peelout GoPro offroad vids

peelout
5/30/2013 11:08am Edited Date/Time 6/6/2013 11:41am
check it. not too exciting or race pace footage, but still pretty cool. a couple videos with a tough tech climb, and some sweet single-track. my kinda shit.

obviously video is really hard to get the steepness or technicality, but you get the point.

also, thanks to those who replied to my question about editing software. i used MovieMaker, it was pretty easy for my first videos.

enjoy, BROs

https://youtu.be/DzZ19K_y4Og

https://youtu.be/cHvmBfngU-w

|
trip338
5/30/2013 11:16am
I came here just to talk shit about you not posting a chica in your thread, guess I should of known better..
disbanded
Fantasy
1842nd
5/30/2013 11:24am
How do you fit all that hair in your helmet?
slipdog
5/30/2013 11:35am
The video doesn't necessarily show the elevation change, but I could tell you were climbing hills by the sound of the motor.

My 19 month old son took the iPad and watched the whole thing with his nose on your visor. These videos are now officially Hayden approved!

The Shop

smoker
5/30/2013 11:41am
I can't get the third one to play?
Rewindcaz
Fantasy
3092nd
5/30/2013 11:46am Edited Date/Time 5/30/2013 11:47am
I'm from PC and have ridden at Jericho many times, good stuff!
Titan1
5/30/2013 12:12pm
Peelout..

You'll recognize this trail then...This is from round 6 of the NHHA desert series. On this one when you get to the steepest part of the hill climb...you can see a guy hiking up the hill and it gives a good impression of how steep the dang thing is.

https://youtu.be/2NhpAV5PLnw
peelout
5/30/2013 12:29pm Edited Date/Time 5/30/2013 12:30pm
yeah buddy, i was wondering why it was so tore up. my video doesn't show it very well, but that hill was beat up like Rhianna after a couple shots of whiskey.

never knew the name of the climb, now i do Smile
Titan1
5/30/2013 12:38pm
peelout wrote:
yeah buddy, i was wondering why it was so tore up. my video doesn't show it very well, but that hill was beat up like Rhianna...
yeah buddy, i was wondering why it was so tore up. my video doesn't show it very well, but that hill was beat up like Rhianna after a couple shots of whiskey.

never knew the name of the climb, now i do Smile
I was surprised they raced that trail UP (we've raced down it a bunch of times)...it was bottleneck city when the 150+ novice riders finally got to it, lol...anyway, that race was full of technical climbs like that...and racing 300 dudes up them just makes them more technical.

And yes, that would be Chicken Rock.
scooterB
5/30/2013 1:02pm
this thread delivers. i got excited when you got to the top of that bitch
Outsider
5/30/2013 1:05pm
Looks fun man! Bike sounds like a freakin tractor
MT MX
5/30/2013 3:01pm
Rad video's Garet.
I do alot of those single track trails up here in Montana. Actually, all I do is ride trails anymore for that matter.
Anyways, it kind of puts it into perspective for those that haven't ever riden trails, especially those technical, off-camber hills with all that loose shit on top. It isn't as easy as it seems. Anyways thanks for posting.
I've always thought about getting a Go-Pro just to film some of the better trailrides I've been on. Never got around to it though.
Looks like you were riding by yourself. Do you do that much? I get ALOT of shit for riding alone.
LappedU
5/30/2013 3:04pm
Great video Peelout! looked slick!
Mr. Ted
Fantasy
1673rd
5/30/2013 3:05pm
three hundy, Peelout? Nice ride, btw.
peelout
5/30/2013 3:23pm
MT MX wrote:
Rad video's Garet. I do alot of those single track trails up here in Montana. Actually, all I do is ride trails anymore for that matter...
Rad video's Garet.
I do alot of those single track trails up here in Montana. Actually, all I do is ride trails anymore for that matter.
Anyways, it kind of puts it into perspective for those that haven't ever riden trails, especially those technical, off-camber hills with all that loose shit on top. It isn't as easy as it seems. Anyways thanks for posting.
I've always thought about getting a Go-Pro just to film some of the better trailrides I've been on. Never got around to it though.
Looks like you were riding by yourself. Do you do that much? I get ALOT of shit for riding alone.
thanks man, i actually had 4 guys behind me but the dust was so bad that you can't hear them because each guy had to hang back quite a ways to stay out of the dust.

trail riding is actually why i went with the 300 two-stroke, it's fun on the track but it really shines on the trail. the thing can climb anything and i don't have to be on the clutch and wringing it out, i can just lug it along.

thanks for all the comments, never know what you're gonna get around here
mgifracing
Fantasy
319th
5/30/2013 3:30pm
Cool vids Peely, You deserve a reward.
Utrider
Fantasy
1501st
5/30/2013 4:50pm
Ah Chicken Rock, what a fun climb. We were down there over Memorial Day weekend, spent a lot of time on Maple Peak (my favorite area). That place is such a great time, I figure there must be over a 1000 miles of trails down there.
Titan1
5/31/2013 8:16am
Utrider wrote:
Ah Chicken Rock, what a fun climb. We were down there over Memorial Day weekend, spent a lot of time on Maple Peak (my favorite area)...
Ah Chicken Rock, what a fun climb. We were down there over Memorial Day weekend, spent a lot of time on Maple Peak (my favorite area). That place is such a great time, I figure there must be over a 1000 miles of trails down there.
I love Maple Peak as well. That is where I always spend most of my time. Some amazingly fun single track around that mountain.

And I'll bet 1000 miles of trails is a conservative estimate...there is SO much riding in that area.

I love Cherry Creek/Jericho....
peelout
5/31/2013 8:22am
Utrider wrote:
Ah Chicken Rock, what a fun climb. We were down there over Memorial Day weekend, spent a lot of time on Maple Peak (my favorite area)...
Titan1 wrote:
I love Maple Peak as well. That is where I always spend most of my time. Some amazingly fun single track around that mountain. And I'll...
I love Maple Peak as well. That is where I always spend most of my time. Some amazingly fun single track around that mountain.

And I'll bet 1000 miles of trails is a conservative estimate...there is SO much riding in that area.

yep. i've been out of the competitive moto scene for a couple years and honestly just over riding as a whole. selling my CRF was the best thing that happened to me because i ended up getting my 300 and now i can't stop thinking about hitting a trail. it's even made me want to start hitting the track as well.

Cherry Creek is the bomb, i was thinking a Knolls day would be fun. anyone from UT interested?
Utrider
Fantasy
1501st
5/31/2013 8:22am
Utrider wrote:
Titan1 wrote:
I love Maple Peak as well. That is where I always spend most of my time. Some amazingly fun single track around that mountain. And I'll...

We should probably keep it to ourselves on second thought..............some folks may go hiking up there with their son and want to add to the chorus of closing it down!
FLmxer
Fantasy
989th
6/1/2013 8:55am
Dam hilly round there. Trails too. That looks so fun. The riding too. Really cool man.
jasonv43
6/1/2013 9:46am
What makes it even gnarlier is I'm sure he had Meg on the back of the bike. I think I even heard her moan a couple of times.Woohoo
YZ125H1
6/1/2013 9:46am
I thought you were on a 500 at first that 300 has a pretty mean bark to it. The video doesnt do that place justice that hill was really steep with loose rocks and dry dirt. Must be nice to have thousands of miles of trails where you live.
radialone
6/1/2013 10:59pm
Nice, good stuff man! Looks like fun...my kinda thing too.
Titan1
6/3/2013 11:16am
Utrider wrote:
Titan1 wrote:

peelout wrote:
yep. i've been out of the competitive moto scene for a couple years and honestly just over riding as a whole. selling my CRF was the...
yep. i've been out of the competitive moto scene for a couple years and honestly just over riding as a whole. selling my CRF was the best thing that happened to me because i ended up getting my 300 and now i can't stop thinking about hitting a trail. it's even made me want to start hitting the track as well.

Cherry Creek is the bomb, i was thinking a Knolls day would be fun. anyone from UT interested?
There is a hare and hound out at knolls this weekend, Peelout...

I'm off the bike for a while with my ribs, or I'd be racing this weekend...

I say next time it rains, we all bail on work, and go ride Cherry Creek...
Titan1
6/3/2013 11:19am
Utrider wrote:
Titan1 wrote:

Utrider wrote:
We should probably keep it to ourselves on second thought..............some folks may go hiking up there with their son and want to add to the chorus...
We should probably keep it to ourselves on second thought..............some folks may go hiking up there with their son and want to add to the chorus of closing it down!
Good point!

That place is threatened enough by the stupid sage grouse...we don't need any environmentalists to find out how cool it is.
peelout
6/3/2013 11:25am
Titan1 wrote:
Good point!

That place is threatened enough by the stupid sage grouse...we don't need any environmentalists to find out how cool it is.
speaking of...

our camp that we've been going to for the last couple years has some thatch-huts that some BYU professor teaches his students for survival. they're pretty awesome. the one time we were there, the professor came to show some of his students and stopped in our camp to talk. he was on a Suzuki DRZ and his students on bikes as well, that was pretty cool to see. nice guy
ocscottie
6/5/2013 1:31pm
Peely, check out this one from the guys at MotoSport, reminded me a bit of your vids, single track hauling!

Damn, just realized it is also from your homestate. Cool

Cody Schafer GoPro: Bullhollow

First person look at Bullhollow during the second round of the WEBE Racing Series with Cody Schafer as he races his way to a first place finish in the Pro Class.

Cody Schafer
2013 Motosport.com WEBE Racing Series
Round Two Monticello, Utah
June 2nd

Post a reply to: peelout GoPro offroad vids

The Latest