malcom stewart

Stanford
3/23/2011 12:41pm
flarider wrote:
Buncha flip floppers Seems to me, before the east coast began, many of you were saying he'd be lucky to qualify and/or make a top 15...
Buncha flip floppers

Seems to me, before the east coast began, many of you were saying he'd be lucky to qualify and/or make a top 15

When I said he'd top five and likely podium at some point, I was laughed at

Bandwagon jumpers

You're right Dave (and it pains me to say thatEvil )- I remember A LOT of people making some pretty negative comments prior to the season. I held my opinion at the time, but I'll admit that he is doing much better than I thought he would.
TeamGreen
3/23/2011 12:41pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2011 12:41pm
I started the year off sayin', "We'll see...".

Now, I'm sayin', "I wanna see Consistency and solid finishes!"

I'll bet Big James is sayin' the same damn-thing, too.

Btw, Dave's a bit biased on the matter.

It's an FL, thang!
pie8man
3/23/2011 12:41pm
For his rookie debut he is doing awesome in my opinion. He has been hit with a touch of bad luck and some rookie decisions on the track by him and others around him but he seems to be keeping his head down and improving every week. The results will come. What could possibly go wrong with JS7 and Sorbet' on your side? I'll bet Sorby is a better riding coach than many of the "paid professionals" out there.
SIMX
3/23/2011 12:48pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2011 12:49pm
Ddavis wrote:
I don't think racing, or not racing your whole life really matters. He has talent and a good work ethic. That's enough to run up front.
I'm not sure why Ralph, RC and Fro keep saying he's not raced all his life. He may have not raced every weekend from say 3 yrs old, like James, but I've seen him pretty regularly at Loretta Lynn qualifiers since he was on 65's and 85's.

He's done his fair share of racing. Maybe not like James, but probably as much as some of the other guys he's running with.

Oh, and for the record, I think he's doing quit well!

The Shop

Overdrive
3/23/2011 2:24pm
I think he has done well, I am sure there are things he would like to change but very good for a rookie year. He's a great addition to the racing scene and I have enjoyed watching his progress as well as many other rookies.
Flatliner
3/23/2011 3:28pm
I like his style. I personally think he may be a little too big for anything less than a full factory 250f, but for what he...
I like his style. I personally think he may be a little too big for anything less than a full factory 250f, but for what he is riding, I think that he is doing awesome.
How good is that bike he's on?

Curious.
flarider
3/23/2011 3:32pm
I like his style. I personally think he may be a little too big for anything less than a full factory 250f, but for what he...
I like his style. I personally think he may be a little too big for anything less than a full factory 250f, but for what he is riding, I think that he is doing awesome.
Flatliner wrote:

Curious.
It's a good bike
TLR does the team engines, except Malcolm's which is a Pro Circuit and he has SFF suspension

jeffro503
3/23/2011 3:53pm
I didn't think he would do worth a shit at first.....but I was mainly looking at what he had accomplished in the AM ranks. Which wasn't much , on top of , he seemed "not focused". BUT.....ever since I saw him at the first round , my opinion changed about him. I just needed to see it , before I believed it. Malcom surprised the hell out of me , and I'm extremely happy for the kid! He has a bunch of talent , and once he figures out how to harness all of it , keep it on two wheels.....he's gonna be a threat!
KAWboy14
3/23/2011 4:04pm
flarider wrote:
Buncha flip floppers Seems to me, before the east coast began, many of you were saying he'd be lucky to qualify and/or make a top 15...
Buncha flip floppers

Seems to me, before the east coast began, many of you were saying he'd be lucky to qualify and/or make a top 15

When I said he'd top five and likely podium at some point, I was laughed at

Bandwagon jumpers

i was one of those guys that didnt think he would even be in the top 10.....you were right!

i owe you a steak and a beer if you come to texas or pappadaeux's
fader418
3/23/2011 4:06pm
Malcolm is obviously really fast.....he's made a few rookie mistakes but everyone does...however I wanna see him ride a 450. He looks a little big for the 250......
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/23/2011 4:08pm
Nobody would start threads about a rookie who is 9 in points if their last name wasn't Stewart.
KAWboy14
3/23/2011 4:09pm
fader418 wrote:
Malcolm is obviously really fast.....he's made a few rookie mistakes but everyone does...however I wanna see him ride a 450. He looks a little big for...
Malcolm is obviously really fast.....he's made a few rookie mistakes but everyone does...however I wanna see him ride a 450. He looks a little big for the 250......
i have a feeling that kid is going to be scary fast outdoors, even on the 250
RandyS
3/23/2011 4:15pm Edited Date/Time 3/23/2011 5:07pm
Based on his past history of off and on racing he's doing great. He could be a top guy in a few years, as long as he doesn't go to the Eric Sorby school of passing and making friends he'll be just fine.
TeamGreen
3/23/2011 4:39pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Nobody would start threads about a rookie who is 9 in points if their last name wasn't Stewart.
Really?

"Rookie"

"9th in points"

THAT -IS- the POINT.
flarider
3/23/2011 4:50pm
Thing is, Malcolm has always had it in him, and pulled it out when he wanted to.
A year or so ago, he started to really focus on his racing and make a go of it...he matured
He had the speed, just not the mind, and he found that.
I had no doubt Mookie would perform and push himself.
He's not James and likely never will be, but he'll be a top guy as long as he wants to be
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/23/2011 5:09pm
UpTiTe wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Really?

"Rookie"

"9th in points"

THAT -IS- the POINT.
Really?

Where was all the post when Max Anstie as a rookie was 9?

Where was all the post about Dean Wilson as a rookie in 5?

Or Barcia's who was second, or Tomac"s rookie season's where he sits 3?

Have yet to see asingle thread abouit Jason Anderson who is in the top 10 and a rookie, and has beat Malcolm in more then half the races.
flarider
3/23/2011 5:21pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Really? Where was all the post when Max Anstie as a rookie was 9? Where was all the post about Dean Wilson as a rookie in...
Really?

Have yet to see asingle thread abouit Jason Anderson who is in the top 10 and a rookie, and has beat Malcolm in more then half the races.
Personally, I think Jason is underachieving

and people did talk about Wilson, Barcia and Tomac
P
3/23/2011 5:24pm
UpTiTe wrote:
TeamGreen wrote:
Really?

"Rookie"

"9th in points"

THAT -IS- the POINT.
UpTiTe wrote:
Really? Where was all the post when Max Anstie as a rookie was 9? Where was all the post about Dean Wilson as a rookie in...
Really?

How many threads have you started about Jason Anderson??? Maybe you should be the first instead of trying to piss on someone elses thread?

P
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/23/2011 5:26pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Really?

"Rookie"

"9th in points"

THAT -IS- the POINT.
UpTiTe wrote:
Really?

P wrote:
How many threads have you started about Jason Anderson??? Maybe you should be the first instead of trying to piss on someone elses thread?

P
Figures.
UpTiTe
Fantasy
4109th
3/23/2011 5:42pm
UpTiTe wrote:
Really?

flarider wrote:
Personally, I think Jason is underachieving

and people did talk about Wilson, Barcia and Tomac
I think he is underachieving too.

Yeah there were threads about Barcia and Tomac, don't remeber to many about Dean tho. There was nothing ever was said about Anstie, who got 9 on a complete pile of junk.
flarider
3/23/2011 5:53pm
UpTiTe wrote:
I think he is underachieving too. Yeah there were threads about Barcia and Tomac, don't remeber to many about Dean tho. There was nothing ever was...
I think he is underachieving too.

Yeah there were threads about Barcia and Tomac, don't remeber to many about Dean tho. There was nothing ever was said about Anstie, who got 9 on a complete pile of junk.
Well, Anstie was a virtual unknown and those who did know of him likely only know him from that insane dealio at Oak Hill

Using Anstie as an example doesn't really work.
redrider400
3/23/2011 5:55pm
Flatliner wrote:

Curious.
No clue, but I imagine that its down on power compared to the PC and Geico bikes. Just speculating though, I haven't had a chance to ride it, lol.

Post a reply to: malcom stewart

The Latest