nagal passing n gapping, RV,TC n 25

struth
3/29/2015 5:51pm Edited Date/Time 3/31/2015 7:22am
Taped the races on foxtel...N holy shit nagal passing Rv in moto one n in moto 2 passing 222 n the 25 n gapping them..

Best bit at end of race he had no idea he had won the overall
Great track,great crowd and tip top tv coverage.

|
Flip109
3/29/2015 6:20pm
Yeah I don't know to much about the GP riders besides the really heavy hitters. That guy on a new bike and team winning has got to really have some people over there surprised! Has he always been this good?
ML512
Fantasy
36th
3/29/2015 6:21pm
Flip109 wrote:
Yeah I don't know to much about the GP riders besides the really heavy hitters. That guy on a new bike and team winning has got...
Yeah I don't know to much about the GP riders besides the really heavy hitters. That guy on a new bike and team winning has got to really have some people over there surprised! Has he always been this good?
He's been a title contender in past seasons, but always struggles with injuries.
St Ann More
3/29/2015 6:22pm
Flip109 wrote:
Yeah I don't know to much about the GP riders besides the really heavy hitters. That guy on a new bike and team winning has got...
Yeah, he's always been one of the top guys, great starter too. Injuries and putting it all together has been the problem.
mjskier
3/29/2015 9:38pm Edited Date/Time 3/29/2015 9:38pm
He isn't exactly an unknown quantity. Racer X had an interview with him last year: http://racerxonline.com/2014/09/15/open-mic-max-nagl

What I find interesting is his take on HRC:
It is quite hard for them to improve the bike and maybe my expectations were too high; that’s why I was not feeling 100 percent comfortable sometimes.
Might explain Gauthier Paulin's lack of form...

The Shop

Zracer
3/29/2015 9:42pm
Nagl is Mxgps version of Canard. Good to see him getting it done,
3/29/2015 9:51pm
Max has always had the speed but like the other's stated, he has a history of injuries. His KTM stint was expecially a raw deal for Max and Honda had to reconsider and tinker with it's European race program after Max's departure to get Gauthier interested during the KRT/RV dealings
tvo314
3/29/2015 10:54pm
He was a step above everyone else that second moto. Really looked fantastic. I'm happy to see Husky find some success with him.
SquidBro
3/29/2015 11:35pm
Bro rocked up to that second moto and bossed it!
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
3/30/2015 12:20am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 12:20am
Nagl always was a top guy before the last few injury and curious illness filled years. He had food poisoning issues the last years on those fly away races, so from this year on he brings his own food to these fly away races.
And I think the Husky suits him very good, at least he said that he felt comfortable on it from the first time he rode it.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that he is still on the "old" (2014?) bike, but testet the new bike (2015?) already and will probably race it when they hit the european races. I just hope the new bike will be even better for him than the old one.
3/30/2015 3:16am
Looks like his KTM days again and then some,incredible ride,he's a great guy,lets hope he stays healthy
ayearinmx
3/30/2015 3:21am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 3:23am
mxmasta wrote:
Nagl always was a top guy before the last few injury and curious illness filled years. He had food poisoning issues the last years on those...
Nagl always was a top guy before the last few injury and curious illness filled years. He had food poisoning issues the last years on those fly away races, so from this year on he brings his own food to these fly away races.
And I think the Husky suits him very good, at least he said that he felt comfortable on it from the first time he rode it.
I am pretty sure I read somewhere that he is still on the "old" (2014?) bike, but testet the new bike (2015?) already and will probably race it when they hit the european races. I just hope the new bike will be even better for him than the old one.
3/30/2015 3:33am
mxmasta wrote:
Nagl always was a top guy before the last few injury and curious illness filled years. He had food poisoning issues the last years on those...
As I read in the German crossmag Nagl gels perfectly with the bike. He says it's not really different than the KTM he rode in 2012 but the suspension makes the real difference. He said it was the weak point of the KTM. Also he stated that they have the strongest bike in MXGP and could make it even stronger if they wanted to. Further I read somewhere that tonkov will certainly race the 16 Husky in Trentino. The rest is testing at the moment and race it also in trentino if they like it. I will be there to see what they race.
Rowlands
3/30/2015 4:14am Edited Date/Time 3/30/2015 4:14am
Solid ride from him but you can see why he struggles with injuries, the guy doesn't fuck around that's for sure. Loose as a goose
ATKpilot99
3/30/2015 4:36am
I remember him racing a 125 against a field of 250fs before KTM had theirs ready . Been a fan ever since . If RV cant win it I hope he does.
edub
3/30/2015 4:45am
Max was Vice World Champion in 2009 behind TC222. Part of that year he raced with broken bones in his hand. At that time, he could not practice during the week and had to ice his hand before racing. Without that injury, he could have been the Champion in 2009.
He is a MX racer with lots of bad luck. But he is a fighter and a "Stehaufmaennchen". People counted him out and next race he won. So hopefully he stays on two wheels and injury free. A healthy Max can win the title.
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
3/30/2015 5:00am
Yes Max was on it in 2009, but to be honest, it was mostly his thing to holeshot the race, get a good gap in the first few laps and then hope to not get passed by anyone until the checkers. And I don't mean that in any negative manner, it is just the way i remember most of his races back then.

But the way he rode yesterday, passing the top guys in front of him with not getting the best of starts, is a really exciting thing to see. When has he ever passed TC222 or CD25 for the race win? Not very often. And that's what changed this year. I just hope he can keep up this attitude and confidence.
Flip109
3/30/2015 5:08am
Well he definitely is making that white bike look good! He shouldn't change bikes like someone else said if he is winning races.....

I haven't found my self rewatching any races this year yet. But I will probably watch this one a few more times. That track and dirt just had me drooling.
Fastbelly
3/30/2015 5:12am
Unknown? Apart from victory at the MXDN with Ken Roc and Marcus Schiifer!
themrtoad
3/30/2015 5:19am
mxmasta wrote:
Yes Max was on it in 2009, but to be honest, it was mostly his thing to holeshot the race, get a good gap in the...
Yes Max was on it in 2009, but to be honest, it was mostly his thing to holeshot the race, get a good gap in the first few laps and then hope to not get passed by anyone until the checkers. And I don't mean that in any negative manner, it is just the way i remember most of his races back then.

But the way he rode yesterday, passing the top guys in front of him with not getting the best of starts, is a really exciting thing to see. When has he ever passed TC222 or CD25 for the race win? Not very often. And that's what changed this year. I just hope he can keep up this attitude and confidence.
I agree Max is riding better than ever before, and he has a bigger repertoar now, but he is still a great starter.

To pass RV, AC and Desalle is quite a statement. Maybe he can focus in a better way since he become a father? His life is not just about mx 24/7 like it used to be? His bikes also looks the most impressive of all the bikes out there.
edub
3/30/2015 5:38am
mxmasta wrote:
Yes Max was on it in 2009, but to be honest, it was mostly his thing to holeshot the race, get a good gap in the...

I agree. Passing RV2, TC222 and CD25 is a new level. But like I said, Max was injured in 2009. I remember a picture showing his hand connected to a special refridgerator to ice his hand and become pain-free for the race
Ardfarkl
3/30/2015 6:09am
mjskier wrote:
He isn't exactly an unknown quantity. Racer X had an interview with him last year: [url=http://racerxonline.com/2014/09/15/open-mic-max-nagl]http://racerxonline.com/2014/09/15/open-mic-max-nagl[/url] What I find interesting is his take on HRC: [b]It...
He isn't exactly an unknown quantity. Racer X had an interview with him last year: http://racerxonline.com/2014/09/15/open-mic-max-nagl

What I find interesting is his take on HRC:
It is quite hard for them to improve the bike and maybe my expectations were too high; that’s why I was not feeling 100 percent comfortable sometimes.
Might explain Gauthier Paulin's lack of form...
I was SO bummed when Gauthier Paulin left Kawi. He looked great on it last year!
The Rock
3/30/2015 6:55pm
I believe now "the Euros are so slow" banter can be buried. What does everyone else think?
mxmasta
Fantasy
651st
3/30/2015 11:51pm
Interesting little info I just read in a german magazine:
Nagl's bike died just when when the second moto 5sec board went up. Luckily he has the electronic start. Right after he restartet the bike the gate fell and he had to gas it right away. Still had a decent start despite all that.

Also he says, that he really struggled on saturday practice and qualifying races with bike set up and lines on the track. But after watching TCs and RVs lines in the quali heat, and changing some settings, he really felt good on sunday (well, that last part we all know already).
Jrewing
3/31/2015 5:23am
He's on the redbull training program too.

I like the guy.
TMV
3/31/2015 6:54am
mxmasta wrote:
Interesting little info I just read in a german magazine: Nagl's bike died just when when the second moto 5sec board went up. Luckily he has...
Interesting little info I just read in a german magazine:
Nagl's bike died just when when the second moto 5sec board went up. Luckily he has the electronic start. Right after he restartet the bike the gate fell and he had to gas it right away. Still had a decent start despite all that.

Also he says, that he really struggled on saturday practice and qualifying races with bike set up and lines on the track. But after watching TCs and RVs lines in the quali heat, and changing some settings, he really felt good on sunday (well, that last part we all know already).
Interesting too, Cairoli said Max destroyed his gate line before the first start and that it was the first time he had to see this. They had an argument and he said he was tense because of that. He said Max doesn't deserve respect.

He also said he doesn't care too much about Villopoto right now, more concerned about the guys who are in front of him...

http://www.moto.it/motocross/cairoli-nagl-una-persona-che-non-merita-ri…
rangot
3/31/2015 6:59am
TMV wrote:
Interesting too, Cairoli said Max destroyed his gate line before the first start and that it was the first time he had to see this. They...
Interesting too, Cairoli said Max destroyed his gate line before the first start and that it was the first time he had to see this. They had an argument and he said he was tense because of that. He said Max doesn't deserve respect.

He also said he doesn't care too much about Villopoto right now, more concerned about the guys who are in front of him...

Adam Wheeler has a little more on this subject on the last OTOR issue. Looks like TC "stoled" Nagl's gate, so Max was not too, pumped on it.
TMV
3/31/2015 7:03am Edited Date/Time 3/31/2015 7:05am
TMV wrote:
Interesting too, Cairoli said Max destroyed his gate line before the first start and that it was the first time he had to see this. They...

rangot wrote:
Adam Wheeler has a little more on this subject on the last OTOR issue. Looks like TC "stoled" Nagl's gate, so Max was not too, pumped...
Adam Wheeler has a little more on this subject on the last OTOR issue. Looks like TC "stoled" Nagl's gate, so Max was not too, pumped on it.
Pourcel style, lol!

There are always two sides of a story.
rangot
3/31/2015 7:11am
Strijbos did it to Pichon when Mickael was in his rookie year, giving him a "thank you for the prep, good job !" It's a common thing to do to mess with a rider's mind just before a start.

Post a reply to: nagal passing n gapping, RV,TC n 25

The Latest