helmet sizing question

mxrudi
Edited Date/Time 1/26/2012 3:52pm
So.. I am buying a new helmet and decided to get one of those new AGVs. I was at the local store and tried both MTX and AX-8 models. I decided for AX-8. The thing is they have MTX model in both small and medium size, but AX-8 model just in medium size. I feel for medium AX-8 that it could be smaller but is that right for helmet that real tight? My head measures nearly 58cm and this goes for medium size (57-58cm). But I get the small MTX on my head too but don't know if it squeeze me too much. I will buy helmet on ebay and now I don't know what to order small or medium size AX-8?? I would really like to try small AX-8 but they won't have it in next 3 months. And this shop is the only one in my country to have AGV helmets. What should I do? Should I risk and order small size AX-8 or go with medium which is (on paper) right for me? Can I consider how other model (MTX) in small size feels on my head?

Thank you guys.
|
mxb2
11/28/2010 4:02pm
mxrudi wrote:
So.. I am buying a new helmet and decided to get one of those new AGVs. I was at the local store and tried both MTX...
So.. I am buying a new helmet and decided to get one of those new AGVs. I was at the local store and tried both MTX and AX-8 models. I decided for AX-8. The thing is they have MTX model in both small and medium size, but AX-8 model just in medium size. I feel for medium AX-8 that it could be smaller but is that right for helmet that real tight? My head measures nearly 58cm and this goes for medium size (57-58cm). But I get the small MTX on my head too but don't know if it squeeze me too much. I will buy helmet on ebay and now I don't know what to order small or medium size AX-8?? I would really like to try small AX-8 but they won't have it in next 3 months. And this shop is the only one in my country to have AGV helmets. What should I do? Should I risk and order small size AX-8 or go with medium which is (on paper) right for me? Can I consider how other model (MTX) in small size feels on my head?

Thank you guys.
Helmets should be snug, but not uncomfortable, and keep in mind after some use they will loosen up a lil bit. Some helmet companies have shells that are only one size different, small, med-large, large xl, or large xxl that way if your close on size the shell is the same and you can get different cheek pads or headliners, See if they offer those parts and you should be okay regardless of the shell size, hope that helps! Good Luck. You might want to get an extra visor if it does nt come with the helmet, seeing that it looks like it might be hard to get.

Post a reply to: helmet sizing question

The Latest