saw something almost unbelievable at A1

jmar
1/11/2010 4:33pm
jmar wrote:
These are less than two bucks each. The come in flat plastic pouches and would be very easy to get through security with. You could have...
These are less than two bucks each. The come in flat plastic pouches and would be very easy to get through security with.

You could have bought a five dollar coke and had your double rum and coke for less than ten bucks.

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/08/pocket_shots_portable_liquor.php
ebers wrote:
I think everyone needs to read the comments on that site! They're classic. Here's a few of my favorites: "so ...... hookers drink liquor out of...
I think everyone needs to read the comments on that site! They're classic. Here's a few of my favorites:

"so ...... hookers drink liquor out of colostomy bags?"

"And best of all, they double as a catheter bag!"

Pretty funny but I have used the bagged stuff while skiing.

Not bad stuff for $1.99 per bag.
pb465
1/11/2010 4:49pm
BobbyM wrote:
23 bucks for this? wtf...double rum and coke. afuckingmazing.... [img]http://bobbymx.com/2010/A1/cocktail.jpg[/img]
23 bucks for this? wtf...double rum and coke. afuckingmazing....

Only thing more amazing is that you actually bought it!!
gt80rider
1/11/2010 4:56pm
BobbyM wrote:
next time we bring the spliffs and vodka ourselves...Smile
just figuring that out after all these years? it's easier in the middle rounds where the cities are colder and you are allowed in with a...
just figuring that out after all these years?
it's easier in the middle rounds where the cities are colder and you are allowed in with a full winter jacket. I typically bring in 3 - 16oz plastic bottle beers. All weed is smoked in the car beforehand though.
Get a one hitter that looks just like a cigarette... you can either smoke it outside of a domed stadium, in the shitters when the bathrooms are packed, or sit way in the upper deck.... just looks like you have a cig that you can't keep lit.... (fairly common since firesafe smokes have become the norm around the country).....

and don't carry in beer..... far too much volume per alcohol content.... 1 pint in each coat pocket of vodka/jack/whatever and you are dialed for an entire day and evening race program.....
1/11/2010 5:17pm Edited Date/Time 1/11/2010 5:24pm
BobbyM wrote:
23 bucks for this? wtf...double rum and coke. afuckingmazing.... [img]http://bobbymx.com/2010/A1/cocktail.jpg[/img]

pb465 wrote:
Well that's not bobby with the glass so he must of bought at least two! or he just bought a old friend from Norcal a drink! he likes it straight Bobby !

The Shop

kardy
1/11/2010 5:43pm
DL wrote:
$9.50 for a 12 oz. Coors Light..... $20 bucks to park..... count me out for the rest of the Anaheim races. I was told that the...
$9.50 for a 12 oz. Coors Light..... $20 bucks to park..... count me out for the rest of the Anaheim races. I was told that the A1 reg parking fee is $10 and Feld tacks on another $10? Wonder if they share in food and beverage sales? Bums me out that the riders and the fans seem to keep on coming back for more.... me included.
BobbyM wrote:
Spliffs and vodka - be sure and find me after the races Bobby!
avidchimp
Fantasy
1250th
1/11/2010 5:47pm
DL wrote:
$9.50 for a 12 oz. Coors Light..... $20 bucks to park..... count me out for the rest of the Anaheim races. I was told that the...
$9.50 for a 12 oz. Coors Light..... $20 bucks to park..... count me out for the rest of the Anaheim races. I was told that the A1 reg parking fee is $10 and Feld tacks on another $10? Wonder if they share in food and beverage sales? Bums me out that the riders and the fans seem to keep on coming back for more.... me included.
BobbyM wrote:
kardy wrote:
Me too. Sounds like my kind of party. Wink
kardy
1/11/2010 6:03pm
avidchimp wrote:
Me too. Sounds like my kind of party. Wink
Ahh yes, the peanut gallery chimes in! Hey man we should hook up in the next few weeks, I plan to be at all of them... pm me.
TerryK
1/11/2010 7:18pm
I've never understood why people find it necessary to get drunk or high at SX/MX races. Makes no sense to me to dull your senses down during a race.

I get a huge high from the whole SX/MX experiance. I get goosebumps when something cool happens and I'm just super pumped to be there seeing the worlds best riders doing what they do! No artificial stimulants needed.

Guess I'm just a fan of the sport.
JOHN CHOATE
1/11/2010 7:27pm
TerryK wrote:
I've never understood why people find it necessary to get drunk or high at SX/MX races. Makes no sense to me to dull your senses down...
I've never understood why people find it necessary to get drunk or high at SX/MX races. Makes no sense to me to dull your senses down during a race.

I get a huge high from the whole SX/MX experiance. I get goosebumps when something cool happens and I'm just super pumped to be there seeing the worlds best riders doing what they do! No artificial stimulants needed.

x2

Don't get me started on the alcohol thing. I don't want to be a PARTY FOUL. Wink
mjskier
1/11/2010 7:39pm
jmar wrote:
These are less than two bucks each. The come in flat plastic pouches and would be very easy to get through security with. You could have...
These are less than two bucks each. The come in flat plastic pouches and would be very easy to get through security with.

You could have bought a five dollar coke and had your double rum and coke for less than ten bucks.

http://www.geekologie.com/2007/08/pocket_shots_portable_liquor.php
Now I know why they faked that aborted plane bombing on Christmas day: They just needed an excuse to bring in the full body scan machines. Now people won't be able to bring their own booze on the plane. You want to drink, you have to pay the inflated price.
And a helicopter started circling above my house just as I started typing this. Coincidence? I don't think so...
1/11/2010 8:16pm
You haven't figured out a way to smuggle booze in the stadium in your pegleg yet?
500guy
1/11/2010 8:19pm
You haven't figured out a way to smuggle booze in the stadium in your pegleg yet?
No but he did get a swiss army knife on a plane once after 9-11.

I was with him, freakin hilarious too.
Lightning78
1/11/2010 8:30pm
DL wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
I forgot my flask and was kicking myself for it but I was driving so it was a good thing....if you forget your flask snaek in a half to full pint of your favorite booze and add it to your soda it makes things a LOT cheaper....
Lightning78
1/11/2010 8:30pm
The spliff's were easy to get in and easy to smoke Wink
kardy
1/11/2010 9:09pm
TerryK wrote:
I've never understood why people find it necessary to get drunk or high at SX/MX races. Makes no sense to me to dull your senses down...

A) Drinking and "getting drunk" are two very different things.

Cool We are simple minded, weak, and inferior to non-drinker/partiers, so please - let us waste away in peace.
TerryK
1/11/2010 9:11pm
kardy wrote:
A) Drinking and "getting drunk" are two very different things. B) We are simple minded, weak, and inferior to non-drinker/partiers, so please - let us waste...
A) Drinking and "getting drunk" are two very different things.

Cool We are simple minded, weak, and inferior to non-drinker/partiers, so please - let us waste away in peace.
lol, I know this kardy, hence I said "getting drunk".
Void Main
1/11/2010 9:32pm
BobbyM wrote:

pb465 wrote:
Actually if you look at the picture more closely that drink will make you see 2-strokes out on the track. Check out the smoke. I would have no problem paying the 23 bucks for that!
BobbyM
1/11/2010 10:16pm
kardy wrote:
i wanted to bs with you at db's but you bolted...don't blame ya.Smile

cudby , stone, kardas...top of the line photomofos that i really appreciate...tfs too but well you know. Smile
BobbyM
1/11/2010 10:18pm
Brtp4 wrote:
Where buy where where??
the burner only made 50 or so i think and i don't know if you can even buy them anymore. very nice replica jersey in honor of marty the man...like pd441 said, many moto folks dug the jersey.
BobbyM
1/11/2010 10:21pm
pb465 wrote:
not me, another even more "infamous" bobbym from norcal made that mistake....just once. Smile
TerryB
1/12/2010 3:29am
Brtp4 wrote:
The real question is, where did that person get the LOP shirt????????
+1
MX-Files
1/12/2010 6:00am
"Supercross tickets for the family $200...Parking the Toy Hauler for some tailgating $150...Double rum and coke $23.50...Marty Moates winning the 1980 Carlsbad USGP in LOP Jersey...priceless."
CKrider45
1/12/2010 7:10am
BobbyM wrote:

pb465 wrote:
Void Main wrote:
Actually if you look at the picture more closely that drink will make you see 2-strokes out on the track. Check out the smoke. I would...
Actually if you look at the picture more closely that drink will make you see 2-strokes out on the track. Check out the smoke. I would have no problem paying the 23 bucks for that!
I'm not sure about that smoke. Normally 2 stroke smoke looks good and the source from where it comes sounds good... I'm thinkin that smoke is from Ace Frehley's guitar, which sounded like a YZ125 stuck in 1st gear, pinned through the whoops.

Post a reply to: saw something almost unbelievable at A1

The Latest