new TWMX with the exclusive "jlaw" post jail time interview

BobbyM
2/24/2010 6:16pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 7:32pm
anybody see this? jason himself says he is past all the childish stuff and is ready to concentrate on racing. he also says he is jealous of dungeys ability to ride and make lots of money. that interview is less than 2 months old...hard habits are hard to break. Smile
|
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/24/2010 7:22pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2010 7:28pm
I don't get it? So he slows up Dungey? That doesn't mean he is biting ears and beating old ladies, or getting high.... He is playing the absolute most important game in our sport, the mental part.

He came back to A1, made the main, realized he wasn't ready, came back when he thought he was had some bad luck and then has a decent showing.

I wouldn't call myself a J law "fan" but he isn't going anywhere, his results will come and all he did this last weekend was prove what he has said all along true.

Dungey cracked, it showed that Lawrence truly is in his head. It is kind of funny, remember the kid that always annoyed you in school and the kid would just keep annoying you? You know why he was annoying and kept being annoying? Because you showed it bothered you!!!!!

So, my question, when Lawrence starts getting good results (he will, just like Hill has since so many wrote him off last year) is his mental "games" going to be ok as they were back in the day with the legends?

And Bobby, this isn't directed at you but just people that are so worked up over J law this last weekend. I think all Dungey is doing is showing J law that whatever he is doing it is working.

dislclaimer- I am not anti- Dungey either, I hope he continues to make the series as exciting as it is.
2/24/2010 7:29pm
"Hard habits are hard to break"?

Hey chief, go take some lessons.

The Shop

oldx
2/24/2010 7:38pm
Too bad Jlawless didn't ride in the days of Hannah and Howerton.
Wandell
2/24/2010 8:12pm
Intelligence isn't gained in 2 months either.
You can't fix stupid!
tunedlength
2/24/2010 8:24pm
Regis-
"I don't get it? So he slows up Dungey? That doesn't mean he is biting ears and beating old ladies, or getting high.... He is playing the absolute most important game in our sport, the mental part."

I would argue that winning races is the most important part.
Localsteez
2/24/2010 8:25pm
Regis wrote:
I don't get it? So he slows up Dungey? That doesn't mean he is biting ears and beating old ladies, or getting high.... He is playing...
I don't get it? So he slows up Dungey? That doesn't mean he is biting ears and beating old ladies, or getting high.... He is playing the absolute most important game in our sport, the mental part.

He came back to A1, made the main, realized he wasn't ready, came back when he thought he was had some bad luck and then has a decent showing.

I wouldn't call myself a J law "fan" but he isn't going anywhere, his results will come and all he did this last weekend was prove what he has said all along true.

Dungey cracked, it showed that Lawrence truly is in his head. It is kind of funny, remember the kid that always annoyed you in school and the kid would just keep annoying you? You know why he was annoying and kept being annoying? Because you showed it bothered you!!!!!

So, my question, when Lawrence starts getting good results (he will, just like Hill has since so many wrote him off last year) is his mental "games" going to be ok as they were back in the day with the legends?

And Bobby, this isn't directed at you but just people that are so worked up over J law this last weekend. I think all Dungey is doing is showing J law that whatever he is doing it is working.

dislclaimer- I am not anti- Dungey either, I hope he continues to make the series as exciting as it is.
I'm glad that some one gets it, everyone seems to think that Lawrence is a punk, but really he's quite intelligent and knows how to affect the most important (and most overlooked) part of motocross-- the mental game.
Localsteez
2/24/2010 8:27pm
Regis- "I don't get it? So he slows up Dungey? That doesn't mean he is biting ears and beating old ladies, or getting high.... He is...
Regis-
"I don't get it? So he slows up Dungey? That doesn't mean he is biting ears and beating old ladies, or getting high.... He is playing the absolute most important game in our sport, the mental part."

Sorry I guess you beat me to my point as I was typing it lol
FlaNard
2/24/2010 9:37pm Edited Date/Time 2/24/2010 9:37pm
Regis is right. Jason being a dick to the guy in the points lead straight out of jail is the most important part of the sport. Thanks Regis! Winning races doesnt matter. Its like knowing how to judge at the X Games. Its a non factor.
bents
Fantasy
694th
2/24/2010 9:59pm
He's a blower. Sorry. His 15 minutes of fame has expired. HIs only recourse is to find the front of the line, and quickly, b/c sponsorship dollars are hard to come by and no one is going to invest any more cash on someone who has consistently displayed a complete disregard of his sponsors through his actions-repeatedly. Too many young and hungry kids who are doing all the right things-as in training, riding, being committed, being focused as opposed to being a class clown. He is one big contradiction. Chad Reed said it best, "That was funny three years ago."
AdamB
2/24/2010 10:10pm
I used to be a jlaw fan now i'm just hanging on by a tiny little thread and I would like to apologize to all those who were against me in the past. Its just too hard to hold on to that hope anymore when he is just wasting his miraculous talents... I havent been here long and im already soooo sick of the "Jlaw" threads.
andymoto
2/24/2010 11:16pm
Regis wrote:
I don't get it? So he slows up Dungey? That doesn't mean he is biting ears and beating old ladies, or getting high.... He is playing...

Localsteez wrote:
I'm glad that some one gets it, everyone seems to think that Lawrence is a punk, but really he's quite intelligent and knows how to affect...
I'm glad that some one gets it, everyone seems to think that Lawrence is a punk, but really he's quite intelligent and knows how to affect the most important (and most overlooked) part of motocross-- the mental game.
Intelligent enough not to mess with the other Ryan after trying to. Got put in his place back then.

Finally RD pushed back on Mr. Triple Secret probation and ran his fastest laps with the other Ryan.

Taking stupid takes no intelligence; taking care of owns business does.

Frankly think Jason gave Dungey a gift as shown by his hi-fiving RV after the race.

johansen
2/25/2010 12:01am
bents wrote:
He's a blower. Sorry. His 15 minutes of fame has expired. HIs only recourse is to find the front of the line, and quickly, b/c sponsorship...
He's a blower. Sorry. His 15 minutes of fame has expired. HIs only recourse is to find the front of the line, and quickly, b/c sponsorship dollars are hard to come by and no one is going to invest any more cash on someone who has consistently displayed a complete disregard of his sponsors through his actions-repeatedly. Too many young and hungry kids who are doing all the right things-as in training, riding, being committed, being focused as opposed to being a class clown. He is one big contradiction. Chad Reed said it best, "That was funny three years ago."
One of the most discussed riders won't get any sponsors? What?
JB 19
2/25/2010 1:19am
Uhh.....I think mental games are played by possesing things like blazing speed or superior endurance. Things that make a guy question whether he can beat you....and make him question himself.

Being a moving a chicane in practice is NOT a mental game......its being a 14 year old jackass.
JB 19
2/25/2010 1:23am
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/25/2010 12:09pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
Regis- "I don't get it? So he slows up Dungey? That doesn't mean he is biting ears and beating old ladies, or getting high.... He is...
Regis-

Many, many legends of our sport have said that winning races is more mental than anything. If you think your the man, you are. If you have doubt, you fail.

Results for Jlaw will come, talent will take you a long ways....

Everyone wrote off Hill as a no talent punk, where is he now?

I say all you haters better take a seat when the series heads to Daytona, I don't want to lose anybody when their blood pressure shoots through the roof after Jlaw has had a few races under his belt and his results start to come around....
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/25/2010 12:10pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
JB 19 wrote:
Uhh.....I think mental games are played by possesing things like blazing speed or superior endurance. Things that make a guy question whether he can beat you....and...
Uhh.....I think mental games are played by possesing things like blazing speed or superior endurance. Things that make a guy question whether he can beat you....and make him question himself.

Being a moving a chicane in practice is NOT a mental game......its being a 14 year old jackass.
Fail.

Getting someone to doubt themself is the biggest mental game out there.

not always does the fastest and most in shape rider win.... right?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/25/2010 12:16pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2010 12:16pm
JB 19 wrote:
Uhh.....I think mental games are played by possesing things like blazing speed or superior endurance. Things that make a guy question whether he can beat you....and...

Regis wrote:
Fail.

Getting someone to doubt themself is the biggest mental game out there.

not always does the fastest and most in shape rider win.... right?
I think I'd agree with that, except for one thing...Jason's not a factor in the championship at this point, other than maybe trying to assist Hill. If he was among the points leaders or front-runners *during* a race? Game on.
jndmx
2/25/2010 12:18pm
GuyB wrote:
I think I'd agree with that, except for one thing...Jason's not a factor in the championship at this point, other than maybe trying to assist Hill...
I think I'd agree with that, except for one thing...Jason's not a factor in the championship at this point, other than maybe trying to assist Hill. If he was among the points leaders or front-runners *during* a race? Game on.
Exactly!!!
500guy
2/25/2010 12:21pm
Guy-b nailed it

delete everything else
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/25/2010 12:24pm Edited Date/Time 2/25/2010 12:30pm
500guy wrote:
Guy-b nailed it

delete everything else
agreed.

but if anyone thinks the guy won't be up front and his time "is over" then I have to have a chuckle with that.

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/25/2010 12:27pm
I'm such a wet blanket in these threads. Wink
Regis
Fantasy
359th
2/25/2010 12:36pm
yeah, way to ruin it! I wanted to be a part of a 8 pager! I guess its over now. Smile
Farva
2/25/2010 12:39pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 9:00pm
I don't think anyone here really knows the entire story of whats going on.

It feels like we only have half the story, but no way would a moto journalist want to burn bridges to get the entire story.
agency399
2/25/2010 12:44pm
It’s never over when there is J-Law and interview in the title of a thread, haha

GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/25/2010 12:56pm
Farva wrote:
I don't think anyone here really knows the entire story of whats going on. It feels like we only have half the story, but no way...

It feels like we only have half the story, but no way would a moto journalist want to burn bridges to get the entire story.
What do you mean?
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
2/25/2010 12:56pm
Farva wrote:
I don't think anyone here really knows the entire story of whats going on. It feels like we only have half the story, but no way...

What do you mean?
BobbyM
2/25/2010 1:01pm
FlaNard wrote:
Regis is right. Jason being a dick to the guy in the points lead straight out of jail is the most important part of the sport...
Regis is right. Jason being a dick to the guy in the points lead straight out of jail is the most important part of the sport. Thanks Regis! Winning races doesnt matter. Its like knowing how to judge at the X Games. Its a non factor.
"jlaw" isn't in contention....guess that doesn't matter to you squids.
500guy
2/25/2010 1:03pm
Farva wrote:

GuyB wrote:
What do you mean?
I think he's sayin you ain't doin your job boss.

Post a reply to: new TWMX with the exclusive "jlaw" post jail time interview

The Latest