is this what the motocross market needs?

rmpilot
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 9:58am
http://www.crossfiremotorcycles.com/petrol-motorbikes/crossfire-xz250rr…

i know its a four stroke but it seems to be something that looks like it would work for anyone that wants to try things out and its half the price. its what ive thought the companies should be trying to do with a cheaper bike. its made in china buts its cheaper than the establishment using old honda castings i believe and isnt the cheaper method what put japan in front of urope with motorcycles?
|
9/21/2011 11:42am
I dunno, but I don't want some guy wadding that Chinese crap up next to me an a track and taking me out.
Xeno
9/21/2011 11:59am
Go ahead and buy one, race it, and let us know how it works. Cool
TeamGreen
9/21/2011 12:01pm
Don't ya think you'd be better off with a nice clean-used CRF250X...which is what they "knocked-off" to make that Chi-Comda.
rmpilot
9/21/2011 12:13pm
im not gonna lie what thats selling for is too much for me. but a little lesser quality but the key word CHEAPER is what suzuki and did with the tm's and hodaka with their stuff. and what was the last bike some could seriously use and at the same time buy cheap? the kdx 200 and thats been gone awhile. i just know the market needs a lesser option thats still usable and CHEAPER. i emphasize cheaper because someone but be afraid to buy used and no one in their right mind would show up out of nowhere and 7 grand for a 250f. imho.

The Shop

rmpilot
9/21/2011 12:14pm
Xeno wrote:
Go ahead and buy one, race it, and let us know how it works. Cool
i would like to ride one and see how well it works.
CamP
9/21/2011 12:16pm
Look at the pics closely. That bike is a tub of shit.
Xeno
9/21/2011 12:21pm
I would be scared to go off any jumps on it.
ktm125
9/21/2011 12:22pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2011 12:23pm
how about this...$5850 out the door

oh well...it's a 12 KTM 125 SX
peelout
9/21/2011 12:28pm
is it leaking?! wtf...

mothafuckin' boost button, bros!

rmpilot
9/21/2011 12:30pm
im not saying it is the answer but something does need to come along that is cheaper and im sure a 125 could do it but something needs to show up that people can afford.
Foster576
9/21/2011 12:36pm
No the moto market does not need some chinese made peice of shit. That thing will turn more people away from moto than anything after they ride it and the damn thing implodes.
EastFlorida
9/21/2011 12:36pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2011 12:38pm
It would be cool if someone in the US would reverse engineer a YZ/RM/KX 250 for production.

But, where would you take the cost out of the bike? Would it be suspension, frame, engine?

What "OLD" school 2 strokes could be brought back today that people would ride and race if they were available new?

Newmann?
peelout
9/21/2011 12:37pm
rmpilot wrote:
im not saying it is the answer but something does need to come along that is cheaper and im sure a 125 could do it but...
im not saying it is the answer but something does need to come along that is cheaper and im sure a 125 could do it but something needs to show up that people can afford.
i agree.

bikes are WAY too expensive, especially for a newcomer. something has to budge at some point or another.

problem is, they will just continue to get more and more expensive.
Lightning78
9/21/2011 12:47pm
You can call it whatever you want but for any newcomer to the sport learning trail riding etc. I'll bet they'll sell a ton of these.....enough to make the Japanese take notice, I get it from the core dudes its a pos but have any off you ever studied economics? Your average jeans wearing newcomer will buy one of these first and see if the sport is for him or her then if they get serious, drop 8k on a name brand....mark my words these things will sell and I doubt it will give our sport a black eye like some have suggested they'll likely learn by then that it is better to buy a name brand, at which point they will. I promise you this, these bikes being cheaply priced will attract a lot more newcomers to the sport so yes I say it is what the market needs bec right now it needs a shot in the arm asap. 8k is way too much to spend if you are unsure whether they want to learn to ride or not.
downandup
9/21/2011 12:50pm
rmpilot wrote:
http://www.crossfiremotorcycles.com/petrol-motorbikes/crossfire-xz250rr-250cc-water-cooled-4-valve-sp.html i know its a four stroke but it seems to be something that looks like it would work for anyone that wants to try things...
http://www.crossfiremotorcycles.com/petrol-motorbikes/crossfire-xz250rr…

i know its a four stroke but it seems to be something that looks like it would work for anyone that wants to try things out and its half the price. its what ive thought the companies should be trying to do with a cheaper bike. its made in china buts its cheaper than the establishment using old honda castings i believe and isnt the cheaper method what put japan in front of urope with motorcycles?
Are you kidding?

This thing would fall apart after 3 rides!

I wouldn't even test ride this!
downandup
9/21/2011 12:50pm
You can call it whatever you want but for any newcomer to the sport learning trail riding etc. I'll bet they'll sell a ton of these.....enough...
You can call it whatever you want but for any newcomer to the sport learning trail riding etc. I'll bet they'll sell a ton of these.....enough to make the Japanese take notice, I get it from the core dudes its a pos but have any off you ever studied economics? Your average jeans wearing newcomer will buy one of these first and see if the sport is for him or her then if they get serious, drop 8k on a name brand....mark my words these things will sell and I doubt it will give our sport a black eye like some have suggested they'll likely learn by then that it is better to buy a name brand, at which point they will. I promise you this, these bikes being cheaply priced will attract a lot more newcomers to the sport so yes I say it is what the market needs bec right now it needs a shot in the arm asap. 8k is way too much to spend if you are unsure whether they want to learn to ride or not.
A newbie should buy a used bike, not this piece of crap.
reded
9/21/2011 12:54pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2011 1:00pm
downandup wrote:
Are you kidding?

This thing would fall apart after 3 rides!

I wouldn't even test ride this!
I'd ride that over some of the poorly maintained pieces of shit I see people riding in beginner classes. Take a look at a few of those beauties sometime.
Sunhouse
9/21/2011 12:57pm
They even made it possible to mount mirrors, sweeeeet!
gwilliams107
9/21/2011 12:58pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2011 12:59pm
"is it leaking?! wtf..."

That cracks me up! That's the most flattering photos they could take? I bet spare parts will be a pain to get also.
I've been in many Chinese machine shops over the last ten years and I can tell you I wouldn't buy anything made there right now. They have a long way to go with production and quality control.
lumpy790
9/21/2011 12:58pm
I dunno, but I don't want some guy wadding that Chinese crap up next to me an a track and taking me out.
but its ok if they do it on a more expensive bike???
reded
9/21/2011 12:58pm
Sunhouse wrote:
They even made it possible to mount mirrors, sweeeeet! [img]http://www.crossfiremotorcycles.com/images/detailed/2/XZ250RR-913164059924e76c2e8a7465.jpg[/img]
They even made it possible to mount mirrors, sweeeeet!
No more look backs over jumps, just check the mirrors.
JLong
9/21/2011 12:59pm
Think the 4-stroke is choking the industry? These piles of crap will do more harm than a bad economy.
reded
9/21/2011 1:09pm
How the hell do you put gas in that thing?
lumpy790
9/21/2011 1:13pm
reded wrote:
How the hell do you put gas in that thing?
take off the gas cap?
rmpilot
9/21/2011 1:14pm
You can call it whatever you want but for any newcomer to the sport learning trail riding etc. I'll bet they'll sell a ton of these.....enough...
i think you just said a lot of what i was thinking better.
Pdub
9/21/2011 1:14pm
Same folks that buy the "cheap Chinese junk" at WalMart and the $50 helmets, etc., will have no problem with buying... and enjoying... one of these. No matter how poorly made, it still has one huge thing going for it: it's a motorcycle and it's fun to ride.
Lightning78
9/21/2011 1:16pm Edited Date/Time 9/21/2011 1:34pm
downandup wrote:
A newbie should buy a used bike, not this piece of crap.
And what would you call a 4 year old affordable used 250f? ..... A piece of crap ..... Considering the longevity you're gonna get the same result. I think you are too into bikes and don't consider youre average guy that sees only numbers and knows nothing about bikes.....it "looks" the same as a Honda 250f they would think. I don't think you're seeing it from a statistical standpoint sure YOU know the difference between the two but I will guarantee you there are far more uneducated people about name brand dirtbikes than there are educated ones, WE all know tje difference but go ask some random person that knows nothing about bikes and give him or her an option w/o any bias to either side and see what you're results will be ...... They will surprise you. Problem I'm this thread is you are thinking inside a very small enclosed box ...... By no means am I condonening (sp) these bikes I am giving a perspective from someone that used to sell bikes and heavily studied economics and finance in school and no I didnt just graduate its been years ....god I miss screwing college hotties Haha
c3011
9/21/2011 1:22pm
I think I found the best solution to the problem last fall, I got an 07 CRF250R out the door for $4200. I don't know many riders that are going to suffer by having a new bike that is 2 or 3 years old. The new bikes that are 2 or 3 years old and new are out there. For the people in the know its the best solution.
Deetsmx
9/21/2011 1:31pm
Aren't all xr's, ttr's, pw's made in taiwan and Brazil? Didn't people laugh at the Japanese when they first came out with bikes? Weren't they laughing at Hyundai and Kia? I bet Honda, Nissan, Toyota aren't laughing now that those cars are taking away huge amounts of market share. They will get here sooner or later.

Post a reply to: is this what the motocross market needs?

The Latest