jason lawrence smokin

moscrop940
Edited Date/Time 1/27/2012 1:58pm
Alright guys, im probably gonna have a hit on my head for starting this thread, but when you live in a house full of women and have a mx question, this is the best place to turn too.

So heres my question...... Does weed makin jlaw ride faster?

Ive just been thinking, remember when jlaw won the title? He looked stoned out of his mind the majority of the time, but no one really said much likely due to the fact he had just won a title.

But then what happened? He went off to jail....and im pretty damn sure weed isnt allowed aint allowed there, and unless he found a person like "red" in the "shawshank redemption", that he got clean and sober. And if hes on probation he cant smoke due to random check-ups from his probee officer

So 2010 comes around and he hasnt been able to do much of anything, other then blow up the chat rooms. He seems to have the drive (kinda) but cant do more then a lap or two at race pace.

Back to my question....If jason is clean and sober, and nothing but the most respect if he is, could that be effecting his riding. Motocross is after all just as much mental as it is physical....if his mind aint in the right spot hes not gonna be able to perform like he has in the past....

now feel free to verbally bash, its expected when u start a thread like this...but just actually think about it and right down your thoughts.

thanks for reading,
moscrop

|
9/20/2010 9:32pm
from what ive heard smokin weed has been used by pros for awhile( maybe not so much nowadays) to help with thier riding, so you may be on to something there....
TerryK
9/20/2010 9:44pm
Ummm....no. The fact that weed has been proven to significantly hinder a persons reaction time is by itself enough to debunk your theory.

A friend of mine is a hard core and very skilled drag bike racer and his reaction times at the tree gets worse every year. Most racers get better, he's getting worse. He's a fairly heavy pot smoker, to the extent of actually being high on the line.

Reaction time is huge in moto for various reasons not the least of which is crash avoidance.

Big no.
kevin204
Fantasy
2870th
9/20/2010 9:48pm
TerryK wrote:
Ummm....no. The fact that weed has been proven to significantly hinder a persons reaction time is by itself enough to debunk your theory. A friend of...
Ummm....no. The fact that weed has been proven to significantly hinder a persons reaction time is by itself enough to debunk your theory.

A friend of mine is a hard core and very skilled drag bike racer and his reaction times at the tree gets worse every year. Most racers get better, he's getting worse. He's a fairly heavy pot smoker, to the extent of actually being high on the line.

Reaction time is huge in moto for various reasons not the least of which is crash avoidance.

Big no.
Weed also can create a sense of calm, though. Even in a situation that is very hectic and fast-paced, such as racing. It also helps the mind focus, which is important for racing.
adamdf
9/20/2010 9:48pm
TerryK wrote:
Ummm....no. The fact that weed has been proven to significantly hinder a persons reaction time is by itself enough to debunk your theory. A friend of...

Big no.
x2 on your theory, x5 even

No one in their right mind would be high while lining up at a SX event, no one.

The Shop

TerryK
9/20/2010 9:54pm
kevin204 wrote:
Weed also can create a sense of calm, though. Even in a situation that is very hectic and fast-paced, such as racing. It also helps the...
Weed also can create a sense of calm, though. Even in a situation that is very hectic and fast-paced, such as racing. It also helps the mind focus, which is important for racing.
lol, seriously? Helps the mind focus?? On what, Twinkies?? Come on man, you can't honestly believe that. To focus, you need a clear, sharp mind. Last time I checked, weed has the opposite effect.

Jabjr222
9/20/2010 9:58pm
Through extensive personal experience, I can say that weed smoking is not conducive to success on the track, mainly because I couldn't get my ass off the couch and the Big Mac out of my hand!!!

With that said, I have no idea how anyone would think getting stoned then hopping on a track, or on a bike at all for that matter, is a good idea.

moscrop940
9/20/2010 9:58pm
so ur telling me, its impossible for that theory to be in any way shape or form to be correct terry?
Chris_ONeal
9/20/2010 10:00pm
Smoking restricts your blood flow with = arm pump. They may not get it when they are young but over time it will build up and you will need drano to clean out your arm pipes! Or Niacin! Woohoo
TerryK
9/20/2010 10:01pm
moscrop940 wrote:
so ur telling me, its impossible for that theory to be in any way shape or form to be correct terry?
I'd have to say yes. If you think weed will help your riding and racing career, well have at it Cheech! Drop me a line when you sign that factory contract!
Nielsen277
9/20/2010 10:02pm
kevin204 wrote:
Weed also can create a sense of calm, though. Even in a situation that is very hectic and fast-paced, such as racing. It also helps the...
TerryK wrote:
lol, seriously? Helps the mind focus?? On what, Twinkies?? Come on man, you can't honestly believe that. To focus, you need a clear, sharp mind. Last...
lol, seriously? Helps the mind focus?? On what, Twinkies?? Come on man, you can't honestly believe that. To focus, you need a clear, sharp mind. Last time I checked, weed has the opposite effect.

Last time you checked. Last time you smoked? Or last time you HEARD?

Pot doesn't slow down reaction time. And like sp1tekiller said, some people do use it to increase focus.

JB 19
9/20/2010 10:03pm
kevin204 wrote:
TerryK wrote:
lol, seriously? Helps the mind focus?? On what, Twinkies?? Come on man, you can't honestly believe that. To focus, you need a clear, sharp mind. Last...

HAHA....no kidding. If you want more focus drink a coffee or have your mechanic slap you around a little or maybe listen to some Bullet for my Valentine.........but weed? Blink
9/20/2010 10:03pm
I had hope this thread world have been J-Law, riding a 2-stroke.WoohooWoohoo
Jabjr222
9/20/2010 10:03pm Edited Date/Time 9/20/2010 10:05pm
Smoking restricts your blood flow with = arm pump. They may not get it when they are young but over time it will build up and...
Smoking restricts your blood flow with = arm pump. They may not get it when they are young but over time it will build up and you will need drano to clean out your arm pipes! Or Niacin! Woohoo
That's cigg smoking... weed acts different. With ciggs, it's not like a clog but the arteries lose elasticity and harden... I think.

But still not a good idea!

Weed really doesn't have the same effect physiologically.
moscrop940
9/20/2010 10:04pm
Terry let me be the first to clear up the fact that i dont smoke weed, nor have i ever or will ever.

But yes or no terry, was jason stoned when he won the title on back in on yamaha of troy?
Nielsen277
9/20/2010 10:05pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Terry let me be the first to clear up the fact that i dont smoke weed, nor have i ever or will ever. But yes or...
Terry let me be the first to clear up the fact that i dont smoke weed, nor have i ever or will ever.

But yes or no terry, was jason stoned when he won the title on back in on yamaha of troy?
Stoned, no way. Maybe a little high though. Huge difference.
moscrop940
9/20/2010 10:08pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Terry let me be the first to clear up the fact that i dont smoke weed, nor have i ever or will ever. But yes or...

Nielsen277 wrote:
Dude the guys was eating otter pops before he rode.....kinda sounds like muchies dont it?

but that wasnt the point i was trying to make to terry, hes saying you ccouldnt win and be a pot head
TerryK
9/20/2010 10:12pm
Nielsen277 wrote:
Last time you checked. Last time you smoked? Or last time you HEARD? Pot doesn't slow down reaction time. And like sp1tekiller said, some people do...
Last time you checked. Last time you smoked? Or last time you HEARD?

Pot doesn't slow down reaction time. And like sp1tekiller said, some people do use it to increase focus.

Lets just say I learned what I know many years ago and leave it at that.

Your attempt at comedy is pretty good! Pot doesn't slow down reaction time??? Pot increases focus??

HILARIOUS!!! LaughingWoohooSillyGrinningCheerful
Jabjr222
9/20/2010 10:12pm
Nielsen277 wrote:
We are talking pro's here... or so I thought... Not some novice at Chicken Licks Raceway. These guys are athletes and weed does distract from that. Even if you are just a "little high."

Make no mistake, I am an unashamed smoker. Some people like to sit and enjoy a couple of beers or a couple of shots. Me, I like to smoke a bowl. I have benefited from the pain management aspects of smoking. I am a proponent for weed.

But when it comes to riding and smoking, no way. No different than getting drunk and driving. Bad idea. Responsible use is a different story. Be smart and save the bowl for when you are done riding for the day.
moscrop940
9/20/2010 10:14pm
Nielsen277 wrote:
Jabjr222 wrote:
We are talking pro's here... or so I thought... Not some novice at Chicken Licks Raceway. These guys are athletes and weed does distract from that...
We are talking pro's here... or so I thought... Not some novice at Chicken Licks Raceway. These guys are athletes and weed does distract from that. Even if you are just a "little high."

Make no mistake, I am an unashamed smoker. Some people like to sit and enjoy a couple of beers or a couple of shots. Me, I like to smoke a bowl. I have benefited from the pain management aspects of smoking. I am a proponent for weed.

But when it comes to riding and smoking, no way. No different than getting drunk and driving. Bad idea. Responsible use is a different story. Be smart and save the bowl for when you are done riding for the day.
Does no one remember jlaw winning a title with his eyes glazed over 100% of the time? I cant be the only one who remembers that shit
TerryK
9/20/2010 10:15pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Dude the guys was eating otter pops before he rode.....kinda sounds like muchies dont it? but that wasnt the point i was trying to make to...
Dude the guys was eating otter pops before he rode.....kinda sounds like muchies dont it?

but that wasnt the point i was trying to make to terry, hes saying you ccouldnt win and be a pot head
Look, if he was winning while high, but then he got sober, he'd be a multi time world fucking champion by now.

You guys can't seriously believe otherwise....can you? Is this Bizarro World? Up is down, down is up, black is white??? Am I dreaming?
Jabjr222
9/20/2010 10:16pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Does no one remember jlaw winning a title with his eyes glazed over 100% of the time? I cant be the only one who remembers that...
Does no one remember jlaw winning a title with his eyes glazed over 100% of the time? I cant be the only one who remembers that shit
I know a lot of people that have that glazed look that never smoke (or drink or anything else).. It really doesn't mean he was stoned.
TerryK
9/20/2010 10:18pm
Jabjr222 wrote:
I know a lot of people that have that glazed look that never smoke (or drink or anything else).. It really doesn't mean he was stoned.
True. Anyone have proof JLaw was high when he raced? ....................................

Thought not. And where would he go to get high in the pro pits without the whole pit area knowing about it?
moscrop940
9/20/2010 10:19pm
Terry and Jabjr222......Was Jason Lawrence smoking weed the year he won the title? Honest F'ing anwser please.
TerryK
9/20/2010 10:23pm
moscrop940 wrote:
Terry and Jabjr222......Was Jason Lawrence smoking weed the year he won the title? Honest F'ing anwser please.
Who knows?? Only JLaw knows for sure. If you want my opinion I'll give it.

Yeah I would guess he was partaking of the herb the year he won. Was he high while racing: hell no.
Jabjr222
9/20/2010 10:24pm
moscrop940 wrote:
I don't know... to guess would be pure f'ing speculation and not fair to jlaw. But:

a) I hope not.

b) I seriously doubt he was smoking while racing
Nielsen277
9/20/2010 10:27pm
moscrop940 wrote:
TerryK wrote:
Who knows?? Only JLaw knows for sure. If you want my opinion I'll give it. Yeah I would guess he was partaking of the herb the...
Who knows?? Only JLaw knows for sure. If you want my opinion I'll give it.

Yeah I would guess he was partaking of the herb the year he won. Was he high while racing: hell no.
If he truly was the stoner everyone made him out to be, there's no way he smoked on his time off, but never while riding. It's like alcohol, if you abuse it, eventually you end up needing it to function.

moscrop940
9/20/2010 10:28pm
Anyone who had ever seen the kid around or gone to a party with him could tell you he smoked weed and was high all the time, myself included.

Im not bashing jason at all here, but whats irritating is terry...

Your not even opening your mind to the possiblity that he smoked while winning the championship...if your going to partake in a discussion of this nature, an open mind wouldnt hurt at all.

Jabjr, i appreciate you not saying theres no way, your should give terry some pointers
Jabjr222
9/20/2010 10:29pm
Nielsen277 wrote:
If he truly was the stoner everyone made him out to be, there's no way he smoked on his time off, but never while riding. It's...
If he truly was the stoner everyone made him out to be, there's no way he smoked on his time off, but never while riding. It's like alcohol, if you abuse it, eventually you end up needing it to function.

Not to go evangelical on you but it is nothing like alcohol. There is no physiological or psychological dependence at all.
gt80rider
9/20/2010 10:32pm
to get back to the original question.....

"So heres my question...... Does weed makin jlaw ride faster?"

nobody knows if he has ever smoked and rode.... and if he has, nobody would know but him if he's faster.... from personal experience, it didn't for me... kinda made me not give a damn about riding at all... LOL.... but from talking to those that do think it makes them faster, they believe the calming effect helps them.... does it really decrease their lap times? who knows, but they think it does, hence why they smoke before they ride....

Post a reply to: jason lawrence smokin

The Latest