pretty cool new graphics company

huck
4/13/2010 1:43pm
SUCK IT....
DanDunes818
4/13/2010 1:47pm
What is it w/Graphics company's these days? What happened to basic? I guess i'm not the market they're after but most of the Graphics out there (this company included but not just this company) look like someone ate a box of skittles and puked them all up on the bike. I guess it fits the skittle puke gear they make now too.

I'm probably just getting old I guess.

The Shop

aaron464
4/13/2010 1:50pm
well ya know a lot of it is you can go anywhere u want and get a blue set of graphics with a white stripe and your number on it, i think people are trying to do something different i agree i think all company's should have both styles to choose from.. because i like a cleaner looking bike
huck
4/13/2010 1:54pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:06pm
aaron464 wrote:
go huck yourself off a cliff
Did you sign up to post spam for the company you work for?

Or.....are you just that pumped that in a town of 6,000 people...you just "landed" a sponsorship from a local company? Wow, what a great accomplishment!!!

Also dipshit, learn how to post links that work...

DownSouth
4/13/2010 1:56pm
Random thoughts about the MX graphic business.

Is there any money to made in graphics at this point if you are not One, N-Style or Decal Works? It seems like there are so many other smaller companies fighting for the same small market that it might be tough.

Has the equipment to do custom graphics come down to the point cost wise where you will not be out too much money if you make a go at it and it is not profitable?

Are some of these outfits sign companies that are getting into this on the side?

aaron464
4/13/2010 1:57pm Edited Date/Time 4/13/2010 1:58pm
well its rare to find someone that will help u out and be a nice person, most people out there are a lot like yourself so if i can return a favor i will.. something u know nothing about do you? you wont get far with an attitude like that my friend (this was for huck the hard ass)
Localsteez
4/13/2010 2:00pm
DownSouth wrote:
Random thoughts about the MX graphic business. Is there any money to made in graphics at this point if you are not One, N-Style or Decal...

Is there any money to made in graphics at this point if you are not One, N-Style or Decal Works? It seems like there are so many other smaller companies fighting for the same small market that it might be tough.

Has the equipment to do custom graphics come down to the point cost wise where you will not be out too much money if you make a go at it and it is not profitable?

Are some of these outfits sign companies that are getting into this on the side?

There isn't much money in the MX Graphics.
Tiki
Fantasy
1695th
4/13/2010 2:21pm
DownSouth wrote:
Random thoughts about the MX graphic business. Is there any money to made in graphics at this point if you are not One, N-Style or Decal...

Honestly with the equipment it takes to make MX graphics, you can make a lot more money elsewhere. Point of purchase, Vehicle Wraps, General signage. Auto signs. The machines that output that work are capable of way more. MX graphics are like turning the machine on.

That said, the mark up on the MX graphics is pretty large. Since the market established the prices some time ago, that has been the baseline. So everyone is trying to pay off their equipment as soon as possible. As far as being a product based business in MX, that is entry level. You could probably get by with a loan for $20,000 buying relatively new used equipment. Sell approx 300 graphic sets for $70 and the loan is paid for.
motogeezer
4/13/2010 2:25pm
What is it w/Graphics company's these days? What happened to basic? I guess i'm not the market they're after but most of the Graphics out there...
What is it w/Graphics company's these days? What happened to basic? I guess i'm not the market they're after but most of the Graphics out there (this company included but not just this company) look like someone ate a box of skittles and puked them all up on the bike. I guess it fits the skittle puke gear they make now too.

I'm probably just getting old I guess.
This one belongs to a member here:

If you figure out who's it is, don't tell him I posted it.Whistling
Localsteez
4/13/2010 2:33pm
DownSouth wrote:

Tiki wrote:
Honestly with the equipment it takes to make MX graphics, you can make a lot more money elsewhere. Point of purchase, Vehicle Wraps, General signage. Auto...
Honestly with the equipment it takes to make MX graphics, you can make a lot more money elsewhere. Point of purchase, Vehicle Wraps, General signage. Auto signs. The machines that output that work are capable of way more. MX graphics are like turning the machine on.

That said, the mark up on the MX graphics is pretty large. Since the market established the prices some time ago, that has been the baseline. So everyone is trying to pay off their equipment as soon as possible. As far as being a product based business in MX, that is entry level. You could probably get by with a loan for $20,000 buying relatively new used equipment. Sell approx 300 graphic sets for $70 and the loan is paid for.
In a perfect worldWink
englishman
4/13/2010 2:34pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 10:06pm
DownSouth wrote:

No there isn't any money in it. Some of the prices I hear quoted are from guys that aren't even breaking even they are just so cluless they don't know that because they don't know how to run thier numbers correctly.

A decent print & cut printer will set you back $20K + and a laminator $5K +, that's brand new.

Yes they are.
Localsteez
4/13/2010 2:36pm
And MX graphics are by far the hardest product to produce even to Vehicle Wraps, the most expensive to produce, and for the least profit margin.
englishman
4/13/2010 2:38pm
Localsteez wrote:
And MX graphics are by far the hardest product to produce even to Vehicle Wraps, the most expensive to produce, and for the least profit margin.
Amen

Post a reply to: pretty cool new graphics company

The Latest