not again

Team Ideal
3/23/2015 6:52pm Edited Date/Time 3/24/2015 7:56am
3 Palms is reporting that a 23 year old rider lost their life at the facility today. They're not saying much else, such a bummer. RIP moto brother.
|
Hut
3/23/2015 6:54pm
Sad
hillbilly
3/23/2015 6:57pm
I've seen so many and since the net heard of so many that I'm numb to it.

Sad statement.
Pat
3/23/2015 6:58pm
Wow Sad rough couple weeks...
Crush
3/23/2015 7:01pm
Sheesh.... RIP

The Shop

imoto34
Fantasy
3151st
3/23/2015 7:12pm
RIP brother. Condolences to the family of the rider.
logan_140
3/23/2015 7:13pm
This is becoming a regular in our sport. Rip Moto brother. Something has to be done
jhansen510
Fantasy
3559th
3/23/2015 7:20pm
hillbilly wrote:
I've seen so many and since the net heard of so many that I'm numb to it.

Sad statement.
Agreed.
hillbilly
3/23/2015 7:23pm
logan_140 wrote:
This is becoming a regular in our sport. Rip Moto brother. Something has to be done
The only way to avoid it is to not get on the bike.

There is nothing to be done. A better helmet is all i ask for ,but even then,no matter what,some things are not survivable.

Damn shame the risk has to be so high for all the fun things.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
3/23/2015 7:26pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 7:32pm

2 riders in two weeks at that track.

Condolences and prayers for the riders family and loved ones
logan_140
3/23/2015 7:26pm
logan_140 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
The only way to avoid it is to not get on the bike. There is nothing to be done. A better helmet is all i ask...

There is nothing to be done. A better helmet is all i ask for ,but even then,no matter what,some things are not survivable.

i agree. Just think some things could be done. 2 people in one week is pretty crazy
hillbilly
3/23/2015 7:39pm
On the old freshdirt board a young member died from flatlanding and the sternum cut his aorta. And there were his last posts,going riding tomorrow or such. . There were others on a other board,proride I think it was.

Those were ruff ,early internet,for me anyway. Guess that's why I'm just numb to it now.
jeffro503
3/23/2015 7:42pm
Damn this has been a rough couple weeks for this sport. I'm kind of in the same boat Hillbilly is , and that's just that we hear so much about it now , that I've become partially numb to it. Very sad deal....RIP moto brother.
SEEMEFIRST
3/23/2015 7:51pm
KennyT wrote:

1 at Freestone, and 1 at 3 Palms is how I remember it.
hillbilly
3/23/2015 7:57pm
I accepted long ago that dying on a bike was a very high probability for me, and was fine with it.

After 2000 I had 2 young kids and continued to race ,more than I had at any time in my life.

But I never took them with me,ever. Oh,they came to a fair race once but it was easy. All LLs quali,regional and ranch I went alone,by myself. ,I did not want to die in front of them and leave that horror with them.

If any of you think " it wont happen to me,I ride safe or slow" you are fools, be prepared for that freak accident because all the ones I've seen were just that.
3/23/2015 7:58pm
Just heard from it on the Pulpmx show, now they're currrently having a long discussion about the safety with Emig & Windham.
Lots of sad sad news lately.. RIP
3/23/2015 8:04pm
hillbilly wrote:
I accepted long ago that dying on a bike was a very high probability for me, and was fine with it. After 2000 I had 2...
I accepted long ago that dying on a bike was a very high probability for me, and was fine with it.

After 2000 I had 2 young kids and continued to race ,more than I had at any time in my life.

But I never took them with me,ever. Oh,they came to a fair race once but it was easy. All LLs quali,regional and ranch I went alone,by myself. ,I did not want to die in front of them and leave that horror with them.

If any of you think " it wont happen to me,I ride safe or slow" you are fools, be prepared for that freak accident because all the ones I've seen were just that.
That's pretty crazy, but I understand it.

Your last paragraph is very important. To add though, if you think the reason is that these kids lack adequate skill, you're also a fool.

Prayers for the family and friends.
Redrcr34
3/23/2015 8:32pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 8:34pm
hillbilly wrote:
I accepted long ago that dying on a bike was a very high probability for me, and was fine with it. After 2000 I had 2...

So sorry to hear, prayers for the family, I agree hillbilly, sorta like Russian roulette, I know every time I leave the track I'm thankful that I'm leaving with my health and no catastrophic injuries.
KennyT
Fantasy
479th
3/23/2015 8:37pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 8:38pm
KennyT wrote:

SEEMEFIRST wrote:
1 at Freestone, and 1 at 3 Palms is how I remember it.
Not that it matters but on the 3 palms site some members said it was 2 in 2 weeks for them. Anyway 1 is 1 too many, feel so bad for these families
mx510
Fantasy
1861st
3/23/2015 10:28pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2015 10:31pm
logan_140 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:
The only way to avoid it is to not get on the bike. There is nothing to be done. A better helmet is all i ask...

Ugh, so damn sad, R.I.P. Moto brother. Completely avoid it, no that can't be done. But, bullshit there is plenty to be done if the public is willing to open their minds to change. There are many safety issues that can be tackled to make stuff more safe, can't avoid everything but lessen the constant, I believe it can be done.
DoctorJD
3/24/2015 6:08am
logan_140 wrote:
hillbilly wrote:

mx510 wrote:
Ugh, so damn sad, R.I.P. Moto brother. Completely avoid it, no that can't be done. But, bullshit there is plenty to be done if the public...
Ugh, so damn sad, R.I.P. Moto brother. Completely avoid it, no that can't be done. But, bullshit there is plenty to be done if the public is willing to open their minds to change. There are many safety issues that can be tackled to make stuff more safe, can't avoid everything but lessen the constant, I believe it can be done.
I agree, it's both arrogant and ignorant to think that measures can't be taken to make a dangerous sport less dangerous. It's been done in all forms of motorsport, but for some reason, the prevailing opinion in motocross is, "it's dangerous, that's the way it is, get over it." Brilliant. Abso-damn-lutely brilliant. I'll say it again: There needs to be oversight in this sport, preferably from within. There needs to be someone traveling around the country investigating every one of these incidents. Interviewing spectators, track builders, doctors, emt's, gear manufacturers. What happened? What were the factors that led to the incident? What measures (if any) could have been taken to prevent it?

Don't sit there and do nothing! Dammit it makes me sick that we are losing kids. It hasn't always been this way people. You didn't always throw a leg over the saddle and wonder if you were going to be going home that evening.
3/24/2015 6:08am
hillbilly wrote:

Agree with this 100%, these deaths are certainly a tragedy and I have condolences for all involved. But I think our sport is relatively safe when you break I down. Count the number of riders/racers in the world and the number of laps that are done in the course of a year relative to the number of fatalities that occur. Feeling the need to make wholesale changes is a knee jerk reaction.
RPM68
3/24/2015 6:18am
I had ex girlfriends calling to make sure it wasn't me, and had about 7-8 buddies riding there yesterday.

It isn't fun reading that, and your buddies not answering their phones. I got some details on the crash, but out of respect for the families, concentrate on the power of prayers.

Super sad to hear.
GarySemics
3/24/2015 6:47am
logan_140 wrote:
Agreed, something should be done...and soon!
logan_140
3/24/2015 6:51am
RPM68 wrote:
I had ex girlfriends calling to make sure it wasn't me, and had about 7-8 buddies riding there yesterday. It isn't fun reading that, and your...
I had ex girlfriends calling to make sure it wasn't me, and had about 7-8 buddies riding there yesterday.

It isn't fun reading that, and your buddies not answering their phones. I got some details on the crash, but out of respect for the families, concentrate on the power of prayers.

Super sad to hear.
It was a 23 y/o kid visiting from Colorado, visits Texas pretty often the article said.
RY4N37
3/24/2015 7:56am
RIP, sad period for the sport at the moment. Too much of this happening. Thoughts with the family

Post a reply to: not again

The Latest