is it mandatory to hate on anyone who is SX only ?

peelout719
10/5/2010 9:54am
motosb wrote:
Its our own selfishness that wants to see the best riders ride all year long. However in just about every other professional sport the season is...
Its our own selfishness that wants to see the best riders ride all year long. However in just about every other professional sport the season is half the year. Baseball starts in April and ends in Oct. They have 5 months off. Football is Aug through Jan. Hockey Basketball is Oct-May. We are asking these guys to race Jan-Sept. That gives them 3 months off and we know they are training at least 2 of those 3 if not all. Bikes beat you up. When other athletes are training its usually without the beating before the season. I want to see the best, but its unfair to subject them to such a long season or hate on them if they decide not to.
i agree with this for the most part, but...

baseball is 162 games in 5 months

basket ball is 82 games

etc...

BLAHBLAH
10/5/2010 10:01am
motosb wrote:
Its our own selfishness that wants to see the best riders ride all year long. However in just about every other professional sport the season is...
Its our own selfishness that wants to see the best riders ride all year long. However in just about every other professional sport the season is half the year. Baseball starts in April and ends in Oct. They have 5 months off. Football is Aug through Jan. Hockey Basketball is Oct-May. We are asking these guys to race Jan-Sept. That gives them 3 months off and we know they are training at least 2 of those 3 if not all. Bikes beat you up. When other athletes are training its usually without the beating before the season. I want to see the best, but its unfair to subject them to such a long season or hate on them if they decide not to.
peelout719 wrote:

basket ball is 82 games

etc...

and spring training starts in Feb and world series into Nov
BLAHBLAH
10/5/2010 10:03am
500guy wrote:
Do we really need to continue this trend ? Let the guy's race where they want and can get paid to do and just enjoy it...
Do we really need to continue this trend ?

Let the guy's race where they want and can get paid to do and just enjoy it for what it is.
Why? That makes absolutely no sense to me... If anything Dungey is probably much more likely to get hurt racing SX than MX.. Why would he have to go SX only to win SX championships?
jmar
10/5/2010 10:09am
500guy wrote:
Do we really need to continue this trend ? Let the guy's race where they want and can get paid to do and just enjoy it...

Let the guy's race where they want and can get paid to do and just enjoy it for what it is.
Should we hate on all the MMA fighters they don't work out with the YMCA taekwondo class?

Should we hate all the major league baseball players because they don't play in the co-ed slow pitch league?

Should we hate on all the NBA players, because they don't shoot hoops with your group from work?

The Shop

zippy895
10/5/2010 10:11am
maybe we the fans dont want outdoors to vanish.
500guy
10/5/2010 10:12am
The truth is, if the Nationals continue to improve with the exposure most riders will not be able to sit out all summer, but if some get good paying rides for 1/2 a year that's okay too.
JLong
10/5/2010 10:12am
500guy wrote:

jmar wrote:
Should we hate on all the MMA fighters they don't work out with the YMCA taekwondo class? Should we hate all the major league baseball players...
Should we hate on all the MMA fighters they don't work out with the YMCA taekwondo class?

Should we hate all the major league baseball players because they don't play in the co-ed slow pitch league?

Should we hate on all the NBA players, because they don't shoot hoops with your group from work?

So the outdoors is YMCA taekwondo? Slow pitch? Hoops with the group from work?

Really?
500guy
10/5/2010 10:13am
zippy895 wrote:
That is up to the people running the Sport, The fans can't manipulate it there isn't enough avid fans to make much difference.
IceMan446
10/5/2010 10:14am
500guy wrote:

BLAHBLAH wrote:
Why? That makes absolutely no sense to me... If anything Dungey is probably much more likely to get hurt racing SX than MX.. Why would he...
Why? That makes absolutely no sense to me... If anything Dungey is probably much more likely to get hurt racing SX than MX.. Why would he have to go SX only to win SX championships?
For the same reasons MC did. And if you don't think it makes a difference, then no one would ride sx only.
jmar
10/5/2010 10:22am
500guy wrote:

jmar wrote:
Should we hate on all the MMA fighters they don't work out with the YMCA taekwondo class? Should we hate all the major league baseball players...

JLong wrote:

Really?
I know that some of you are not going to like this, but supercross is the top tier of the sport.
Most weekend enthusiast don't want to hear that, because they don't have the abilities to participate at that tier.

Outdoors isn't going anywhere, but at as far as pro level racing goes, it will always take a back seat to Supercross.
zippy895
10/5/2010 10:23am
zippy895 wrote:
500guy wrote:
That is up to the people running the Sport, The fans can't manipulate it there isn't enough avid fans to make much difference.
maybe so, but its a defense mech. in us fans to keep the outdoors around.
its kinda like this....sx is to movie theaters as outdoors is to drive ins.
i still say those drive ins were a blast to go to.
BLAHBLAH
10/5/2010 10:36am
500guy wrote:

BLAHBLAH wrote:
Why? That makes absolutely no sense to me... If anything Dungey is probably much more likely to get hurt racing SX than MX.. Why would he...
IceMan446 wrote:
For the same reasons MC did. And if you don't think it makes a difference, then no one would ride sx only.
Once again that was after MC had already won like 5 of his SX titles... And MC was a much better SX rider than outdoor rider and he knew he would have to beat RC outdoors....
englishman
10/5/2010 10:39am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 10:40am
That is an interesting question. I'm sure if he signed outdoor only he wouldn't get the hate.

My thought is that people see it as a cop out. You have to be stronger , fitter and more willing to train to race outdoors than SX ( Even MC admitted he didn't like to train too much ) , outdoors is much more gruelling, so I think people view SX only guys as slacking somewhat .

The exception to that is if they have a bunch of titles under their belts then, it seems, people feel they have earned the right to decide what they want to do with their racing.
Tbteam
10/5/2010 10:41am
500guy wrote:

jmar wrote:

JLong wrote:

Really?
Yeah, I'm not following these analogies either.

The fact of the matter is that the outdoors are still a viable multi million dollar enterprise. To compare them to YMCA and Co-Ed softball is absurd.

jmar is all about whatever the most current trend is in motocross. There is no history to him, it's all about what's new. Shame for a guy that actually raced a bit during the formative years of the sport.
peelout719
10/5/2010 11:10am
BLAHBLAH wrote:
Once again that was after MC had already won like 5 of his SX titles... And MC was a much better SX rider than outdoor rider...
Once again that was after MC had already won like 5 of his SX titles... And MC was a much better SX rider than outdoor rider and he knew he would have to beat RC outdoors....
MC was a much better SX rider than outdoor rider and he knew he would have to beat RC outdoors

MC went supercross only in 98.

WELL before RC came on the scene and started killing it.

that said, i think it is a double edged sword to do SX only now compared to when MC did it.

when MC did it, the training level wasn't the same as it is now. he could take 8 months off and still come back the fastest guy on a SX track.

nowdays, if you take even 3 months off you are so far off the pace physically, still may be fast but the level of training is night and day different than it once was. i don't think it is an advantage to sit out the nationals season to "stay fresh"... look at both Reed and Stewart.
MOTOPHILE
10/5/2010 11:12am Edited Date/Time 10/5/2010 11:14am
500guy wrote:

Hate is a strong word. Just lose a lot of respect from me... It's bad enough that they don't race both classes in the same day anymore either.. haha
TeamGreen
10/5/2010 11:15am
500guy wrote:

This will kill the Board-Post-count.
Sondy132001
10/5/2010 11:17am
motosb wrote:
peelout719 wrote:

basket ball is 82 games

etc...

oh please and they make millions upon millions, if you paid Dungey 28 million I bet his sweet ass would race 52 weekends a year no problem !

S
motomike137
10/5/2010 11:22am
The riders are free to do as they please and I definitely don't hate them for it. I don't waist time and energy hating on anybody or anything. But I do spend time and energy and money attending MX Nationals and cheering on the riders who race them. SX I watch on TV and just don't get that excited about anymore. And to beat the dead horse a little bit I really wish that people who are SX only wouldn't show up outdoors for one stinkin race!
Prince1
10/5/2010 11:25am
Yes you should hate SX only unless you put in your time at least 10 years outdoors like K dub and LaRocco. And who gives a damn about the 7 sx titles of MC he has 8 total RC has 15. Dont set the bar at MC.
Prince1
10/5/2010 11:29am
IceMan446 wrote:
Then you must all hate MC, right? Next question, would all of the sx only haters hate on Dungey if he decided to ride sx in...
Then you must all hate MC, right?

Next question, would all of the sx only haters hate on Dungey if he decided to ride sx in hopes of beating MC's seven championships

BLAHBLAH wrote:
That's funny....... Dungey wins one sx title and now your bringing him up in the same sentance as MC. He has at least a few more...
That's funny....... Dungey wins one sx title and now your bringing him up in the same sentance as MC. He has at least a few more championships to win before your question can even be taken seriously....
IceMan446 wrote:
In no way am I saying he is in the same league as MC because he isn't, but if be wants to even try and beat...
In no way am I saying he is in the same league as MC because he isn't, but if be wants to even try and beat his record he would need to go to SX only...that is why I asked would you sx haters hate on him.

Not in MC's league he already has more outdoor wins than MC and he is 20. He has 23 total wins at 20!!!!!! His 10 wins in a season of MX in his rookie year is more than MC had in any of his years(I know he was racing EMIG outdoors).
peelout719
10/5/2010 11:32am
motosb wrote:
peelout719 wrote:

basket ball is 82 games

etc...

oh please and they make millions upon millions, if you paid Dungey 28 million I bet his sweet ass would race 52 weekends a year no...
oh please and they make millions upon millions, if you paid Dungey 28 million I bet his sweet ass would race 52 weekends a year no problem !

S
and the fan base of the NBA and MLB make supercross look like a fucking elementary puppet show.

apples and oranges.

and please don't send me another bullshit email either.
Sondy132001
10/5/2010 11:33am
peelout719 wrote:
and the fan base of the NBA and MLB make supercross look like a fucking elementary puppet show. apples and oranges. and please don't send me...
and the fan base of the NBA and MLB make supercross look like a fucking elementary puppet show.

apples and oranges.

and please don't send me another bullshit email either.
Serious I didn't even know it was you until after I sent submit, sorry I can't help it you write such stupid shit.

S
jmar
10/5/2010 11:39am
jmar wrote:

JLong wrote:

Really?
Tbteam wrote:
Yeah, I'm not following these analogies either. The fact of the matter is that the outdoors are still a viable multi million dollar enterprise. To compare...

The fact of the matter is that the outdoors are still a viable multi million dollar enterprise. To compare them to YMCA and Co-Ed softball is absurd.

jmar is all about whatever the most current trend is in motocross. There is no history to him, it's all about what's new. Shame for a guy that actually raced a bit during the formative years of the sport.
Things progress, things move forward. History has it's place, but you can't put the breaks on, for fear of leaving history behind. This is true in all sports, not just moto. Although I am sure that you already know this, but you can't fund a team with grassroots and history. The "Current Trend" is the market, and that's what matters when it comes to paying the bills.

As far as my analogies?

The weekend moto enthuist want the pro's to do as they do. That's where all this two stroke vs four stroke and motocross vs supercross stuff comes from.
Tbteam
10/5/2010 11:46am
JLong wrote:

Really?
Tbteam wrote:
Yeah, I'm not following these analogies either. The fact of the matter is that the outdoors are still a viable multi million dollar enterprise. To compare...

jmar wrote:
Things progress, things move forward. History has it's place, but you can't put the breaks on, for fear of leaving history behind. This is true in...
Things progress, things move forward. History has it's place, but you can't put the breaks on, for fear of leaving history behind. This is true in all sports, not just moto. Although I am sure that you already know this, but you can't fund a team with grassroots and history. The "Current Trend" is the market, and that's what matters when it comes to paying the bills.

As far as my analogies?

The weekend moto enthuist want the pro's to do as they do. That's where all this two stroke vs four stroke and motocross vs supercross stuff comes from.
I agree with nearly everything you wrote.

I don't equate the nationals as something that puts the brakes on the evolution of the sport. It's a different sport. The "original" sport. It's also highly profitable, and still provides an excellent advertising medium for the teams, even though it might take 2 or 3 events to equal the gate of one supercross.

You are definitely correct that the weekend moto enthusiast wants the riders to "do as they do". That means racing indoors AND outdoors in my book.
peelout719
10/5/2010 11:46am
Serious I didn't even know it was you until after I sent submit, sorry I can't help it you write such stupid shit.

S
the fact that SOMEONE ELSE brought stick and ball sports into the discussion and then you jumped all over my ass for stating how many games those sports play per year proves that you think you're hot shit. you're not.

save your better than thou mentality for the sex and the city forum. i could give two shits about who you are or who you know.

IceMan446
10/5/2010 11:47am
BLAHBLAH wrote:
That's funny....... Dungey wins one sx title and now your bringing him up in the same sentance as MC. He has at least a few more...
That's funny....... Dungey wins one sx title and now your bringing him up in the same sentance as MC. He has at least a few more championships to win before your question can even be taken seriously....
IceMan446 wrote:
In no way am I saying he is in the same league as MC because he isn't, but if be wants to even try and beat...
In no way am I saying he is in the same league as MC because he isn't, but if be wants to even try and beat his record he would need to go to SX only...that is why I asked would you sx haters hate on him.

Prince1 wrote:
Not in MC's league he already has more outdoor wins than MC and he is 20. He has 23 total wins at 20!!!!!! His 10 wins...
Not in MC's league he already has more outdoor wins than MC and he is 20. He has 23 total wins at 20!!!!!! His 10 wins in a season of MX in his rookie year is more than MC had in any of his years(I know he was racing EMIG outdoors).
C'MON MAN...Dungey is nothing compared to MC at supercross, I wasn't compairing them at MX. IMO he would have to just focus on sx only to even get close to MC, even though I don't think he would ever reach 7 titles.

Yes dungey had a superb season but he is no MC at this point although he had a better rookie season. MC dominated supercross for years!

And who gives a shit about 7 sx titles? Ask everyone else that has seven titles. Oh wait...
Sondy132001
10/5/2010 11:49am

S
peelout719 wrote:
the fact that SOMEONE ELSE brought stick and ball sports into the discussion and then you jumped all over my ass for stating how many games...
the fact that SOMEONE ELSE brought stick and ball sports into the discussion and then you jumped all over my ass for stating how many games those sports play per year proves that you think you're hot shit. you're not.

save your better than thou mentality for the sex and the city forum. i could give two shits about who you are or who you know.

glad we got that all cleared up, didn't mention either but glad you don't give a shit makes it all better now =) have a great day !

S
captmoto
10/5/2010 11:52am
Most pro athletes now in the stick and ball sports work year round at some conditioning in their off seasons. The Lakers are already playing exhibition games. Football started in August. So most of those guys while not competing work year round. Now as far as SX only, I think with the economy the way it is and factory teams bailing the teams left will go where the sponsors are willing to put money. There may not be options for a lot of riders out there to ride MX and SX.
Sondy132001
10/5/2010 11:53am
Prince1 wrote:
Not in MC's league he already has more outdoor wins than MC and he is 20. He has 23 total wins at 20!!!!!! His 10 wins...
You are high if you think Dungey is better then MC, riders would give their left arm to be in Jeremy's league, next time you hit a race ask one of the guys who races a national or supercross (professional) who they idolize, they'll tell you and it's not Dungey.

S

Post a reply to: is it mandatory to hate on anyone who is SX only ?

The Latest