shoulder injuries

jmar
12/1/2009 10:56pm
sharkey wrote:
has anyone ever gone down hard but not broken anything only to have a issue nag you for months. i went down hard a few months...
has anyone ever gone down hard but not broken anything only to have a issue nag you for months. i went down hard a few months bak and felt better after a few days but once i lift my arm above my head ior move it quickly t hurts on top of my shoulder and i can only throw a ball about 30 feet and it hurts like hell and now i work different because of this. would a doctor just tell me "it takes time" or is this something more
You have my sympathy pal.

Hope you find a doctor that can help.
txmxer
12/2/2009 6:09am Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:14pm
sharkey wrote:
thanks for all the advice guys. well when i crashed it took awhile to get off the dirt and i knew i was done for the...
thanks for all the advice guys. well when i crashed it took awhile to get off the dirt and i knew i was done for the day. im 40 now but still pretty active riding/ racing etc .i thought this would go away after a few days or a week but it didnt but i also didnt want to go to the doc and seem like being a baby. you know like going in to find out its nothing. it seems if i use it and keep my arm below eye level its not bad but heavy lifting or quick movements you can feel it. when i really noticed something wrong was when i was throwing a ball to my son and it was justa tennis ball that motion hurt alot and i could only throw it about 35-40 feet and not real hard. i can ride and it dont bug me much but as i said if i have to do any throwing like motion with the arm its basically useless or work above my head which for my profession can be alot sometimes. i notice it does seem to have some noise when i rotate it. its been about 2 months now. so do i bother going to a normal doctor or just go to some one who specializes in this stuff
If it were me, I might go to my family doc because I trust him...but, no matter what he said, I would go to a sports medicine ortho.

Of course, if he's an ortho surgeon, his recommendation will likely be to cut on it to get it fixed.

Eatmydirt03
12/2/2009 7:25am
It could be alot of things, after 3 shoulder surgies, most of them torn labrum's. The slightest tear can make some of your regualr daily chores a problem. I had a tear on back side of my shoulder, same things raising my arm in a quick manner, reaching for things over my head, specailly heavy things and mine was my non throwing arm so anytime I had to catch a ball I also would experince these problems which mainly resulted in loss of strentgh for a few minutes in my arm or catching and grinding in the socket. Good luck.

The Shop

Post a reply to: shoulder injuries

The Latest