no respect

10/3/2016 8:51pm
Long time lurker, too much a moerun to post. Epstien barr hits before I go to join site.
I like this site for the news, comedy, talk about moto related stuff.
I am not in any way a fan of any one racer, I respect anyone that has the balls and knowledge to make a national or supercross main. I think it is easy to forget what it takes to be fastest local,regional and then national. Billy Bo Duner may be fastest up your hill but is a squid in the big picture.
Anyway I don't get the hate on 7 to retire or quit cause he can't finish a season. The man is a legend and should be respected as one. Sure he crashed a lot but his natural talent and sport changing style should not be judged like he should be now hung out to dry.If he wants to race he should be able to with out the hate, you think he shouldn't have pulled off the track, if your mind is not 100% with your confidence at that level, he made the right choice.
It is a tuff pill to swallow knowing you have to take it a notch down, the adderall thing was at the worst possible time and then the life changing aspect of making a family takes it down for a bit too. The man is a new father.
Christian Craig returned after doing the fam thing. If James wants to train and return respect it, if he decides to retire respect it, I think some of these posts are beyond funny to embarrassing. I didn't think to myself Chad needs to quit when the two stroke looked better in 2013 at times. Its cool when Dowd shows up, its cool if any top pro wants to race, let them race. I think as long as someone makes it in the show..great, I would enjoy bringing my kids to meet James in pits years from now even if he got top 30s instead of telling them stories about how this guy started the scrub.
|
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
10/3/2016 8:53pm Edited Date/Time 10/3/2016 9:02pm
You had me at moerun.

"I didn't think to myself Chad needs to quit when the two stroke looked better in 2013 at times"! Thats puzzling.

Squirrel?!
JB 19
10/3/2016 8:56pm
I think you need to STFU.

Tongue
10/3/2016 9:05pm
At times in 2013 the two stroke KTM did look better than Reed on track. I was referring to another post that compared 7s lap times with Robbie, though pic was funny.

The Shop

MX Guy
Fantasy
773rd
10/3/2016 10:02pm
There are dudes who don't pull off midway through a moto from blisters that can't get rides ... Fact
kzizok
Fantasy
1859th
10/3/2016 10:25pm
At times in 2013 the two stroke KTM did look better than Reed on track. I was referring to another post that compared 7s lap times...
At times in 2013 the two stroke KTM did look better than Reed on track. I was referring to another post that compared 7s lap times with Robbie, though pic was funny.
Im not being sarcastic or joking. Is english a second language?
Cortami79
10/3/2016 11:37pm
You are right. Sometimes I'm embarrassed how ungrateful motocross fans can be. I always try to watch the races with objective view. Even though I have some favorite riders that I'd like to win, I still enjoy to see other races winning because I know how hard they have to work for it. For people like js7 to be hated so much is beyond idiotic and many of you guys should be ashamed of yourself. His focus and determination this season wasn't good at all, I can see that too, but to bash the guy like this is not necessary. Same goes to the crap about Herlings not moving on to MXGP soon enough and ET3 not winning races (after a crazy double shoulder injury). And I'm sure that I forgot some more examples
10/3/2016 11:43pm
Maybe he had troll blisters for fuel on Vital, not sure what the real reason was. Difficult to believe a guy who battled RC pulls off cause of blisters.
Like I said not a huge fan of anyone in particular, but I just hope he gets it figured out. You choose your road, but going from 259,to a reality show, to injuries,to suspension, to being a father might be a road that takes some point where you have to check yourself hard. Show a legend a little respect thats all. He brought the sport to a higher level.
I just felt from an outsiders view the board gets a little silly and maybe people need to think before excersizing freedom of type.
It is cool when pros and people in the bizz come here. Do you think it might happen more often if things were cooler?
Not on a holy kick or Vital downer day I just always check vital and sometimes it gets to me to think of families reading some of this and why it will never be to a level it could be and should be at for fans to enjoy.
Later. Thanks to everyone who makes Vital ....vital
TXDirt
10/4/2016 12:13am
We can all respect and appreciate James for what he was. But we are in no way obligated to feel the same way for what he is now.
kongols
10/4/2016 12:14am
You`re only as good as your last race.
10/4/2016 2:14am
TXDirt wrote:
We can all respect and appreciate James for what he was. But we are in no way obligated to feel the same way for what he...
We can all respect and appreciate James for what he was. But we are in no way obligated to feel the same way for what he is now.
It may sound crazy but you're not obligated to judge everything and anything. It even makes life way easier. Just saying
KTMShane699
10/4/2016 3:07am
So why don't we just refrain from discussing riders here or having opinions on the sport and people in it? That will make for great discussion on a forum.

You can have an opinion without being a "hater." My opinion is that the fall from the top has been anything but graceful. He did a lot for the sport in terms of riding and he was a great champion. Unfortunately, he currently isn't the man he used to be. That's probably for a variety of reasons.

Just because someone did something doesn't mean we have to worship them forever.
10/4/2016 4:05am
How many other lurkers have a compiled list of things to throw down.
Sidecar
10/4/2016 4:39am
Thought this thread was gonna be about Brian Deegan and Larry Linkogle.... The video No Respect. I'm out.
10/4/2016 5:39am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2016 8:26pm
James definitely gets more flack than any other rider in history.
YZ324
10/4/2016 6:20am
I always love watching Stew ride. Usually the races are better when he's on the gate. His mentality of "I'm gonna win or die trying" should be in the past since he's now older and has a family to think about. I always thought that if he would back off a bit, finish every race and at the end of the season he would be in the hunt for a Championship but his desire to win seemed to have plagued his chances over the years with crashing.

So I can say that for all of the pro riders and the local fast guys, I have a ton of respect for them on the track for what they can do on the bike. You know most of them paid their dues with dirt samples over the years and still WFO!
newmann
10/4/2016 6:46am
James and company demanded the attention coming in to the pro ranks. Now he doesn't want it? I'm puzzled.

Whatever happened to "any press is good press"? If we weren't talking about his adhd, Adderall, TUE's, blisters, achy knees, locked hips....ooops, that Ryan Hughes, inability to set up a bike, concussions here late in his career, we probably wouldn't be talking about him much at all.

If he showed up to the gate come A1 fit ,in shape and focused, sporting the #259? The internet as we know it would be in total melt down.
mxb2
10/4/2016 7:05am
newmann wrote:
James and company demanded the attention coming in to the pro ranks. Now he doesn't want it? I'm puzzled. Whatever happened to "any press is good...
James and company demanded the attention coming in to the pro ranks. Now he doesn't want it? I'm puzzled.

Whatever happened to "any press is good press"? If we weren't talking about his adhd, Adderall, TUE's, blisters, achy knees, locked hips....ooops, that Ryan Hughes, inability to set up a bike, concussions here late in his career, we probably wouldn't be talking about him much at all.

If he showed up to the gate come A1 fit ,in shape and focused, sporting the #259? The internet as we know it would be in total melt down.
The ego maniacs only want attention when it's good,. When it's bad ,it's none of our business.
TXDirt
10/4/2016 7:09am
TXDirt wrote:
We can all respect and appreciate James for what he was. But we are in no way obligated to feel the same way for what he...
It may sound crazy but you're not obligated to judge everything and anything. It even makes life way easier. Just saying
This might sound crazy, but to each his own.
gsxrcr28
Fantasy
2671st
10/4/2016 7:28am
Deplorables Laughing

He's dealt with the garbage his entire career, and now days there's a place for their negativity, the Internet.

10/4/2016 8:23am
Idc what anyone says James has been and will be the most talked about rider to ever race. Just look during outdoors or supercross...when he did practice or a lap there were threads on him. We had weekly prediction threads on stew that went 5 pages. The dude brings media and attention
hvaughn88
10/4/2016 8:30am
gsxrcr28 wrote:
Deplorables :laugh: He's dealt with the garbage his entire career, and now days there's a place for their negativity, the Internet. [img]https://p.vitalmx.com/photos/forums/2016/10/04/154563/s1200_IMG_1775.jpg[/img]
Deplorables Laughing

He's dealt with the garbage his entire career, and now days there's a place for their negativity, the Internet.

That looks like a picture of some very fashion-forward people
10/4/2016 8:31am
It's the American mentality combined with the internet, if you're not winning races you are shit and corvette is better than gtr.

I think James is ashamed of his fall from Grace and is willing to make up excuses, I believe he's been hit on the head too many times and he's afraid to admit that he's suffered from his concussions.

I believe he's pulling off mid races because he cannot focus, the crash he had on the straight away over the corner was very telling it's as if he forgot he was on a bike.

You guys should check out Dr Rhonda Patrick take on concussions it opens up eyes on what happens to the human brain when suffering from head impacts.

I agree 100% with your post.

TXDirt
10/4/2016 8:51am
Lets also not forget when he was getting lapped and got in the way of the Dungey/Musquin battle and altered the race on the last lap.

Is he a threat to win races anymore? No.

Is he fun to watch and brings excitement when he races? Yes.

Has he had an ugly fall from grace? Yes.

Has he earned the right to do whatever he wants? Yes.

Are fans allowed to still worship him? Yes.

Are fans allowed to be skeptical and criticize him? Yes.
RACERX69
10/4/2016 9:00am Edited Date/Time 10/4/2016 9:02am
Drink More Water nails it.

I had a candid conversation with an industry person who knows Stewart VERY well. He said the same thing...James is suffering from all his past concussions and has a difficult time remaining focused for the entire race. He seems to be reminiscent of Travis Pastrana.
Flip109
10/4/2016 9:04am
Pretty sure most people respect James and what he's done. Its just been such a fucking disappointment the last few years. It's hard not to get on here and vent about it sometimes and shoot the shit. Being that nobody else in my life really gives a fuck about my moto opinions or what James Stewart is up to. Not that anyone on here does either but least they are forced to read the stupid comments so it makes them somewhat matter haha!!
Flip109
10/4/2016 9:07am
RACERX69 wrote:
Drink More Water nails it. I had a candid conversation with an industry person who knows Stewart VERY well. He said the same thing...James is suffering...
Drink More Water nails it.

I had a candid conversation with an industry person who knows Stewart VERY well. He said the same thing...James is suffering from all his past concussions and has a difficult time remaining focused for the entire race. He seems to be reminiscent of Travis Pastrana.
Damn

Post a reply to: no respect

The Latest