holy TWMX RV interview Batman!

peelout
Edited Date/Time 10/13/2014 6:38pm
talk about a good interview, great read!

good work Eric Johnson, been wanting a little more info from the champ, and i know a lot of you guys bash the dude for not being very forthcoming. can't wait to see how next season shakes down.

ps... sorry if it's been posted, didn't see anything on it today

ppss... taking off a little early and i'm racing a GP this weekend, gonna kick some fuckin' ass. so here's a parting gift.

|
Forza
10/10/2014 4:02pm
Thanks. Good read.
Ramrod
Fantasy
1692nd
10/10/2014 4:10pm
Umm, so Peelout your excellency. Could you show me the rest of your gif?
downard254
10/10/2014 4:13pm
Ramrod wrote:
Umm, so Peelout your excellency. Could you show me the rest of your gif?
X1000

DOINNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!
10/10/2014 4:43pm
RV is in it to win it and I'm now, for the first time ever, more excited for the GP series than I am for the SX series.

The Shop

10/10/2014 4:59pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2014 5:06pm
this is my job. This is what I do. It’s not my life. This is just what I do.
RV has got it right
DA498
10/10/2014 5:18pm
RV has my full support, Cant wait to see how it all pans out. I will be a bigger fan of the GPs next year for sure. Epic move on his part. GO RV!!!!
imoto34
Fantasy
3179th
10/10/2014 5:19pm
Thanks for that. RV will be a champ anywhere he goes
oilman400
Fantasy
1914th
10/10/2014 5:31pm
Whats all this talk about RV? all i saw taht GIF?? must have missed something LOL
500guy
10/10/2014 5:38pm
excellent read, I didn't know Eric Johnson wrote for Transworld.

I hope RV shreds it over there.
10/10/2014 5:39pm
He still comes off across as a whiney little bitch. NEWSFLASH RYAN..... you are still a millionaire... doing something FUN FOR A LIVING!!!! Good grief.

I get that it's annoying being quasi famous. That part I get. I get that it's hard frikkin work, and painful, and risky. Guess what... a ton of people's lives and professions are the same. And no, money's not everything. But, if he's not a dumb ass, and is wise with his money, he retires with freedom that FEW will ever experience.

I don't begrudge him... cause it is tough. He just needs to pull in the lip and stop being a tit. MANY would trade him, and try JUST as hard. He needs to remember, he's not the fastest rider in the world. He's just the fastest rider right now, that GOT TO RIDE FULL TIME. Get over it dude... And good luck in Europe. I hope he smokes em. And SMILES. Lol
hvaughn88
That really was an awesome interview. I love RVs approach and find myself being more of a fan of his all the time
pilotdude
"One thing with me, I’ve never had a problem getting used to a track. The place I raced over there was St. Jean d’Angely. I’ve heard that’s one of the worst places they go to in the series. It’s like rock bed underneath with a little bit of dirt on top. I fared fine there. Getting used to the dirt and getting used to the tracks isn’t going to be one of my issues."
bd
10/10/2014 5:44pm
He still comes off across as a whiney little bitch. NEWSFLASH RYAN..... you are still a millionaire... doing something FUN FOR A LIVING!!!! Good grief. I...
He still comes off across as a whiney little bitch. NEWSFLASH RYAN..... you are still a millionaire... doing something FUN FOR A LIVING!!!! Good grief.

I get that it's annoying being quasi famous. That part I get. I get that it's hard frikkin work, and painful, and risky. Guess what... a ton of people's lives and professions are the same. And no, money's not everything. But, if he's not a dumb ass, and is wise with his money, he retires with freedom that FEW will ever experience.

I don't begrudge him... cause it is tough. He just needs to pull in the lip and stop being a tit. MANY would trade him, and try JUST as hard. He needs to remember, he's not the fastest rider in the world. He's just the fastest rider right now, that GOT TO RIDE FULL TIME. Get over it dude... And good luck in Europe. I hope he smokes em. And SMILES. Lol
RV spoke his truth. Not one of us are in his shoes.

Very intelligent candid interview. I am fan and now a bigger fan. Bring it RV
machine
10/10/2014 5:47pm
pilotdude wrote:
"One thing with me, I’ve never had a problem getting used to a track. The place I raced over there was St. Jean d’Angely. I’ve heard...
"One thing with me, I’ve never had a problem getting used to a track. The place I raced over there was St. Jean d’Angely. I’ve heard that’s one of the worst places they go to in the series. It’s like rock bed underneath with a little bit of dirt on top. I fared fine there. Getting used to the dirt and getting used to the tracks isn’t going to be one of my issues."
Oh boy...the Euros are sleeping right now....but when they wake up...well you know the routine....drop an give me twenty!Grinning

10/10/2014 5:54pm
He still comes off across as a whiney little bitch. NEWSFLASH RYAN..... you are still a millionaire... doing something FUN FOR A LIVING!!!! Good grief. I...

bd wrote:
RV spoke his truth. Not one of us are in his shoes. Very intelligent candid interview. I am fan and now a bigger fan. Bring it...

I'm a fan too. Any professional athlete that has that kind of drive and success, I'm impressed.

But... as for his truth... Boo Frikkin Hoo. Chin up cinderella. it beats grinding it out in a job. Reality has a way of learning these guys up.

And yes... absolutely... Go RV.
hvaughn88
10/10/2014 6:15pm

bd wrote:
RV spoke his truth. Not one of us are in his shoes. Very intelligent candid interview. I am fan and now a bigger fan. Bring it...

I'm a fan too. Any professional athlete that has that kind of drive and success, I'm impressed. But... as for his truth... Boo Frikkin Hoo. Chin...
I'm a fan too. Any professional athlete that has that kind of drive and success, I'm impressed.

But... as for his truth... Boo Frikkin Hoo. Chin up cinderella. it beats grinding it out in a job. Reality has a way of learning these guys up.

What exactly do you mean "grinding it out" at a job? I can only speak for myself, but I'm not exactly running my body into the ground and risking serious injury or death everytime I go to work.
slipdog
10/10/2014 6:38pm
I wanted to break my computer every tine they let that Bobby Nichols speak.
tobz
10/10/2014 6:50pm
slipdog wrote:
I wanted to break my computer every tine they let that Bobby Nichols speak.
Thought it was funny how Johnson writes "Bobby enters the convo to add some insight" doesn't even respond to his input and then writes "Ryan, can we continue with YOUR interview?"
tvo314
10/10/2014 7:30pm
Great interview. I totally respect how Ryan's taken control of his life. He sounds like a pretty smart guy too. I hope he crushes it over there.
machine
10/10/2014 7:34pm
I just read it, damn that was about the best MX interview i've ever read.
10/10/2014 7:37pm Edited Date/Time 10/10/2014 7:41pm
bd wrote:

I'm a fan too. Any professional athlete that has that kind of drive and success, I'm impressed. But... as for his truth... Boo Frikkin Hoo. Chin...

hvaughn88 wrote:
What exactly do you mean "grinding it out" at a job? I can only speak for myself, but I'm not exactly running my body into the...
What exactly do you mean "grinding it out" at a job? I can only speak for myself, but I'm not exactly running my body into the ground and risking serious injury or death everytime I go to work.
I respect that. But, you are right, you can only speak for yourself.

Look guys, I am a huge RV fan. I'm a fan because he does it, and has the drive to win. I get the stresses that have been heaped on these guys. They are real. But, if I had to choose, at his age between grinding it out for his job and situation, or mine... I'd trade him right then and there. And, I make a VERY good living. I stand to make a ton on the stock market if things work out as planned... with our company. But, it is a GRIND... long hours, tons of stress, and headaches. But, it's still awesome. It's a great life. His is too. If he can't seem to find his enjoyment, give up the money, quit and go work an office job. I broke a back, ribs, tore up a pelvis, concussions, and compound tib fib. FOR FREE... cause I loved motorcycles, and riding. I'd do it again. Best life ever. Smile I miss racing. We are too soon old, and too late wise....

That being said... as an RV fan, I hope he waxes those guys, and had the best time in his racing career. Reality awaits.
Stephon
10/10/2014 7:37pm

I've never been a huge fan of RV from the perspective of his personality, but I have a feeling I'd feel different if I knew him. Obviously, on the track he's a beast.

I don't think he comes off as whiney. I think he was just telling it like it is from his point of view. Yeah, he's a millionaire and he earned ever penny of it. It's not up to me to define was is fun for him to do for his living...especially when I have no idea what the reality is of actually doing it.

I disagree that a ton of people's lives and professions are similar...the training, the travel, the risk. He is truly risking his life as part of his profession...I don't think most people do that on any kind of level that he does it.

I agree that he comes off as a tit sometimes, but I wouldn't want everybody to be like Travis Pastrana. Just several months ago I was thinking that I wouldn't miss him all that much when he retires, but this move he's making is massive. Supercross in the states will be, for the most part, just as exciting without RV and the GP's will be insanely interesting. I watched most of them last year and will be glued to them this year.

Much respect RV!!!
10/10/2014 7:42pm
A lot of thought went into that Interview and it shows. That was an awesome read!!!! All the best to the whole RV2 Crew on this Journey. Live that Dream Brother!!!!!
10/10/2014 7:43pm

Stephon wrote:
I've never been a huge fan of RV from the perspective of his personality, but I have a feeling I'd feel different if I knew him...
I've never been a huge fan of RV from the perspective of his personality, but I have a feeling I'd feel different if I knew him. Obviously, on the track he's a beast.

I don't think he comes off as whiney. I think he was just telling it like it is from his point of view. Yeah, he's a millionaire and he earned ever penny of it. It's not up to me to define was is fun for him to do for his living...especially when I have no idea what the reality is of actually doing it.

I disagree that a ton of people's lives and professions are similar...the training, the travel, the risk. He is truly risking his life as part of his profession...I don't think most people do that on any kind of level that he does it.

I agree that he comes off as a tit sometimes, but I wouldn't want everybody to be like Travis Pastrana. Just several months ago I was thinking that I wouldn't miss him all that much when he retires, but this move he's making is massive. Supercross in the states will be, for the most part, just as exciting without RV and the GP's will be insanely interesting. I watched most of them last year and will be glued to them this year.

Much respect RV!!!
Well said sir. Great perspective. You have my respect for your thoughts. Smile
hvaughn88
10/10/2014 7:46pm

hvaughn88 wrote:
What exactly do you mean "grinding it out" at a job? I can only speak for myself, but I'm not exactly running my body into the...
I respect that. But, you are right, you can only speak for yourself. Look guys, I am a huge RV fan. I'm a fan because he...
I respect that. But, you are right, you can only speak for yourself.

Look guys, I am a huge RV fan. I'm a fan because he does it, and has the drive to win. I get the stresses that have been heaped on these guys. They are real. But, if I had to choose, at his age between grinding it out for his job and situation, or mine... I'd trade him right then and there. And, I make a VERY good living. I stand to make a ton on the stock market if things work out as planned... with our company. But, it is a GRIND... long hours, tons of stress, and headaches. But, it's still awesome. It's a great life. His is too. If he can't seem to find his enjoyment, give up the money, quit and go work an office job. I broke a back, ribs, tore up a pelvis, concussions, and compound tib fib. FOR FREE... cause I loved motorcycles, and riding. I'd do it again. Best life ever. Smile I miss racing. We are too soon old, and too late wise....

That being said... as an RV fan, I hope he waxes those guys, and had the best time in his racing career. Reality awaits.
So because you miss racing and would trade him in a heartbeat, you think he shouldn't treat it as simply a job? I get that you're job is stressful and has long hours, but boo fricken hoo...chin up Cinderella!
zehn
10/10/2014 7:50pm

Dude, he doesn't owe you shit. He can have whatever opinions he wants about life at the top.
Stephon
10/10/2014 7:50pm

Stephon wrote:
I've never been a huge fan of RV from the perspective of his personality, but I have a feeling I'd feel different if I knew him...

Much respect RV!!!
Well said sir. Great perspective. You have my respect for your thoughts. Smile
And I'm a huge Pastrana fan. I was filming him in slo-mo in the whoops at the Red Bull Straight Rhythm and was PISSED that I stopped filming before he pulled the back flip!! Great dude, met him last year at the hotel I work at.
10/10/2014 8:01pm
hvaughn88 wrote:
So because you miss racing and would trade him in a heartbeat, you think he shouldn't treat it as simply a job? I get that you're...
So because you miss racing and would trade him in a heartbeat, you think he shouldn't treat it as simply a job? I get that you're job is stressful and has long hours, but boo fricken hoo...chin up Cinderella!
No. Nice try though. Ryan doesn't care what I think, nor should he. It has everything to do with his quality of life, and then him thinking it's just a job. It's not. It's a damn gift what he has, and his life. Just like it is for most of us.

I said my life is awesome. It is. I'm thankful every day. It is a grind though, but it's still awesome. If I had his attitude, I'd expect some hard working person, working for wages, etc... to slap me a good one. Because like I eluded to, he didn't choose all the results, skill and victory. much of it is luck, circumstance and hard work of others around him. Like his parents for instance. If I was a betting man, I'd say a ton of his begrudging attitude, is due to his family stresses, etc that they experienced. They certainly did. These aren't problems that only celebrities or professional athletes experience. It's life.

Nah... nevermind. You know what? Excellent interview. I'm truly glad he spoke honestly. It is just a job. He didn't choose it. Poor Ryan. He has to do a job, and get paid millions for it, travel the world, and have expectations put on him. That's terrible. Must drive the will to live right out of him. I don't know how he carries on. He should retire. Wink

Post a reply to: holy TWMX RV interview Batman!

The Latest