if KR were racing the GP's would he be kicking ass like he is here?

BobbyM
Edited Date/Time 7/6/2014 6:54pm
The people that belittle the racers and talent in the GP's pretty much don't have a leg to stand on do they? Imho I don't think he would be like has been doing here so far.

Hell who knows, maybe it's the american trainer/s who have the upper hand.
|
Mr Bean
7/5/2014 2:28pm
Of course not - we all know the Yanks are pretenders. The real racing is in the GPs. Just ask Luongo.

Heck, he'd be lucky to get a Top 10 in the Canadian series. Alessi would finish 1-9 by himself.
7/5/2014 2:31pm
He would be winning there too IMO. By how much it's hard to say but his speed is incredible right now and he just seems in a zone that nobody else is close to. Will be interesting in a few more races as Tomac continues to get his legs underneath him but even then I don't see but an occasional rattle to that cage.
wreckitrandy
7/5/2014 2:31pm
Every euro that's over here was running from Cairoli when they left....

The Shop

7/5/2014 2:32pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2014 2:33pm
Every euro that's over here was running from Cairoli when they left....
That was a few seasons ago. Shit has seemed to change!
rcm406
7/5/2014 2:35pm
Yes, and I will even one up you and say he would be giving RV all could handle if RV was out there!
speyer
7/5/2014 2:41pm
No, Cairoli is to fast! But i don't think he´d been "kicking ass" in America if Villopoto been racing either.
Jefro98
7/5/2014 2:42pm
KR94 got second overall when he raced the 450 class at the German GP 2012 in between Cairoli and Desalle so I believe he would be a right up there yes. Not sure about dominating tho.
MxKing809
Fantasy
315th
7/5/2014 2:46pm
How many threads are you going to start about how much better a foreigner is?
7/5/2014 2:48pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2014 2:51pm
BobbyM wrote:
The people that belittle the racers and talent in the GP's pretty much don't have a leg to stand on do they? Imho I don't think...
The people that belittle the racers and talent in the GP's pretty much don't have a leg to stand on do they? Imho I don't think he would be like has been doing here so far.

Look at how Clement DeSalle did last year at Thunder Valley and Muddy Creek. That is a guy who WON 7 GP motos last year, and finished P2 in the standings. He has won 3 so far this year...and is 2nd in th standings. In his 4 AMA Pro National motos....he was on average about 40 seconds behind the winner. If KR were racing GPs...he would be beating DeSalle by 40 seconds. Do the math from there. My bet is KR would be P1 in he standings...but there would be some good racing. TC is no joke.

The difference is there is a lot more depth in the US. Clement is a solid P2 guy in MXGP. He is a P5-P7 guy in the US.
BobbyM
7/5/2014 2:50pm
MxKing809 wrote:
3 or 4, why do you ask?
Mr Bean
7/5/2014 2:52pm
MxKing809 wrote:
I know; you'd think people would be used to it by now.

I mean, RC was an alien who came and conquered the Earthlings and then phoned home.

Planet IBMXn or Germany; what's the difference?
bsharkey
7/5/2014 2:52pm
Jefro98 wrote:
KR94 got second overall when he raced the 450 class at the German GP 2012 in between Cairoli and Desalle so I believe he would be...
KR94 got second overall when he raced the 450 class at the German GP 2012 in between Cairoli and Desalle so I believe he would be a right up there yes. Not sure about dominating tho.
I would definitely say ken is riding a ton better now than he ever has. just a guess but id say tony, ken and ryan are pretty dang close to each other and each might be the best depending on where they were racing
7/5/2014 2:56pm
Jefro98 wrote:
KR94 got second overall when he raced the 450 class at the German GP 2012 in between Cairoli and Desalle so I believe he would be...
Agree.
Sunhouse
7/5/2014 3:45pm
Are we talking with a few years under his belt, or if KR never moved to the US in the first place?
I think his move to the US has made him a more complete rider. I don´t know if he is faster on GP tracks now than he was then, but he is way faster on US tracks now than in 2012. Also, his fitness seems to be a lot better now than two years ago.
TDeath21
7/5/2014 4:07pm
Hard to say. I think he would be. Cairoli is, in my opinion, the only guy over there that would be on his level. Here, he has other guys pushing him all the time which Cairoli doesn't have. That would give him a slight advantage. It benefited him greatly to come here in 2012 with a stiff group of riders in the 250 class. There comes a point in everyone's career where the only thing that will make them better is better competition.
TeamGreen
7/5/2014 4:11pm
Roczen IS a GP rider that just happens to be racing in the USA. We might want to take a look at his MXoN performances over the last few years and then take time to realize...

He's only gotten Faster.

Could KR beat AC222?

I'm thinking we'll see in a few months.
jamma10
7/5/2014 5:13pm
BobbyM wrote:
The people that belittle the racers and talent in the GP's pretty much don't have a leg to stand on do they? Imho I don't think...

Look at how Clement DeSalle did last year at Thunder Valley and Muddy Creek. That is a guy who WON 7 GP motos last year, and...
Look at how Clement DeSalle did last year at Thunder Valley and Muddy Creek. That is a guy who WON 7 GP motos last year, and finished P2 in the standings. He has won 3 so far this year...and is 2nd in th standings. In his 4 AMA Pro National motos....he was on average about 40 seconds behind the winner. If KR were racing GPs...he would be beating DeSalle by 40 seconds. Do the math from there. My bet is KR would be P1 in he standings...but there would be some good racing. TC is no joke.

The difference is there is a lot more depth in the US. Clement is a solid P2 guy in MXGP. He is a P5-P7 guy in the US.
Actually had Desalle maintained the same scoring average he had at Thunder Valley and Tennesse over the entire 2013 Outdoor National series his projected finish overall finish would (probably) have been 4th. Over here he usually plays second fiddle to both Cairoli and Paulin but Paulin has injured himself in two consecutive seasons now allowing Desalle to inherit 2nd in the series.

Roczen and Cairoli would probably be trading wins over here.
JW381
7/5/2014 5:16pm
speyer wrote:
No, Cairoli is to fast! But i don't think he´d been "kicking ass" in America if Villopoto been racing either.
Exactly. I think Cairoli would routinely beat him, as well as Villo if he were racing.
bd
7/5/2014 5:25pm
All being equal (KR's program), yes he we would be contending against AC222.

Roczen made a big leap when he started training with A Baker and Villopoto.
stewie94
7/5/2014 5:31pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Roczen IS a GP rider that just happens to be racing in the USA. We might want to take a look at his MXoN performances over...
Roczen IS a GP rider that just happens to be racing in the USA. We might want to take a look at his MXoN performances over the last few years and then take time to realize...

He's only gotten Faster.

Could KR beat AC222?

^^spot on , did he not originate in gp series then transferred to the amercian series
Motoxdoc
7/5/2014 5:35pm
BobbyM wrote:

Maybe he wouldn't if he went there......but maybe he would. But I definitely believe he would be spanking them just as bad or worse if they came here. IMHO.
Harry_Gray
7/5/2014 7:27pm
In regards to the OP; KR would have been winning in the GP's as well. Probably would have had a few more GP titles, but...he came to where the best competition is. Not to sound arrogant, but we do SX and MX here and the fast riders from all over come to race the AMA SX/MX series. Not badmouthing the GP/European racers, but when they win the GP's and then come over here and win; it validates their abilities. Don't think anyone is going to accuse Roczen of being slow, or Musquin, Langston, Albee, etc...
motokid40
7/5/2014 7:40pm Edited Date/Time 7/5/2014 7:41pm
TeamGreen wrote:
Roczen IS a GP rider that just happens to be racing in the USA. We might want to take a look at his MXoN performances over...

He's only gotten Faster.

Could KR beat AC222?

I think KR is going to surprise Tony!
agn5009
7/5/2014 8:26pm
There is no doubt KR would be beating AC. AC wins a lot, but there's also times when he finishes off the box when he doesn't crash. KR is not finishing off the box in a field that has much more talent without a crash. The only ones who can beat KR right now straight up is JS and RD, and that's only when they are totally on that day.
brimx153
7/5/2014 8:55pm
This thread pissed off so much .desalie could win lots of races in the us. And I actually think he be better over there . And have a chance at the title. Every time he has went there he. Has done really really well on tracks he has never raced. On a bike that was nt his . The big difference between him and carolli is the mud and sand tracks . And also consistenticy , most races he is prob the fastest , except in sand . End of the day , TC 41 , BM 24 and JG 33 , would be doing really really well to finish top 5 , every race , strobos. , van horbeck,,nagal , paulin , big ken, could beat them any day of the wk
pilotdude
7/5/2014 9:09pm
brimx153 wrote:
This thread pissed off so much .desalie could win lots of races in the us. And I actually think he be better over there . And...
This thread pissed off so much .desalie could win lots of races in the us. And I actually think he be better over there . And have a chance at the title. Every time he has went there he. Has done really really well on tracks he has never raced. On a bike that was nt his . The big difference between him and carolli is the mud and sand tracks . And also consistenticy , most races he is prob the fastest , except in sand . End of the day , TC 41 , BM 24 and JG 33 , would be doing really really well to finish top 5 , every race , strobos. , van horbeck,,nagal , paulin , big ken, could beat them any day of the wk
Yeah, I needed a good laugh.
KennyT
Fantasy
280th
7/5/2014 9:14pm
I think he would be facing tougher top 5 competition in the GP's, not sure if he would be winning as easily as he is here
brimx153
7/5/2014 9:50pm
AMA have great riders up to the top 6 , after that the likes of filthy Phil even tho I like him alot would be lucky to finish top 20 in the gp s , take a guy like Nichols, in some races he would be 15 th , he would easily be a 5 to 9 guy ever race in AMA ,

Post a reply to: if KR were racing the GP's would he be kicking ass like he is here?

The Latest