neighbor troubles... wtf

olddude
10/6/2009 9:07pm
Did'nt McGrath get shut down last year or so? I feel if he can't get it done how the hell can a mere mortal keep riding on his own land.
Gym Briggs
10/6/2009 9:13pm
Nate Adams is going through the mill to keep his place open after being the spot for FMX in So.Cal..
10/6/2009 9:31pm
How about some type of sound wall, or strategically located panels?

I see a new company popping up. Motowalls.com (someone can run with it!)

It may be one or two areas of your tracks that make the most noise, like right out of a corner with the pipe facing their house! If you can work with them and figure it out, it could work. I live right by a freeway and the sound walls work wonders.

Also, being really cool and being really logical and fair in the city council meetings can make a difference too. I’ve made headway that way in a similar instance. Don’t let other’s horror stories scare you. Every town is different.
ACMYERS
10/6/2009 9:38pm
The neighbors near our track at the farm come to the property line in there golf carts and gators and drink beer and visit with one another and watch the boys ride all the time. kind of a block party with a view.

The Shop

DanDunes818
10/6/2009 9:45pm
Move to Delaware. No one complains. When I was in Jersey, we had a bunch of witchcraft people next door who would call the cops on...
Move to Delaware.
No one complains.

When I was in Jersey, we had a bunch of witchcraft people next door who would call the cops on us for running a pressure washer.
No, I'm not joking.
That's funny you say that. I got the cops called on me for the same thing.
roost251
10/6/2009 10:07pm
suck to hear, I have some land near the rail road so i figure the noise issue is a nonissue, but it is next to the highway :-(. A niehbor about 15 mi down the road also has a full blown moto track for several years now with no prob. .
dedi684
10/7/2009 1:56pm
i've had nothing but problems since i bought the land. its a shame because it is a beautiful piece of property. at this point i'm glad i only put a trailer in for the time being and didnt spend $200,000 on a house. my next stop may be nh or maine.
DanDunes818
10/7/2009 2:06pm
dedi684 wrote:
i've had nothing but problems since i bought the land. its a shame because it is a beautiful piece of property. at this point i'm glad...
i've had nothing but problems since i bought the land. its a shame because it is a beautiful piece of property. at this point i'm glad i only put a trailer in for the time being and didnt spend $200,000 on a house. my next stop may be nh or maine.
Well if you end up in Maine make sure you yank some teeth out before you move so you'll fit in. Sleeping w/your sisters a plus I hear too. My best friends from Maine and he told me this stupid joke.

What's a common pick up line for the ladies in Maine??

Nice tooth..Laughing
Sliim280
10/7/2009 2:59pm
man guys i have been dealing with this shit my entire life. when i started riding as a kid you could go anywhere on everyones property around here. but in recent years people have just become assholes about it. a couple of them have showed up at the house and given my parents some shit. which sucks b/c i dont live there and havent in almost 9 years. but when im here they never seem to stop. maybe its b/c i stand 6'6" and about 325 and not very fat. just dont let them keep ya down guys. theyll all die off eventually
txmxer
10/7/2009 3:15pm
dedi684 wrote:
i've had nothing but problems since i bought the land. its a shame because it is a beautiful piece of property. at this point i'm glad...
I'm still confused. They take pictures (which is legal) and drive by.

They call the cops, but the cops have never come out?

There are no ordinances you are violating?

I live in a very similar situation on about 7 acres and my neighbors don't seem to mind. I'm sure they hear it, but, it hasn't been a problem to date.
dedi684
10/7/2009 3:28pm
dedi684 wrote:
txmxer wrote:
I'm still confused. They take pictures (which is legal) and drive by. They call the cops, but the cops have never come out? There are no...
I'm still confused. They take pictures (which is legal) and drive by.

They call the cops, but the cops have never come out?

There are no ordinances you are violating?

I live in a very similar situation on about 7 acres and my neighbors don't seem to mind. I'm sure they hear it, but, it hasn't been a problem to date.
no no, the cops show up every so often... then leave without even issuing me a warning. 6 years now. its not like there is something new going on here. and yes these fools hide in the bushes with cameras and drive by constantly when i'm riding, which i feel is a form of harassment. also calling the police repeatidly when they know i am not breaking any laws.
Devil1nNj
10/7/2009 3:32pm
I am a member of a track in NY called Walden Playboys . The towns always coming up and complaing and trying to get us shut...
I am a member of a track in NY called Walden Playboys . The towns always coming up and complaing and trying to get us shut down. This year we had to move are races to sat or we would not be able to ride at all. We own the track and its redicouls .The people in the town are crazy. The thur way runs past the town and at one of the meetings they asked if the thur way could be closed on sundays and divertied around there town. Wtf is wrong with people
I heard about that. The insane part is Walden (one of my fav tracks) has been there forever. Now people move near it, and they have the balls to complain about a track that was there for decades.
dedi684
10/7/2009 3:39pm
I am a member of a track in NY called Walden Playboys . The towns always coming up and complaing and trying to get us shut...
I am a member of a track in NY called Walden Playboys . The towns always coming up and complaing and trying to get us shut down. This year we had to move are races to sat or we would not be able to ride at all. We own the track and its redicouls .The people in the town are crazy. The thur way runs past the town and at one of the meetings they asked if the thur way could be closed on sundays and divertied around there town. Wtf is wrong with people
Devil1nNj wrote:
I heard about that. The insane part is Walden (one of my fav tracks) has been there forever. Now people move near it, and they have...
I heard about that. The insane part is Walden (one of my fav tracks) has been there forever. Now people move near it, and they have the balls to complain about a track that was there for decades.
looks like the new Diamondback MX which was going in about 10 minutes from me has been shot down also. John Coen who promoted the old diamondback was working with a local business owner and they started building the new track. this man owns many resorts in the town had just purchased the hotel which used to have an old race car track out back. he supposidly put 80,000 iplus the initial investment nto it already since the property is cleared and the track was built. this until a few of the neighbors, one a lawyer and one who works for the dec took him to supreme court. this after the other local business owners and town was totally behind the new project.
Devil1nNj
10/7/2009 3:47pm
Wow that is insane. How far was this from the DB/ACE Property?
Wandell
10/7/2009 5:13pm
Dedi684, I think you need to file a police report yourself. In the State of Georgia we have a stalking law. It basically says that it is illegal to follow or place under survelience anyone for the purpose of harasment or intimidation. I'll tell you the same thing I tell my victims, most of the evidence in any stalking case is up to the victim to prove. Get a notebook and start keeping detailed documation on every incident. Write down the date and time and any witnesses present anytime the start watching, taking pics or driving by. It would also be wise to keep a camera or video recorder handy to further document the incidents. Remember, stalking (at least in GA) is not just one incident, but a series of incidents. After you document a series of these incidents, file a report. I'm not saying to seek a warrant, but if they start pushing the issue go for it! I'm sure your state has a similar stalking law. I'd suggest you research it and become familar with it.
FLmxer
Fantasy
905th
10/7/2009 6:04pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 2:37am
That really sucks. People need to get a life. I live in a beach retirement town and live in one of the few estate neighborhoods that have land averaging only about two acres a homesite. My property has 15 ft plus areca palms around 75 percent of the property line that help the noise. I only have a small track on the side of my house out of site and we ride our TTR 125's and pitbikes with stock exhausts for a fix here and there.The side of my yard that is exposed and all but the two foot rut around my track is perfect green grass and flawless so complaners would have to take that into consideration. I actually ride it more during the week days when people are at work and never if I know my neighbors are out and about. I would never "ride" the 450 there because the HOA would flip even though there are a few quads in here on the streets the last few years and they never say anything. A few of the kids around have been to STMX and they think I am like a god so if any of my nieghbors ever did complain I would try and work something out, if not those neighborhood kids would hate to see me stressed. LOL Devil

My parents community is next to a golf course and I have fished in thier lake for many years for bass, you can stand in one spot and catch them every time like a dream. So the security pulls up across the lake the other day as a friend and I were catching them on topwater plugs left and right and releasing them and yells across that we can't fish there. I said "What?! I have fished here my whole life and its probally the last good honest fun left in this country and you are gonna take that away from people too? I don't know what communist country you are from but this is just unbelievable." He thought for a minute and said, You are right. Nevermind. He just waves now. WassatW00t That never happens.
dedi684
10/7/2009 7:17pm
thanks Wandell!

and the new Diamondback is an hr north of those locations, greene county town of east durham
YZBooster
10/7/2009 7:24pm
Send them a free DVD - "Worlds Greatest Indian"; maybe they'll relate to Sir Anthony Hopkins...
MX479Guy
10/7/2009 7:27pm
Keep riding and enjoy yourself. Let them keep spending money on that fence.

Post a reply to: neighbor troubles... wtf

The Latest