leib and peick

exsarg
1/5/2013 11:00pm Edited Date/Time 1/8/2013 4:22pm
great job guys! true privateers. i bet dons happy. hes bin gettin a hard time here lately. congrats to the rocket exhaust powered guys.
|
makita124
1/6/2013 10:07am
exsarg wrote:
great job guys! true privateers. i bet dons happy. hes bin gettin a hard time here lately. congrats to the rocket exhaust powered guys.
The entire Peick Partridge team was using FMF Exhausts on Sat not Rocket...
exsarg
1/6/2013 10:21am
exsarg wrote:
makita124 wrote:
shit,. sorry.
LouDog
1/6/2013 2:27pm
exsarg wrote:
makita124 wrote:
Yes had to make the change at the track. Was not getting any support for making sound.
Flatliner
1/6/2013 2:46pm
exsarg wrote:
makita124 wrote:
LouDog wrote:
Yes had to make the change at the track. Was not getting any support for making sound.
Rocket was too loud?

The Shop

DL
1/6/2013 2:52pm
Sorry that Weston lost patience with us. I wish him the best.
daven83
1/7/2013 5:50am
As a long time Weston Peick supporter i flew in from Florida for the race to give him a little cash to start off the year and let him know the bonuses i've been giving him for making mains are still coming (so basically he's getting a salary from me at this point) and see if there is anything i can do to help the team.From talking to Weston/Louie in the past months i understood Rocket Exhaust was giving him pipes and helping him any way they can....thank you thats awesome.....but his race bike didnt get put together until late Thurs night before the race,Weston had to go break it in Friday morning and get to tech inspection after that at the stadium.I spoke to him then and found out his bike didnt pass sound and his bike wasnt running right so he was scrambling to get things right. I found out when i got to the stadium saturday morning the bike issues still weren't resolved and Rocket exhaust (Don Leib) was "too busy" to work with Weston to resolve these issues (that is unacceptable) so they changed to a FMF exhaust at the last minute.I would like to thank FMF for stepping up for the Peicks in their time of need. I am personally trying to bring more sponsors to this team as it was put together kind of last minute and would again like to thank FMF for coming to the rescue when others failed.
Flatliner
1/7/2013 6:54am
As always there are two sides. I'm a fan of the partridge peick team, but I also believe rocket makes a quality product.
daven83
1/7/2013 7:29am
True there are two sides to every story......I dont know much about Rocket exhausts they appear to be well made.....dont have any idea how well they work (Weston thought it worked great)).....just feel from what i was told (again one side) that the situation wasnt handled very well. I ran a Yamaha dealer for 16 years and helped out many riders since that late 70's (including SX main event winners) and have never told one that i was "too busy" to help them any way i could at any time, especially race day. Thats all i'm sayin.....
rangot
1/7/2013 8:14am
Not taking side here, but did your son raced the same day ?
Sparkey
1/7/2013 8:22am
daven83 wrote:
True there are two sides to every story......I dont know much about Rocket exhausts they appear to be well made.....dont have any idea how well they...
True there are two sides to every story......I dont know much about Rocket exhausts they appear to be well made.....dont have any idea how well they work (Weston thought it worked great)).....just feel from what i was told (again one side) that the situation wasnt handled very well. I ran a Yamaha dealer for 16 years and helped out many riders since that late 70's (including SX main event winners) and have never told one that i was "too busy" to help them any way i could at any time, especially race day. Thats all i'm sayin.....
Give it a rest. Don has already mentioned he felt bad for the situation and wished Weston luck on his future races. What ever happened, he manned up and commented publicly.

Also, kudos for supporting Weston as much as you are.
mtl
1/7/2013 8:25am
Flip side is that Peick was unprepared.

If your breaking in your race bike in the morning before tech inspection that
doesnt give your exhaust sponsor much time to build and test different pipe
configurations to pass sound check.
mmcmx
1/7/2013 8:28am
rangot wrote:
Not taking side here, but did your son raced the same day ?
My understanding is that Donn had hid hands full with PJ and Michaels bikes?
DL
1/7/2013 8:30am
daven83 wrote:
As a long time Weston Peick supporter i flew in from Florida for the race to give him a little cash to start off the year...
As a long time Weston Peick supporter i flew in from Florida for the race to give him a little cash to start off the year and let him know the bonuses i've been giving him for making mains are still coming (so basically he's getting a salary from me at this point) and see if there is anything i can do to help the team.From talking to Weston/Louie in the past months i understood Rocket Exhaust was giving him pipes and helping him any way they can....thank you thats awesome.....but his race bike didnt get put together until late Thurs night before the race,Weston had to go break it in Friday morning and get to tech inspection after that at the stadium.I spoke to him then and found out his bike didnt pass sound and his bike wasnt running right so he was scrambling to get things right. I found out when i got to the stadium saturday morning the bike issues still weren't resolved and Rocket exhaust (Don Leib) was "too busy" to work with Weston to resolve these issues (that is unacceptable) so they changed to a FMF exhaust at the last minute.I would like to thank FMF for stepping up for the Peicks in their time of need. I am personally trying to bring more sponsors to this team as it was put together kind of last minute and would again like to thank FMF for coming to the rescue when others failed.
I don't want to get into a pissing match with anybody but need to put the record straight. Yes We were having trouble with sound but in no way were we too busy to help. We were making adjustments to the ECU and were getting close. After 4 or 5 trips through sound Weston's bike was at 117 DB and we would have passed on the next adjustment. As for the engine not running right Weston was getting a burble right off closed throttle. That would have been rectified on the dyno this week. He did not get to ride his race bike till Friday as did my son. I did 100% everything I could do leading up to the race and at the race. To say I was too busy to help is just not true. I can tell you that his race engine is amazing and we put in a lot if work to get done right. We are all on a budget and pinned 24/7. The fact is Weston would have made sound and the mapping issue would have been resolved this week. Many teams had trouble with sound including Vilopoto who's bike went through sound 4 times before they passed. Albertson with an FMF took 6 times to get through. In the end we were not perfect but did 100% the best we could. I wish Weston the best.
jleews6
1/7/2013 8:36am
daven83 wrote:
True there are two sides to every story......I dont know much about Rocket exhausts they appear to be well made.....dont have any idea how well they...
Good on you . there are not many like you out there. we have been lucky in that my son has got help from a good guy like your self since he started riding.
sorry to hear it didnt work out between them but I'm glad FMF hooked him up and he got to race.

DON Congrats to you. Your boy put in a great ride and you should be proud.
rikhek
1/7/2013 8:57am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2013 9:01am
My experience with Don Leib makes me seriously question someone stating he said he was too busy to help. I was looking at buying a full system for my 2013 CRF450. I was intrigued with the design and build of the Rocket systems so I gave Don a call. I can't tell the actual number of conversations I had with Don to discuss his product but it was over a half dozen extended conversations. I was very impressed that he was be so willing to repeatedy take the time to talk to a nobody weekend rider like myself

I ended up buying the system from him and am extremely happy with the purchase. I have an Pro Circuit system on my 08 CRF450, a FMF on my 10 KTM 450 and a Yoshi on a 07 CRF250. The Rocket is a much better built system than the FMF or Pro Circuit and I believe better than the Yoshi. The amount of time Don spent with me is what ultimately made me buy his system. I have no regrets whatsoever.

Also, as long as Don's quality stays where it is now it won't be buying any other system. I call bullshit on him having the "too busy" attitude.

BTW, another factor in going with the Rocket system was Don siad if I didn't like it I should just send it back to him and he'd give a full refund. You can't go wrong.

Rick

P.S. GREAT job Michael!
boybuc
1/7/2013 9:15am
Great ride by both kids and everybody did a great job to get these two out on the track
daven83
1/7/2013 9:26am
Wow these message boards get crazy.....I'm just stating what i was told ... "too busy" was the term i am told was used by Don or was that a perception of something else that was said we will never know......I appreciate him helping Weston in any way (by the way your son rode great) and also appreciate FMF stepping up.....thats all....got better things to do now
rrdecals
1/7/2013 9:47am
Don,
I thought it was ridiculous that they do sound on pavement surrounded by metal fencing, on top of that they make you hold your clutch in. By holding the clutch in we lost .5 db every time. We never have any problems passing Vegas because it's out in the grass. Interested to hear you opinion.
Rob
burn1986
Fantasy
3280th
1/7/2013 9:51am
Peick certainly got a better deal out of this Anaheim race, since he got messed over last year when they gave his spot in the main to Gavin Faith. That was a cruddy deal.
therealjonon
1/7/2013 10:04am
i told michael on facebook he was up there all night...he was putting passes on guys like rattray!!! stud
WhipMeister
Fantasy
4299th
1/7/2013 10:13am
daven83 wrote:
Wow these message boards get crazy.....I'm just stating what i was told ... "too busy" was the term i am told was used by Don or...
Wow these message boards get crazy.....I'm just stating what i was told ... "too busy" was the term i am told was used by Don or was that a perception of something else that was said we will never know......I appreciate him helping Weston in any way (by the way your son rode great) and also appreciate FMF stepping up.....thats all....got better things to do now
That's why the best advice is not to speak to such matters in detail up here. Hornet's nest doesn't come close to describing how vicious a board can be.
nytsmaC
1/7/2013 10:41am Edited Date/Time 1/7/2013 10:42am
Yup. When this place sees a little blood in the water it goes full retard in here. If team Peick and team Leib have a tiny disagreement this place will escalate it into a full blown prison riot.
petie11o5
1/7/2013 10:54am
Leib was doing awesome on his Honda. Battling with some of the top guys. He was on it.
FGR01
Fantasy
1334th
1/7/2013 11:11am
Slip a big washer in between the header and muffler, pass sound test, go back to the truck, remove washer. Your welcome.
AS64
Fantasy
2062nd
1/7/2013 11:13am
FGR01 wrote:
Slip a big washer in between the header and muffler, pass sound test, go back to the truck, remove washer. Your welcome.
Sure. But what about the "surprise" sound checks they have?
JBlain619
1/7/2013 2:09pm
daven83 wrote:
Wow these message boards get crazy.....I'm just stating what i was told ... "too busy" was the term i am told was used by Don or...
Didn't have better things to do 4 hrs ago instead of coming back on here and putting Don Lieb on blast...again...after he(being one of the ones involved in this) comes on here and explains what happened. If you really appreciated what he and Rocket did for Weston, wouldn't it best be served to keep your pie hole shut and just thank FMF for helping out??? Probably not a really good idea to burn a bridge in a relatively small industry.

Hey Don, I would be interested in purchasing one of those pipes you made for Weston!
daven83
1/7/2013 2:46pm Edited Date/Time 1/7/2013 2:47pm
Fortunately we all live in the United of America and can speak our minds...even a dumbshit such as yourself can get involved in something you know nothing about and my "pie hole" as you put it can say what it wants when it wants w/o asking for your permission.I have not "blasted" anyone at any time (you would know this if you could read) but just stated my opinion on a subject close to me.Have a good day
mmcmx
1/7/2013 3:13pm
Didn't you have better things to do?
mattbmx63
1/7/2013 3:14pm
^ Have not blasted yet keep stating they were to busy to help!

Thanks for helping him, but maybe not bash someone who helped and hasn't hidden from your bashing.

Sound testing on pavement with fencing near by sounds like a sound check disaster, I'd love to here more on this as well.
JBlain619
1/7/2013 3:54pm
daven83 wrote:
Fortunately we all live in the United of America and can speak our minds...even a dumbshit such as yourself can get involved in something you know...
Fortunately we all live in the United of America and can speak our minds...even a dumbshit such as yourself can get involved in something you know nothing about and my "pie hole" as you put it can say what it wants when it wants w/o asking for your permission.I have not "blasted" anyone at any time (you would know this if you could read) but just stated my opinion on a subject close to me.Have a good day
Apparently you can't type or even comprehend what you wrote. If you go back to your post and actually read what you wrote, you will see what I mean by putting Rocket and Don on blast. Why do you think Don came on to defend himself??? Who's the dumbshit now?

And furthermore, please realize that what you post as conjecture will ultimately affect Weston. Unless this is really Weston. If he(Weston) wants to post something negative about Rocket or Don and burn that bridge, that's on him. It's shitty that you, a third party, are doing it for him.

Post a reply to: leib and peick

The Latest