risk Racing lock n load anyone use it?

49weasel
Anyone using it ? Seems to be a lot of mixed review online reviews.. Thinking about sticking one in my van.

|
3/21/2017 5:45am
not yet but have been thinking about using them in my new van. only thing holding me back right now is the 2 sizes needed for big bikes and minis. right now no big deal my son is on bug bikes but I have 2 little ones about to start on 50's.
Canadad
3/21/2017 6:20am
Yes, I have 3 in my trailer and I love them. Can't remember exactly when I purchased them but they are at least 5 years old. I drive from Ontario Canada down to Florida/Alabama regularly and lock em in and forget about them. Excellent service too, One of the plastic spin knobs broke and they replaced it free of charge. Highly recommend them. The only tricky part is loading a 250 2 smoke as the pipe is quite wide at the front and you may need to fanangle it in place a little. 4 strokes are super easy as no fat pipe to contend with at the front of the bike. Highly recommend the product and the service.
MXD
3/21/2017 6:51am
Canadad wrote:
Yes, I have 3 in my trailer and I love them. Can't remember exactly when I purchased them but they are at least 5 years old...
Yes, I have 3 in my trailer and I love them. Can't remember exactly when I purchased them but they are at least 5 years old. I drive from Ontario Canada down to Florida/Alabama regularly and lock em in and forget about them. Excellent service too, One of the plastic spin knobs broke and they replaced it free of charge. Highly recommend them. The only tricky part is loading a 250 2 smoke as the pipe is quite wide at the front and you may need to fanangle it in place a little. 4 strokes are super easy as no fat pipe to contend with at the front of the bike. Highly recommend the product and the service.
While I don't have any experience with the lock n load, I can second the comments by Canadad about their customer service. I ordered a gas jug from them and one of the vents was stripped out. They never balked once about making it right. That day they sent out a replacement and a spare and kept me in the loop with tracking numbers. I know that doesn't help with this specific product but the company as a whole is one I wouldn't hesitate to do business with again.

The Shop

49weasel
3/21/2017 6:54am
Canadad wrote:
Yes, I have 3 in my trailer and I love them. Can't remember exactly when I purchased them but they are at least 5 years old...
MXD wrote:
While I don't have any experience with the lock n load, I can second the comments by Canadad about their customer service. I ordered a gas...
While I don't have any experience with the lock n load, I can second the comments by Canadad about their customer service. I ordered a gas jug from them and one of the vents was stripped out. They never balked once about making it right. That day they sent out a replacement and a spare and kept me in the loop with tracking numbers. I know that doesn't help with this specific product but the company as a whole is one I wouldn't hesitate to do business with again.
It's kinda funny you say that.. I have been trying to get a hold someone there for 2 weeks and nothing.
I wanted some measurements to make sure it would be able to be mounted where I wanted it.
Stickers
3/21/2017 6:57am
I have one and like it. If you don't have much room to work with it can be sort of aggravating sometimes but for the most it works really well.One of the knobs broke with me not long after I got it and they sent me some extras no charge. That was about a year ago.
MXD
3/21/2017 6:59am
Canadad wrote:
MXD wrote:
While I don't have any experience with the lock n load, I can second the comments by Canadad about their customer service. I ordered a gas...
49weasel wrote:
It's kinda funny you say that.. I have been trying to get a hold someone there for 2 weeks and nothing. I wanted some measurements to...
It's kinda funny you say that.. I have been trying to get a hold someone there for 2 weeks and nothing.
I wanted some measurements to make sure it would be able to be mounted where I wanted it.
I called into the main number and got a young lady on the phone. She took my info and within a few minutes I received an email that I was copied on that she sent to the person in parts telling them what I needed and with all of my info. If you want her contact info, I can look it up and PM it to you. She was very helpful.
Spooner
3/21/2017 7:00am
I've been using them for a few years and they work pretty good. Just make sure the pins are in securely as the don't always stay clipped down.
49weasel
3/21/2017 7:15am
MXD wrote:
49weasel wrote:
It's kinda funny you say that.. I have been trying to get a hold someone there for 2 weeks and nothing. I wanted some measurements to...
MXD wrote:
I called into the main number and got a young lady on the phone. She took my info and within a few minutes I received an...
I called into the main number and got a young lady on the phone. She took my info and within a few minutes I received an email that I was copied on that she sent to the person in parts telling them what I needed and with all of my info. If you want her contact info, I can look it up and PM it to you. She was very helpful.
Could you email it to me ? For whatever reason I don't get PMs.
Cbeverly@haydist.com
MXD
3/21/2017 7:19am
49weasel wrote:
MXD wrote:
I called into the main number and got a young lady on the phone. She took my info and within a few minutes I received an...
49weasel wrote:
Could you email it to me ? For whatever reason I don't get PMs.
Cbeverly@haydist.com
You've got mail
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
3/21/2017 7:31am
My buddy has them, and seems to like them. He posts here, so hopefully he chimes in.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
3/21/2017 7:32am
I've used mine for a year with no problems. I have a tall van so I can stand and I just roll the bike I, sit on it, step on both clamps and I'm done.

I like it because I can move around in the van without the straps in my way, that was the main reason for getting it.
hvaughn88
3/21/2017 7:34am
... patiently waiting for mxmounts guy to come in with his lack of shame
NoahSuthy99
3/21/2017 8:21am
Been using for about a year now, they're the best investment we've made. Super quick and never had any problems with them. A lot easier and quicker then tie downs, and theyre not rough on your susoension. It takes 10 seconds to load the bikes. I say go for it
JBecker 72
3/21/2017 8:27am
My buddy wants to get some for his trailer. They look real nice and I'm glad to see they get good reviews here. If I ever get a van this will be something to consider.

Any noticeable wear to the pegs? Mainly looking for people's experience with Ti pegs like Lightspeed or Raptor. Thanks.
49weasel
3/21/2017 8:28am
I've used mine for a year with no problems. I have a tall van so I can stand and I just roll the bike I, sit...
I've used mine for a year with no problems. I have a tall van so I can stand and I just roll the bike I, sit on it, step on both clamps and I'm done.

I like it because I can move around in the van without the straps in my way, that was the main reason for getting it.
Yea that's my thought. I purchased a medium roof Transit and I'm having a hard time configuring everything. Right now it's only carrying one bike but that will change soon when my son is old enough. Of course I want to be capable of hauling 2 more full size bikes if needed.
Dtat720
3/21/2017 8:52am
hvaughn88 wrote:
... patiently waiting for mxmounts guy to come in with his lack of shame
No kidding right?!!!! I can make his system at my shop in about 20 minutes for less than $20
MXD
3/21/2017 8:55am
Are they easy to remove from the trailer? I love the concept but I can't have these things in the floor where my beds fold down or in the high traffic areas.
NoahSuthy99
3/21/2017 8:59am
Dtat720 wrote:
No kidding right?!!!! I can make his system at my shop in about 20 minutes for less than $20
Trust me, you can't.
NoahSuthy99
3/21/2017 9:01am
MXD wrote:
Are they easy to remove from the trailer? I love the concept but I can't have these things in the floor where my beds fold down...
Are they easy to remove from the trailer? I love the concept but I can't have these things in the floor where my beds fold down or in the high traffic areas.
Yes, they are super easily removed. There is two little flat plates that stay mounted in your trailer that the stand screws into with 4 easily removeable screws that you take out with your hands. take me out and put them back in within a matter of 30 seconds
hvaughn88
3/21/2017 9:06am
Dtat720 wrote:
Trust me, you can't.
he's not talking about the risk racing one.
Dtat720
3/21/2017 10:22am
Dtat720 wrote:
Trust me, you can't.
You havent seen my shop.....
3/21/2017 10:31am
Got a pair & had no problems at all. Can't stand having bikes stacked against one another so that's why we got this system.
Tuzzo123
3/21/2017 11:20am
Tie downs bro
I have 3 of them, you can put the bikes side panel to side panel with the bars staggered. Best thing I've used to load bikes. Never move, never come unclamped, the only thing that needs improvement is the Knobs that attach the Units to the plates. Plastic Knob can break if you crank them down. A bit expensive but worth their weight in gold in my opinion. Screw tie downs!
Tuzzo123
3/21/2017 11:25am

Clean and neat, and if you use pad locks pretty secure.
3/21/2017 11:47am
I was kicking the idea around for a long time and i finaly bought one and i love it. Just make sure your floor is accesible from underneeth. The mount plates need to be through bolted. I had to buy longer bolts to get through the floor in my toy hauler but other then that there awesome.
pbody
Fantasy
347th
3/21/2017 12:48pm
I was kicking the idea around for a long time and i finaly bought one and i love it. Just make sure your floor is accesible...
I was kicking the idea around for a long time and i finaly bought one and i love it. Just make sure your floor is accesible from underneeth. The mount plates need to be through bolted. I had to buy longer bolts to get through the floor in my toy hauler but other then that there awesome.
Been thinking about these and was wondering how'd they work in my toyhauler. Want to be able to remove them when not in use, and based on NoahSuthy99's feedback, easy enough. But then what about the holes in your floor? Throw a rug over them? Create some type of silicon plug?
NoahSuthy99
3/21/2017 1:12pm
I was kicking the idea around for a long time and i finaly bought one and i love it. Just make sure your floor is accesible...
pbody wrote:
Been thinking about these and was wondering how'd they work in my toyhauler. Want to be able to remove them when not in use, and based...
Been thinking about these and was wondering how'd they work in my toyhauler. Want to be able to remove them when not in use, and based on NoahSuthy99's feedback, easy enough. But then what about the holes in your floor? Throw a rug over them? Create some type of silicon plug?
there are flat plates that stay in your trailer. all you have to do is then put the stand onto it with the screws. like i said, takes 5 seconds, you do it with your fingers. with the stand not in there, you won't even notice the plates are even there.
nate1001
3/21/2017 1:28pm

I have 2 in my van and I love them. Bikes don't move and don't have to climb over the front to get straps to the handlebars when putting in second bike.

Post a reply to: risk Racing lock n load anyone use it?

The Latest