is alessi still kicking grants ass week in and week out?

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 7/15/2012 12:33pm
what happened to jg? hell even jeff's not needed at this point
|
Ing
7/14/2012 9:47am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2012 9:47am
Why yes, yes he is.
kongols
7/14/2012 9:53am Edited Date/Time 7/14/2012 9:53am
Hey Bob, I think you just jinxed him. I hope I`m wrong...

The Shop

jmar
7/14/2012 10:57pm
BobbyM wrote:
what happened to jg? hell even jeff's not needed at this point
It appears that way.

Good for Mike.
Pool-eh
Fantasy
2880th
7/15/2012 3:00am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2012 3:22am
Re-title=(are) Alessi('s balls) still (being licked by bobbym) week in and week out?
Pool-eh
Fantasy
2880th
7/15/2012 3:14am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2012 3:17am
And for the record, if I'm booted for calling out your douche-dom. Having a favorite rider is cool. I get it. I loved Bradshaw. I was also 4 when he stopped racing. Grow up. Your hatin anything not 800 or 801 and thinking that (edited:expletive)Tony is an "award winning father, coach or good guy", is passed it's prime by 4 years at least. The hype shouldn't have been believed in for more than a Moto or 3 a year and sure as shit isn't what a certain father said would be the greatest of all time. So really dude. Youre lame. Good for mike when he does good. I am not a fan but I'll give where the givens due. But Everytime he beats someone from his past or who had caused him trouble in the past, you post garbage like this?

Have fun
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/15/2012 3:52am
After watching Alsessi the rolling road block hold up Dungey I dont know what there is to brag about. How does Alessi see whats in front of him when hes always looking back?
Crush
7/15/2012 4:42am
Mike is consistently second a lot, he needs to try get faster, not get better at blocking, he might be the best at that world wide!
machine
7/15/2012 4:59am
Wow, your getting desperate man, your now comparing Mike to 3rd tier riders, talk about lowering your expectations...Smile
TerryK
7/15/2012 5:22am
Pool-eh wrote:
And for the record, if I'm booted for calling out your douche-dom. Having a favorite rider is cool. I get it. I loved Bradshaw. I was...
And for the record, if I'm booted for calling out your douche-dom. Having a favorite rider is cool. I get it. I loved Bradshaw. I was also 4 when he stopped racing. Grow up. Your hatin anything not 800 or 801 and thinking that (edited:expletive)Tony is an "award winning father, coach or good guy", is passed it's prime by 4 years at least. The hype shouldn't have been believed in for more than a Moto or 3 a year and sure as shit isn't what a certain father said would be the greatest of all time. So really dude. Youre lame. Good for mike when he does good. I am not a fan but I'll give where the givens due. But Everytime he beats someone from his past or who had caused him trouble in the past, you post garbage like this?

Have fun
And Bobby catches yet another one. You have to admit, tiring to read or not, he is good at baiting you guys. Tongue
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/15/2012 6:04am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2012 6:16am
Mike has been riding great, Josh has been riding so-so. Mike's confidence is growing every race and I think he has gotten rid of the chip on his shoulder about Josh. They had some EPIC battles in the amateurs and that created some friction coming into SX/MX, but Mike has prevailed and Josh has lost his mo-jo, for the time being. It's too bad, because Josh has so much talent, but can't seem to get back his speed for some reason. I'll give Mike props for hanging in there and over coming his issues/injuries, he DESERVES what he has and he is making new fans every race. His attitude and the way he carries himself is really starting to have me cheering for him every weekend. Just for the record... Josh Grant is not the only guy that Mike Alessi has had a serious rivalry with. He's been going at it with Davie Millsaps since pee wee's and Ryan Villopoto since 60/80's. I've seen some really EPIC racing between these guys and most would agree that Alessi had the upper hand on all of them growing up !!!

My son grew up racing with Mike and Jeff from pee wee through the pro class and I have had my reservations about Tony, but the guy has given up his whole life to go racing with them. Say what you will about Tony, but the guy LOVES his kids... He's borderline CRAZY, in my opinion, but I don't have to live with the guy ! They sacrificed a lot growing up and Tony was really hard on them (especially Jeff). I've witnessed some seriously crazy things with the way Tony raised them and was NOT a fan of most of his choices. I always wondered if they would resent Tony for the way that he treated them, but it's obvious that they put all of that behind them enough to continue to do the only thing they know, RACE MX. I feel for both of them when they get older, they have both had so many injuries and are going to be feeling the effects of them for the rest of their lives. Jeff is SO MUCH better of a rider than his career stats show, but injuries have really taken a toll on him in the past and have kept him off the bike for some time now.

I wish that the haters could lighten up a little and stop bagging on Mike so much, the kid has really been proving himself and staying out of trouble. Give credit, where credit is due.... he's the 2nd best rider right now and leaves it all on the track EVERY race. Yes, he moved over on Dungey a few times, but even Dungey didn't complain about it. He wants to win so bad and I hope that he can get one before the season is over, but with the way Dungey is riding, it doesn't look good ! It's just going to get tougher once Canard, Reed and Villopoto get back to racing, but I don't see Mike giving up.... Hopefully Jeff can get healthy and show what he can do, he has just as much talent as Mike does, he's just had so many serious injuries that have held him back from proving himself. Josh Grant on the other hand, better find his Mo-Jo, or his carrer is going to get cut short. I am good friends with Mike Grant and Josh, so I'm not bashing him at all, I want to see him up front really bad. He has been humbled and injuries have held him back from being what he is capable of.

I think most of the riders would agree that Mike has grown up a lot and has raced clean for quite awhile now. His podium speeches are REAL and you can see that his emotions are being held back almost every time he's up there. I thought it was cool that he thanked Jeff and said how much he loves him, almost getting choked up in the process. I have never been a big fan of team Alessi, but have never been a hater either. He deserves respect for his accomplishments and has EARNED every nickel that he is making.

RANT over... sorry for the long post, but seeing him getting bashed just seems to bother me these days, it's just not fair.
Katoom72
7/15/2012 6:10am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2012 6:12am
Road blocking Alessi? Since when do we just let the guy behind us by? If he's faster good for him, but he first needs to pass. Or do we just give positions away since 2012?

Disrespecting riders seems to be a freaking sport on this board.
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/15/2012 6:30am
Katoom72 wrote:
Road blocking Alessi? Since when do we just let the guy behind us by? If he's faster good for him, but he first needs to pass...
Road blocking Alessi? Since when do we just let the guy behind us by? If he's faster good for him, but he first needs to pass. Or do we just give positions away since 2012?

AGREED on both
Faceaz
7/15/2012 7:03am
Katoom72 wrote:
Road blocking Alessi? Since when do we just let the guy behind us by? If he's faster good for him, but he first needs to pass...

800 is riding really good - no doubt. But, that kid needs to focus more in front of him, than behind. He's riding with eyes in the back of his head & constantly switching lines to try & block. But, for the most part he's switching it up in turns & not cross-jumping, so that makes it just racing IMO. Still he is riding really great, I just think there's potential for much more.

Funny the title is a about him whooping Grant and not his former employer whooping him,
Katoom72
7/15/2012 7:40am
The kid knows what he has to do. He came from midpack to the front over time, so he's been working hard on himself.
Yeah some bigshots are out of the game but he still leaves 38 other riders behind him. That's nothing to joke about...

The 'road block' complaint is plain out rediculous...
bobby397
7/15/2012 8:22am
I could be wrong, but I think grant just wants to make it a whole season healthy. Grant still shows flashes of his old speed. How about RV still kicking mikes ass every time the both line up, rv will do anything to make sure mike is unsuccessful at anything
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/15/2012 10:16am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2012 10:23am
bobby397 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think grant just wants to make it a whole season healthy. Grant still shows flashes of his old speed. How...
I could be wrong, but I think grant just wants to make it a whole season healthy. Grant still shows flashes of his old speed. How about RV still kicking mikes ass every time the both line up, rv will do anything to make sure mike is unsuccessful at anything
Yeah, RV is /was on a different level (kind of where Dungey is now), when he got hurt, BUT Mike handed RV his ass more times than not in Amateurs. RV stepped it up when he got the PC ride and Mike was trying to figure out what happened. RV has had the upper hand since and I'm sure he will be right back up to speed when he gets back on the bike. I'm excited to see RV, Canard, Reed, Dungey and Stewart coming this January. Hopefully they will all be healthy and Dungey will have to see where he fits in. IF Alessi could get through the whoops better in SX, he could be right in the mix, as well. I think once he starts getting smoked through the whoops, he gets frazzled and panic sets in. He had a few good showings last year, maybe he can use the confidence he is gathering right now and bring it with him to Anaheim.

**Bobby, you are correct on Josh just wanting to finish the season healthy. He has a lot of nagging injuries though and he's going to have to push through it and pick up the pace or he's going to get stuck being a top 10 guy, instead of a contender, which he once was. He's more than capable of running with any of them, but the longer he lingers outside of the top 5 and is 2-4 seconds off of the pace, the harder it's going to be to get his mo-jo back. I am a big fan and have known Josh since he was racing a 60 @ 8 years old, I want him to race to his potential more than the average guy.
lostboy819
Fantasy
1342nd
7/15/2012 11:09am
Katoom72 wrote:

Well if he would look in forward then he wouldnt have to worry about blocking, he has proven in the past he has the speed .
langhammx
Fantasy
581st
7/15/2012 11:15am Edited Date/Time 7/15/2012 11:16am
Katoom72 wrote:

lostboy819 wrote:
Well if he would look in forward then he wouldnt have to worry about blocking, he has proven in the past he has the speed .
That basically sums it up. He's been doing that since he was on a 50, bad habits are hard to break. Back then, most of the time he was so far out front, I'm not sure what he was looking at, but he's always done it. As far as blocking goes.... He was just trying to slow Dunget down. IF he gets in Ryan's head, it could slow him down enough to make it a race. Dungey has proven to be good at being patient and Mike has been giving Dungey HUGE props, ever chance he gets.
Skip376
7/15/2012 12:33pm
Someone tell the kid the race is not behind him but in front.

Post a reply to: is alessi still kicking grants ass week in and week out?

The Latest