stewart 2012

Hank_Thrill
7/5/2011 11:31pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2011 11:35pm
Ddavis wrote:
It's the Yamaha/his suspension. That Yamaha is all over the place.
His ego is all over the place! He's gone his entire life with huge leads having very little experience riding with pressure. He feels comfortable with six second leads and when someone on his rear he folds like a lawn chair, or tries to go faster than he himself - the quickest man on the planet - is capable of going. He sure did a great job of pissing away some much needed experience racing with a group of guys who are just as quick, if not faster than himself at times by skipping the outdoor nationals.

Unless he learned some sort of valuable lesson this year about his "full speed ahead and damned the consequences" riding style, he's just going to repeat himself, guaranteed. I love psychology and sports psychology, and James Stewart is by far the most fascinating athlete I have followed because the only thing that has kept him from winning more championships is the thing between his ears.
kongols
7/5/2011 11:49pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2011 11:50pm
His ego is all over the place! He's gone his entire life with huge leads having very little experience riding with pressure. He feels comfortable with...
His ego is all over the place! He's gone his entire life with huge leads having very little experience riding with pressure. He feels comfortable with six second leads and when someone on his rear he folds like a lawn chair, or tries to go faster than he himself - the quickest man on the planet - is capable of going. He sure did a great job of pissing away some much needed experience racing with a group of guys who are just as quick, if not faster than himself at times by skipping the outdoor nationals.

Unless he learned some sort of valuable lesson this year about his "full speed ahead and damned the consequences" riding style, he's just going to repeat himself, guaranteed. I love psychology and sports psychology, and James Stewart is by far the most fascinating athlete I have followed because the only thing that has kept him from winning more championships is the thing between his ears.
So 2009 was a fluke. Reed gave him all the pressure he had. He was down some points, but we all know the history.
RandyS
7/6/2011 6:40am
kongols wrote:
So 2009 was a fluke. Reed gave him all the pressure he had. He was down some points, but we all know the history.
Yes Reed. Not Reed, RV, RD, KW, and TC. Can't fall or get a bad start and get second anymore. Winning half and yardsaleing the other half will not win titles in this field.
jeffro503
7/6/2011 6:44am
Until this year , I never really saw Reed run Stewarts pace. Reed picked it up a notch or two this season. As far as James goes , I really dig the kid at times and other times I just can't stand him. In his interviews ( sometimes ) he seems like just a cool kid , well mannered and humble......that's when I dig him. When I can't stand him , is watching what he does to himself and to other riders on the track during races. It's like he just quits thinking. I honestly don't get it. I'm kind of thinking the same way Hank is above me........I sit there in awe one minute , and then the next , i'm scratching my head saying "What the hell?

Stewart is fun to watch , mainly because you just don't know what is going to happen. And then on the flip side of what I said above about him ( not knowing what is going to happen next ) is also one of the reasons I like the kid. I think everyone will agree with this.....is James just fucking goes for it. I admire his heart when he is racing. I just can't stand his riding ethics on how he treats other riders on the track , and then the bragging and "I'm holier than thou" type attitude.

This next season is going to be even harder than last year. The other guys will be just a hair faster than they were , and he will be off for 1/2 the season again. The other riders have smelled blood in the water , and know what it takes to beat him....consistency. .

The Shop

7/6/2011 7:44am
jeffro503 wrote:
Sooooo.....some people still want to blame the bike. Did ya ever think it may be because Stewart doesn't know SHIT about bike setup? He doesn't.........that is...
Sooooo.....some people still want to blame the bike. Did ya ever think it may be because Stewart doesn't know SHIT about bike setup? He doesn't.........that is why he just hired Ferry to figure it out for him. Nothing wrong with that at all......since a lot of riders don't know how to setup a bike.

Problem is.......what happened on those nights when he won? Or how about the nights when he was winning.....but his brain quit working?

Whoops..Stewart fucked up again.......yep.....IT HAS TO BE the bike!

Face it......Stewart has never ever been good with any kind of pressure. He fucks up 9 out of 10 times when someone decides to run his pace. This past season , we saw a few guys running his pace and even beating him in lap times.....On quite a few occasions actually! So stick that "fastest man on the planet" bullshit up your ass.

So , some of you clowns that like to blame the fucking bike when that bike is winning GP's and leading nationals........are fucking clueless! It is the bike to some extent..........but it's the SETUP of the bike! You can take the best bike on the planet and make it feel like shit if you don't know what you are doing.

BTW.....Stewart won't win a title next year , or the year after , or the year after that. In fact........I'll go out on a limb here and say right now.....he won't make it past RD #6 before he wads his brains out and ends his season.

Remember....it's a 50/50 split with him even finishing a season. fastest "In control" riders out there today are RV , RD and Reed.......fastest "Human lawn dart" = Stewart.
With all due respect, what has been Villopoto's ratio of completed seasons on the 450 vs seasons that ended in injury?

Looking like that will hopefully change this year, but what is he, 0 for 3?

I'll take Stewart's 50%.
txmxer
7/6/2011 8:51am
Stewart is a great rider, but he has one pattern: win or crash.

He crashed out of his first SX title and crashing has cost him several other titles throughout his career. No hate, just the facts. He's not afraid to twist the throttle and take big risks.

There are two bad parts to his style: he has a tendency to take out other riders and he gets injured and is races banged up which probably leads to more bad decisions (on the track) and more crashes.

The only title he won that he didn't struggle with hitting the dirt was his perfect season outdoors.

Will he walk all over the guys in SX next year (12+ wins)? I doubt it. He may have raw speed, but, there are 4 guys that are close enough to fight for the championship. Trying to dominate that group will lead to disaster.
rallendude
7/6/2011 8:53am
Stewart's biggest asset is also his biggest liability. He does not know where the edge is.

Windham knows where the edge is and sadly has always ridden just below that. Just think how many championships he could have won with just a few ragged edge rides that ended in wins.

RC knew where the edge was and knew he could ride for days, just on the other side of it. Reed knows where that edge is and has worked it to his advantage. Sadly for him, his edge is just behind where RC's was.

Canard has found that edge and pushed it. He has raw speed and hopefully can get a grip on that edge and complete many more seasons uninjured.

As for Stewart though, he has no clue where that edge is and doesn't realize when he has gone three doors and a stairwell past it. You can see it when he's on the track. He goes into that panic mode when pushed or when he's behind. First lap or last, if he's not in the lead he's in banzai mode. He's never found that point where he's out of control....... Let me restate that, he's never RECOGNIZED that point where he's out of control and ventures into ER land to easily.
7/6/2011 9:59am
cmess77 wrote:
I once was under the impression that James had a speed advantage over everyone else, for one lap, no matter how hard they tried. Kevin Windham...
I once was under the impression that James had a speed advantage over everyone else, for one lap, no matter how hard they tried. Kevin Windham then showed us all, that that is not the case whatsoever.
Windham's first few laps at Vegas were telling, weren't they?
jeffro503
7/6/2011 7:19pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Sooooo.....some people still want to blame the bike. Did ya ever think it may be because Stewart doesn't know SHIT about bike setup? He doesn't.........that is...
Sooooo.....some people still want to blame the bike. Did ya ever think it may be because Stewart doesn't know SHIT about bike setup? He doesn't.........that is why he just hired Ferry to figure it out for him. Nothing wrong with that at all......since a lot of riders don't know how to setup a bike.

Problem is.......what happened on those nights when he won? Or how about the nights when he was winning.....but his brain quit working?

Whoops..Stewart fucked up again.......yep.....IT HAS TO BE the bike!

Face it......Stewart has never ever been good with any kind of pressure. He fucks up 9 out of 10 times when someone decides to run his pace. This past season , we saw a few guys running his pace and even beating him in lap times.....On quite a few occasions actually! So stick that "fastest man on the planet" bullshit up your ass.

So , some of you clowns that like to blame the fucking bike when that bike is winning GP's and leading nationals........are fucking clueless! It is the bike to some extent..........but it's the SETUP of the bike! You can take the best bike on the planet and make it feel like shit if you don't know what you are doing.

BTW.....Stewart won't win a title next year , or the year after , or the year after that. In fact........I'll go out on a limb here and say right now.....he won't make it past RD #6 before he wads his brains out and ends his season.

Remember....it's a 50/50 split with him even finishing a season. fastest "In control" riders out there today are RV , RD and Reed.......fastest "Human lawn dart" = Stewart.
With all due respect, what has been Villopoto's ratio of completed seasons on the 450 vs seasons that ended in injury? Looking like that will hopefully...
With all due respect, what has been Villopoto's ratio of completed seasons on the 450 vs seasons that ended in injury?

Looking like that will hopefully change this year, but what is he, 0 for 3?

I'll take Stewart's 50%.
I get what you are saying. I never brought up RV in the conversation though. BUT , now that you did , I'll explain it a little. 2 years ago , after the first round , that bum knee he had since his AM days finally jumped out and bit him.....he didn't toss it away , wreck or ride like a complete madman......he just got an injury while riding. When he did make a mistake in SX and got that severe broken leg.....yeah , that was pretty bad , and it ended up costing him a run for an SX title and he never even got to compete in the nationals last year because of it.

You can go back to just this past SX season for a perfect example of what I'm trying to say. Look at what TC , RV , RD and CR were doing......then look what Stewart was doing. I love watching him ride......but he beat the living shit out of himself. He FINISHED the season in 4th in points. He would have been 5th I think if Canard had stayed healthy.

So ya kind of see what I'm saying? he made it all season long and raced every round.....but still came in 4th in the points. This next year......all 4 of them guys are going to be even faster. Which means Stewart will be pushed even harder.......and what happens when Stewart gets pushed?

He is capable of winning any single race out there for sure! Nobody can disagree that he has the most pure speed out there at most times.......but for championships? He's an underdog when it comes to them. You will see that within a couple more years , al four of them other guys will have more titles to their names than Stewart does......or at least a couple of them anyways.
7/6/2011 8:00pm
BobbyM wrote:
i fucking told you...the magic is gone.

at one time i had huuge hopes for stewart....not anymore
Who the frack cares what you think? Your opinion is worthless.
7/6/2011 8:06pm
txmxer wrote:
Stewart is a great rider, but he has one pattern: win or crash. He crashed out of his first SX title and crashing has cost him...

He crashed out of his first SX title and crashing has cost him several other titles throughout his career. No hate, just the facts. He's not afraid to twist the throttle and take big risks.

There are two bad parts to his style: he has a tendency to take out other riders and he gets injured and is races banged up which probably leads to more bad decisions (on the track) and more crashes.

The only title he won that he didn't struggle with hitting the dirt was his perfect season outdoors.

Will he walk all over the guys in SX next year (12+ wins)? I doubt it. He may have raw speed, but, there are 4 guys that are close enough to fight for the championship. Trying to dominate that group will lead to disaster.
You seem as if you think you are saying something profound. It's not profound at all, anyone can see this. The difference between Stewart and 99% of other riders is their pattern is finish or crash. If he didn't crash sometimes his pattern would be win or win. Alessi's pattern is crash and get hurt or just crash. Even with the crashes, Stewart has already won more championships than 99.9 % of the guys that ever become pro.
txmxer
7/6/2011 8:37pm
txmxer wrote:
Stewart is a great rider, but he has one pattern: win or crash. He crashed out of his first SX title and crashing has cost him...

You seem as if you think you are saying something profound. It's not profound at all, anyone can see this. The difference between Stewart and 99%...
You seem as if you think you are saying something profound. It's not profound at all, anyone can see this. The difference between Stewart and 99% of other riders is their pattern is finish or crash. If he didn't crash sometimes his pattern would be win or win. Alessi's pattern is crash and get hurt or just crash. Even with the crashes, Stewart has already won more championships than 99.9 % of the guys that ever become pro.
Or, if he didn't exceed his limits regularly he might not crash and not win.

But, what makes you think what I said was profound?
karnivool
7/6/2011 8:41pm
sherro24 wrote:
i dont know what it is but i just keep getting this feeling that james stewart is going to come out and kill it in 2012...
i dont know what it is but i just keep getting this feeling that james stewart is going to come out and kill it in 2012. After this sx season i sort of forgot just how talented that guy is on a dirt bike. Everybody in every sport at that higher level is so exposed by the media these days that it makes it easy for people to talk shit about a guy, but seriously when james is on it hes on another level, and i just keep thinking that hes gona take it to that next level. Only time will tell i guess. Dont hate. Peace.
BobbyM wrote:

the magic turned blue...green magic worked better...sounds like yellow is a wizards favorite color...crystal ball...
karnivool
7/6/2011 8:46pm
txmxer wrote:

You seem as if you think you are saying something profound. It's not profound at all, anyone can see this. The difference between Stewart and 99%...
hmmm...let me weigh in and see what ya'll think...

the idea that 7 crashes too much is well stated and well proven. But consider this...

1. he does amazing things on a bike that others don't' have the balls to try (hence the fast 'laps')
2. he crashes all the time...roughly
3. not ONCE did he crash thissx year doing one of those other worldly things that make him faster per lap

so i beg the question about him 'taking too many risks' when he races...he washes the front end, slowed up and got rammed from behind in traffic, front wheel missed a seat bounce at daytona...got the 'huck-a-buck' in the whoops, pretty normal stuff if you think about it...

not saying anything profound, but the idea that he is just plain out of control seems to be an exaggeration perhaps?

p.s. I am speaking in terms of this last sx year only...otherwise history might mute my point Smile
Cygnus
7/6/2011 8:49pm
He'll be fine now that he is done with the Yamaha.
mt798
7/6/2011 9:12pm
BobbyM wrote:

"Frack" is a Colonial expletive, roughly analagous to "shit" or even the milder "rats" or "darn" of the Original Series. Its subversive value, exploited far more extensively in the Re-imagined Series, is that it sounds like a variant of "fuck", and in the latter series it actually conveys that meaning.

Dude, gonna have to do better than that pertaining to BobbyM. Just sayin............................................................................................
7/6/2011 9:28pm Edited Date/Time 7/6/2011 9:28pm
BobbyM wrote:

Dude, that is mother fuckin BobbyM you are talking about.
TDeath21
7/6/2011 9:41pm
First off I would like to question why this thread is even brought up. We should be talking about events happening on or off the track, silly season rumors, etc. Definitely not about a guy that isn't even racing. This should be a thread started after MX and before SX.

Anyways... In past years a bad start or a small crash would result in him getting a 3rd, usually losing to Reed and Carmichael. Now it means a 5th, losing to Canard, Villopoto, Dungey, and Reed. There is no guarantee he will straight up beat those four even without crashing.

And speaking of crashing, he crashes BECAUSE those four are equal to him as far as IN CONTROL speed goes. He compensates for this by pushing over the edge to be the fastest guy and keep that "fastest man on the planet" title. This in turn endangers every rider on the track, himself more than anyone else.

As far as 2012 goes, he'll win races. He'll be a contender. At times, he'll do amazing things. Until he figures out that a 2nd or 3rd or even 5th when 1 or more guys are BETTER than you that night is okay in the long term, he won't win the championship against this field. My guess is that if he hasn't figured that out by now then he never will. Stewart's 2012 season will be the equivalent of Carmichael's 2007 season as far as racing years go. That puts it in perspective big time.

Also remember that ever since he moved up to the big bike class, he has NEVER completed a full season. Since he has gone to SX only, he has completed every other SX series. Assuming this trend continues, he won't complete this upcoming season.

The only way to predict the future is from the past, and doing that says that Stewart will not win the 2012 SX championship. This doesn't mean he won't win it, but unless he changes his style (which if he hasn't by now he never will) he won't win.
7/6/2011 9:44pm
TDeath21 wrote:
First off I would like to question why this thread is even brought up. We should be talking about events happening on or off the track...
First off I would like to question why this thread is even brought up. We should be talking about events happening on or off the track, silly season rumors, etc. Definitely not about a guy that isn't even racing. This should be a thread started after MX and before SX.

Anyways... In past years a bad start or a small crash would result in him getting a 3rd, usually losing to Reed and Carmichael. Now it means a 5th, losing to Canard, Villopoto, Dungey, and Reed. There is no guarantee he will straight up beat those four even without crashing.

And speaking of crashing, he crashes BECAUSE those four are equal to him as far as IN CONTROL speed goes. He compensates for this by pushing over the edge to be the fastest guy and keep that "fastest man on the planet" title. This in turn endangers every rider on the track, himself more than anyone else.

As far as 2012 goes, he'll win races. He'll be a contender. At times, he'll do amazing things. Until he figures out that a 2nd or 3rd or even 5th when 1 or more guys are BETTER than you that night is okay in the long term, he won't win the championship against this field. My guess is that if he hasn't figured that out by now then he never will. Stewart's 2012 season will be the equivalent of Carmichael's 2007 season as far as racing years go. That puts it in perspective big time.

Also remember that ever since he moved up to the big bike class, he has NEVER completed a full season. Since he has gone to SX only, he has completed every other SX series. Assuming this trend continues, he won't complete this upcoming season.

The only way to predict the future is from the past, and doing that says that Stewart will not win the 2012 SX championship. This doesn't mean he won't win it, but unless he changes his style (which if he hasn't by now he never will) he won't win.
Love your first paragraph and then 5 paragraphs later you are done. Woohoo
TDeath21
7/6/2011 9:46pm
TDeath21 wrote:
First off I would like to question why this thread is even brought up. We should be talking about events happening on or off the track...

Love your first paragraph and then 5 paragraphs later you are done. Woohoo
Touche. Lol.
7/6/2011 9:53pm
Some good points on this thread. I think everybody can see what his strengths and weaknesses are. The question is why doesn't he see it? Is it a case of him being surrounded by sycophants who don't have the balls to be straight with him? Does he need somebody to coach him into being smarter on the track and learning to look at the big picture, as opposed to wanting to not only win every single race, but lap everybody else to prove his dominance. Does he just have a inflated ego that won't allow him to back off EVER even if it means he can't seem to finish a race anymore without being carted away in the mule? I used to be a fan of his but his attitude and his unwillingness to be straight with whatever fans he has left (what was the real deal with Larry Brooks) turned me off. It's a shame really because if he were just a little smarter on the track he might have double or more the amount of championships he has now.
VET176
7/7/2011 12:31am
BobbyM wrote:

Geez, can you say Fuck on this board?

Dont know if you can use Stewarts 24-0 season as an example. Who was his closest rival then?....Cody Cooper?
karnivool
7/7/2011 6:32am
VET176 wrote:
Geez, can you say Fuck on this board? Dont know if you can use Stewarts 24-0 season as an example. Who was his closest rival then?....Cody...
Geez, can you say Fuck on this board?

Dont know if you can use Stewarts 24-0 season as an example. Who was his closest rival then?....Cody Cooper?
that's bullshit and you know it...

24-0 is unbelievable...

all RC had to beat was a bunch of guys that never ran his pace either...and he certainly didn't have Tim Ferry breathing down his neck on the final moto...

24-0 is beast...find something else to use because bringing that up just reminds everyone how awesome he is/was
BobbyM
7/7/2011 6:37am
sherro24 wrote:
i dont know what it is but i just keep getting this feeling that james stewart is going to come out and kill it in 2012...
i dont know what it is but i just keep getting this feeling that james stewart is going to come out and kill it in 2012. After this sx season i sort of forgot just how talented that guy is on a dirt bike. Everybody in every sport at that higher level is so exposed by the media these days that it makes it easy for people to talk shit about a guy, but seriously when james is on it hes on another level, and i just keep thinking that hes gona take it to that next level. Only time will tell i guess. Dont hate. Peace.
define "kill it".....
BobbyM
7/7/2011 6:39am
BobbyM wrote:

not a bad place to be, worthless...i mean hell it might even be less than worthless...but it isn't according to you? hehehehe
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
7/7/2011 7:05am
I am going to repeat what has been said and what I ahve said for a long time: James' problem is mental. Not physical, not mechanical. Mental. When he gets into a pressure situation, whether behind or someone on his wheel he loses focus on riding his race and seems to get tunnel vision and that leads to the often observed crash (whether it is a crash that only hurts him or someone else-doesn't matter). This season in SX, the reason I believe he did so poorly compared to his previous results was because there was a multitude of pressure in the form of a really talented and stacked field. It was probably the first time James went out and couldn't mentally say I can beat anyone out here hands down. And once the snowball got kicked off the hill it grew and grew and maybe he realized it, and maybe he hasn't yet, but he will have to do a lot of work in the mental department to overcome it, IMHO. Do all bikes suit all riders? No. Look at Reed and Kawi, he just never looked comfortable or confident on it. So if James is not comfortable or confident on the Yamaha, it may not be a "bad" bike or an excuse, but it may be a contributing factor for James' main issue (or at least what my uneducated interpertation of his problem is).

Post a reply to: stewart 2012

The Latest