so geico honda runs stock suspension

TeamGreen
1/13/2010 5:23pm
Stock sliders and Outter tubes...
jndmx
1/13/2010 5:33pm
They run stock suspension the same way that NASCAR races "stock cars".....lol.
1/13/2010 5:57pm
jndmx wrote:
They run stock suspension the same way that NASCAR races "stock cars".....lol.
LaughingLaughingWoohoo

The Shop

Loose
1/13/2010 6:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:00pm
whats considered stock? to me, off the show room floor is stock. how much different are the parts that factory connection make, from lets say, what...
whats considered stock?
to me, off the show room floor is stock.
how much different are the parts that factory connection make, from lets say, what stewart is using?
i just dont see how the factories can make their suspension parts that much better than factory connection or any other suspension company. how much better can you possibly make something?
Gieco run modified stock, so do Pro Circuit, L & M, Valli and most other teams.

The number of bikes running legit factory suspension is and always has been very few. Factory Showa forks if you can get them are close to AUD$30,000 and believe me they don't hand them out to just anyone.
onenastynotch
1/13/2010 7:15pm
pro circuit uses showa a kit stuff not production
mattbmx63
1/13/2010 7:33pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 8:00pm
I don't think L&M is running modified stock. Valli is using factory showa on Tedesco's bike if I'm correct.
Loose
1/13/2010 7:41pm
pro circuit uses showa a kit stuff not production
My bad, I was led to believe they only modded internals.

My point was though, most teams don't run factory kit so it shouldn't be a surprise that Geico aren't. Having said that if K Dub strings a few podiums together you never know what may turn up in the mail!

JoshDiehl
1/13/2010 7:42pm
well i know Shorts practice suspension from last years 450 was purchased for near $15000 so i have a feeling that it's quite a bit different than stock!
stillwelding
1/13/2010 7:43pm
whats considered stock? to me, off the show room floor is stock. how much different are the parts that factory connection make, from lets say, what...
whats considered stock?
how much different are the parts that factory connection make, from lets say, what stewart is using?
i just dont see how the factories can make their suspension parts that much better than factory connection or any other suspension company. how much better can you possibly make something?
i just dont see how the factories can make their suspension parts that much better than factory connection
There's absolutely a big difference. Like the difference in surface finishes (more finely polished/ground) as well as the tighter tolerances of one off parts compared to production. Expansion rates of materials, etc. Also the coatings of sliding surfaces, seal tension. Maybe someone on here with actual factory experience can explain this better. I think you'll see throughout the world that the first thing a top rider gets is better suspension tailored to their needs.
mattbmx63
1/13/2010 7:57pm
kdub said that they had the bike working much better with his modded suspension, than when he had the factory suspension. I'm not saying factory connections is better, but it works better for his needs.
1/13/2010 8:01pm
Loose wrote:
My bad, I was led to believe they only modded internals. My point was though, most teams don't run factory kit so it shouldn't be a...
My bad, I was led to believe they only modded internals.

My point was though, most teams don't run factory kit so it shouldn't be a surprise that Geico aren't. Having said that if K Dub strings a few podiums together you never know what may turn up in the mail!

The nitrite coatings they run definitely aren't stock.

I want to see more of the stuff JGR came up with.
redalert144
Fantasy
3058th
1/13/2010 8:17pm
The nitrite coatings they run definitely aren't stock.

I want to see more of the stuff JGR came up with.
FC isn't running coatings either
1/14/2010 4:46am
whats considered stock?
[b]i just dont see how the factories can make their suspension parts that much better than factory connection[/b] There's absolutely a big difference. Like the difference...
i just dont see how the factories can make their suspension parts that much better than factory connection
There's absolutely a big difference. Like the difference in surface finishes (more finely polished/ground) as well as the tighter tolerances of one off parts compared to production. Expansion rates of materials, etc. Also the coatings of sliding surfaces, seal tension. Maybe someone on here with actual factory experience can explain this better. I think you'll see throughout the world that the first thing a top rider gets is better suspension tailored to their needs.
so in other words, the factory just has more money to spend. i just dont understand how FC or PC cant make the parts like the factories are making. the cost cant be much more than what they are already doing, maybe besides materials being used. the machining would be the basic same process.
1/14/2010 4:48am
idk much about internals, i know the basics to understand it... so just for fun, id like to see comparison pictures of stock internals, modded internals, and factory internals. would be neat to see.

Post a reply to: so geico honda runs stock suspension

The Latest