place to stay in san diego

bmach
1/30/2014 4:11pm Edited Date/Time 2/1/2014 10:35am
Im looking into getting a hotel for san diego sx, but its not looking like there are many hotels around the stadium. Does anyone have any ideas on where to stay in the area that will have bars around for after the races? any info would be greatly appreciated.
|
NITRODOG
Fantasy
1476th
1/30/2014 5:15pm
Lots of places in mission valley..just south of the stadium, all along Interstate 8...minutes from the stadium
Sully
1/30/2014 5:17pm
bmach wrote:
Im looking into getting a hotel for san diego sx, but its not looking like there are many hotels around the stadium. Does anyone have any...
Im looking into getting a hotel for san diego sx, but its not looking like there are many hotels around the stadium. Does anyone have any ideas on where to stay in the area that will have bars around for after the races? any info would be greatly appreciated.
If you're looking for bars after the races, stay downtown. You should be able to pick up the trolley to take you to the races, so you won't have to deal with traffic.
1/30/2014 5:27pm
bmach wrote:
Im looking into getting a hotel for san diego sx, but its not looking like there are many hotels around the stadium. Does anyone have any...
Sully wrote:
If you're looking for bars after the races, stay downtown. You should be able to pick up the trolley to take you to the races, so...
If you're looking for bars after the races, stay downtown. You should be able to pick up the trolley to take you to the races, so you won't have to deal with traffic.
This. Gaslamp has some awesome bars. There are lots of hotels along 8 but they aren't too nice and you'd probably have to drive and park still. Downtown is only a few minutes further and the bars will be way better.
bvm111
1/30/2014 5:37pm
This. Gaslamp has some awesome bars. There are lots of hotels along 8 but they aren't too nice and you'd probably have to drive and park...
This. Gaslamp has some awesome bars. There are lots of hotels along 8 but they aren't too nice and you'd probably have to drive and park still. Downtown is only a few minutes further and the bars will be way better.
X1000..... Stay in the gas lamp district down town, plenty of hotels and that's where you will want to be after for the bar scene.... Believe us you won't be disappointed!

The Shop

bmach
1/30/2014 5:48pm Edited Date/Time 1/30/2014 5:57pm
thanks for the info.. Im stayin in the gas lamp district friday was just hoping to find one I can walk to stadium from or take a taxi for cheap... maybe ill just extend my stay at the hotel im at friday... Ill be bringing three fresh marines to their first sx race too.
bvm111
1/30/2014 6:20pm
bmach wrote:
thanks for the info.. Im stayin in the gas lamp district friday was just hoping to find one I can walk to stadium from or take...
thanks for the info.. Im stayin in the gas lamp district friday was just hoping to find one I can walk to stadium from or take a taxi for cheap... maybe ill just extend my stay at the hotel im at friday... Ill be bringing three fresh marines to their first sx race too.
Uh oh.... Baby devil dawgs!!!

Don't let them get out of hand.... Smile

You guys are going to have a blast, San Diego is one of my favorite towns to go to and have had a blast there, add in SX and I am way jealous. I missed going to a Phoenix and Oakland this year. almost was going to make San Diego work so my last chance is Seattle and Vegas!

Have fun, tell the guys congratulations on making it through recruit training and good luck in their future in the Corp. I am just an army puke but 23 years ago I was in their position and don't regret a thing!
bmach
1/30/2014 6:46pm
Haha yea ill see what I can do about that. I just moved to phoneix from Illinois last week, missed supercross by a week or so. I usually went to StL and Indy, but this is the only one I can make this year. Thanks and will do.
vetmxr
1/30/2014 6:47pm
We just got home from San Diego and we stayed at the Hilton on Harbor Island Drive, (this is important because there are a few Hiltons around the area). It was nice, relatively secluded and reasonable for us at $150.00 per night. Everything in San Diego is easy and relatively quick to get to so anywhere should be good. We enjoyed our stay there.
Socket946
1/30/2014 6:50pm
Sully wrote:
If you're looking for bars after the races, stay downtown. You should be able to pick up the trolley to take you to the races, so...
THIS.

Downtown is legit...don't mess with the homeless though...
bvm111
1/30/2014 7:07pm
bmach wrote:
Haha yea ill see what I can do about that. I just moved to phoneix from Illinois last week, missed supercross by a week or so...
Haha yea ill see what I can do about that. I just moved to phoneix from Illinois last week, missed supercross by a week or so. I usually went to StL and Indy, but this is the only one I can make this year. Thanks and will do.
Oh sweet... I grew a up in Fountain Hills and Scottsdale! All my friends and family still live there and I try to get home a few times year. Looks like I might get transferred to vegas soon and I will be down a lot more to hit canyon raceway since it's only 4.5 hours drive!
dirthead1
1/30/2014 8:06pm
Stay at the Catamaran in Pacific Beach. Rates in the winter are like one third what they normally are in the summer. Lots of bars in the immediate area there and one of the best views around if staying in the tower.

I hate downtown and all the lame ass lounges and tools down there. The weekends are when all the broke dick clowns spend their entire pay checks going out and acting all cool. Downtown San Diego is passe.
Sully
1/30/2014 8:14pm
dirthead1 wrote:
Stay at the Catamaran in Pacific Beach. Rates in the winter are like one third what they normally are in the summer. Lots of bars in...
Stay at the Catamaran in Pacific Beach. Rates in the winter are like one third what they normally are in the summer. Lots of bars in the immediate area there and one of the best views around if staying in the tower.

I hate downtown and all the lame ass lounges and tools down there. The weekends are when all the broke dick clowns spend their entire pay checks going out and acting all cool. Downtown San Diego is passe.
The sculpted beard fucks wearing sunglasses at night, and the frat douches in PB aren't much better.

And bmach, buy your Marines some T-shirts, and smack 'em if they tuck them in...tucked in polo shirts are for liberty ports, not home turf! Laughing
dirthead1
1/30/2014 8:20pm
dirthead1 wrote:
Stay at the Catamaran in Pacific Beach. Rates in the winter are like one third what they normally are in the summer. Lots of bars in...

Sully wrote:
The sculpted beard fucks wearing sunglasses at night, and the frat douches in PB aren't much better. And bmach, buy your Marines some T-shirts, and smack...
The sculpted beard fucks wearing sunglasses at night, and the frat douches in PB aren't much better.

And bmach, buy your Marines some T-shirts, and smack 'em if they tuck them in...tucked in polo shirts are for liberty ports, not home turf! Laughing
At least you have a choice in PB who you get to hang out with. I can make a list of places that isn't hipster or frat fags. Or run up to Birdrock. But Downtown is all tools from Mira Mesa and Chula Vista all weekend long. Trust me I lived down there for years and am born and raised SD.
AZ35
Fantasy
489th
1/30/2014 8:20pm
Downtown, old town, or wherever you stay- just make sure you have a hotel near the trolley/ rail line that runs right to the south exit of the stadium.

Don't screw with parking and traffic bullshit, even right after the race is over the crowd to jump on the trains is nothing like the crowds to exit the parking lot. Plus you can have a few drinks and not worry about driving. Get a day pass and you can go watch practice, run back to the hotel for a quickie and dinner, then be back at the stadium in minutes.

I have made the SD trip probably 15 times in the past 33 years, a few years ago I tried the train and will never drive to the stadium again.
dirthead1
1/30/2014 8:22pm
AZ35 wrote:
Downtown, old town, or wherever you stay- just make sure you have a hotel near the trolley/ rail line that runs right to the south exit...
Downtown, old town, or wherever you stay- just make sure you have a hotel near the trolley/ rail line that runs right to the south exit of the stadium.

Don't screw with parking and traffic bullshit, even right after the race is over the crowd to jump on the trains is nothing like the crowds to exit the parking lot. Plus you can have a few drinks and not worry about driving. Get a day pass and you can go watch practice, run back to the hotel for a quickie and dinner, then be back at the stadium in minutes.

I have made the SD trip probably 15 times in the past 33 years, a few years ago I tried the train and will never drive to the stadium again.
Great ideas here. The stadium here really couldn't be any easier to get it done.
Sully
1/30/2014 8:33pm
dirthead1 wrote:
At least you have a choice in PB who you get to hang out with. I can make a list of places that isn't hipster or...
At least you have a choice in PB who you get to hang out with. I can make a list of places that isn't hipster or frat fags. Or run up to Birdrock. But Downtown is all tools from Mira Mesa and Chula Vista all weekend long. Trust me I lived down there for years and am born and raised SD.
Oh, now that's a low blow...I'm a tool from Mira Mesa!UnsureGrinning
dirthead1
1/30/2014 8:36pm
Sorry, man. It is what it is.
Sully
1/30/2014 8:40pm
dirthead1 wrote:
Sorry, man. It is what it is.
Shit, I grew up there, but I wouldn't move back there if you paid me. I love San Diego, and can't wait to move back, but Mira Mesa isn't the place it used to be when I lived there.
BAMX
1/30/2014 8:55pm
dirthead1 wrote:

This....Take a walk down the boardwalk. If you are lucky, you may get a Slo Mo Man sighting. Plus, plenty of good scenery in the area. Grab a beer at Lahaina Beach House.
brandonm
1/31/2014 12:35am
bmach wrote:
thanks for the info.. Im stayin in the gas lamp district friday was just hoping to find one I can walk to stadium from or take...
Trolleys!!
motoxxx599
Fantasy
1009th
1/31/2014 6:25am
I flew to the San Diego SX from Dallas for the BTO VIP Experience last year and stayed at the Tower 23 Hotel on the beach. Its a little pricy but a top notch place. They have a bar/restaurant downstairs packed with "10"s on Friday and Saturday night and the food was really good as well.
ibmeubu
1/31/2014 8:57am
I live in SD. The only bars around the stadium are mostly dive bars. The San Diego Brewing Company isn't very far east from the stadium and it has a great selection of beers and good food.

I'm not a fan of downtown personally, I know a lot of people like the gas lamp but it's not my scene. there are some nice bars and restaurants. plenty of clubs, if you're into that.

I like to go to Pacific Beach if i'm in the mood for bars. Specifically, Garnet Ave is basically a bar every other door plus the beach is right there. Some bars are right on the beach just feet from the boardwalk.

Off I-8 has a place called Hotel Circle. Google it. It's just a few miles east of the stadium.
burnside
1/31/2014 11:31am
Ahhhhhhhh. I miss San Diego.
burnside
1/31/2014 11:39am
Visit the Top Gun bar ... not as touristy as you'd imagine. Infact its a dive! haha
nc_mx_kid
1/31/2014 2:03pm
bmach wrote:
use the trolley, goes directly to stadium. you don't want to drive to the stadium as it SUCKS getting outta there via car.
jstein639
1/31/2014 2:45pm
I live down here. It depends on your age. Pacific beach is the college bars and downtown has more clubs. Downtown I used to work at the courtyard marriott and it's fairly centrally located. The omni is the best but uber expensive. You can take the trolley directly to Qualcomm from downtown.
bdlcks
1/31/2014 3:09pm
I stayed DT at the declan suites for 99.00/night a night a few weeks ago and was happy with the room. The room was big had a nice bed, and the tv had HDMI inputs for free Swedish Erotica from my PC but the room was a tad scuffed up. Also its just a few minutes walk from gaslamp. Cant go wrong!
www.declansuitessandiego.com
2/1/2014 9:15am
I did some Googling for you and saw a Marriott about 1.5 miles down Friars Road. That'd be a long drunk walk but it's doable and then you wouldn't have to drive nor trolley it. It got good ratings too. Not too many bars around there though, at least nothing too exciting.
P-Nut
2/1/2014 10:29am
If in PB, hit up a little mexican stand called Ramiro's....it looks
dirty, but they have some pretty damn good burritos...
bmach
2/1/2014 10:35am
I did some Googling for you and saw a Marriott about 1.5 miles down Friars Road. That'd be a long drunk walk but it's doable and...
I did some Googling for you and saw a Marriott about 1.5 miles down Friars Road. That'd be a long drunk walk but it's doable and then you wouldn't have to drive nor trolley it. It got good ratings too. Not too many bars around there though, at least nothing too exciting.
Thanks for all the input guys and CrispBRAAP! I did actually see that one and one a little further away just didnt figure it would be worth staying there. I went a head and just booked another night at the Westin in gaslamp and am going to look into just taking the trolley to the races.

Post a reply to: place to stay in san diego

The Latest