new TWMX with the exclusive "jlaw" post jail time interview

Farva
2/25/2010 1:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
Farva wrote:
I don't think anyone here really knows the entire story of whats going on. It feels like we only have half the story, but no way...
I don't think anyone here really knows the entire story of whats going on.

It feels like we only have half the story, but no way would a moto journalist want to burn bridges to get the entire story.
GuyB wrote:
What do you mean?
I've heard things such as, "Such and such went on in the tunnel" and everything else yet you can't find a single write up about what actually has or has not happened.

Just wondering where the moto journalists are writing this stuff.
500guy
2/25/2010 1:08pm
Farva wrote:
I don't think anyone here really knows the entire story of whats going on. It feels like we only have half the story, but no way...
I don't think anyone here really knows the entire story of whats going on.

It feels like we only have half the story, but no way would a moto journalist want to burn bridges to get the entire story.
GuyB wrote:
What do you mean?
Farva wrote:
I've heard things such as, "Such and such went on in the tunnel" and everything else yet you can't find a single write up about what...
I've heard things such as, "Such and such went on in the tunnel" and everything else yet you can't find a single write up about what actually has or has not happened.

They are writing about the racing and taking photo's of it. You are asking where the TMZ crew is at and Matthes is about as close as it gets to that san's the photo's
Farva
2/25/2010 1:09pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2010 1:11pm
GuyB wrote:
What do you mean?
Farva wrote:
I've heard things such as, "Such and such went on in the tunnel" and everything else yet you can't find a single write up about what...

500guy wrote:
They are writing about the racing and taking photo's of it. You are asking where the TMZ crew is at and Matthes is about as close...
They are writing about the racing and taking photo's of it. You are asking where the TMZ crew is at and Matthes is about as close as it gets to that san's the photo's
So practice incidents that effect the race don't matter at all? Gives both guys last gate pick and that has nothing to do with the racing? I'm not asking for things that happen outside the sport but this happened in the sport at the stadium on the track and no write up at all?

The Shop

500guy
2/25/2010 1:13pm
Farva wrote:

500guy wrote:
They are writing about the racing and taking photo's of it. You are asking where the TMZ crew is at and Matthes is about as close...
Farva wrote:
So practice incidents that effect the race don't matter at all? Gives both guys last gate pick and that has nothing to do with the racing...
So practice incidents that effect the race don't matter at all? Gives both guys last gate pick and that has nothing to do with the racing? I'm not asking for things that happen outside the sport but this happened in the sport at the stadium on the track and no write up at all?
I thought it got more attention then it deserved.
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/25/2010 1:14pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2010 1:17pm
I was sitting up in the press box working on photos for Pit Bits when that stuff was going on. I asked Dungey about it in this week's Podium Speak stuff. I didn't get a chance to talk to Jason.

Honestly, it seemed a bit trivial to me. If it continues? Then it becomes a bigger story. Hopefully they're both smarter than that.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
2/25/2010 1:15pm
Farva wrote:

500guy wrote:
Farva wrote:
So practice incidents that effect the race don't matter at all? Gives both guys last gate pick and that has nothing to do with the racing...
"IF" something happened in the tunnel , that isn't a practice incident...... is it? Wink The practice incident was reported, and was dealt with by the AMA. I am sure if there was more to it, someone woudl have said something.

Honestly I think the whole thing is being BLOWN out of porportion strictly on the basis of Jlaw being involved.

Slower riders have always messed up "fast" laps and been roosted or stuffed accordingly. It isn't something new, didn't Bubba and Reed have similar stuffing matches in last years practices?
Farva
2/25/2010 1:15pm
500guy wrote:
Farva wrote:
500guy wrote:
This is why moto won't grow.

When something does happen the big journalists will typically ignore it. We don't need journalists if they only want to write about the main event. They do show these Sx's the next day on T.V.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
2/25/2010 1:16pm
500guy wrote:
Farva wrote:
500guy wrote:
Man, Jay! good answer. See my above post.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
2/25/2010 1:18pm
Farva wrote:
500guy wrote:
Farva wrote:
This is why moto won't grow. When something does happen the big journalists will typically ignore it. We don't need journalists if they only want to...

When something does happen the big journalists will typically ignore it. We don't need journalists if they only want to write about the main event. They do show these Sx's the next day on T.V.
I'm confused, the sport won't grow until we have paparazzi?
Farva
2/25/2010 1:20pm
500guy wrote:
Farva wrote:
Regis wrote:
"IF" something happened in the tunnel , that isn't a practice incident...... is it? ;) The practice incident was reported, and was dealt with by the...
"IF" something happened in the tunnel , that isn't a practice incident...... is it? Wink The practice incident was reported, and was dealt with by the AMA. I am sure if there was more to it, someone woudl have said something.

Honestly I think the whole thing is being BLOWN out of porportion strictly on the basis of Jlaw being involved.

Slower riders have always messed up "fast" laps and been roosted or stuffed accordingly. It isn't something new, didn't Bubba and Reed have similar stuffing matches in last years practices?
SO anything that happens before the gate drops at the track shouldn't be talked about?

Got it.
Farva
2/25/2010 1:23pm
500guy wrote:
Farva wrote:
This is why moto won't grow. When something does happen the big journalists will typically ignore it. We don't need journalists if they only want to...

Regis wrote:
I'm confused, the sport won't grow until we have paparazzi?
The sport won't grow until we actually report on whats happening in the sport. When you get to the race until you leave should be reported on.

GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/25/2010 1:24pm
Farva wrote:
The sport won't grow until we actually report on whats happening in the sport. When you get to the race until you leave should be reported...
The sport won't grow until we actually report on whats happening in the sport. When you get to the race until you leave should be reported on.

Farva
2/25/2010 1:33pm
Farva wrote:
The sport won't grow until we actually report on whats happening in the sport. When you get to the race until you leave should be reported...

GuyB wrote:
[img]http://www.jwinslow.com/creations/graphicdesigns/wallpaper/buckeyes/drum_major2.jpg[/img]
You could probably find out what band member is sick at an NFL game before you could figure out what's happening between the Kawi guy's and Stewart's goggle deal, who started the J-Law Dungey fight and on and on...

newmann
2/25/2010 1:35pm
Ryan V. put up with enough of JLows crap and whacked him upside the head with 21 inches of rubber. Ryan D. is finally to that point. Jason knows he can't compete for the lead so he's content to keep playing the childish jackass. Who the heck will be his next target once Dungey runs over him. I'm impressed with Jason's championship abilities on the bike when he puts forth the effort. Other than that, he is an idiot.

Question for Regis. Would Jason be on your short list if you were putting a team together with your hard earned dollars?
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/25/2010 1:40pm
Farva wrote:

GuyB wrote:
[img]http://www.jwinslow.com/creations/graphicdesigns/wallpaper/buckeyes/drum_major2.jpg[/img]
Farva wrote:
You could probably find out what band member is sick at an NFL game before you could figure out what's happening between the Kawi guy's and...
You could probably find out what band member is sick at an NFL game before you could figure out what's happening between the Kawi guy's and Stewart's goggle deal, who started the J-Law Dungey fight and on and on...

Next you'll want to know which rider is mad at another one because he got his old girlfriend drunk and hooked up with her, or which team is on the edge of going out of business, or the spare parts inventory for a factory team, or...

Maybe some of that stuff is actually valid. But maybe it also has a bit to do with the attitude. When someone comes in tells you how you should be doing your job, rather than asking why it's done a certain way, sometimes the reaction is to throw up a pair of middle digits. That's sort of the reaction I get from reading your posts. Smile
Regis
Fantasy
340th
2/25/2010 3:05pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
newmann wrote:
Ryan V. put up with enough of JLows crap and whacked him upside the head with 21 inches of rubber. Ryan D. is finally to that...
Ryan V. put up with enough of JLows crap and whacked him upside the head with 21 inches of rubber. Ryan D. is finally to that point. Jason knows he can't compete for the lead so he's content to keep playing the childish jackass. Who the heck will be his next target once Dungey runs over him. I'm impressed with Jason's championship abilities on the bike when he puts forth the effort. Other than that, he is an idiot.

Question for Regis. Would Jason be on your short list if you were putting a team together with your hard earned dollars?
That is a very good question newmann. The racer side of Jlaw I like, I really do. I like the mental toughness, the games he plays and I believe he has the talent to back up everything he says on the track. I really like his "there is nobody better than me" attitude. I liked his comments about how he knows he is a better rider than Dungey in that TWMX video. To me, in a way he was admitting he needed to work harder but knew he can ride a dirtbike better. There is nothing wrong with saying that. It showed he knows Dungey is winning titles because of hard work and not just talent. Talent alone will not win you championships. In his lowest of lows like washougal last year he ran up front. Everyone has to see the guy really hasn't been on the bike that much in the last 6 months and he still can make a main and soon, believe it or not he will be running up front. Unless of course he gets injured.

If it were my money the only thing I could think of that would not want him to be a part of my team is the off the track stuff. I don't think anyone would put up with that and that is why I think there is JLAW Racing.

I don't know if he really has changed his ways, I hope he has. But when I say that I hope he has changed his ways it is only his off the track behavior because that is the only behavior that was detrimental to his career. He hasn't hurt his stock or value by what he has done on the track, only with the AMA and Dungey. I hope he hasn't lost his smugness at the track, because if he does lose that confidence then he will be just another mid pack rider who doesn't believe in himself as a winner.

But to answer your question directly..... I am sure glad I don't own a team and have to worry about those decisions. LMAO! Smile

oh yeah, one other thing. the humanatarian stuff he does... I don't think he is Ghandi by any means, but from the outside it looks pretty impressive what he contributes to and what he is willing to do to lend a hand to fellow racers.
BobbyM
2/25/2010 3:26pm
newmann wrote:
Ryan V. put up with enough of JLows crap and whacked him upside the head with 21 inches of rubber. Ryan D. is finally to that...

Regis wrote:
That is a very good question newmann. The racer side of Jlaw I like, I really do. I like the mental toughness, the games he plays...
That is a very good question newmann. The racer side of Jlaw I like, I really do. I like the mental toughness, the games he plays and I believe he has the talent to back up everything he says on the track. I really like his "there is nobody better than me" attitude. I liked his comments about how he knows he is a better rider than Dungey in that TWMX video. To me, in a way he was admitting he needed to work harder but knew he can ride a dirtbike better. There is nothing wrong with saying that. It showed he knows Dungey is winning titles because of hard work and not just talent. Talent alone will not win you championships. In his lowest of lows like washougal last year he ran up front. Everyone has to see the guy really hasn't been on the bike that much in the last 6 months and he still can make a main and soon, believe it or not he will be running up front. Unless of course he gets injured.

If it were my money the only thing I could think of that would not want him to be a part of my team is the off the track stuff. I don't think anyone would put up with that and that is why I think there is JLAW Racing.

I don't know if he really has changed his ways, I hope he has. But when I say that I hope he has changed his ways it is only his off the track behavior because that is the only behavior that was detrimental to his career. He hasn't hurt his stock or value by what he has done on the track, only with the AMA and Dungey. I hope he hasn't lost his smugness at the track, because if he does lose that confidence then he will be just another mid pack rider who doesn't believe in himself as a winner.

But to answer your question directly..... I am sure glad I don't own a team and have to worry about those decisions. LMAO! Smile

oh yeah, one other thing. the humanatarian stuff he does... I don't think he is Ghandi by any means, but from the outside it looks pretty impressive what he contributes to and what he is willing to do to lend a hand to fellow racers.
5 bucks sez he will not podium this year unless it's for cell block #9. Smile
Regis
Fantasy
340th
2/25/2010 3:27pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
I'll take your bet! Bobbym! YOU'RE ON!

(how many weeks until Reed and Bubba are back? Wink lol )

BTW- Bobby, you of all people I would think would be into the kid as a racer with his old school attitude and all....
Ing
2/25/2010 3:41pm
I'd agree completely. As far as mental toughness goes I'd say he doesn't have that either. Mental toughness would allow him to run up front, not 10th or 11th place. Mental toughness would allow him to stay OUT of jail, not put him in jail. I say delusional is more like it.
Regis
Fantasy
340th
2/25/2010 3:46pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
Ing wrote:
I'd agree completely. As far as mental toughness goes I'd say he doesn't have that either. Mental toughness would allow him to run up front, not...
I'd agree completely. As far as mental toughness goes I'd say he doesn't have that either. Mental toughness would allow him to run up front, not 10th or 11th place. Mental toughness would allow him to stay OUT of jail, not put him in jail. I say delusional is more like it.
jesus, the guy has been back 2 weeks.

Hannah, Johnson, your telling me those guys didn't have the attitude of "i'm the best, ain't nobody going to tell me different?"

Oldfart, we all know your disdain for the guy. It wouldn't surprise me if it keeps you up at night. What is your definition of an old school guy? there were many types, but the most remembered are the most flamboyant

Ing- mark my words, give him a couple weeks to get his race speed back, just as it took Villo a couple weeks and you will see the results.
DiIullo
2/25/2010 4:03pm
BobbyM wrote:
anybody see this? jason himself says he is past all the childish stuff and is ready to concentrate on racing. he also says he is jealous...
anybody see this? jason himself says he is past all the childish stuff and is ready to concentrate on racing. he also says he is jealous of dungeys ability to ride and make lots of money. that interview is less than 2 months old...hard habits are hard to break. Smile
habits are hard to break... like this thread.... HA! Wink
mooch
Fantasy
501st
2/25/2010 4:35pm
Regis, can I get in on that bet too?

20 bucks says no SX podiums for Jlaw this year. Whatya say?

Regarding any ill effects from Jlaws shit talking...I'd say it's more of a distraction and detrimental to Jlaw himself than anyone else.
BobbyM
2/25/2010 4:39pm
Regis wrote:
I'll take your bet! Bobbym! YOU'RE ON! (how many weeks until Reed and Bubba are back? lol )BTW- Bobby, you of all people I would think...
I'll take your bet! Bobbym! YOU'RE ON!

(how many weeks until Reed and Bubba are back? Wink lol )

BTW- Bobby, you of all people I would think would be into the kid as a racer with his old school attitude and all....
oldschool? yer nucking futs andy my boy. when yer an also ran you don't fuck with the contenders by dicking around in practice, you blow their doors off in practice...unwritten rule. be like a lapper fucking with the leaders...on purpose.

weak ass shit...and oldschool is having a bigmouth and a fuck you attitude THEN winning the damn race. winning gives you a permit to get away with almost anything....almost.

too bad for jason, if he does well it will be for all the wrong reasons and like a husband/wife in a bad marriage, that shit don't last long...nope.
BobbyM
2/25/2010 4:41pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
Ing wrote:
I'd agree completely. As far as mental toughness goes I'd say he doesn't have that either. Mental toughness would allow him to run up front, not...
Regis wrote:
jesus, the guy has been back 2 weeks. Hannah, Johnson, your telling me those guys didn't have the attitude of "i'm the best, ain't nobody going...
jesus, the guy has been back 2 weeks.

Hannah, Johnson, your telling me those guys didn't have the attitude of "i'm the best, ain't nobody going to tell me different?"

Oldfart, we all know your disdain for the guy. It wouldn't surprise me if it keeps you up at night. What is your definition of an old school guy? there were many types, but the most remembered are the most flamboyant

Ing- mark my words, give him a couple weeks to get his race speed back, just as it took Villo a couple weeks and you will see the results.
jason didn't say he was the best, he
said he is better than ryan dungey...big diff.

and that simply isn't true...well it is only
in jasons mind. jason has never ever ran with james...ever. jason has never kicked ass at the mxdn. jason has never won a sx and mx title in the same year. jason has never won the LVSX shootout. then again dungey has never rolled a car, got into fist fights at the race (that may happen soon though), got arrested before the race, been thrown in jail for a year and i don't think he's ever had his ass kicked by a local squid at elsinore raceway after dicking with said local squid.

to be fair to jason, i guess there are a few things dungey hasn't done that jason has. Smile
GuyB
Fantasy
988th
2/25/2010 4:44pm
Bobby, I'll take that bet.
BobbyM
2/25/2010 4:50pm
GuyB wrote:
yer on, 5 for andy and 5 for guyb....betting is closed btw. Smile
mooch
Fantasy
501st
2/25/2010 5:03pm
GuyB wrote:
BobbyM wrote:
yer on, 5 for andy and 5 for guyb....betting is closed btw. Smile
I'm open for some action here....I say no 2010 sx podiums for Jlaw...any takers?
rileymx
2/25/2010 5:28pm
i really dont get the j-law fans..........
i find it understandable that an mx fan got hooked on the talent that he showed when he was racing........as i accept that there are people who likes that kind of personality............
but it has been a time now that nobody has seen him racing, most of the time he spends on track is not to race..........
so i dont think a mx fan can agree with a guy who quits racing an still goes to the track to mess up the title race of another rider just because he doesnt like him.......
so to hope that he will turn it and get some results, that he will race again is acceptable...........but dont you like the races, dont you follow the title fight...are you mx fans ?????
i think only non mx fans can really enjoy what he did and try to defend him for doing so.....
but since he hasnt done anything else them fucking up outside of the track, i dont see why a non mx fan would be his fan anyways.........

Post a reply to: new TWMX with the exclusive "jlaw" post jail time interview

The Latest