7/27/2009 8:03am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:09am
rcm406 wrote:
I'm sure there will be more later on.

Looks like a good turnout.
Autograph line

Autograph line
P
7/27/2009 8:06am
Man, they needed more press leading up that that. The place looked pretty empty. Gotta get more internet buzz.

If they do an East Coast/Southern ride day they should look at somewhere in the Charlotte, NC area, or not to far from it. That's a pretty central locatioin and Districts 29 and 13 are big moto districts. They could also invite JGR out as well.

P
txmxer
7/27/2009 8:26am
I made it up there for the ride day, didn't ride. DAMN it was HOT.

I was very appreciative of the free waters.

It was cool. James showed up about 4:30 all smiles. Mingled with a few fans and did a few pics and autographs.

We stayed around and watched an hour or so of James riding with everyone. Talked to a few kids that rode with him. They were thrilled.

The Shop

7/27/2009 8:34am Edited Date/Time 7/27/2009 8:35am
Did he ride the 2-stroke again? Can't watch videos. IT nazi has banned streaming anything!
breck
7/27/2009 8:49am
don't worry, you dont want to it'll make you sick...

yes he was on a two stroke.
7/27/2009 8:58am
breck wrote:
don't worry, you dont want to it'll make you sick...

yes he was on a two stroke.
Probably would make me sick! DUDE has crazy skills on the mo-mo!
DPW
7/27/2009 9:22am
Did he ride the 2-stroke again? Can't watch videos. IT nazi has banned streaming anything!
7/27/2009 9:26am
DPW wrote:
[img]http://www.11kphotos.com/july2509/stewart_redbull.jpg[/img]
Thanks man!!! Numbered up even this time!
breck
7/27/2009 9:30am
Probably would make me sick! DUDE has crazy skills on the mo-mo!
I was talking about the lack of image stabilization by the camera operator...
SIMX
7/27/2009 9:42am
P wrote:
Man, they needed more press leading up that that. The place looked pretty empty. Gotta get more internet buzz. If they do an East Coast/Southern ride...
Man, they needed more press leading up that that. The place looked pretty empty. Gotta get more internet buzz.

If they do an East Coast/Southern ride day they should look at somewhere in the Charlotte, NC area, or not to far from it. That's a pretty central locatioin and Districts 29 and 13 are big moto districts. They could also invite JGR out as well.

P

Maybe Monster Mountain????????????
sdfog1
7/27/2009 9:48am
rcm406 wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
Looks like a good turnout. Autograph line Autograph line
Autograph line

Autograph line
I'm pretty sure that was the sign-up line and not the autograph line.
Stewart rolled up behind me on the line before practice and I got to chat with him. Then he rode behind me for about half a lap. The best part is I got it all on on helmet cam!
txmxer
7/27/2009 9:50am
P wrote:
Man, they needed more press leading up that that. The place looked pretty empty. Gotta get more internet buzz. If they do an East Coast/Southern ride...

P
I thought there would be a bigger turnout, but I think the 100+ degree heat really hurt.

There was a ton of riders though. Track was packed.
Sledneck
7/27/2009 9:52am
DPW wrote:
[img]http://www.11kphotos.com/july2509/stewart_redbull.jpg[/img]
Wow, a proper sounding dirt bike. Props to JS for that.
jndmx
7/27/2009 9:53am
That looks like a blast.

You gotta love the sound of a two-stroke wound up like that.
He is one of those riders that can really squeeze every ounce of horsepower out of a smoker.
P
7/27/2009 9:59am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 1:09am
P wrote:

P
SIMX wrote:

In Alabama................Unsure

Also, didn't James say that he doesn't really like that track (in a past interview)?

I would say Birch Creek in Danville, Va., but that'a a hike for people in GA.

P
P
7/27/2009 10:01am
BTW, I hope that don't forget to break out the YZ 125 at the NC ride day...............WinkSmile

P
ruckus
7/27/2009 10:12am
rcm406 wrote:

rcm406 wrote:
Looks like a good turnout. Autograph line Autograph line
Autograph line

Autograph line
Yeah that was the registration signup line. The autograph session was more a herd of people than a line.

It was good times and judging by Stewarts attitude, i'd say he had a good time. I saw him picking up the mini's if they crashed and he did a couple these:

It was H O T as hell though.
7/27/2009 10:23am
Was that a Pro- Circuit pipe? Are we looking at a two stroke for X games and US open? Yeah 125 would be nice, but he rides that 250 like 125 and it sounds good done up!!
7/27/2009 10:33am
Was that a Pro- Circuit pipe? Are we looking at a two stroke for X games and US open? Yeah 125 would be nice, but he...
Was that a Pro- Circuit pipe? Are we looking at a two stroke for X games and US open? Yeah 125 would be nice, but he rides that 250 like 125 and it sounds good done up!!
Doubtful on the 2T since I am pretty sure.he wants to win Smile
ruckus
7/27/2009 10:46am
Was that a Pro- Circuit pipe? Are we looking at a two stroke for X games and US open? Yeah 125 would be nice, but he...
Yup, it was a Pro Circuit
txmxer
7/27/2009 10:51am
yeah, because he struggled to win on the 125 against 4 strokers...

crowe176
7/27/2009 11:05am
P wrote:

P
SIMX wrote:

P wrote:
In Alabama................Also, didn't James say that he doesn't really like that track (in a past interview)? I would say Birch Creek in Danville, Va., but that'a...

Also, didn't James say that he doesn't really like that track (in a past interview)?

P
There's no way in hell he doesn't like riding Monster. You're just making shit up to score a jersey too.
P
7/27/2009 11:14am
SIMX wrote:

P wrote:
In Alabama................Also, didn't James say that he doesn't really like that track (in a past interview)? I would say Birch Creek in Danville, Va., but that'a...

P
crowe176 wrote:
There's no way in hell he doesn't like riding Monster. You're just making shit up to score a jersey too.
Laughing I don't think so.

P
MX479Guy
7/27/2009 11:26am
P wrote:

P
Thats what I was thinking. I didn't even know he was having a ride day in Texas.
zookrider62!
Fantasy
583rd
7/27/2009 3:26pm Edited Date/Time 7/27/2009 3:26pm
txmxer wrote:
yeah, because he struggled to win on the 125 against 4 strokers...

Yeah because he struggled on the 250 against 450s. Oh wait....
bd
7/27/2009 3:36pm
James kicks ass!
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4434th
7/27/2009 9:43pm
There was a nice little story about it in the Dallas Morning News:

Supercross champion gives back to his fans

06:37 PM CDT on Sunday, July 26, 2009

By DANIEL SANCHEZ / The Dallas Morning News
dsanchez@dallasnews.com

ALVORD – James "Bubba" Stewart Jr., the reigning Supercross champion, thanked his fans in a meaningful way Saturday. He gave fans a chance to ride with him.

"I know a lot of these young kids will remember this for the rest of their life," Stewart said.

Plenty of fans turned out at Oak Hill Motocross Park. There were some from Oklahoma. Mitchell Thelen, a 23-year-old from Marshall, drove 3 ½ hours to the event and was passed by Stewart on the race track.

"Being able to ride with your sport's top athlete, it's like being able to swim with Michael Phelps," Rex Haber of Dallas said. He comes from a racing family, and even his mother rides.

Fans such as Aaron Young and Preston Hobbs came to see Stewart even though they couldn't ride with him. Young, a 15-year-old from Fort Worth, broke his left arm racing at Buffalo Creek last weekend. Hobbs broke his right leg in May.

Post a reply to: small video of James' ride day in TX.

The Latest