mxon

Stoop
Fantasy
1021st
6/28/2011 5:41am Edited Date/Time 1/18/2012 11:57am
mx1 v's mx3, who's going to win Dungey, Reed or Villopoto ?
|
kongols
6/28/2011 6:14am
Frossard.
6/28/2011 6:23am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2011 6:45am
hopefully if everybodys fit, it will be an epic battle between dungey, cairoli, reed, desalle, RV,frossard/pourcel/paulin (depending who is picked)- could be any one of those that wins!

Or maybe roczen will ride the 350 in mx1/mx3 for germany? be very interesting if he does Smile herlings could ride the 350 aswell (coldenhoff mx2, de reuver mx1/mx3)

this years des nations will be a classic if all the contenders are fit! If christophe pourcel is fully fit and racing he could win too!!!

be interesting to see who team GB pick- wilson and searle are pretty much guaranteed a spot if fit, but who should the 3rd spot go to? anstie? brad anderson? billy mackenzie?!!! i guess we will have to wait and see after the british gp!!!

The Shop

6/28/2011 6:49am
Who should team USA pick?!
i think RV and dungey are pretty much guaranteed a spot- what about the 3rd place on the team?! baggett is super fast but gets bad starts and crashes alot! would RV or dungey still be elligible for mx2? if so then how about windham for one of the big bike spots?! k dub, rv and dungey would be a GREAT team! or canard, who else?
kongols
6/28/2011 8:49am
Who should team USA pick?! i think RV and dungey are pretty much guaranteed a spot- what about the 3rd place on the team?! baggett is...
Who should team USA pick?!
i think RV and dungey are pretty much guaranteed a spot- what about the 3rd place on the team?! baggett is super fast but gets bad starts and crashes alot! would RV or dungey still be elligible for mx2? if so then how about windham for one of the big bike spots?! k dub, rv and dungey would be a GREAT team! or canard, who else?
Anybody who thinks that Decoster will put RV, RD or TC on a small bike is delusional.
Sondy132001
6/28/2011 9:34am
Stoop wrote:
mx1 v's mx3, who's going to win Dungey, Reed or Villopoto ?
OK I'm going to let you slide since you're a foreigner, but for future it's MXdN...no O it's a D =) We don't take kindly to people who try and change HISTORY.

S
6/28/2011 10:00am Edited Date/Time 6/28/2011 10:00am
Roczen vs Baggett will be worth the price of admission alone. But who knows? Knowing the way these things go they might not get near each other all weekend, you can never tell. There's plenty of riders good enough to play spoiler - Wilson, Osborne, Herlings, Searle etc. I don't think Ken will ride the 350.

As far as MX1 and MX3 go.... again it's impossible to predict really, there's just so many good riders. Obviously you have to bet on the usual suspects but I would think Frossard should be especially strong given that the race will be in France and he won a moto there at the GP this year I believe.

Just hope that everyone stays healthy. Losing Musquin was a real downer.
6/28/2011 11:49am
Bagget on 250 without a question.

TC has been of the bike for too long, and he's used to his 450.

Dungey and RV are no brainers.
uk125250
6/28/2011 12:22pm
Omara on a tiddler.
Titan1
6/28/2011 2:01pm
The MX1/3 choices are easy (RV, and RD)....but I've got to be honest, none of the American MX2 candidates have really shown me anything that would make and obvious choice. Sure, there are fast guys in the class, but they are super inconsistent (like ALL of them), but I guess that comes with the class. At this point, Baggett is the front runner.

Either way...USA wins the event by a mile.

(and if someone mentions Osbourne as a good MX2 candidate for USA, I'm going to have myself a good chuckle...he's not even close to being in the equation....he's like 4th string.)
6/28/2011 2:42pm
Titan1 wrote:
The MX1/3 choices are easy (RV, and RD)....but I've got to be honest, none of the American MX2 candidates have really shown me anything that would...
The MX1/3 choices are easy (RV, and RD)....but I've got to be honest, none of the American MX2 candidates have really shown me anything that would make and obvious choice. Sure, there are fast guys in the class, but they are super inconsistent (like ALL of them), but I guess that comes with the class. At this point, Baggett is the front runner.

(and if someone mentions Osbourne as a good MX2 candidate for USA, I'm going to have myself a good chuckle...he's not even close to being in the equation....he's like 4th string.)
It's between Osborne and Baggett imo. With the performances Blake has put in recently I would have to side with him as being the better bet right now but by no means is Zach a bad one either. He seems to do well at the track in question.
6/29/2011 1:43am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2011 1:46am
Titan1 wrote:
The MX1/3 choices are easy (RV, and RD)....but I've got to be honest, none of the American MX2 candidates have really shown me anything that would...

It's between Osborne and Baggett imo. With the performances Blake has put in recently I would have to side with him as being the better bet...
It's between Osborne and Baggett imo. With the performances Blake has put in recently I would have to side with him as being the better bet right now but by no means is Zach a bad one either. He seems to do well at the track in question.
i think osborne would be a better choice for this year- he's more consistent and goes very well on that track. Baggett is very fast on american tracks, but gets bad starts and crashes alot! If dungey or RV are still elligible for mx2 then i'd put one of those 2 on a 250f, and kdub for one of the 450 spots- how cool would that be?!

team USA's best chance of winning is to be consistently up there in every race (they often get beat in moto's by other countries but consistency usually wins it for them due to other countries having a bad race ie belgium 06 with strijbos' bad race) - RV and dungey both have lots of experience and have ridden at the mxdn before, pretty sure they could both go at least as fast on a 250f as the youngsters, but they have the maturity and experience needed for this event- same with windham on the 450- smooth, consistent- lots of experience.
6/29/2011 2:27am Edited Date/Time 6/29/2011 2:28am
be interesting to see who belgium pick aswell- desalle is an obvious choice if fit, but then theyve got ramon, de dyker and roelants to choose between

same with team gb- wilson and searle will be first choice, but who gets the 3rd spot? billy mac? brad?

team france (if all fit) - who do they pick?! frossard is flying this year, musquin will be fast if fit, same with cristophe pourcel, and seb pourcel! then theres paulin

looking forward to this one, hopefully ill be able to get there cos ive not been to a des nations since matterly in 06, and st jean is an awesome track! just got to figure out how to get there!!! i get back to the uk from a weeks riding in holland on the thursday before the event, so will hopefully be flying out to france on the thursday/ friday!!! SmileSmile

hopefully the sun will be shining, and luck will be on our side- and we will walk away with the trophy like 94!!!!! (wishful thinking i know but anythings possible!)
Gilletty
6/29/2011 2:28am
Ever so slightly off topic. What I don't like about des nations now is three different classes with only two different size bikes. How do you fix it? Maybe throw a 125 in there. Any ideas
6/29/2011 2:34am
Gilletty wrote:
Ever so slightly off topic. What I don't like about des nations now is three different classes with only two different size bikes. How do you...
Ever so slightly off topic. What I don't like about des nations now is three different classes with only two different size bikes. How do you fix it? Maybe throw a 125 in there. Any ideas
i couldnt agree more! i think it should be the same at gps and ama aswell though- run a 125, 250 (2 and 4 stroke) and open class
jamma10
6/29/2011 2:39am
I'm a big fan of Osborne's, he's a fantastic rider and a great addition to the GP's & British Champs. He's also very underrated by Americans and a string of unfortunate MXdN results in recent years means he hasn't really been able to prove himself to you guys. In 2008 he had a cracking 6th place finish onboard a 450 (beating Ferry, Byrne, Metcalfe etc), but it was an aside to the drama concerning Stewart and not covered much on the tv.

However, Bagget looks like he's on a completely different level right now, even with a bad start or a crash he comes back SO strong. I don't know how you could choose anyone over him right now, he's a shoe in for me and a match up with him and Roczen/Herlings would be amazing.

Hopefully Zac will get the chance to ride for Puerto Rico again and really show what he's capable of on a track he favours.

Post a reply to: mxon

The Latest