struth
Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 7:05pm
4th to 8th I reckon.
|
GrapeApe
Fantasy
760th
3/6/2015 2:26pm
How about we watch qualifying and find out?
3/6/2015 2:32pm
I think a 4th would be good.
I'd love to see him get out there an rip off a 1st place lap and put the pressure on.
Last weeks mediocre results could work to his advantage.
Titan1
3/6/2015 2:36pm
I think a 4th would be good. I'd love to see him get out there an rip off a 1st place lap and put the pressure...
I'd love to see him get out there an rip off a 1st place lap and put the pressure on.
Last weeks result wasn't mediocre considering the crashes and the head start he gave everyone.

But is love to see him come out on top this weekend.

The Shop

SEE ARE125
3/6/2015 2:42pm
Anyone have a vid of the track? I looked at a GoPro from 2014, but I think it's a new track(redesigned) this year. Is that right?
downard254
3/6/2015 2:44pm
GrapeApe wrote:
How about we watch qualifying and find out?
But won't that give away the answer to the question?Smile
3/6/2015 2:53pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 2:53pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Anyone have a vid of the track? I looked at a GoPro from 2014, but I think it's a new track(redesigned) this year. Is that right?
Totally new venue and location

Shit as well from what I've seen from riders twitter accounts

But come Sunday it may be ok, fingers crossed
P
3/6/2015 2:53pm
Top 3 at least. He is going to bust their asses this week. Wink

P
3/6/2015 3:05pm
I think a 4th would be good. I'd love to see him get out there an rip off a 1st place lap and put the pressure...
Titan1 wrote:
Last weeks result wasn't mediocre considering the crashes and the head start he gave everyone. But is love to see him come out on top this...
Last weeks result wasn't mediocre considering the crashes and the head start he gave everyone.

Gotcha...I should have gone with "last weeks amazing, heroic, superhuman like results".....lol
Better starts and less fall overs will definitely help.
Titan1
3/6/2015 3:17pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 3:17pm
Titan1 wrote:
Last weeks result wasn't mediocre considering the crashes and the head start he gave everyone. But is love to see him come out on top this...

Gotcha...I should have gone with "last weeks amazing, heroic, superhuman like results".....lol
Sorry dude...lol...I didn't watch the races and the overall tone of everyone was that he just plain sucked it up, was off the pace, his riding style wouldn't work, and was lost on bike set up...then I watched his go pro footage yesterday and realized he had probably the worst weekend he's ever had the races (how many times in his life has he stalled on the gate?) and STILL finished in the top 10.

Yes...if he can stay off the ground and get a start he'll be on the podium (hopefully the top of it).
machine
3/6/2015 3:19pm
3rd-4th..still some setup work to do...
mx836
3/6/2015 3:21pm
Titan1 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:
Sorry dude...lol...I didn't watch the races and the overall tone of everyone was that he just plain sucked it up, was off the pace, his riding...
Sorry dude...lol...I didn't watch the races and the overall tone of everyone was that he just plain sucked it up, was off the pace, his riding style wouldn't work, and was lost on bike set up...then I watched his go pro footage yesterday and realized he had probably the worst weekend he's ever had the races (how many times in his life has he stalled on the gate?) and STILL finished in the top 10.

Yes...if he can stay off the ground and get a start he'll be on the podium (hopefully the top of it).
You must have been reading all the Brits' posts to get that impression! Wink
3/6/2015 3:22pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 3:25pm
Difficult to judge of course, but with so little time to improve his settings and get used to the bike; I think about 3rd. Same for his overall on the weekend.
KlootZak
3/6/2015 3:28pm
Looks like a supercross track but it will probably wear down like a GP track ... Difficult ... I think he will start better and run around podium finish but loose some speed at the end and finish 5th
stillwelding
3/6/2015 3:31pm
SEE ARE125 wrote:
Yes, different track from last two years.
LappedU
3/6/2015 3:32pm
He will come out swingin this week, and be a podium contender for sure!
3/6/2015 3:38pm
RV will not qualify today.

The race is on Sunday, as normal for GPs, and qualifying is on Saturday.

(Qatar was an exception, a day earlier - the Sabbath and weekend is different there).

By the way, can we stop all this talk of "Euro" tracks? Qatar isn't in Europe, neither were Thailand, Brazil and Mexico the last time I looked. If there is a difference, it is that broadly speaking the GP tracks are less deeply ripped and prepared than the US nationals seem to be, so the underlying soil conditions come though during the day, making them more 'gnarly' apparently. Its the WORLD series, expect travel and variety. Sadly, more prep seems to becoming the norm also for the GPs. It makes little difference however on a true sand track (think Lommel, Valkenswaard, Lierop). I believe RV can ride Southwick and Daytona perfectly adequately, so no whining about sand tracks please. Ditto the jet lag, you have aeroplanes in the US and I believe RV has used them previously. Lastly, Qatar and Thailand are not typical tracks and don't appear to be fit for a GP.

Lesson over, enjoy the racing! Your boy will very soon be mixing it up front but I think the title is a big ask in year 1. My expectation is that the true fans will ignore the haters and gain a new mutual appreciation of the level and depth of talent that exists around the world. We'll see more rider 'exchanges' between the GPs and US nats in future years.
Mark Davis
3/6/2015 3:39pm
KlootZak wrote:
Looks like a supercross track but it will probably wear down like a GP track ... Difficult ... I think he will start better and run...
Looks like a supercross track but it will probably wear down like a GP track ... Difficult ... I think he will start better and run around podium finish but loose some speed at the end and finish 5th
RV Fade haha
LappedU
3/6/2015 3:41pm
ksithumper wrote:
RV will not qualify today. The race is on Sunday, as normal for GPs, and qualifying is on Saturday. (Qatar was an exception, a day earlier...
RV will not qualify today.

The race is on Sunday, as normal for GPs, and qualifying is on Saturday.

(Qatar was an exception, a day earlier - the Sabbath and weekend is different there).

By the way, can we stop all this talk of "Euro" tracks? Qatar isn't in Europe, neither were Thailand, Brazil and Mexico the last time I looked. If there is a difference, it is that broadly speaking the GP tracks are less deeply ripped and prepared than the US nationals seem to be, so the underlying soil conditions come though during the day, making them more 'gnarly' apparently. Its the WORLD series, expect travel and variety. Sadly, more prep seems to becoming the norm also for the GPs. It makes little difference however on a true sand track (think Lommel, Valkenswaard, Lierop). I believe RV can ride Southwick and Daytona perfectly adequately, so no whining about sand tracks please. Ditto the jet lag, you have aeroplanes in the US and I believe RV has used them previously. Lastly, Qatar and Thailand are not typical tracks and don't appear to be fit for a GP.

Lesson over, enjoy the racing! Your boy will very soon be mixing it up front but I think the title is a big ask in year 1. My expectation is that the true fans will ignore the haters and gain a new mutual appreciation of the level and depth of talent that exists around the world. We'll see more rider 'exchanges' between the GPs and US nats in future years.
Practice starts in 3.5 hours so technically it is today for us!
Falcon
Fantasy
798th
3/6/2015 3:46pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 3:48pm
Ksithumper, I think you are too intelligent for this forum. Please go post somewhere else where you will be appreciated. Wink

Haha.

I say RV qualifies in 5th.
3/6/2015 3:50pm Edited Date/Time 3/6/2015 3:51pm
Falcon, that's the most polite fkoff I think I've ever received! Are you English? Tongue
jemcee
3/6/2015 3:55pm
Titan1 wrote:

Titan1 wrote:
Sorry dude...lol...I didn't watch the races and the overall tone of everyone was that he just plain sucked it up, was off the pace, his riding...

man you know there was two races right? second race he started 7th and finished 8th.. I'm definitely not saying he won't massively improve on those results or that he 'massively sucked it up' but to base your opinion on how he went on a weekend on an 11 minute gopro of one race is a little misguided..
That said I agree I predict at least a podium this weekend maybe a win and 15 threads declaring USA the greatest MX country haha (that was a joke not a shot)
struth
3/6/2015 4:00pm
i actually think he'll sweep this round. Next round will be a hit n miss 4'th o/a
Lol joke right sweep,RV will not have fitness in the heat at Thailand,RV will fade in second moto imo....
...qualifications race is today
Park Boys
Fantasy
32nd
3/6/2015 4:06pm
i actually think he'll sweep this round. Next round will be a hit n miss 4'th o/a
struth wrote:
Lol joke right sweep,RV will not have fitness in the heat at Thailand,RV will fade in second moto imo....
...qualifications race is today
RV is use to extreme heat with 90-95% humidity, raced it more than everyone on the line against him except for maybe Tyla.

Post a reply to: so what postion does RV qualify in today

The Latest