motoconcepts and a huge announcement coming?

IceMan446
4/26/2012 1:38pm
Sully22 wrote:
You do realize that people with money throw perfectly good money at sporting ventures and teams all the time that they know upfront; lose money, will...
You do realize that people with money throw perfectly good money at sporting ventures and teams all the time that they know upfront; lose money, will lose money, or have no hopes of making money, all in the love of being around athletes, having notoriety, and owning a team is a hobby to them. The NFL is full of them, Paul Allen for example, so is the NBA, and the English Premier League. It's what a lot of rich people do to have a hobby job outside their regular "9 to 5" day to day CEO functions of actual money making business. The Portland Trailblazers and the Rose Garden hemorrhage money, yet Paul Allen shows up at almost every game and buys whatever players he wants....even takes guys like Greg Oden over Kevin Durant but that's a different story for another day.
nickm wrote:
This is very true...a couple of great examples: 1- Ferrari only sold street cars so he cold go racing. The whole ppint of that companys street...
This is very true...a couple of great examples:

1- Ferrari only sold street cars so he cold go racing. The whole ppint of that companys street car program is to finance Formula 1 and to WIN.

2. The red bull family are HUGE racing fans. They want to have their name on everything that wins. By throwing huge dollars at every motorsport in the world they have been quite successful. They are not interested in making money off of racing, they just want to sponsor/own winning teams.

Tell me any one of us, if we had the resources to do so, wouldn't throw cash blindly at a team we believe would be #1 just because a) we want to and b) we can.

If you're trying to figure out a business logic, forget it - it doesn't exist. This is purely and emotional thing!
I wouldnt be suprised if Red Bull doesnt chip in on paying James way out of his contract.
KTMLew
4/26/2012 1:49pm
ocscottie wrote:
Pretty sure that one has already been used "Lew" Cool
Damn...didn't werk fro me on another board either...Oh well!
MT MX
4/26/2012 1:59pm
IceMan446 wrote:
I wouldnt be suprised if Red Bull doesnt chip in on paying James way out of his contract.
I could see that also, considering Red Bull is sponsoring the Outdoor Nationals this year. What better way to get one of their most infamous sponsored riders on the line at Hangtown on a bike he has confidence on.
ocscottie
4/26/2012 2:15pm
Well there goes #5 for Turd Burglar, wonder what he comes up with next? Whistling

The Shop

BobbyM
4/26/2012 2:19pm
wawazat wrote:
Mike is racing for a living and living the dream that me or you or any one of us would love to be living. I'd rather...
Mike is racing for a living and living the dream that me or you or any one of us would love to be living.

I'd rather be a pro golfer, way better pay just to make the cut.
but are you a pro golfer now?

if not would you rather be doing what mike is doing and making good money...instead of doing what you are doing now? that was the question duude!
KTMLew
4/26/2012 2:32pm
ocscottie wrote:
Well there goes #5 for Turd Burglar, wonder what he comes up with next? Whistling
So Turd Burgler is available? Decisions, decisions...
fader418
4/26/2012 2:42pm
Man I got some bad info. I just asked DV on twitter what are the odds JS7 is going to MCR he said 1 billion to 1
ocscottie
4/26/2012 3:20pm
fader418 wrote:
Man I got some bad info. I just asked DV on twitter what are the odds JS7 is going to MCR he said 1 billion to...
Man I got some bad info. I just asked DV on twitter what are the odds JS7 is going to MCR he said 1 billion to 1
So he is saying there is a chance? Laughing
BAMX
4/26/2012 3:24pm
fader418 wrote:
Man I got some bad info. I just asked DV on twitter what are the odds JS7 is going to MCR he said 1 billion to...
ocscottie wrote:
I'd throw $5 at it if I though DV could pay out. Way crazier things have happened in moto.
kwhite199
4/26/2012 3:29pm
fader418 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
ocscottie
4/26/2012 3:32pm
Thx! I didnt feel like taking the time to dig up the vid lol i am "supposed" to be taking a nap Blink
kwhite199
4/26/2012 3:42pm
ocscottie wrote:
Thx! I didnt feel like taking the time to dig up the vid lol i am "supposed" to be taking a nap Blink
No problem. That is one of my favorite movies Wink
Bob454
4/26/2012 7:50pm
Bob454 wrote:
You fit the "goon" profile very well.
Oh, I do? Have you ridden with me?
Well seeing as that you live in CA probably not. Being cocky online proves nothing to me BRO
TX24
4/26/2012 8:20pm
fader418 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
Sounds like a done deal.
BobbyM
4/26/2012 10:49pm
fader418 wrote:
ocscottie wrote:
TX24 wrote:
Sounds like a done deal.
are those odds better or worse than the odds last year on DV working for MCR at this time? Smile
4/26/2012 11:28pm

i just wanted to post this pic. when i saw it on yahoo, vital is the first thing that came to mind.

Post a reply to: motoconcepts and a huge announcement coming?

The Latest