so who got to ride the Honda RX yesterday?

GPrider
12/6/2016 7:11am
Team Green, report?
|
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/6/2016 7:54am
Just finished Social Scoop... Working on Honda RX First Impressions now...
Roostermx58
12/6/2016 8:19am
ML512 wrote:
Are you doing a first impression on the off-road Fox Instinct's too? Hard to move around on the pegs with added grip?
GPrider
12/6/2016 8:52am
Keefer has a write up. Not what I was looking for. Just the regular its all good stuff. I would like to know how it stacks up to the R, maybe even the yamaha RX. I understand it was only one ride on one day, but something to come away with other than "its a great bike"
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/6/2016 9:04am
ML512 wrote:
Are you doing a first impression on the off-road Fox Instinct's too? Hard to move around on the pegs with added grip?
I just rode in them the first time yesterday. You have to pick up your feet a bit more to move around on the pegs but the grip and feel once in place is great. I was worried the lug pattern would feel weird on the pegs or not allow me to place my foot exactly where I wanted on the pegs, but that wasn't the case. I almost forgot I was wearing the off-road version, honestly.

The Shop

ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/6/2016 9:15am
Editing the audio now...
TeamGreen
12/6/2016 9:25am
Well...it's like,this...

If I'm going GP, Moto and ANY mix of riding on an MX bike?
I'm getting the RX over the R all damn day.
Personally, I'd get the RX anyways...it's got the button!

Get this: the suspension is BETTER in choppy-kicking-braking bumps!
Yuuuuuup!

The e-start is super-quick and you will have NO TROUBLE restarting while rolling (you-off-road guys with KTM/Husky scoots know exactly what I mean).

Spent MANY laps on the Vet track and it's only sluglty different in the front-shroud area (kinda YZ-F like). Un-noticeable other than the rare occasion you might notice it when placing your leg waaaaay up high while railing a berm.

Weight? Noticed it slightly when landing a really fast jump at speed and slightly crooked...that's it. I was impressed, the "mass" of the bike isn't noticeably different on the vast majority of the track. 18 pounds is the weight difference and the battery/kick-stand can get rid rid of 5-6 of those. The AT81s probably weigh 1-2 pounds more than 3Ss...etc.

The kickstand is removable by getting an R left-peg-mount: that removes the entire assembly (weight).
The R tank and shrouds WOULD make a difference, too.
19" rear with the 3S front and rear.
Light-weight battery.
Etc., etc., etc. ...
That's the kind of stuff you'll be going after if you're "weight crazy".

Michael will have all sorts of details on the homepage.
I'll bet he leaves out the part where he roosted me on the track...lap after lap after lap!
These kids nowadays, no respect for their slow-elders.

It really is an R that's ready to go GNCC/GP Racing.
There'll be 2.7-2.8, 3.2 & 4.5 gallon tanks from IMS in the not too distant future (Johnny Campbell's got your back on that!)
GPrider
12/6/2016 10:43am
TeamGreen wrote:
Well...it's like,this... If I'm going GP, Moto and ANY mix of riding on an MX bike? I'm getting the RX over the R all damn day...
Well...it's like,this...

If I'm going GP, Moto and ANY mix of riding on an MX bike?
I'm getting the RX over the R all damn day.
Personally, I'd get the RX anyways...it's got the button!

Get this: the suspension is BETTER in choppy-kicking-braking bumps!
Yuuuuuup!

The e-start is super-quick and you will have NO TROUBLE restarting while rolling (you-off-road guys with KTM/Husky scoots know exactly what I mean).

Spent MANY laps on the Vet track and it's only sluglty different in the front-shroud area (kinda YZ-F like). Un-noticeable other than the rare occasion you might notice it when placing your leg waaaaay up high while railing a berm.

Weight? Noticed it slightly when landing a really fast jump at speed and slightly crooked...that's it. I was impressed, the "mass" of the bike isn't noticeably different on the vast majority of the track. 18 pounds is the weight difference and the battery/kick-stand can get rid rid of 5-6 of those. The AT81s probably weigh 1-2 pounds more than 3Ss...etc.

The kickstand is removable by getting an R left-peg-mount: that removes the entire assembly (weight).
The R tank and shrouds WOULD make a difference, too.
19" rear with the 3S front and rear.
Light-weight battery.
Etc., etc., etc. ...
That's the kind of stuff you'll be going after if you're "weight crazy".

Michael will have all sorts of details on the homepage.
I'll bet he leaves out the part where he roosted me on the track...lap after lap after lap!
These kids nowadays, no respect for their slow-elders.

It really is an R that's ready to go GNCC/GP Racing.
There'll be 2.7-2.8, 3.2 & 4.5 gallon tanks from IMS in the not too distant future (Johnny Campbell's got your back on that!)
thanks Manny!
GPrider
12/6/2016 2:25pm
ML, great job on the review, thank you!

I have a bottom line question for you. If you had the R model, put on an 18" wheel, change the motor mounts and did a re-valve on the suspension for off road, would the R be the same as the RX?, obviously minus the ES and tank, haha
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/6/2016 3:19pm
GPrider wrote:
ML, great job on the review, thank you! I have a bottom line question for you. If you had the R model, put on an 18"...

I have a bottom line question for you. If you had the R model, put on an 18" wheel, change the motor mounts and did a re-valve on the suspension for off road, would the R be the same as the RX?, obviously minus the ES and tank, haha
Give me E-Start.... Or give me death...
kiwifan
12/6/2016 3:26pm
ML512 wrote:
lol !!!! Smile
GPrider
12/6/2016 3:35pm
GPrider wrote:
ML, great job on the review, thank you! I have a bottom line question for you. If you had the R model, put on an 18"...

ML512 wrote:
ok, and put the estart on it, so would it be the same?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
12/6/2016 3:44pm
GPrider wrote:
ok, and put the estart on it, so would it be the same?
Different tires, ignition maps, and gearing... Then it would feel similar... Other than the shroud width and the missing kickstand.
12/6/2016 4:40pm
It's crazy to me how you guys notice little things like weight while riding. I'm so focused on not crashing I couldn't tell if I'm on a Honda or a Harley
Xeno
12/6/2016 6:14pm
GPrider wrote:

Yes, it will be the same with those changes. Hopefully the IMS tanks will fit both models- it will fit both chassis, but I'm not sure if the shroud mounts are the same on both models.
Give us a few, and we'll have it figured out.

Also- we are already working on off-road valving for the R suspension.
reded
12/6/2016 6:24pm
It's crazy to me how you guys notice little things like weight while riding. I'm so focused on not crashing I couldn't tell if I'm on...
It's crazy to me how you guys notice little things like weight while riding. I'm so focused on not crashing I couldn't tell if I'm on a Honda or a Harley
LaughingLaughing Post of the week!!
TeamGreen
12/6/2016 7:26pm
GPrider wrote:

Xeno wrote:
Yes, it will be the same with those changes. Hopefully the IMS tanks will fit both models- it will fit both chassis, but I'm not sure...
Yes, it will be the same with those changes. Hopefully the IMS tanks will fit both models- it will fit both chassis, but I'm not sure if the shroud mounts are the same on both models.
Give us a few, and we'll have it figured out.

Also- we are already working on off-road valving for the R suspension.
Shrouds are different and I think we're awaiting a "which shroud" choice from IMS. They are also looking into making the shrouds available with the tank. I introduced one of the IMS guys to Dave Antolak/UFO, USA during the Orlando show.

I'm guessing we'll end up with R shrouds.
Xeno
12/6/2016 7:34pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Shrouds are different and I think we're awaiting a "which shroud" choice from IMS. They are also looking into making the shrouds available with the tank...
Shrouds are different and I think we're awaiting a "which shroud" choice from IMS. They are also looking into making the shrouds available with the tank. I introduced one of the IMS guys to Dave Antolak/UFO, USA during the Orlando show.

I'm thinking the Acerbis shrouds will not have the textured surface on the lower, black portion of the shroud. Which is good for me- we need the space for graphics/branding and decals adhere better to smooth surfaces.
TeamGreen
12/6/2016 7:38pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Shrouds are different and I think we're awaiting a "which shroud" choice from IMS. They are also looking into making the shrouds available with the tank...

Xeno wrote:
I'm thinking the Acerbis shrouds will [i]not[/i] have the textured surface on the lower, black portion of the shroud. Which is good for me- we need...
I'm thinking the Acerbis shrouds will not have the textured surface on the lower, black portion of the shroud. Which is good for me- we need the space for graphics/branding and decals adhere better to smooth surfaces.
I think we're talking about the same shrouds (pretty sure they're made in the same molds). I'm waiting for "Red" shrouds...

All...Red.
GPrider
12/6/2016 8:26pm
Well, I couldn't wait any longer, pulled the trigger on a R today. Will order the ES kit, engine mounts and 18" wheel tomorrow. Going with the 2.8 IMS tank. If my R shrouds don't fit I guess I will be buying a set of RX shrouds. As far as suspension, going to Caselli ride day at glen helen this Saturday and will work with AHM to get it dialed for off road.
kiwifan
12/10/2016 5:31pm
Someone told me Bollinger rode a stock 2017 CRF450RX to a win in the last round of the Japanese GNCC ....is this true?
Xeno
12/10/2016 6:28pm
kiwifan wrote:
Someone told me Bollinger rode a stock 2017 CRF450RX to a win in the last round of the Japanese GNCC ....is this true?
Yes.
ratonmacias
12/10/2016 6:58pm
The only thing that seemed high is the full tank weight. Dirt rider said 261 pounds.
TeamGreen
12/10/2016 7:40pm
kiwifan wrote:
Xeno wrote:
Yes.
He rode one today, too!

The kid was shredding the backside of Glen Helen.
kiwifan
12/10/2016 8:33pm
kiwifan wrote:
Xeno wrote:
Yes.
TeamGreen wrote:
He rode one today, too!

The kid was shredding the backside of Glen Helen.
Impressive debut then Smile I am thinking about doing WORCS and GNCC, no more MX apart from odd club day or special event...anyway we shall see
kiwifan
12/10/2016 8:36pm
kiwifan wrote:
Xeno wrote:
Yes.
Just found a video of the race on youtube, that kid has some talent and the bike looked good despite being stock.

Gee he should do well this year !!
TeamGreen
12/10/2016 8:54pm
kiwifan wrote:
Xeno wrote:
Yes.
kiwifan wrote:
Just found a video of the race on youtube, that kid has some talent and the bike looked good despite being stock. Gee he should do...
Just found a video of the race on youtube, that kid has some talent and the bike looked good despite being stock.

Gee he should do well this year !!
I'm gonna start racing OTHG/OTMX so I don't have to be on the track with all those damn kids!
kiwifan
12/10/2016 10:33pm
TeamGreen wrote:
I'm gonna start racing OTHG/OTMX so I don't have to be on the track with all those damn kids!
hehehe Smile
12/11/2016 12:56am
It's crazy to me how you guys notice little things like weight while riding. I'm so focused on not crashing I couldn't tell if I'm on...
^^^^
GPrider
12/11/2016 4:29am
rolled up to my dealer Friday to pick up an R. After about 5 minutes I decided to wait it out for the RX. Missed KC day but ok, its going to be a better choice come three weeks from now.

Post a reply to: so who got to ride the Honda RX yesterday?

The Latest