looking bad for Herlings

Cygnus
9/13/2014 3:26pm
Herlings just left the paddock to go to the hospital to check his painful leg ...

(source : Moto Verte)
Ouch. Better luck next year .
rmartin517
9/13/2014 3:37pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 3:38pm
What place the Herlings have to finish to secure the championship reguardless of what Tixier get? I dont keep up with to much MXGP but, this has got my attention.
watson
9/13/2014 3:44pm
Kudos for trying, but the MD in Mexico is probably wondering where the guy who cleared Jeffrey to ride with a two-month old broken femur got his medical degree.
steve_97060
9/13/2014 3:45pm
watson wrote:
Kudos for trying, but the MD in [i]Mexico[/i] is probably wondering where the guy who cleared Jeffrey to ride with a two-month old broken femur got...
Kudos for trying, but the MD in Mexico is probably wondering where the guy who cleared Jeffrey to ride with a two-month old broken femur got his medical degree.
probably in some medical school in Mexico...

The Shop

ehr400
9/13/2014 4:43pm
I was going to say good thing 20 guys show up on average for a GP. Only time FIM gets a full gate is at the MXDN. WTF. Hell any top rider can score points when half the field isnt filled.
IceMan446
9/13/2014 4:46pm
Only 23 riders??? WTH

And I hope Tixier wins.
Dx3moto
9/13/2014 4:47pm
Herlings deserves the championship if you go by the most dominant rider.

It would be cool to see Tixier win it, because as we all know, it isn't always the fastest rider, but who can be there all year long. If pure speed was the case, Stewart would have won every championship since 2002.
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/13/2014 4:51pm
- IF TIXIER GOES 1-1: If Tixier were to go 1-1 this weekend (which he has never done in his GP career), Herlings would have to go 7-8 or 8-7 to tie Tixier in points. (Note: Herlings owns the tiebreaker).

- IF TIXIER GOES 1-2: Herlings would at least have to go 9-9, or any other combination that picks up 24 points.

- IF TIXIER GOES 3-3: Herlings would at least have to go 11-14 or 14-11, or any other combination that picks up 17 points.

- IF TIXIER GOES 5-4: Last weekend at the MXGP of Brazil, Tixier finished 5-4 for fourth overall. If he repeats those scores this weekend, Herlings would only have to finish tenth or better in ONE moto.

- IF HERLINGS GAINS 2 POINTS OVER TIXIER’S SCORE IN FIRST MOTO: He will claim his third MX2 crown. Herlings owns the tiebreaker, and Tixier cannot amass more than 25 points in a moto.
steve_97060
9/13/2014 4:54pm
Dx3moto wrote:
Herlings deserves the championship if you go by the most dominant rider. It would be cool to see Tixier win it, because as we all know...
Herlings deserves the championship if you go by the most dominant rider.

It would be cool to see Tixier win it, because as we all know, it isn't always the fastest rider, but who can be there all year long. If pure speed was the case, Stewart would have won every championship since 2002.
I hope Herlings is able to pull it off. say what you want about him but trying to do this shows the heart of a true champion..

as William Munny so eloquently put it, "Deserve's got nothing to do with it."

DonM
9/13/2014 4:59pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Only 23 riders??? WTH

And I hope Tixier wins.
17 regulars the rest are Mexican riders that are way way off the pace...And in the 450's there are only 13 regulars....
IceMan446
9/13/2014 5:02pm
DonM wrote:
17 regulars the rest are Mexican riders that are way way off the pace...And in the 450's there are only 13 regulars....
wow.

I knew the gates were partially empty but didn't know they were close to half full.
aaryn #234
Fantasy
2471st
9/13/2014 5:49pm
Tixier to clean out Herling in the first turn then look for new team to ride for after winning 2014 title!
langhammx
Fantasy
455th
9/13/2014 5:50pm
Claerhout wrote:
How can I watch this ?
Direct TV has it on tomorrow evening here in California on the MAVTV channel 214. MAVTV is a great channel with tons of great Motorsports and lots of racing. http://www.mavtv.com
9/13/2014 5:57pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 5:58pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Only 23 riders??? WTH

And I hope Tixier wins.
Hold a US national in Italy and see how many riders fill the gates. Luongo's plan is working out, mold the GP's into a MotoGP show, where only factory teams join in on the racing. But atleast the MotoGP stands are filled with spectators. The current GP formula from Luongo will never generate that amount of audience at these locations...
DonM
9/13/2014 6:12pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Only 23 riders??? WTH

And I hope Tixier wins.
Hold a US national in Italy and see how many riders fill the gates. Luongo's plan is working out, mold the GP's into a MotoGP show...
Hold a US national in Italy and see how many riders fill the gates. Luongo's plan is working out, mold the GP's into a MotoGP show, where only factory teams join in on the racing. But atleast the MotoGP stands are filled with spectators. The current GP formula from Luongo will never generate that amount of audience at these locations...
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! If the US nationals held a round the gates would be full because there would be a purse and the entry would be 1/10 of what it is in GP's....Keep drinking the Luongo Koolaid
Xavier
9/13/2014 6:39pm Edited Date/Time 9/13/2014 6:46pm
Those who are actually at the track in Mexico report that JH is having a hard time to sit on his bike without outside help and wonder what would happen if he was to crash (if he does actually participate) tomorrow...

Let's just hope it won't turn into a Alessi-to-Colorado type of deal...

Jeffrey is really taking a lot of chances but, at least, whatever the outcome, he can tell himself he tried everything to get that title.

Some will call that stupid, and it may very well be, afterwards.

But hard to deny that the dutch phenomenon is as badass as they come !

Huge respect to Tixier also.

Last week, his younger brother got badly hurt in a bicycle accident and he remains paralyzed from the waist down at this time.

I can't even imagine what was going on through his mind in Brazil, yet he (still) got 4th there (not even mentioning it, so it doesn't sound like an excuse).

Then, Herlings is showing up in Mexico and that has to put the stress factor at another level for Jordi.

Yet he's got a pole, a holeshot and a win so far this week-end.

I'd say KTM has a couple of very badass boys out there.
IWreckALot
9/13/2014 6:53pm
Based on what I've read in this race, there is no way he lines up to race. I'll be very surprised if he does. He's given it a go but there's just no way that after 2 laps and as much pain as he is in, that he'll race.
Piston Slap
Fantasy
2410th
9/13/2014 7:16pm
probably in some medical school in Mexico...
Steve,

I thought that was kinda funny.LaughingTongueCool

PS
9/13/2014 7:33pm
Claerhout wrote:
How can I watch this ?
langhammx wrote:
Direct TV has it on tomorrow evening here in California on the MAVTV channel 214. MAVTV is a great channel with tons of great Motorsports and...
Direct TV has it on tomorrow evening here in California on the MAVTV channel 214. MAVTV is a great channel with tons of great Motorsports and lots of racing. http://www.mavtv.com
so true
9/13/2014 7:47pm
watson wrote:
Kudos for trying, but the MD in [i]Mexico[/i] is probably wondering where the guy who cleared Jeffrey to ride with a two-month old broken femur got...
Interesting development for sure....I wonder if all the nut huggers that flamed me for stating I did not think JH could race on that leg at 7 weeks post injury, will actually man up and state they were wrong, if indeed JH doesn't race or can't ride fast enough/long enough to get the high positions they all said he could do...

Nah, they won't, they'll just keep on nut hugging someone else and blather more incessant shit.

I wish the kid the best, I don't think chancing a more serious injury for this title is worth it. He has many more in his future.
9/13/2014 7:50pm
IWreckALot wrote:
Based on what I've read in this race, there is no way he lines up to race. I'll be very surprised if he does. He's given...
Based on what I've read in this race, there is no way he lines up to race. I'll be very surprised if he does. He's given it a go but there's just no way that after 2 laps and as much pain as he is in, that he'll race.
I agree. Even when a bone has joined up some, the nerve endings are still very touchy at 7 weeks, the matrix at the mend point is still somewhat soft, and the pain response can and will shut down muscle control and mental sharpness. He's a badass that he even tried.

The shit talkers have been suspiciously absent since the news now looks like JH is not going to be able to race....
PressPassP
9/13/2014 7:58pm
IceMan446 wrote:
Only 23 riders??? WTH

And I hope Tixier wins.
Hold a US national in Italy and see how many riders fill the gates. Luongo's plan is working out, mold the GP's into a MotoGP show...
DonM wrote:
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! If the US nationals held a round the gates would be full because there would be a purse and the entry would be 1/10 of...
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! If the US nationals held a round the gates would be full because there would be a purse and the entry would be 1/10 of what it is in GP's....Keep drinking the Luongo Koolaid
I think it's more about the travel arrangements,with these overseas races Loungo only pays for a certain amount of riders travel,hence the rest of the gate being filled with locals,it's simply too costly for the privateer guys to get to the race,but he's obviously coming out of these races well of financially,

If the Nationals had a round where they had to race in Jamaica you'd have the top 15 or so and the rest of the usual 15-40 guys just wouldn't be able to get there because of costs

DonM
9/13/2014 8:04pm
DonM wrote:
Hahahahahaha!!!!!!! If the US nationals held a round the gates would be full because there would be a purse and the entry would be 1/10 of...
PressPassP wrote:
I think it's more about the travel arrangements,with these overseas races Loungo only pays for a certain amount of riders travel,hence the rest of the gate...
I think it's more about the travel arrangements,with these overseas races Loungo only pays for a certain amount of riders travel,hence the rest of the gate being filled with locals,it's simply too costly for the privateer guys to get to the race,but he's obviously coming out of these races well of financially,

If the Nationals had a round where they had to race in Jamaica you'd have the top 15 or so and the rest of the usual 15-40 guys just wouldn't be able to get there because of costs

Then why go at all? The fact that Luongo has races without fans and without riders is beyond me in these god forsaken 3rd world shitholes...
9/13/2014 8:11pm
did you see the track? no doubles or whoops, only some long tables. not rutted up or too muddy. perfect for someone trying to nurse an injury
9/13/2014 8:32pm
did you see the track? no doubles or whoops, only some long tables. not rutted up or too muddy. perfect for someone trying to nurse an...
did you see the track? no doubles or whoops, only some long tables. not rutted up or too muddy. perfect for someone trying to nurse an injury
Have not seen the track. It will get rougher of course unless it's just dry concrete dirt.

I still think that people do not understand how painful a broken femur is. Walking on it is a far cry from loading it with many multiples of G forces on any landing. Tabletop, double, triple, whatever, G force still applies on the landing.
neverwas
Fantasy
784th
9/13/2014 10:09pm
DonM wrote:
PressPassP wrote:
I think it's more about the travel arrangements,with these overseas races Loungo only pays for a certain amount of riders travel,hence the rest of the gate...

The GPs have privateers?
GATOR
9/14/2014 12:28am
aaryn #234 wrote:
Tixier to clean out Herling in the first turn then look for new team to ride for after winning 2014 title!
He's already got a new ride with Kawasaki Monster CLS for 2015...

Post a reply to: looking bad for Herlings

The Latest