers flaired after the race was over..Back then, the factory riders would just randomly show up at DCMX, and then proceed to get their asses handed to them by the fast locals (Hampshire, K. Yoho, Pocorroba, etc)
Sounds rad!
mx836
8/11/2014 2:43pm
machine wrote:
What I can't stand is the dudes who are a waste track space out there and that are beat before the gate even drops. I will...
What I can't stand is the dudes who are a waste track space out there and that are beat before the gate even drops. I will take a cocky rider who at least thinks he can win over the other any day.
They are doing the best that they can (way better than you) and if there was someone more qualified than them, they'd be out there. It takes 40 guys to fill the gate. What do you suggest to fix it?
machine
8/11/2014 3:29pm
machine wrote:
What I can't stand is the dudes who are a waste track space out there and that are beat before the gate even drops. I will...
mx836 wrote:
They are doing the best that they can (way better than you) and if there was someone more qualified than them, they'd be out there. It...
They are doing the best that they can (way better than you) and if there was someone more qualified than them, they'd be out there. It takes 40 guys to fill the gate. What do you suggest to fix it?
You completely missed the point. The point is, wouldn't you rather see someone out there giving it his all that is a little cocky and believes he can win then someone who makes the show and then just rides around not even trying? ...really? and of course they are faster than me, especially since I quit riding a year ago..lol....lame comparison.

Gringoe
8/11/2014 7:48pm
machine wrote:
mx836 wrote:
They are doing the best that they can (way better than you) and if there was someone more qualified than them, they'd be out there. It...
machine wrote:
You completely missed the point. The point is, wouldn't you rather see someone out there giving it his all that is a little cocky and believes...
You completely missed the point. The point is, wouldn't you rather see someone out there giving it his all that is a little cocky and believes he can win then someone who makes the show and then just rides around not even trying? ...really? and of course they are faster than me, especially since I quit riding a year ago..lol....lame comparison.

I agree with what you're saying

But the comments he made before he even raced a pro Moto saying top 3 or 5 good day top ten no matter what (what I remember) and then he doesn't top ten either Moto. Yes I know he fell both Motos but point is why hype yourself like that...I'm not being a hater but some of the shit he was saying after going 6-0 was alessi rookie like, yes be cocky in your head but not in an interview before you even have raced a single pro Moto why put even more pressure and expectations than are already there and I know there is a shit ton. He also said he will be on the box before the end of the year. Let's see it
kiwifan
8/11/2014 10:42pm
I think he is entitled to say what he likes, whats with everyone saying he cant have aspirations to win or top ten?

enketchum
8/11/2014 11:27pm
Maybe he will win a national some day...

bd
8/11/2014 11:59pm
Add Swink on FB.... he dogged the hell out of RV2
bd
8/12/2014 12:01am
What rider can vitalmx thrash today?

Friese, RJ, Mike Alessi, Hanny??????!?!?!?!?!?

kiwifan
8/12/2014 3:12am
bd wrote:
What rider can vitalmx thrash today? Friese, RJ, Mike Alessi, Hanny??????!?!?!?!?!? [img]http://www.centsablechicks.com/soapoperastory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Days-of-our-Lives-crop.png[/img]

so true dude!
Crush
8/12/2014 3:31am
This sport is pretty fucked sometimes.

People complain left and right about robots and boring interviews.

The minute says something they think, is off the podium sponsor speech or heaven forbid some self belief and they're a target.

Who cares if he thinks he can win. That's how they SHOULD think. Chances are he will win a lot soon. Good on him.
zippy895
8/12/2014 5:39am
bd wrote:
What rider can vitalmx thrash today? Friese, RJ, Mike Alessi, Hanny??????!?!?!?!?!? [img]http://www.centsablechicks.com/soapoperastory.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Days-of-our-Lives-crop.png[/img]

kiwifan wrote:
so true dude!
I didn't start the thread to dog anyone.
only wanted to know why more than one group of individuals stated allegations said, but I cannot find evidence of.

Post a reply to: the whole RJ hampshire hype?

The Latest