speedway gp best heat maybe ever

hillbilly
5/15/2017 4:56am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2017 6:17pm
http://www.speedwaygp.com/live_stream

go to heat 12 at one hour eightminute mark

just awsome ,woffy pulling a tearoff at wfo.

best track in a while
|
jemcee
5/15/2017 5:04am
Yep that was fucken sick watched it about 5 times haha
The first round was a bit shit, the track was shit but this round ruled
jemcee
5/15/2017 5:06am
Quick cut to the heat
Motofinne
5/15/2017 5:30am
Really good race compared to the first round that was a total shitshow. All speedway tracks should be around 300 meters long, not close to 400.
Stuntman949
5/15/2017 9:11am
I thought I was cool once, then I rode a Speedway bike.

Great GP this weekend

The Shop

5/15/2017 12:13pm
Awesome race. Would love to try speedway sometime (in the old man's beginner class.)
hillbilly
5/15/2017 2:13pm
dudek is the real deal it seems

nikki has issues on so many levels,lol

greg has a hole to dig out of.

the bikes interest me,wish they would do a piece on what engine,what they do to make it turn in.

the guy that almost highsided,if you watch that and see how he used power to get the bike around, he was backwards at one point.

there was another heat were a rider made a hell of a save and scored points.

just dig this stuff
5/15/2017 2:59pm
hillbilly wrote:
dudek is the real deal it seems nikki has issues on so many levels,lol greg has a hole to dig out of. the bikes interest me,wish...

the bikes interest me,wish they would do a piece on what engine,what they do to make it turn in.

the guy that almost highsided,if you watch that and see how he used power to get the bike around, he was backwards at one point.

just dig this stuff
Can't stand Nikki Pederson. Guy is such a dirty rider. Doesn't think twice about putting someone into the fence but can't take it when the favour is returned.
abn166
5/15/2017 4:58pm
hillbilly wrote:
dudek is the real deal it seems nikki has issues on so many levels,lol greg has a hole to dig out of. the bikes interest me,wish...

just dig this stuff

I think just about everyone riding the speedway GP series is running a GM motor. The only other motor to run would be a Jawa.

http://www.gmengines.net/gm_500_product_info.htm

http://shop.jawa.cz/index.php?id_category=7&controller=category&id_lang…

hillbilly
5/16/2017 7:25pm
they mentionedsomeone on a swede made engine like he was the om
nly one.

i want to know how it set up. the way it bumps off with ease and revs sounds like a lot of flywheel.

is there rules for engine placement cuz i would make mine where it could be adjusted fore and aft.

and the way they fuss with clutch adjustment it looks like they may be making it slip for leaving then once heat builds it comes off the cable and locks.

the next track was good the last time i saw it,hope it is as good as this one
abn166
5/16/2017 9:11pm
All speedway motors are 500cc. The motors do have a very heavy flywheel. That way with the tall gearing they run you can drop the clutch and still have plenty of power to take off. Obviously, there are no gears to shift. The clutches are a dry clutch and the last thing you want is any slipping. They grab real hard when you drop the clutch on the start. All of the messing with the clutch before the start is picky nervous riders. I set mine in the pits and then didn't need to mess with it before the start. For some, it's just a nervous habit to mess with it so much.
RhinoRider
5/16/2017 9:58pm
The whole crowd was standing. That was bad ass.
RhinoRider
5/16/2017 10:02pm
abn166 wrote:
All speedway motors are 500cc. The motors do have a very heavy flywheel. That way with the tall gearing they run you can drop the clutch...
All speedway motors are 500cc. The motors do have a very heavy flywheel. That way with the tall gearing they run you can drop the clutch and still have plenty of power to take off. Obviously, there are no gears to shift. The clutches are a dry clutch and the last thing you want is any slipping. They grab real hard when you drop the clutch on the start. All of the messing with the clutch before the start is picky nervous riders. I set mine in the pits and then didn't need to mess with it before the start. For some, it's just a nervous habit to mess with it so much.
Last speedway race I saw live smelled like a 2 stroke race. Im pretty sure they all run pure castor oil in the engine and methanol since they are running a dry clutch.

It smelled yummy.
drt410
5/16/2017 10:57pm
Lol they still use rubber bands in this type of motorcycle racing. AWESOME.
Motofinne
5/17/2017 1:05am
My speedway bike that i raced on a few years ago(i have 2). It's for sale if anyone wants to try speedway Wink

block75
5/17/2017 3:32am Edited Date/Time 5/17/2017 3:43am
Can't remember what heat it was but darcey ward, hancock, sajfudinow had an absolute cracker in New Zealand 2013 and darcey had to ride it wide open around the outside on the last lap just about clipping the wall for the win. The lead changed about 3 times just like this one but was only the 2 lead guys on the last lap
PressPassP
5/17/2017 4:36am
hillbilly wrote:

just dig this stuff
abn166 wrote:
I think just about everyone riding the speedway GP series is running a GM motor. The only other motor to run would be a Jawa. http://www.gmengines.net/gm_500_product_info.htm...

I think just about everyone riding the speedway GP series is running a GM motor. The only other motor to run would be a Jawa.

http://www.gmengines.net/gm_500_product_info.htm

http://shop.jawa.cz/index.php?id_category=7&controller=category&id_lang…

Freddie is on the new GTR engine made by Marcel Gerhard,tuner and ex longtrack champion, The OH S Harris ran one last year alongside GM's but it was still in a but of a development stage.Freddie has another winter of testing on it now and certainly got a great set-up

jtetchila1
5/17/2017 6:46pm
Awesome race. Would love to try speedway sometime (in the old man's beginner class.)
Come up to Mid America Speedway in Indianapolis and you can ride one of my speedway bikes.
gerg
5/17/2017 8:15pm
That was nuts thanks for posting.
hillbilly
5/18/2017 4:31am
thanks fer the info guys.

the first time i saw speedway was daytona 74 and they ran total loss oil system and nitro in the alky is my memory on it. one bike blew the crankcase apart because of nitro getting in the bottom or something,huge explosion.

back to this era,

the guys that dig a hole on the start, to me that upsets the bike as it climbs outs then unhooks as the ground breks over to level.

i would just want a shallow straight rut.

and nikki, that guy cracks me up, the only rider with a mirror in his pit stall
hillbilly
5/25/2017 11:02am
next race saturday, few hours before GH,

free stream in HD ,i will update start time.

seems nikki had a bad one in danish race,out
5/26/2017 1:09pm
jtetchila1 wrote:
Come up to Mid America Speedway in Indianapolis and you can ride one of my speedway bikes.
I would love to. I lived in Indy in 1984/85. I was away from my home base of car/boat/bike racing facilities, but the racing scene there was great. Always went to the Speedrome on Thursday nights. We were racing dragboats and cars at the time, so was never around for any weekends. I may take you up on that offer if I can get away later in the summer. I would be old and slow, but would sure like to run a few laps.
hillbilly
5/26/2017 2:56pm
jtetchila1 wrote:
what size track?
PressPassP
5/27/2017 6:32am
hillbilly wrote:
thanks fer the info guys. the first time i saw speedway was daytona 74 and they ran total loss oil system and nitro in the alky...

the first time i saw speedway was daytona 74 and they ran total loss oil system and nitro in the alky is my memory on it. one bike blew the crankcase apart because of nitro getting in the bottom or something,huge explosion.

back to this era,

the guys that dig a hole on the start, to me that upsets the bike as it climbs outs then unhooks as the ground breks over to level.

Running 7-9 psi in the rear tyre means it grips the sides in a but and launches out in a straighter rather than spinning out to the side.The tyres are
held from rolling off the rim with grub screws around the edge.
They obviously wear more on one side so usually it's one race then the wheel is flipped around to use the new edge on the other side,often changing the rear sprocket to alter the gearing, this kinda carries on through the meeting,thats pretty much my own experience,you play it by ear as the dirt goes of the track
That's Except in the GPs they're allowed a brand new tyre evey race

Hope I'm not boring you fella, I take it you're an info junkie Smile
hillbilly
5/27/2017 7:54am
hillbilly wrote:
thanks fer the info guys. the first time i saw speedway was daytona 74 and they ran total loss oil system and nitro in the alky...

back to this era,

PressPassP wrote:
Running 7-9 psi in the rear tyre means it grips the sides in a but and launches out in a straighter rather than spinning out to...
Running 7-9 psi in the rear tyre means it grips the sides in a but and launches out in a straighter rather than spinning out to the side.The tyres are
held from rolling off the rim with grub screws around the edge.
They obviously wear more on one side so usually it's one race then the wheel is flipped around to use the new edge on the other side,often changing the rear sprocket to alter the gearing, this kinda carries on through the meeting,thats pretty much my own experience,you play it by ear as the dirt goes of the track
That's Except in the GPs they're allowed a brand new tyre evey race

Hope I'm not boring you fella, I take it you're an info junkie Smile
thanks

worried about the stream, they usually have a clock and track pic up.

hillbilly
5/27/2017 9:56am
lookslike 3pm east

where is kongols anyways
jtetchila1
5/30/2017 6:16pm
jtetchila1 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
what size track?
Seven feet short of a quarter mile on the top. Track is 80' wide in the corners and 50' wide in the straights.

Here are a couple you tube videos, some are better than others, and some have dirt trackers, but it gives you an idea of the track. Track website is www.midamspeedway.com Having a US vs. Canada event on 8/26 with the fastest Speedway riders in the Midwest, East Coast, and Canada.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2WDBDZtiRc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfKiS2W2nNs&t=1s

Post a reply to: speedway gp best heat maybe ever

The Latest