my observations from A1

Ddavis
1/11/2010 6:20pm Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 12:01pm
Track, looked weird. didnt look like a typical A1 track, no flow, triples were tough in pratice, i liked it tho!

James Stewart, although he almost lost to ryan dungey. he still looked like the fastest guy out there when it really came down to it.

Ryan Dungey, is gonna be james' biggest competitor in 2010, chad reed didn't even have anything for rd all day.

Monster Kawasaki, RV2 and Reed looked off all day, ryan looked hurt (he did have a pratice crash i heard). I don't remember seeing chad reed out there all day! in pratice he wasnt as fast as i thought, then a distant 3rd in the heat race, and DNF'ing the main. Is chad reeds time up? he really needs to win phoenix to be considered a title threat again.

Jake Weimer, didnt look that fast, but he was! only person that will challenge jake speed wise is trey canard.

Trey Canard, very fast. hopefully he can get some wins this year!

Ryan Morias, the older he gets, the faster he gets! i spy a first win from him this year.

TLD Honda, cole and wil both impressed me, theyre both showing their full potential and i hope they both can break the top 5 this year, they both have the speed and talent!

K-Dub, looks better then ever!

Andrew Short, came out swinging in pratice! scrubbing the triples flat and riding really aggressive.

Davi Millsaps, looks hungry! he almost took a big digger in the second rythm lane in the main while battling with JB and Hill, and salvaged a 9th.

Chris Blose, looked horrible. the west-coast standout from last year took two big crashes in the heat race and didnt come out for the lcq.

Dan Reardon, had a horrible crash coming out of the whoops! his roomate cody mackie was sitting right in front of me when it happened, i guess cody is gonna be doin the dishes this week Wink jk

and im bored, thats it.
|
fencepost
1/11/2010 6:37pm
How about some capital letters sometime? And what's with all the !!!!!!!!?
jeffro503
1/11/2010 6:42pm
Well shit.....i have seen some pretty good posts from Devin lately. But even when he starts a good thread like this , he gets guys in here calling him names and flicking him shit?

Devin......I think that was a really good report man! Thanks!
88sdad
1/11/2010 6:49pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well shit.....i have seen some pretty good posts from Devin lately. But even when he starts a good thread like this , he gets guys in...
Well shit.....i have seen some pretty good posts from Devin lately. But even when he starts a good thread like this , he gets guys in here calling him names and flicking him shit?

Ya, he just young and trying to hard.

He does love motocross though.
jeffro503
1/11/2010 7:48pm
jeffro503 wrote:
Well shit.....i have seen some pretty good posts from Devin lately. But even when he starts a good thread like this , he gets guys in...

88sdad wrote:
Ya, he just young and trying to hard.

He does love motocross though.
yep....i agree! I know dang well that Devin has made some pretty weird and stupid threads , but he's a young kid that loves the sport. I have been in on some of the verbal thrashings that he has taken on here , because at THAT time , i think they were well deserved. But a thread like this??.....come on guys , sheesh.......have you looked at some of the stupid threads that have popped up here in the last couple weeks? Besides , he did a great run down of what he saw there.

The Shop

Wandell
1/11/2010 7:52pm
Maybe he shoulda started another stupid Nike boot thread.Dry
Ddavis
1/11/2010 7:52pm Edited Date/Time 4/17/2016 7:57pm
O/A

it was the best supercross race/night show ive ever seen!

and im pretty sure that A1 this year was the 20th supercross ive been to since vegas 04
mt798
1/11/2010 7:58pm
Thanks for the report dude...
Rasta88
1/11/2010 8:02pm
Ddavis wrote:
O/A it was the best supercross race/night show ive ever seen! and im pretty sure that A1 this year was the 20th supercross ive been to...
O/A

it was the best supercross race/night show ive ever seen!

and im pretty sure that A1 this year was the 20th supercross ive been to since vegas 04
your so cool
f4ctry
1/11/2010 8:09pm
Reardons roommate is bubbas old riding buddy
500guy
1/11/2010 8:12pm
I don't see how you think Chris Blose was bad, he was in 5th in the qualifier when he crashed having it pinned in the whoops.

Don't get me wrong, I think he had a bit of the 1st race nerves but he was far from terrible.
gt80rider
1/11/2010 8:34pm
Ddavis...... thanks for the report...... but did you really think K-dub was faster than ever?? like faster than 97 vegas or 98 on the 250 yamahas??? i wasn't there, and he didn't get much tv time... but to be faster than ever is a big statement... i hope it's true.... if he's faster than ever, he would be a threat to Blubbba....
Ddavis
1/11/2010 8:36pm
500guy wrote:
I don't see how you think Chris Blose was bad, he was in 5th in the qualifier when he crashed having it pinned in the whoops...
I don't see how you think Chris Blose was bad, he was in 5th in the qualifier when he crashed having it pinned in the whoops.

Don't get me wrong, I think he had a bit of the 1st race nerves but he was far from terrible.
I just thought he was gonna do better then he did, even in pratice he didnt look that good.

Somebody that really shouldnt be out there is Derek Costella! He was alll over the place, i give repect to anyone who can go out there and jump the majority of obstacles at supercross, but damn derek costella was makin me nervous every time he jumped something.
crowe176
1/11/2010 8:38pm
Ddavis, sick report bro!

Just kidding, you're still king of the ratards.
Sandberm
1/11/2010 9:37pm
Thanks for the report Ddavis.

Id go ahead and burn your Derek Costella fan club membership card...I have a feeling your not going to be welcome at any of his Bar b ques.
Shenzi
Fantasy
1267th
1/11/2010 10:37pm
Good report, thanks!
zjbell
1/11/2010 10:38pm
crowe176 wrote:
Ddavis, sick report bro!

Just kidding, you're still king of the ratards.
like rain man?
Friday
1/11/2010 10:41pm
Hey Devin. Didn't see you at Piru today. It was kinda surreal. Laughing But the track was awesome today. Just perfect!
MX Culture
1/12/2010 12:02am
Ddavis wrote:
Track, looked weird. didnt look like a typical A1 track, no flow, triples were tough in pratice, i liked it tho!James Stewart, although...
Track, looked weird. didnt look like a typical A1 track, no flow, triples were tough in pratice, i liked it tho!

James Stewart, although he almost lost to ryan dungey. he still looked like the fastest guy out there when it really came down to it.

Ryan Dungey, is gonna be james' biggest competitor in 2010, chad reed didn't even have anything for rd all day.

Monster Kawasaki, RV2 and Reed looked off all day, ryan looked hurt (he did have a pratice crash i heard). I don't remember seeing chad reed out there all day! in pratice he wasnt as fast as i thought, then a distant 3rd in the heat race, and DNF'ing the main. Is chad reeds time up? he really needs to win phoenix to be considered a title threat again.

Jake Weimer, didnt look that fast, but he was! only person that will challenge jake speed wise is trey canard.

Trey Canard, very fast. hopefully he can get some wins this year!

Ryan Morias, the older he gets, the faster he gets! i spy a first win from him this year.

TLD Honda, cole and wil both impressed me, theyre both showing their full potential and i hope they both can break the top 5 this year, they both have the speed and talent!

K-Dub, looks better then ever!

Andrew Short, came out swinging in pratice! scrubbing the triples flat and riding really aggressive.

Davi Millsaps, looks hungry! he almost took a big digger in the second rythm lane in the main while battling with JB and Hill, and salvaged a 9th.

Chris Blose, looked horrible. the west-coast standout from last year took two big crashes in the heat race and didnt come out for the lcq.

Dan Reardon, had a horrible crash coming out of the whoops! his roomate cody mackie was sitting right in front of me when it happened, i guess cody is gonna be doin the dishes this week Wink jk

and im bored, thats it.
I noticed something in your observations so I'd like to comment.
RD- you say he will be his biggest threat...because he got second? don't get me wrong, RD looked GREAT, but Reed will be back next week on 1's tail.
TC- you say he's the only one who will challange JW12...cause he got second? did you watch anyone else??? Tickle looked awesome, Wilbur was on it! Hansen was fast as hell. Morias is determined. ect, ect. you are way off on this one bud.
KW- better than ever? cause he got 3rd? he had more stamina than almost everyone else and did look good, but better than ever? he was never on the board in practice and I'm a huge 14 fan.
is Reed's time up? are you serious?
my initaials are DD also and you are making us look bad. let Matthes do the observations, you can do opinions next time.
-the real DD
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/12/2010 12:05am
I love some DDs. Others? Not so much. Wink
MX Culture
1/12/2010 12:11am
better not be me!

the real DD's - (@ @)
GuyB
Fantasy
1274th
1/12/2010 12:22am
(@ Y @)
Ddavis
1/12/2010 12:29am
go make your own fucking observations thread. this is MY OBSERVATIONS thread, not yours, bud!
zookrider62!
Fantasy
975th
1/12/2010 6:31am
500guy wrote:
I don't see how you think Chris Blose was bad, he was in 5th in the qualifier when he crashed having it pinned in the whoops...

Ddavis wrote:
I just thought he was gonna do better then he did, even in pratice he didnt look that good. Somebody that really shouldnt be out there...
I just thought he was gonna do better then he did, even in pratice he didnt look that good.

Somebody that really shouldnt be out there is Derek Costella! He was alll over the place, i give repect to anyone who can go out there and jump the majority of obstacles at supercross, but damn derek costella was makin me nervous every time he jumped something.
Didnt Costella make it into the night show?
agency399
1/12/2010 6:51am
Thanks for the write up dude.....for someone across the country, its nice to get as much info as possible. Just to help with the S/X M/X fix!
swizcore
1/12/2010 7:07am
Good grief, I realize its the cool thing to do to rip DD but this was a very non-inflamatory post as far as he goes.
txmxer
1/12/2010 7:17am
gt80rider wrote:
Ddavis...... thanks for the report...... but did you really think K-dub was faster than ever?? like faster than 97 vegas or 98 on the 250 yamahas...
Ddavis...... thanks for the report...... but did you really think K-dub was faster than ever?? like faster than 97 vegas or 98 on the 250 yamahas??? i wasn't there, and he didn't get much tv time... but to be faster than ever is a big statement... i hope it's true.... if he's faster than ever, he would be a threat to Blubbba....
wisdom comes with age...obviously, Devin is only looking at last year or two.

KDub still looks great on a bike, is fast as hell, but he wasn't 29 seconds back on a clear track back then either.
mxdancer
1/12/2010 10:13am
500guy wrote:

Ddavis wrote:
I just thought he was gonna do better then he did, even in pratice he didnt look that good. Somebody that really shouldnt be out there...

Yeh, I agree with 500guy....to make a call like "TERRIBLE" was a little over-the-top on CB. He was trying to go the speed he would be comfortable with on most SX tracks. The fact that he never set the world on fire during his practice should tell anyone that he was not as comfortable as he usually is. So a better observation might have said "Chris Blose struggled all day". But, the fact that he is even mentioned along with the TOP contenders could be considered a compliment...I guess....Unsure

Gma B
Kinetic1
1/12/2010 10:24am Edited Date/Time 1/12/2010 10:25am
Nice report Devin. I think you are a little off base on a few things, but that could be just because you haven't been around the sport for very long. One thing I will say is that Kevin is probably faster than ever, for him. If he was going as fast 5 years ago as he is now he would be winning most motos. We all have to remember that the pace has been raised a lot in the last few years.

And what does that mean Peelout?
jonjon714
1/12/2010 10:38am
Ace Frehley, you didn't mention Ace Frehley.

Post a reply to: my observations from A1

The Latest