practice faciility MTF or GPF

juanchi151
Edited Date/Time 2/1/2015 10:22am
hi i was wondeering what practice facility do you think is better.
i would like to go to MTF or GPF what do you think.
|
ktm212
1/29/2015 10:28am
you've gotta look into it harder, they're two completely different styles of facilities.
AB#81
1/29/2015 12:28pm
ktm212 wrote:
you've gotta look into it harder, they're two completely different styles of facilities.
exactly what he's doing here, he's looking opinions on both...
gharmon
1/29/2015 12:54pm
juanchi151 wrote:
There is also SOB (South Of the Border) in South Carolina that I have seen a bunch of guys talking about recently. I know they are quite a bit cheaper. I also think Zach Osboune has a livin-in facility as well, right guys?
gharmon
1/29/2015 1:00pm
ktm212 wrote:
How are they different? I thought they were both MX training compounds? Granted GPF hasn't spit out a lot of high profile racers recently? Also, MTF doesn't seem to have the representation that they once did. We go to a lot of races here in the southeast and the pits would be full of really fast MTF guys. I haven't seen that many this past year. Heck, even at little sat night races you used to see a couple show up. They were all over the GA races. I mean you still see them but not nearly as often as you used to.

The Shop

Renner153
Fantasy
3578th
1/29/2015 1:12pm
juanchi151 wrote:
I would check into the MOTOX Compound. Matt Walker seems to be doing the right thing and is in GA also.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
1/29/2015 1:21pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2015 1:23pm
There are two ways to utilize a training facility. You can rent a camper lot and live and ride there. Maybe use their gym and road bike ON YOUR OWN, and be your own trainer/pusher. OR you can go and pay to be part of a program with nutrition, training, exercise and coaching all built in. Moto facilities offer both. You need to decide what you want, and then decide how much you want to spend. I think club is $1500+ a month for the whole training package.

I've ridden at GPF and know Ray Woods. They're all great people there, and it's an awesome facility. Can't go wrong spending some time there riding!
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
1/29/2015 1:33pm
Not having a shot here but how many professional national champions have come out of MTF?

It seems like all the hot young amateurs have been there and im sure dozens of LL titles can be attributed to training there, but how many big bike genuine nationals titles have they got?
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
1/29/2015 1:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/29/2015 1:42pm
haydos25 wrote:
Not having a shot here but how many professional national champions have come out of MTF? It seems like all the hot young amateurs have been...
Not having a shot here but how many professional national champions have come out of MTF?

It seems like all the hot young amateurs have been there and im sure dozens of LL titles can be attributed to training there, but how many big bike genuine nationals titles have they got?
The training faculty doesn't cultivate champions. The championship quality riders just happen to train at place A, B, or C.

MTF was big back in the day because they were kinda one of a kind. SOB, Club, GPF, etc make it so the top 10 guys in amateurs don't all go to MTF any more
haydos25
Fantasy
3325th
1/29/2015 1:53pm
MxKing809 wrote:
The training faculty doesn't cultivate champions. The championship quality riders just happen to train at place A, B, or C. MTF was big back in the...
The training faculty doesn't cultivate champions. The championship quality riders just happen to train at place A, B, or C.

MTF was big back in the day because they were kinda one of a kind. SOB, Club, GPF, etc make it so the top 10 guys in amateurs don't all go to MTF any more
Yeh i understand the idea behind it and for young kids wanting to improve i can see the benefit.

My question was more angling towards the live in kids at any and all of the facilities, not just MTF. The ones based there practically 12 months a year, home schooled, living and breathing MX from the time they were on 65's all the way through to the pro ranks. How many of them have gone on to win pro titles.

In recent times guys like Martin, Webb, Tomac, Canard, Dungey. Correct me if im wrong but these guys weren't ever really classed as training facility kids as amateurs, sure they probably spent time here and there but weren't really based at these places for extended periods.
juanchi151
1/29/2015 5:13pm
i am 18 and i am a C class rider. i am from Argentina and i am planning a trip to USA to train a hole year but i don´t know where to go. i believe club mx don´t care of C class riders, they are all A or B riders. motoxcompound seems good as well but i believe there is only one coach for all the riders
loftyair
1/29/2015 6:04pm
So cal, Texas, or Florida. I know in cali there are 10 tracks within 2 hours of eachother. You can also take your pick of like 15 different trainers.
Grizz
1/29/2015 6:14pm
JWTFMX
Grizz
1/29/2015 6:16pm
juanchi151 wrote:
i am 18 and i am a C class rider. i am from Argentina and i am planning a trip to USA to train a hole...
i am 18 and i am a C class rider. i am from Argentina and i am planning a trip to USA to train a hole year but i don´t know where to go. i believe club mx don´t care of C class riders, they are all A or B riders. motoxcompound seems good as well but i believe there is only one coach for all the riders
If you are 18 and a C rider, don't go to a training facility. Just ride and get better.
gharmon
1/29/2015 6:22pm
Shit man, don't tell him that. He gonna stay a whole year. Lord knows our economy could use his money.
yz763
1/29/2015 7:41pm
MxKing809 wrote:
The training faculty doesn't cultivate champions. The championship quality riders just happen to train at place A, B, or C. MTF was big back in the...

GPF has been around a lot longer than MTF. GPF was a pro's only joint. A big falling out with a GPF partner resulted in the assembly of MTF. I heard it was a pretty shady deal.
1/29/2015 7:53pm
MxKing809 wrote:

yz763 wrote:
GPF has been around a lot longer than MTF. GPF was a pro's only joint. A big falling out with a GPF partner resulted in the...
GPF has been around a lot longer than MTF. GPF was a pro's only joint. A big falling out with a GPF partner resulted in the assembly of MTF. I heard it was a pretty shady deal.
I always thought it was weird how both facilities are located right next to each other.

bigborefan
1/29/2015 8:05pm
juanchi151 wrote:
i am 18 and i am a C class rider. i am from Argentina and i am planning a trip to USA to train a hole...
Grizz wrote:
If you are 18 and a C rider, don't go to a training facility. Just ride and get better.
Depends on what his goals are. He should learn the basics correctly.
Skippie
1/29/2015 8:09pm
bigborefan wrote:
Depends on what his goals are. He should learn the basics correctly.
You don't need to spend thousands at a facility to learn the basics. These training facilities are generally for kids who want to make this a career and go pro. If he's an 18 year old C rider ( not even a Cali C rider) sorry but you've missed the boat.
bigborefan
1/29/2015 11:17pm
I'd just hire Shane Watts. Get those incredible bike handling skills down, then go moto.
1/30/2015 4:43am
Old Mate wrote:
Come to MITF, Australia.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/29/78607/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/29/78608/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Come to MITF, Australia.

How's Caleb going there? Last time I rode with him in Bunbury he was crazy fast, heard you guys have made him even quicker. Blink
mx965
1/30/2015 5:03am
ktm212 wrote:
gharmon wrote:
How are they different? I thought they were both MX training compounds? Granted GPF hasn't spit out a lot of high profile racers recently? Also, MTF...
How are they different? I thought they were both MX training compounds? Granted GPF hasn't spit out a lot of high profile racers recently? Also, MTF doesn't seem to have the representation that they once did. We go to a lot of races here in the southeast and the pits would be full of really fast MTF guys. I haven't seen that many this past year. Heck, even at little sat night races you used to see a couple show up. They were all over the GA races. I mean you still see them but not nearly as often as you used to.
Are you in ANY type of way involved in this sport??
GPF:
Mitchell harrison
Tristan charb
Jesse pierce
Jalek swoll
Chase bell
They also have pros that stay there as well...
gharmon
1/30/2015 5:56am
Not other than we go to the races here in the southeast a good bit and have on and off for the last ten years? You just named 5 guys. I seen Harrison at several races this year. I saw a couple of the others at a Ga race. What I'm saying is back in 04,05,06 you would see that many MTF guys at a Bremen (GA) sat night race. Now you have to go to the larger races to maybe see one of those guys.

It may be nothing more than just the economy has taken its toll. Those same sat night Bremen races used to pull in 200-250 racers. The last one we attended this year may of had 50-60 racers. I meant no disrespect to those places, just mentioned I didn't see them represented as well as they used to be.
Old Mate
1/30/2015 5:41pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2015 5:43pm
2nd in the world 85cc and won the sx at mini o. Meg heading back to try to improve on 2nd in the world Women's.
Old Mate
1/30/2015 5:43pm
Old Mate wrote:
Come to MITF, Australia.[img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/29/78607/s1200_image.jpg[/img] [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2015/01/29/78608/s1200_image.jpg[/img]
Come to MITF, Australia.

How's Caleb going there? Last time I rode with him in Bunbury he was crazy fast, heard you guys have made him even quicker. Blink
1/30/2015 5:51pm
matt walker got my son from c class to top 10 b class rider in a hurry just training part time.he is the real deal,kids just seem to understand what he is telling them.
yak651
Fantasy
214th
1/30/2015 6:39pm
Old Mate wrote:
Come to MITF, Australia.

Always wanted to visit Australia, this would just be icing on the cake! Do you train slow vet riders?? Smile
Camp332
1/30/2015 8:09pm
juanchi151 wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Or get a lot better by riding at a training facility for a whole year.

Don't douche out on the kid, Bro.
Cygnus
1/30/2015 8:20pm
juanchi151 wrote:
Grizz wrote:
Camp332 wrote:
Or get a lot better by riding at a training facility for a whole year.

Don't douche out on the kid, Bro.
No shit. A year here and he could go back and clean up on the money classes back home if he has the drive to make it!

Post a reply to: practice faciility MTF or GPF

The Latest