martin MXON gate pick

Anonymous (not verified)
Edited Date/Time 9/29/2015 11:18am
sorry haven't gone through all the threads yet and read, but, did anyone say why they gave martin 2nd (outside) gate pick in his first moto? i believe he lined up next to paulin, because he gave marvin the 1st (inside) gate..

that really shouldn't of happened imo anyone know why??

|
9/28/2015 7:47am
He tends to be a mediocre starter, so why waste it on him. They may have assumed Barcia would have an easier time pinching Marvin off too.
Crush
9/28/2015 7:50am
It's also been the US strategy for pretty much ever.... try to guarantee your number one guy a good shot at a holey and a victory... Even with the inside gate, it's more than likely a 250 won't get the start and then it's wasted... Plus Jmart typically rips through the pack pretty good.
RG1
9/28/2015 7:53am
Well it worked, because Barcia ripped a holeshot and won the moto and Martin got a relatively good start anyway
hasko158
9/28/2015 8:15am
Did he even pass anyone? It seems he finished where he started every moto...a very Dunge like ride at the MXON showing little to no heart. Surprising how much better Musquin was than him.

The Shop

RG1
9/28/2015 8:21am
hasko158 wrote:
Did he even pass anyone? It seems he finished where he started every moto...a very Dunge like ride at the MXON showing little to no heart...
Did he even pass anyone? It seems he finished where he started every moto...a very Dunge like ride at the MXON showing little to no heart. Surprising how much better Musquin was than him.
I think that's being a little harsh. Who beat him that you would expect him to beat? I didn't expect him to be as fast as Marvin round Ernee and he wasn't, be he still rode well
hasko158
9/28/2015 8:30am
hasko158 wrote:
Did he even pass anyone? It seems he finished where he started every moto...a very Dunge like ride at the MXON showing little to no heart...
RG1 wrote:
I think that's being a little harsh. Who beat him that you would expect him to beat? I didn't expect him to be as fast as...
I think that's being a little harsh. Who beat him that you would expect him to beat? I didn't expect him to be as fast as Marvin round Ernee and he wasn't, be he still rode well
Maybe a little harsh but he was WAY off Musquin's pace and I think he should have been able to get Van Horebeek. Just a quiet weekend for him I guess.
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
9/28/2015 8:41am
hasko158 wrote:
The two national champs your bashing. How would you have done?
Thelen20
9/28/2015 8:43am
hasko158 wrote:
Wasn't it like a 19th place start for Martin in the first moto, he came forward pretty good I thought!
Question
9/28/2015 8:49am

Musquin outperformed for various reasons, but Martin did 2 great races, twice 5th, whereas he was starting from the outside. That is not that often that we see that, pretty close to the rides Roczen gave in the last MXdN who started inside.

Also he passed guys like Simpson, Townley and Wilson and managed to held his position in front of Paulin. I think the whole team did well based on the limited experience of the european tracks and how it developped through the week end (long ruts with hard base, choppy).

Lap charts are there:

http://results.mxgp.com/mxgp/standings.aspx
Silliker269
9/28/2015 8:49am
hasko158 wrote:
No ..... just stop
hasko158
9/28/2015 9:07am
hasko158 wrote:
imoto34 wrote:
The two national champs your bashing. How would you have done?
I'm not bashing anyone...and let's no go with the "how would you have done" as I'm just a fan giving my thoughts. Just thought he'd be better.
kawirider819
9/28/2015 9:12am
hasko158 wrote:
I'm not bashing anyone...and let's no go with the "how would you have done" as I'm just a fan giving my thoughts. Just thought he'd be...
I'm not bashing anyone...and let's no go with the "how would you have done" as I'm just a fan giving my thoughts. Just thought he'd be better.
Bashing is when you say a rider is giving little to no heart. Come on dude, if you ride you can't honestly think he wasn't giving it his heart out there. Get real.
hasko158
9/28/2015 9:16am
hasko158 wrote:
I'm not bashing anyone...and let's no go with the "how would you have done" as I'm just a fan giving my thoughts. Just thought he'd be...
Bashing is when you say a rider is giving little to no heart. Come on dude, if you ride you can't honestly think he wasn't giving...
Bashing is when you say a rider is giving little to no heart. Come on dude, if you ride you can't honestly think he wasn't giving it his heart out there. Get real.
Ok, I can see that...I'll go with "uninspiring" then...he rode good, not great. First moto he started about 9th and got 5th and second moto he started 4th and got 5th.
Grieby54
9/28/2015 9:22am
hasko158 wrote:
Bashing is when you say a rider is giving little to no heart. Come on dude, if you ride you can't honestly think he wasn't giving...
hasko158 wrote:
Ok, I can see that...I'll go with "uninspiring" then...he rode good, not great. First moto he started about 9th and got 5th and second moto he...
Ok, I can see that...I'll go with "uninspiring" then...he rode good, not great. First moto he started about 9th and got 5th and second moto he started 4th and got 5th.
He was beaten by ONE 250F. What a shitty ride for him...
ML512
Fantasy
54th
9/28/2015 9:26am
hasko158 wrote:
hasko158 wrote:
Ok, I can see that...I'll go with "uninspiring" then...he rode good, not great. First moto he started about 9th and got 5th and second moto he...
Re-watch the start, he was actually around 19th coming through the first turn in moto one. J-Mart was only out scored by one MX2 rider. He put in a pretty darn good performance.
philG
9/28/2015 9:38am
The start was one where you could sweep wide from the outside, taking the inside gate wasn't a given, I think even the first guys to pick went a few gates out. At least from the outside you don't get shut down, which is exactly what happened to him at Utah.
philG
9/28/2015 9:41am
hasko158 wrote:
Based on what.. Marvin beat him enough this season, and he was second 250. Another dreamer who just expects stuff is going to happen without actually knowing what is going on.
yak651
Fantasy
192nd
9/28/2015 10:05am
Monday morning QB, but why not race Barcia vs Febvre instead of Cooper? Just figuring that Barcia would have an easier chance at a moto win without doing it this way? Seems you would want someone besides a rookie 450 rider going against the GP Champ.
early
Fantasy
2231st
9/28/2015 10:13am
Another way to look at Martin's ride is the US was fortunate that Webb falls and Barcias risks were not more costly. France is really fortunate their crashes in moto 1 were not more costly. Im sure Martin didnt want to pull a Tomac 2013.
hasko158
9/28/2015 11:02am
yak651 wrote:
Monday morning QB, but why not race Barcia vs Febvre instead of Cooper? Just figuring that Barcia would have an easier chance at a moto win...
Monday morning QB, but why not race Barcia vs Febvre instead of Cooper? Just figuring that Barcia would have an easier chance at a moto win without doing it this way? Seems you would want someone besides a rookie 450 rider going against the GP Champ.
Be careful..these pros are going to say "you're bashing", "you could do better"....
hasko158
9/28/2015 11:06am
hasko158 wrote:
philG wrote:
Based on what.. Marvin beat him enough this season, and he was second 250. Another dreamer who just expects stuff is going to happen without actually...
Based on what.. Marvin beat him enough this season, and he was second 250. Another dreamer who just expects stuff is going to happen without actually knowing what is going on.
Yeah, you're right, I have no clue how moto works...could you please explain?
9/28/2015 11:14am
is there a morning after pil for all the what ifs and shoulda , woulda ,coulda ?? LaughingLaughing im dutch , im glad im not a US or France fan , my heart would have stopped this race ...this is how it should be , pure racing ...loved it
hasko158
9/28/2015 11:20am
is there a morning after pil for all the what ifs and shoulda , woulda ,coulda ?? :laugh: :laugh: im dutch , im glad im not...
is there a morning after pil for all the what ifs and shoulda , woulda ,coulda ?? LaughingLaughing im dutch , im glad im not a US or France fan , my heart would have stopped this race ...this is how it should be , pure racing ...loved it
It was amazing racing, I wish every weekend was like that.
9/28/2015 11:34am
is there a morning after pil for all the what ifs and shoulda , woulda ,coulda ?? :laugh: :laugh: im dutch , im glad im not...
hasko158 wrote:
It was amazing racing, I wish every weekend was like that.
same here , it just gives it a massive boost to see USA and rest of world racing in a moto ..love it
we need more of this racing , i dont care who wins ...... just for the fans
PressPassP
9/28/2015 12:18pm Edited Date/Time 9/28/2015 12:19pm
hasko158 wrote:
RG1 wrote:
I think that's being a little harsh. Who beat him that you would expect him to beat? I didn't expect him to be as fast as...
hasko158 wrote:
Maybe a little harsh but he was WAY off Musquin's pace and I think he should have been able to get Van Horebeek. Just a quiet...
Maybe a little harsh but he was WAY off Musquin's pace and I think he should have been able to get Van Horebeek. Just a quiet weekend for him I guess.
Why "should" he have been able to get Van Horebeek? I know JVH hasn't had a season as good as last year but can have some awesome rides,which he produced on the day.Look at his fastest laptimes,quicker than Barcia and Webb in the last Moto

Martin rode amazingly,he didn't crash and put times up there with the frontrunners
9/28/2015 3:08pm
i dont agree with the move putting martin outside on a 250 though...still....barcia, had the skills, focus and speed all weekend to get a (inside the top10) start if he was outside, and martin could of benefitted from an inside gate and would of been closer to the front. barcia has the horseys to catch the other riders up the hills and such, jmart wasn't....

again, just my 2 cents
philG
9/28/2015 4:07pm
hasko158 wrote:
philG wrote:
Based on what.. Marvin beat him enough this season, and he was second 250. Another dreamer who just expects stuff is going to happen without actually...
hasko158 wrote:
Yeah, you're right, I have no clue how moto works...could you please explain?
Why did you think he would be better?

He's an AMA champion, and he got beat by the guy that beat him the most this year.

He can only beat who is there , if the full MX2 field was there , and he went 6-6 in MX2 , maybe you could moan, but he rode well, and was the only MX2 guy on the same page as Marvin.

9/28/2015 7:31pm
I'd agree that I thought he'd be a bit faster. But it's also true that I was much more nervous about the pace that Webb and Barcia were running, and that I screamed each time those guys bobbled or worse. You could argue that if Webb didn't stall it, it was ours since he was setting sail in front of Barcia at that point. So I think it's tough to be too hard on Martin. He was fast and solid. But he did lack the panache and fight that our scrappers brought to the game. One thing is for sure: Martin has had shit starts all year and that has been costly.
9/28/2015 9:33pm
hasko158 wrote:
Maybe you should watch the race before you spew shit. If you say you watched the race and this is what you posted after doing so. Well that explains why you're such an idiot. You call yourself a fan? Your brain is way off the pace. Your posts are proof of this unlike Martins results and lap times.
hasko158
9/29/2015 6:15am
hasko158 wrote:
Maybe you should watch the race before you spew shit. If you say you watched the race and this is what you posted after doing so...
Maybe you should watch the race before you spew shit. If you say you watched the race and this is what you posted after doing so. Well that explains why you're such an idiot. You call yourself a fan? Your brain is way off the pace. Your posts are proof of this unlike Martins results and lap times.
It amazes me how keyboard warriors can't just disagree, they have to call you an idiot for stating your opinion because it doesn't line up with theirs, reminds me why I don't frequent the site more....good luck in the real world!

Post a reply to: martin MXON gate pick

The Latest