re-watching Blake Baggett's 2012 title run

TommyZ
Edited Date/Time 8/28/2014 5:44am
I started off with Hangtown 250 moto #1 and I couldn't find a green bike with #4 anywhere.

It was a Homer Simpson D'Oh moment when the announcer mentioned Blake on the #12.

I'm 66 years old, I guess this is expected now !

Moto'd till my mid 50's
|
Markee
Fantasy
1890th
8/27/2014 12:10pm
Was a very exciting year, I've watched a few times myself.
CarlinoJoeVideo
Fantasy
2339th
8/27/2014 1:51pm
If you haven't seen "The Great Ourdoors, TEN." It's an awesome video recapping that whole season. 450 and 250.
TDeath21
8/27/2014 9:16pm
He was great that season, but I honestly think the Baggett of 2012 would have finished 3rd in the 2013 championship. The jump Tomac and especially Roczen made that year was incredible.
visser62
8/27/2014 10:33pm
Blake in 2012 was one of the greatest outdoor riders I have ever seen.

The Shop

8/27/2014 11:10pm
TDeath21 wrote:
He was great that season, but I honestly think the Baggett of 2012 would have finished 3rd in the 2013 championship. The jump Tomac and especially...
He was great that season, but I honestly think the Baggett of 2012 would have finished 3rd in the 2013 championship. The jump Tomac and especially Roczen made that year was incredible.
I strongly disagree. There were some races you could see he was riding conservative for the championship (whether that was intentional or not I don't know). But his title rides and some of his 2011 ones are what made me a fan.

Baggett this year the races he was on it, he would turn up the pace the same time as he usually does. His times would be fastest on track at that time of the race and rival the best lap times of the race all together. But back in 2012 and 2011 when he wicked it up he was like 2 seconds sometimes 3 faster than the fastest lap of the race. 5+ seconds faster than anyone on the track at that lap. Truly incredible. If you think I am exaggerating, go re watch them.

This year I believe Martin took advantage of an incredible bike combined with his ability rose to be a champion. But I truly believe Blake's Kawasaki had nothing for the Yamaha this year. I was watching the last moto of the year. For example in the split section, second half the race he was doing it faster than anyone. avoiding the drop in hole at the end of it and just railing. Each part of the track he was dissecting and missing bumps etc. Than they would put Martin on the screen, hitting every hole, pointing and shooting at times. But that Yamaha power would not be denied.

I apologies if it sounds like I am taking away from Jmart. That guy earnt the title fair and square. Just making a point of my observations of the bike differences.
8/27/2014 11:12pm Edited Date/Time 8/27/2014 11:15pm
TDeath21 wrote:
He was great that season, but I honestly think the Baggett of 2012 would have finished 3rd in the 2013 championship. The jump Tomac and especially...
I don't think Tomac and Roczen got that much faster. In 2012 the top 5 at the end of the year was Baggett, Barcia, Tomac, Roczen and Musquin, in that order. Take Baggett (nowhere near recovered from his sx injury) and Barcia (moved to 450s) out of that list and you have the top 3 in 2013.
jeffro503
8/27/2014 11:16pm
visser62 wrote:
This ^^^

He had some moments in some of those races , in which he did things I didn't think were humanly possible on a bike. The speed he carried through certain parts of the track made everyone ( I mean everyone! ) look slow! Eli had some memorable psychotic rides as well!
IWreckALot
8/28/2014 5:31am
visser62 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
This ^^^ He had some moments in some of those races , in which he did things I didn't think were humanly possible on a bike...
This ^^^

He had some moments in some of those races , in which he did things I didn't think were humanly possible on a bike. The speed he carried through certain parts of the track made everyone ( I mean everyone! ) look slow! Eli had some memorable psychotic rides as well!
The corner that he blew up passing Barcia (can't remember the race) was probably the best cornering and certainly one of the best passes I've ever seen.
zook11
8/28/2014 5:44am
visser62 wrote:
jeffro503 wrote:
This ^^^ He had some moments in some of those races , in which he did things I didn't think were humanly possible on a bike...
This ^^^

IWreckALot wrote:
The corner that he blew up passing Barcia (can't remember the race) was probably the best cornering and certainly one of the best passes I've ever...
The corner that he blew up passing Barcia (can't remember the race) was probably the best cornering and certainly one of the best passes I've ever seen.
Millville. That was so unreal, that was the first thing I thought of when I seen this thread.

Post a reply to: re-watching Blake Baggett's 2012 title run

The Latest